I only gOTT $215 left after getting fired?!!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DT778']Well, that sucked.

How was it a good non call? They were both guilty of holding each other?[/QUOTE]

Crabtree was trying to get out of the hold. It should have been called.

[quote name='DT778']Well, that sucked.

How was it a good non call? They were both guilty of holding each other?[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant, they both appeared to be guilty so you can't call that there for either side. Not in that situation.

If anything the play before that was more egregious and should have been called.

[quote name='munch']Crabtree was trying to get out of the hold. It should have been called.[/QUOTE]heh, that's what those dudes in the NFL thread must be thinking. "Look at Crabtree with the push off" (can't do them smileys on moblile cag so insert the one with the dunce hat here).

That makes no sense ocho tres. Crabs was held and was trying to get away. Is he supposed to break free from that with his arms down and by his sides?

I saw your previous post on it munch. I know how you feel about the play.
[quote name='pitfallharry219']People can blame that no-call, but just as much at fault are the 49ers first half defense, timeout mismanagement, and bad playcalling at the end.[/QUOTE]The no call was part of the reason they lost. Of course there were many mistakes but still, call the holding. Also it's only bad playcalling if it didn't work.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']People can blame that no-call, but just as much at fault are the 49ers first half defense, timeout mismanagement, and bad playcalling at the end.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Kpaernick (sp?) was way too nervous and unsure during the first half. Took too long to throw, and made poor decisions about who to throw to.
Then in the red zone in the 4th quarter it seemed like he ignored guys closer in who were open.

Should that holding have been called? Eh, possibly. Would it really have made a difference? Not likely.

It was a really good game (in the second half). I'm glad I stuck with it. The commercails were pretty lackluster, however. Nothing stands out the next day.

The performances were good. Jennifer Hudson and Destiny's Child were looking hella fine. Alicia Keys needs to stop with that short hair stuff. Only Halle Berry could make that look good.

[quote name='DT778']That makes no sense ocho tres. Crabs was held and was trying to get away. Is he supposed to break free from that with his arms down and by his sides?[/QUOTE]

No, of course not, but unless he's being tackled, bound and gagged and robbed at gunpoint, no referee is going to call anything in that situation. It doesn't make it right, but would you consider what happened there 'letting them play'? It's like holding the ball for the last shot of a basketball game, and you're down by 1. You better make that shot, because the refs are putting thier whistles away.

[quote name='DT778']The performances were good. Jennifer Hudson and Destiny's Child were looking hella fine. Alicia Keys needs to stop with that short hair stuff. Only Halle Berry could make that look good.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! :drool:

Earlier in the day I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if Destiny's Child came out. Wonder if this means a reunion tour (if it hasn't been announced already) is gearing up.

[quote name='Number83']No, of course not, but unless he's being tackled, bound and gagged and robbed at gunpoint, no referee is going to call anything in that situation. It doesn't make it right, but would you consider what happened there 'letting them play'? It's like holding the ball for the last shot of a basketball game, and you're down by 1. You better make that shot, because the refs are putting thier whistles away.

Agreed! :drool:

Earlier in the day I was thinking wouldn't it be cool if Destiny's Child came out. Wonder if this means a reunion tour (if it hasn't been announced already) is gearing up.[/QUOTE]Basketball has the worst officiating in all of sports. Can't compare it. Wasn't letting them play since Crab didn't get a chance to play.

Wasn't even borderline. Any more holding and that DB would have looked like he was "blocking" on the intentional safety play.

gifs of both those plays here.
http://deadspin.com/5981330/jim-har...e-49ers-last-play-and-he-may-have-had-a-point

Also 83. Was it you that bought those website for possible names for a mall being built near you in the hopes of cashing in? And if so how did that work out? I think that disgusting godaddy commercial made me remember this.

Didn't even bother trying to watch the game. I turned on the tv and saw that the power went out and i was like fuck this. I'm not sitting here like an idiot waiting for the power to come back. Did tune in at the last minute. Won $40 and a pizza. First time betting too.

[quote name='DT778']Also 83. Was it you that bought those website for possible names for a mall being built near you in the hopes of cashing in? And if so how did that work out? I think that disgusting godaddy commercial made me remember this.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Yes, that was me. Good memory.

I took it to the township board to work out a deal to transfer the name, but they were not interested. So I let it lapse.

Today, the mall is half filled, with only a Target, Lowes, Giant Supermarket and a Staples. The rest of the stores are still empty. Local tax dollars hard at work!

The plan did not end well.

[quote name='DT778']Basketball has the worst officiating in all of sports. Can't compare it. Wasn't letting them play since Crab didn't get a chance to play.

Wasn't even borderline. Any more holding and that DB would have looked like he was "blocking" on the intentional safety play.

gifs of both those plays here.
http://deadspin.com/5981330/jim-har...e-49ers-last-play-and-he-may-have-had-a-point[/QUOTE]

Well, damn...upon further review I stand corrected. He has a hand full of jersey under the arm. Did they show this angle last night?

Makes me wonder if Crabtrees hand on the helmet of Smith played into the refs decision not to throw the flag. Not that he could see that, kind of a bad angle of that goal line judge.

[quote name='crystalklear64']holy shit.
caramba.gif
[/QUOTE]
Amazing.

The more I think about it, I think Budge was really on to something with his blue-city/red-state theory. I know that's when I was happiest.

