I remember when Romney was mocked by Obama for taking Putin seriously...

Wait, so the Encyclopedia Britannica is wrong now also? Awesome!!! I am going to adopt your argument style from now on. Unflappable even in the face of written fact..... :wall:
According to your "logic," I'm surprised that you even bothered to look in an encyclopedia. If all we need to learn is an encyclopedia, why the fuck do we need to go to school? Why do we need textbooks? Why bother having ANYTHING more in-depth than the simplest of references? Are the Jewish a race? Can Latinos have white skin and red hair? Are they considered white? Are dark skinned Italians from Italy white? Are there white people that look Asian? Are there black people that look Latino? How can you define racism without defining race?

As far as your policy question, racism is indeed DEFINED by intent. Does the person believe that a race is inferior or superior due to their genetic make up? Refer to the entries above if you still fail to grasp this basic concept. Any policy that does not apply to ALL people is wrong. On the other hand, no group should be given special permissions for atrocities committed against their ancestors. We are all part of society and should be held to the same rules and laws.
Hmmm...someone that can't understand race beyond the Paper Bag Test is trying to lecture me on "grasp(ing) this basic concept" of race, when it's anything BUT simple.

I guess all those people that benefited from centuries of white supremacy and their genetic look-a-likes with the same tan are all good because after 1964, we're ALL "equal," right? Suddenly, black folks were able to get all those great jobs and loans to own homes and start businesses. No education or skills? NO PROBLEM. We're all just singing cumbaya and we're going to get those people educated and subsidize it because they were completely barred from it before. Everyone and every institution suddenly became non-racist overnight. All those racist politicians that got elected by promoting racsim? Booted out of office. Yup. All that TOTALLY happened.

When I first made it was directed to you and was not considered racist. Only now that you point it out, can I say that maybe if you look from your point of view. From mine, it is still personal and directed towards an individual.

Now that I explained my point, will you defend your claim?
All I see is a lot of back-peddling. If you were smart, you should've just stopped trying to troll me and let it go, but you just can't seem to stop yourself from sticking your head up your ass with your foot in your mouth.

You enlisted imagery with heavy racial undertones to use as a personal attack. Are you going to call me a f*ggot and say that it's another word for meatballs in gravy? So yes, I stand by my statement and say that you sure as hell sound like how a racist asshole would sound. You set up a pattern, recognize that you use racially loaded terms, and like to use them in personal attacks. If your attack didn't have any negative connotations, then it wouldn't be an attack now would it?

If you're too butthurt and need to Q_Q, you can go ask your black and Latino friends about how racist you aren't. Personally, I think a little self-reflection would do you more good.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I see is a lot of back-peddling. If you were smart, you should've just stopped trying to troll me and let it go, but you just can't seem to stop yourself from sticking your head up your ass with your foot in your mouth.

You enlisted imagery with heavy racial undertones to use as a personal attack. Are you going to call me a f*ggot and say that it's another word for meatballs in gravy? So yes, I stand by my statement and say that you sure as hell sound like how a racist asshole would sound. You set up a pattern, recognize that you use racially loaded terms, and like to use them in personal attacks. If your attack didn't have any negative connotations, then it wouldn't be an attack now would it?

If you're too butthurt and need to Q_Q, you can go ask your black and Latino friends about how racist you aren't. Personally, I think a little self-reflection would do you more good.
So you are still unable to provide any concrete evidence that I am a racist? For example lets talk about the links you posted. there were quite a few. Can you at least explain the first 3? Or lets say can you bring anything up before that foodstamps comment? After all you have been calling me a racist as far as I remember.

By the way, I noticed liberals on these forums seem to bring race into the conversation far more often than the right wingers. It is "unusual".

By the way, I noticed liberals on these forums seem to bring race into the conversation far more often than the right wingers. It is "unusual".
No, the "right-wingers" bring race in all the time, it's just done in double-secret club-handshake dog whistle talk with a wink and a nudge.

