I just bought my 450th Xbox game

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']nice collection....i have just about every xbox game that i want with the exception of maybe 15 that i'm waiting for pricedrops on....though i could easily buy 100 more depending on how many more $4.99/$1.99 clearances i come across

523 ps2
157 xbox
110 gba
90 gcn
87 ps1
4 gbc[/QUOTE]

Well that's understandable when you have 500+ PS2 and 90 GCN games. A lot of the games you have for those systems are probably on Xbox as well, so it limits the amount that you would want for Xbox unless you want to buy the same game on different systems. I chose to collect the Xbox games this generation simply because the multisystem games are usually slightly better on Xbox.

There's still plenty of PS2 exclusives that I'm going to pick up, but for GCN I can't see myself buying that many more games.

in accordance to your list of "needed" games.. most of those are bargin titles.. just not all that interested in getting in on them?.. or do you just prefer to find as you go approach? I do have a copy of Phantom Dust.. thats a pretty boss game.

[quote name='Ledhed']Much more than that, actually. Last I bothered to check (which was close to a year ago), there were at least 700 PS2 games available.[/QUOTE]

The PS2 library is closing in on 1000. I lost count several months ago when it was at 974.

[quote name='urzishra14']in accordance to your list of "needed" games.. most of those are bargin titles.. just not all that interested in getting in on them?.. or do you just prefer to find as you go approach? I do have a copy of Phantom Dust.. thats a pretty boss game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I generally have tried to just buy stuff when I've found it for cheaper than $10. Phantom Dust is pretty high up on my list of games that I don't have. I just keep finding $50 games for less than $10, so it makes the $20 price tag of PD seem expensive. It's kind of funny that the bargain titles have become the ones that I think are too expensive.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Not bad at all. I used ot keep track of how much I spent on everything and my average was around $13. But when I moved I kinda lost track of that and now I have no idea what my average cost is. I imagine it's about the same cause I buy most of my games at $20 or below. The occasional $50 is spent on an Atlus game, although I did get Nocturne for $33 during the TRU B2G1 sale.[/QUOTE]

I keep a spreadsheet with every game I've owned, how much I paid, how much I sold it for as well as some other details. My average price per Xbox game is $9.76, but when you factor in the money I've made back selling them, my actual cost is just $1.27 per game! (Yay non-CAGers on eBay!) ~110 games total. If I sold the couple dozen I still have currently I'm pretty sure I'd go into the black. :lol:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']That's pretty impressive, Shipwreck. Is it just me, or are you missing Ghost Recon 2?[/QUOTE]

That's not just you. I went online twice with the original Ghost Recon, got my ass handed to me, and I never bought either Island Thunder or Ghost Recon 2 after that. I have a hard time getting into that style of game. I keep picking up Ghost Recon 2 and thinking, "Man, this looks pretty sweet," but then I always remember my experiences with Ghost Recon 1.

Wow 425 !! Finally, I can point to another collection as putting mine to shame. I have like 146, but that is indvidual, unique games. I have the holiday bundle discs: Sega GT/JSRF. Tetris Worlds/ Clone Wars etc & I count those as 2 games. Plus I have multiple copies of some games, cuz I have 3 XBOXes, so I'll get extra copies of sys linkable games. I'm kinda a collector but mostly of games of titiles that interest me & if I can get them cheap & new, I'll pick them up. For some odd reason, I like the platinum hits packaging, so I'll get those & trade in the regular packaged ones, unless they're the aformentioned linkable games, then I'll keep 2 copies of said titles. I wonder how many titles I'd have if I kept them all instead of trading in numerous games.

Thats a really respectable xbox collection, I collect myself for current gen stuff but I try to balance my collections a bit, though I do know that is kinda abnormal for a collector as most collectors try to take the more logical approach of focusing on certain systems... I suppose I thrive on the chaos of trying to balance my collections at least a moderate amount.

I will only list modern systems since anything pre ps2/gba would take too long...
Anyway, all purchased as NEW, and are U.S. titles. 1 players choice for gcn, 4 greatest hits for ps2, and 2 platinum hits for xbox (the greatest hits and platinum hits were mostly special deals)

GBA- rounding down to 150
Ps2- rounding down to 360
GCN- rounding up to 110 (just under 110)
Xbox-rounding down to 320 (just over)
DS- 22
PSP- 18

[quote name='xmagxus']Thats a really respectable xbox collection, I collect myself for current gen stuff but I try to balance my collections a bit, though I do know that is kinda abnormal for a collector as most collectors try to take the more logical approach of focusing on certain systems... I suppose I thrive on the chaos of trying to balance my collections at least a moderate amount.

