I just experence my "Don't buy 360 on Half.com"

brenglen

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys,

well I bought an Xbox 360 for $250.00 on Half.com, I didn't get it alright and it took a few days to get my refund but the sad part about it is the person put the item back on Half.com.

I have a queston, At some Gameshops they have 360 refurbished for $270.00 is it worth it?

ofcourse I am probabily the a million person on this board looking for a 360 deal.

I'd feel much safer buying a refurb from GS than I would getting it from a Half.com seller. If you get it from GS, and there's a problem, you can take it back to GS. If you get it from Half and there's a problem, what's the Half.com guy gonna do??

Personally I try to go the retail route for any expensive piece of electronics, it just feels like there's less that can go wrong. Even if they try to stiff you there will always be someone higher up you can complain to and you will most likely end up with something satisfactory. But if one lone reseller on a secondhand site flakes out on you, it's much harder to deal with.

if you're anywhere near a MicroCenter just do the $100 off MIR there. That way you can get a $200 core or $300 premium nice and easy without worrying. You can get an additional $100 off if you play their credit card game, but that seems like too much of a hassle to me.

[quote name='nasum']if you're anywhere near a MicroCenter just do the $100 off MIR there. That way you can get a $200 core or $300 premium nice and easy without worrying. You can get an additional $100 off if you play their credit card game, but that seems like too much of a hassle to me.[/QUOTE]

hey, I have one of those stores near my city. How do I get the $100.00 off there?

[quote name='nasum']if you're anywhere near a MicroCenter just do the $100 off MIR there. That way you can get a $200 core or $300 premium nice and easy without worrying. You can get an additional $100 off if you play their credit card game, but that seems like too much of a hassle to me.[/QUOTE]

Hey I bought the system today...Thanks ! :D

Can you please explain how that $100 dollar off thing works? I have a "Micro Center" not too close from me and I wouldnt want the hassle of driving there, asking about a $100 off thing and not really being sure of what it is, and have the guy say he never heard of it.

when you buy any 360 form MC you get a 100dollar MIR, my dad did this for me for christmas, he hasn't recieved the 100dollar check yet but I expect it to arrive soon enough.

bread's done
Back