For example: "I don't like Obama's politics." means ">insert racist rant here<"

So you are still unable to provide any concrete evidence that I am a racist? For example lets talk about the links you posted. there were quite a few. Can you at least explain the first 3? Or lets say can you bring anything up before that foodstamps comment? After all you have been calling me a racist as far as I remember.
Explain? Again? I think not...

If you want explanations for why they're racist, you can read my replies to those posts.

Happy reading!

inb4 "tl;dr," "eye kant reed," "I don't hate black people," "I have black friends," and "go look for more of my posts."

If race didn't matter, most of the racist bullshit on the Trayvon Martin thread wouldn't have shown up in that thread from "conservatives." If race didn't matter, I wouldn't have been called an angry black man, guilty white liberal, or self-hating white. If race didn't matter, then all that racist shit from the conservatives in the 2008 election never happened. If race didn't matter, you wouldn't have made personal attacks against me using food stamps and medicaid while knowing that it's racially coded and loaded language, which YOU acknowledge. So no, I don't have to explain jack shit when you already know what you were saying and why you said it. Keep playing dumb though. It's cute.

Yep, DohDough is a typical guilty white liberal probably who never looks at both sides. He thinks it is still the 1940s and he also apparently doesn't realize the Democrats started the KKK.

"PLAY THE RACE CARD GUYS, I AM LOSING THIS ARGUMENT!!!"
LOLZ...you are certainly the gift that keeps on giving. The way you argue against yourself in that one sentence is quite awe inspiring.

How about this: It's no longer the 1800's so even if the people that founded the KKK were democrats, you wouldn't see any KKK members as a modern day democrat; they'd belong to a conservative party.

LOLZ...you are certainly the gift that keeps on giving. The way you argue against yourself in that one sentence is quite awe inspiring.

How about this: It's no longer the 1800's so even if the people that founded the KKK were democrats, you wouldn't see any KKK members as a modern day democrat; they'd belong to a conservative party.
LOL thank you so much for proving your ignorance. Even in the 1900s Democrats were championing the KKK and running on it as AN ACTUAL platform. Senator Robert Byrd, a prominent Democrat for years who died not too long ago was a huge KKK supporter. When it fell out of favor he pretended to renounce it but it is clear the liberals are the biggest racists.

Btw everyone Dohdough basically admitted he is a huge racist, anybody who had to constantly accuse others of being a racist like Doughboy are hiding their own insecurities and fears of being outed as a racist.

If race didn't matter, most of the racist bullshit on the Trayvon Martin thread wouldn't have shown up in that thread from "conservatives." If race didn't matter, I wouldn't have been called an angry black man, guilty white liberal, or self-hating white. If race didn't matter, then all that racist shit from the conservatives in the 2008 election never happened. If race didn't matter, you wouldn't have made personal attacks against me using food stamps and medicaid while knowing that it's racially coded and loaded language, which YOU acknowledge. So no, I don't have to explain jack shit when you already know what you were saying and why you said it. Keep playing dumb though. It's cute.
If race didn't matter we would actually elect a President who was qualified regardless of skin color and not because they were purely black with history of inexperience as a Senator and community organizer.

"Racially coded" LOL uh oh Chris Matthews strikes again.

LOL thank you so much for proving your ignorance. Even in the 1900s Democrats were championing the KKK and running on it as AN ACTUAL platform. Senator Robert Byrd, a prominent Democrat for years who died not too long ago was a huge KKK supporter. When it fell out of favor he pretended to renounce it but it is clear the liberals are the biggest racists.

Btw everyone Dohdough basically admitted he is a huge racist, anybody who had to constantly accuse others of being a racist like Doughboy are hiding their own insecurities and fears of being outed as a racist.
The Democratic Party of that time was considered the conservative party, not the liberal one. That changed in the 1960's with something called the Civil Rights Act. Something that northern politicians supported regardless of party affiliation and that southern politicians vehemently opposed regardless of party affiliation.

I guess Strom Thurmond would've been a poor example for you considering he was a Democrat that went Republican.

If race didn't matter we would actually elect a President who was qualified regardless of skin color and not because they were purely black with history of inexperience as a Senator and community organizer.

"Racially coded" LOL uh oh Chris Matthews strikes again.
Taking an Ivy League education to help those less fortunate is such a terrible thing to do, I know...