I will only list modern systems since anything pre ps2/gba would take too long...
Anyway, all purchased as NEW, and are U.S. titles. 1 players choice for gcn, 4 greatest hits for ps2, and 2 platinum hits for xbox (the greatest hits and platinum hits were mostly special deals)

GBA- rounding down to 150
Ps2- rounding down to 360
GCN- rounding up to 110 (just under 110)
Xbox-rounding down to 320 (just over)
DS- 22
PSP- 18[/QUOTE]

What's going on xmagxus, I remember you from when I used to frequent the gfaqs Xbox board. It absolutely boggles my mind that you have bought that many games new. That's a lot of dough to throw down on games even by my standards. 22 DS games, 18 PSP games, that's a good $1000 bucks on just those two systems in about 6 months assuming you paid an average of $25 per game. It's probably a good bit over a grand because I haven't seen that many sales that would bring new PSP games down to $25. Pretty impressive collection though.

Well I actually haven't bought but a few in the last 3-4 weeks because i've been too busy to actually even shop for games, though I plan to start back up this weekend. I do spend a lot on games I suppose but I spend a lot on a lot of "good deals" I mean as a lot of us had cashed in on the various circuit city deals and such I did that as well but I also try and get good deals on new releases, one example was paying 24.99 for star wars episode 3 on DS as opposed to its 39.99 retail price. Thanks to websites like this and personal price comparisons I find deals that allow me to generally keep a nice pace on game purchases.

i don't like to purchase a lot of games that i can't reasonably play and/or replay.. i have pretty much a stack (of about 10-20 games) that i want to start/finish..

He said (in reference to the post directly above mine). that he spent an average of 11 dollars a game (that includes games he purchased at launch for 50 and steel batallion) so thats probably in the neighborhood of 4500 on xbox games probably a bit less.. but at least that.. which is a hefty price tag.. if you look at his collection at IGN they value it at over 29 thousand so thats a lot of money.. but if its your hobby then its all relative.

Well, I'm up to 451 now. I'll have to update my photos and make sure my list on IGN is up to date sometime soon. I've really been enjoying a PAL import lately, Rolling. It's a Tony Hawk 3 style clone, but instead of skateboarding, it is inline skating. It was developed by Rage before they went bankrupt and I highly suggest checking it out if you are a fan of those types of games. Nothing very flashy, but it has a very responsive control scheme.

The 360 is starting to loom large in the horizon, so my Xbox collecting might slow down a little in the next couple of months as I reserve some of those funds for 360 games. I still plan on collecting the entire North American library though (only 202 off at this current point), and I'm looking forward to a lot of price drops once shelf space is needed for 360 titles.

Keeping up with this thread has made me realize what a junky I am. Since I first posted my congrats in this thread on your 400th Xbox game (in May of this year) I have puchased more than 62 PS2 games. At the time I had a tad under 400 PS2 games and now I have 462. :shock: I really need to stop buying and start playing.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Just think how much money you've spent on all that....... you probably could have bought a new car[/QUOTE]

I'm already making one new car payment and that's quite enough. :)

Jeez, are there 450 Xbox games worth playing? That's impresses, your Xbox collection alone is bigger than my entire collection dating back to the NES and SEGA Master System.

[quote name='MadFlava']Jeez, are there 450 Xbox games worth playing? That's impresses, your Xbox collection alone is bigger than my entire collection dating back to the NES and SEGA Master System.[/QUOTE]

Well, it all depends on your definition of games that are worth playing. As long as a game controls well and is enjoyable to play, I consider the game worth playing. I've only come across a few games that are absolutely not worth playing. A few of these include Drake, Stake, Toxic Grind, & Pulse Racer. If I dug through my list I could probably come up with a few more, but I believe that those are the 4 worst games on Xbox.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']That's pretty impressive, Shipwreck. Is it just me, or are you missing Ghost Recon 2?[/QUOTE]

Believe me..you arent "Missing" it...that game is horrible. I loved the first one and hated the second

We should get together sometime and play some Crash N Burn on Live. It's a lot more fun playing against people than it is the AI.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']is your house secured? it would be a big loss to get robbed with all those games.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have an alarm system and three very vicious attack cats.

cool, makes me wish I would just keep my games, instead of periodically selling them, other wise I'd have 10x what I have now. :(

Congrats man.

Holy crap, according to your IGN list, you're 9 away from 500! Quick buy 9 games and hit that milestone!

[quote name='-Never4ever-']cool, makes me wish I would just keep my games, instead of periodically selling them, other wise I'd have 10x what I have now. :(

Congrats man.

Holy crap, according to your IGN list, you're 9 away from 500! Quick buy 9 games and hit that milestone![/QUOTE]

The IGN list includes demos as well so it's not exactly accurate for the amount of games that I have.