Munch- Do you get four full seasons in Austin or is it more like three?

[quote name='munch']Come to Texas, Temp. We've got guns. Lot's of 'em.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but a lot of religion too. I could do Austin though. Still, too far from the family. Not sure I could handle the heat either.

It's not just about guns either. I'm sick of being taxed to death. $4000 in property taxes for property that takes me less than half an hour to mow and that includes the time it takes for me to drag my electic lawn-mower out. I claim 0 on my W2 and yet I still OWE the state every single year.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, but a lot of religion too. I could do Austin though. Still, too far from the family. Not sure I could handle the heat either.

It's not just about guns either. I'm sick of being taxed to death. $4000 in property taxes for property that takes me less than half an hour to mow and that includes the time it takes for me to drag my electic lawn-mower out. I claim 0 on my W2 and yet I still OWE the state every single year.[/QUOTE]

Delaware is where it's at.

According to the Simpsons, we have a screen door factory. But I've never seen it.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, but a lot of religion too. I could do Austin though. Still, too far from the family. Not sure I could handle the heat either.

It's not just about guns either. I'm sick of being taxed to death. $4000 in property taxes for property that takes me less than half an hour to mow and that includes the time it takes for me to drag my electic lawn-mower out. I claim 0 on my W2 and yet I still OWE the state every single year.[/QUOTE]

I pay income tax to Oregon and sales tax to Washington. I usually get a refund back on the Oregon income tax though. Property tax is nothing I notice, at least.

Will work on paying the taxes maybe this Friday or next weekend. It's usually $ back. I probably have too much taken out over the year.

Yeah, Texas has no state income tax, but I've hear that the property tax is pretty insane. Austin is a great place, I think. I wish I could get a job and raise my kids in Austin.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.
___

San Antonio is the place to be in Texas.[/QUOTE]

You've never been to San Antonio.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Delaware is where it's at.

According to the Simpsons, we have a screen door factory. But I've never seen it.[/QUOTE]

Meh. If I'm going to stick around the area, I'd rather just move to PA (and I will be!)

[quote name='eldergamer']I pay income tax to Oregon and sales tax to Washington. I usually get a refund back on the Oregon income tax though. Property tax is nothing I notice, at least.

Will work on paying the taxes maybe this Friday or next weekend. It's usually $ back. I probably have too much taken out over the year.[/QUOTE]

I pay income tax, sales tax, ridiculous property taxes, the highest gas tax in the nation...it's a good thing I don't smoke at $10 a pack. Did I mention $4000 a year on a 4000 sqft lot? FFFFFFFFFFFFF that. That even includes my start exemption.

[quote name='munch']Yeah, Texas has no state income tax, but I've hear that the property tax is pretty insane. Austin is a great place, I think. I wish I could get a job and raise my kids in Austin.

You've never been to San Antonio.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've heard a lot of great things about Austin. Living in a desert climate would be interesting. I've never actually left the east coast though so I don't know if I would take to it or not.

[quote name='munch']Yeah, Texas has no state income tax, but I've hear that the property tax is pretty insane. Austin is a great place, I think. I wish I could get a job and raise my kids in Austin.

You've never been to San Antonio.[/QUOTE]

I've passed through once...the Riverwalk was cool.

[quote name='Number83']I've passed through once...the Riverwalk was cool.[/QUOTE]

Were you on the lamb with SR 71 plans hidden in an Atari 5200 cartridge?

-Sorry, the San Antonio Riverwalk always makes me think about that movie.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Were you on the lamb with SR 71 plans hidden in an Atari 5200 cartridge?

-Sorry, the San Antonio Riverwalk always makes me think about that movie.[/QUOTE]

Was that Cloak and Dagger with Dabney Coleman?

[quote name='Maklershed']Uncharted Golden Abyss and Killzone Mercenary makes me want a Vita. Price and proprietary memory makes me not want one.[/QUOTE]

The hardware is great, the software leaves something to be desired. Why Sony isn't pumping out the classics as we wait for new games is beyond me. You would think someone would have gotten their head out of their ass over there and made people start making shit happen. The whole PSP lineup should be backwards compatible by now, and ps1 and ps2 games should be showing up in droves.

I don't regret getting one, but I do wish I had more of a reason to pick it up and play it.

[quote name='Brak']Do you play it on the commode, Casey Masterpiece?[/QUOTE]

I usually read Rolling Stone. Every once and a while I do, but I usually play it more in bread while watching TV.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I've never seen that...but now I need to. Netflix?[/QUOTE]
It's not that good, just waxing nostalgic about kids movie with video games.

The plot summaries on IMDB are better than I remember the movie being.

It is about the caliber of a Disney tween espionage movie with Atari product placement.

[quote name='Maklershed']I wonder if the laugh track box is smoking after a half hour of the Tosh.O show or _Tyler Perry Sitcom__ ?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how that Tosh.0 show stays on the air. I remember seeing his stand up when I was much younger and thinking it was okay to pretty good, but that show is pretty fucking terrible.

I never got why people play games/phones/tablets while they're dropping the kids off at the pool. Isnt a magazine or newspaper not enough?

[quote name='TheRock88']I never got why people play games/phones/tablets while they're dropping the kids off at the pool. Isnt a magazine or newspaper not enough?[/QUOTE]

Why choose one over the other? Variety is the spice of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back