Well you see, this is where the disconnect lies. You haven't explained it. I went back to those threads you have linked. There is no explanation. Why do you think I keep asking you?

No one ever said that race does not matter. I just try to look at the individual and his faults instead of his race.

There was no personal attack on you in regards to medicaid, at least as far as I recall. When it comes to foodstamps, you are the one who is making it a racial issue, again. The only thing I acknowledged was that it could be considered racist, by you as you have already done so. Remember that of all the recipients of food stamps, blacks only amount to 29-31%. Whites and other-non Hispanics do take a large piece of the pie as well.

Now, will you actually explain why I am such a racist or continue to hide behind the petty lies and insults? Before you say that you already explained it before, please re-read the first line. Thanks!

Wow, it's amazing how many bullet points were hit on on just this page alone:

fRma4GJ.jpg

You can have racism without intent. Duke Power vs griggs. Disparate impact.
So if a privately owned company requires a high school diploma to be hired as management, you think they are racist and the gov't should have the power to force them to change their hiring practices even though the rule applied to all races? My dept is now requiring a college degree to be promoted to captain. Is that a racist policy? The math portion of the police officer's test that was deemed racist because very few blacks and Hispanics passed it needed to be changed in your opinion? If I can not set the standards for employees in my privately owned company, as long as they are equally applied, then we are truly not living in a free country. I know that Myke will dismiss this as "herp a derp" or whatever he says when he doesn't want to respond with an actual answer. How about you, Msutt?

Wow, it's amazing how many bullet points were hit on on just this page alone:

fRma4GJ.jpg
The sad part is liberals treat Benghazi as a joke because it makes him look like an even bigger incompetent fool than he already is. If that happened to anyone else Republican OR Democrat, they would be forced to resign. The media treat him with kid gloves because he is black and that is true racism. They are looking the other way because they don't want to offend black people rather than trying to do their actual job of being a watchdog and holding him accountable. Really it should just insult Obama's intelligence because they basically feel he can never do a good job but that it is okay because you are the first black president.

It is just a form of affirmative action on a grander scale.

"Well you aren't REALLY qualified for the position, but we needed black people so..."

Yeah that should make anyone feel great...

"try to defend" is an understatement and certainly a accurate way to describe it but do carry on.

I don't think this warrants a new thread but is important nonetheless. 

Congress and Senate Approve $1 Billion Aid to Ukraine.

Personally this is something I am completely against. We are in debt, we have our own problems and people who are in need. People like Rand Paul, Justin Amash and Alan Grayson (One of the few democrats I actually admire) voted against the aid package. Notable Tea Party Republicans Ted Cruz and Mike Lee voted in favor. I am a big fan of these senators but this seems one of those issues where libertarians and Tea Party republicans differ in opinion. 

I was hoping to hear from the fellows on the left and their reaction to the passing of this aid package. 

I don't think this warrants a new thread but is important nonetheless.

Congress and Senate Approve $1 Billion Aid to Ukraine.

Personally this is something I am completely against. We are in debt, we have our own problems and people who are in need. People like Rand Paul, Justin Amash and Alan Grayson (One of the few democrats I actually admire) voted against the aid package. Notable Tea Party Republicans Ted Cruz and Mike Lee voted in favor. I am a big fan of these senators but this seems one of those issues where libertarians and Tea Party republicans differ in opinion.

I was hoping to hear from the fellows on the left and their reaction to the passing of this aid package.
I am starting to think the left is ok with sending money to other nations even when the people here suffer.

I think the left , and most of the right these days, just think that deficits and debt are not that important. More trillions of "other people's money" will always be available in the minds of politicians.

Well we could, you know, not do anything about it. We could do this weird thing called being a non-interventionist, and save lives and money. Oh wait, we can't do that! Sorry. I'll go back to supporting whatever (R) or (D) the TV and "informed" people tell me to vote for. I mean, the (R) and (D) system has worked so great since 1913. Everything is fantastic. Have one set of politics, blame the other guy. That's how it works. This forum alone does a fantastic job of just bashing people for their political beliefs. 

