I think I just made my purchase of the year yesterday

Visc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
I was back in my old town for a family visit 2 weeks ago, and I noticed a local store in my town had relocated to right next to my favorite music store, so on a whim I checked it out. Turns out its the basic equivalent to a tag sale in a store open 7 days a week. I asked if they had any video game related materials, and was told they didn't but weren't sure where they were, but would have them the next time I came in. Yesterday, I'm back in town and I pop in, and low and behold they told me they had them in stock. Turns out they had a small stack of SNES carts for sale. I took a look at the first game put down and just about had my eyes fall out of their sockets. When I asked how much they wanted, they gave me the offer of $10 for all of them, so naturally I accepted. Happily, I ended up with the following games, in no particular order:
dcp_5229.jpg

Chrono Trigger
**Name witheld because someone who reads here is getting it for their birthday - if you want to know though, ask)**
Shadowrun
Final Fantasy II
Secret of Mana
Sim Ant
NBA Jam T.E.

I don't think I'll be topping a purchase like this for all of 2008.

[quote name='Josef']Awesome score!

Do not tell me Earthbound is the hidden game, as I think my brain will explode.[/quote]

Pfft, I wish. Still though, the hidden one is a good one nonetheless.

[quote name='Josef']Awesome score!

Do not tell me Earthbound is the hidden game, as I think my brain will explode.[/quote]

I would die if it's Earthbound! What a great deal on those games :applause:

[quote name='Samus']Awesome score! You should have haggled them down to $5 though. XD[/quote]

If I did that I don't think they would have agreed to call me when any more games come in ;)

[quote name='Visc']If I did that I don't think they would have agreed to call me when any more games come in ;)[/quote]

Very true.

DUDE!!! nice haul....but as i learned last year there is always a better haul out there somewhere. If you have your eyes in the right place you can find stores with awsome treasures. I had 3 or 4 similar hauls last year. never say purchase of the year untill the year is over, lol.

some hauls i got last year:
H1: FFVII, FF anthology, and FFT(when it was still going for $40 on Ebay) for $5 apiece
H2: Valkyrie Profile, Suikonden II, Breath of fire 3, Threads of fate, and more for $4 apiece
H2: Secret of Mana, Xenogears, Saga Frontier, and on other rare i cant remember the name of. for $20
H3: Liberty or Death, Super Mario RPG Mint and Complete. for $12

Plus several Garage sales with tons of copies of Castlevania:SOTN, Silent Hill, Diablo, FFVII, and more.
but then I look for games every saturday from about 8 to 12.

Never say best.... lol.

[quote name='addicted2games']Tell us the hidden game after you give it as a birthday present. I say FF3.[/quote]

Once its received, sure. But for now, I'll say its not that either.

Mario RPG is the hidden game. You can tell by the certain design on the top upper right hand corner of the label on the back of the cartridge. I Win :D

[quote name='pimpinc333']Mario RPG is the hidden game. You can tell by the certain design on the top upper right hand corner of the label on the back of the cartridge. I Win :D[/quote]

EPIC. FAILURE.

...That was last month's $5 acquisition...

[quote name='Visc']EPIC. FAILURE.

...That was last month's $5 acquisition...[/QUOTE]

Yea I was just fucking around and making shit up in all hopes I could be right. If it's none of the games other people mentioned then it must not be that great ;)

[quote name='endlessPRO']its zelda . metriod , mega man , star fox , tactics ogre or something.[/quote]

You mean Ogre Battle. That game was Sick! :bow:

BTW, Nice haul OP. Make sure you let us know which game it is.

nice visc.. those are well maintained games (as most RPGS usually are) great score..

NBA Jam TE was great.. i still find time to play it to this day.. i don't think there is an "end".. you just play against teams with one "special" character on there.. i have like almost 300 wins.

[quote name='Visc']wrong.

Wait, that was a good game?[/QUOTE]

ZAMN was a great game!

My guess for the hidden game: Soul Blazer.

[quote name='Josef']ZAMN was a great game!

My guess for the hidden game: Soul Blazer.[/quote]

Well I never got an SNES til about 12 years after it came out, so I'm still in the dark on a few games.

Oh, and no.

[quote name='Visc']Pfft, I wish. Still though, the hidden one is a good one nonetheless.[/quote]

I was going to say Shaq Fu, but it's pretty obvious what it is by this comment from Visc:

"Once its received, sure. But for now, I'll say its not that either."

FF3!!!

[quote name='karkyco']I was going to say Shaq Fu, but it's pretty obvious what it is by this comment from Visc:

"Once its received, sure. But for now, I'll say its not that either."

FF3!!![/quote]

Fraid not.

that's really awesome. i'm partially jealous. i almost forgot about nba jam. you didn't have secret of mana? i got that as a present, back in the day (which, consequently, was a wednesday), by accident and ended up liking it.

[quote name='Visc']Fraid not.[/quote]

Gah!!! When's the birthday?!? We're all dying to know, you've piqued our interest!!!

I know it's Mario is Missing, just admit it why don't you?!?

[quote name='karkyco']Gah!!! When's the birthday?!? We're all dying to know, you've piqued our interest!!!

I know it's Mario is Missing, just admit it why don't you?!?[/quote]

It just got sent out in the mail today - the birthday is Wednesday (it may be a day late), but its not that game either.

[quote name='Samus']Contra III, I'm certain.

Or Dr Mario & Tetris.[/quote]

You are certain; Certainly wrong.

bread's done
Back