[quote name='coolsteel']That is pretty impressive, but only playing them for 30 minutes in most cases? Thats pretty rough, hard to say if a game is complete garbage or not with so little time.[/QUOTE]

Nah, for us attention-deficit types, that's about right. :)

I have around 200 games total betwen PC, XBox, and DC , and play about 10% of them regularly. Usually for no more than an hour or so at a time, but there have been exceptions...halo 2, for example...

Hey Shipwreck, I was checking out your pics of your collection and thought I noticed 2 Halo 2 special editions. Why do you have 2? Is there a difference in the two?

[quote name='Purkeynator']Hey Shipwreck, I was checking out your pics of your collection and thought I noticed 2 Halo 2 special editions. Why do you have 2? Is there a difference in the two?[/QUOTE]

One of those is actually the promo case that they had in stores before the game released. I just use it to store the bonus disc that way I don't have to worry about it.

that's a shitload. you even have double my PS1 collection, and that's my favorite to collect. only one i see that i have more in is PS2, which i have ~250.

[quote name='dark-star']I have around 200 games total betwen PC, XBox, and DC , and play about 10% of them regularly...[/QUOTE]

I have around 2000 games total from PC, GCN, Xbox and PS2 on down to NES and Atari 2600 cartridges. I regularly play less than 1% of these, and yes, I do feel that such useless consumerism if probably a sign of mental illness. :D

Congrats Shipwreck! Thats a very impressive collection. I assume your going for full completion?

I collect games, but Im just not into sports games, so I never buy them, and that really helps me financially, cos by the end of a consoles run, yearly updated sports games can account for a good chunk of the total games released. But of course if you do collect those as well, you can probably pick them all up for $1 at some point.

I have over a hundred PS2 games, and by time Im done I'll probably have 300 or so, but cos I dont need to pick up 8 Maddens and 8 NBA Lives, etc I wont ever have truely impressive numbers of games for a console.

But anyway, congrats and keep up the good work! And if you have any pics of your GI Joe collection, post some links to those too! :D

[quote name='Puffa469']Congrats Shipwreck! Thats a very impressive collection. I assume your going for full completion?

I collect games, but Im just not into sports games, so I never buy them, and that really helps me financially, cos by the end of a consoles run, yearly updated sports games can account for a good chunk of the total games released. But of course if you do collect those as well, you can probably pick them all up for $1 at some point.

I have over a hundred PS2 games, and by time Im done I'll probably have 300 or so, but cos I dont need to pick up 8 Maddens and 8 NBA Lives, etc I wont ever have truely impressive numbers of games for a console.

But anyway, congrats and keep up the good work! And if you have any pics of your GI Joe collection, post some links to those too! :D[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm going for a complete Xbox collection and right now I'm at around 465 games out of the 757 releases. Out of the nearly 300 that I am missing, about 120 are racing or sports games that I am waiting to pick up extremely cheap. I've been saving a lot of store credit up for X360 games at the moment, so my Xbox collection has been slowing down a little bit.

As for my GI Joe collection, unfortunately right now they are all in Rubbermaid tubs in my basement because we are only planning to live in our current house for about another year and I don't think I'll get around to mounting the cases on the walls.

I must say that your collection is quite impressive. I've got maybe 550 total games. :lol:

EDIT: 547, according to IGN. Some are demos/promos though...

Congrats bro! Pay no attention to the asshats in this thread that don't understand the concept behind "collecting" something, you and me both know how much joy it brings to have a hobby! I've got 320 + PS2 games now, that's my main current gen collection.

i own about 200 xbox games and i thought that's alot.

for ps2 games i'm right around cmos at about 400.
(i thought i was bomb when i had the whole release for 2001 lol)

ps1 games i think.....i got around 300.

....and no you guys wouldn't want pics, all the cd cases are in like 6 huge containers i just keep my cds in 200 cd holders heh (except for ones that are super rare of course) i keep those in my small display.

12 PS2
10 GC
14 XBX
14 DS
18 PSP Games, 8 UMDs
I think PSP games are gonna be my collection seeing as i have more PSP games then on any other system.
Awesome though....Almost 500 is amazing

Wow, I can't imagine having 400 xbox games. How can you afford to pour that much into games? I know there have been sales, but doing that during the lifespan of a system you'd think the cost would be much greater than collecting stuff for dead systems.

Personally, I have 1603 total games (I think I'm missing between 20-60 in a box somewhere), but the system I have the most for is nes, at 305, followed by psx at 221. Other than that, only turbografx (144) and gameboy (114, taking into account all 3 formats) even surpass 100. For current gen, I have 39 xbox games, 77 ps2 games and 54 gamecube games, all but maybe 3 or 4 of my next gen games were gifts, or bought on sale (a few for 20, most 10 or under). Though I did spend about 75 u.s. on steel battalion, it still was on clearance a toys r us canada.

bread's done
Back