We live in a world where someone can be against our current president, then they are told they are racist. That person who called the other person racist because he doesn't believe and support the president, then goes on to call someone like Chris Christie fat (or some variation of fat jokes)...and then will be up in arms when the next "BULLYING" story occurs.

It's kind of fun to be checked out and watch the informed people argue with each other. 

Wow, some serious divide and conquer going on here. Look over there, welfare fraud! Look over there, racism! You're lazy! You're racist!
And on it goes...

Also, the thing driven high rates of welfare is the destruction of the black family. It's also driving several other issues such as poverty and crime.

I know I'm necroing this thread, but I thought I'd update you all on how Putin's Crimean invasion worked out for him:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/putin-snarls-obama-gets-the-last-laugh

Seven months after Ukraine’s former president Viktor F. Yanukovych rejected a sweeping trade deal with the European Union and set off protests that drove him from power, Ukraine’s new leader on Friday concluded the pact, which Russia has bitterly opposed as a threat to its own economic and strategic interests in the former Soviet Union. […]

The accord with the European Union fulfills an election promise by Mr. Poroshenko to move Ukraine closer to Europe, reversing a course set by Mr. Yanukovych before his ouster.
Putin’s quite the grand master chess player. It takes a rare talent to push potential allies away, while tarnishing your country’s reputation on the global stage and pushing your economy into a recession.

As Thomas Friedman recently put it, “Let’s add it up: Putin’s seizure of Crimea has weakened the Russian economy, led to China getting a bargain gas deal, revived NATO, spurred Europe to start ending its addiction to Russian gas and begun a debate across Europe about increasing defense spending. Nice work, Vladimir. That’s why I say the country Putin threatens most today is Russia.”

So while the right was cheerleading Putin and poking fun at Obama's mom jeans, Putin's actions led to Russia's economy being weakened, lost Ukraine as an ally for the remainder of our lifetimes, and China got a good deal on gas, all the while we didn't put a single troop in the line of fire.

There's a a difference between being a strong leader and being a bully. Putin chose the latter and paid the price, while Obama came away smelling like a rose.

I wonder what spin the conservative echo chamber will put on this stoyr, if they even cover it at all.

End all foreign aid, bring every US soldier home, and do everything in our power to tap into our own oil and natural gas reserves to make us energy independent as soon as possible. fuck a few spotted owls if it means we can stop wasting time, money, and human lives in the Middle East. I would sacrifice my weekly paddle boarding sessions in the bay if it meant we balanced our budget and stopped destabilizing foreign sovereign nations.;-)

End all foreign aid, bring every US soldier home, and do everything in our power to tap into our own oil and natural gas reserves to make us energy independent as soon as possible. fuck a few spotted owls if it means we can stop wasting time, money, and human lives in the Middle East. I would sacrifice my weekly paddle boarding sessions in the bay if it meant we balanced our budget and stopped destabilizing foreign sovereign nations.;-)
So basically, you want us to go back to almost complete and total isolationism. Look, I'm all for scaling back our military presence and spending, it's gotten ridiculous. You have to understand though that there's a balance to be struck. A complete callback of troops would essentially put us at preWW1 isolationism, and that worked well... Furthermore, that level of military scale back would have some nasty side effects such as unemployment. You would suddenly be adding thousands, likely hundreds of thousands even, back into the workforce because the government certainly wouldn't need to keep a standing army that large without any bases outside the US.

Did I just read a RvB post saying we can't downsize the military too much because of unemployment and saying that the US has a duty to be the World Police? What a wacky world we live in.

Temporary unemployment versus the economic savings and hopeful relief from terrorist blow back would be worth it. We could take some of our saved money and rebuild infrastructure and promote industrial manufacturing in the US again. Plus I would feel better that my tax money wasn't being used to force our ways onto foreign people. Make other countries responsible for themselves. Would France and England rebuild their own militaries instead of everyone relying on us? We are the global bullies. End all foreign aid until we have a budget surplus again, especially to countries that treat women as second class citizens. Let our money speak for us and what we believe in.

bread's done
Back