I was waiting for a new OTT to wish JohnnyFoxDarko a happy birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='h3llbring3r']I look forward to seeing some non-gushing FB on ME2. I still need to finish ME.
[/QUOTE]

Was there an actual "Cover" system in play in ME? I just played the last fight again but there's no real cover in that, so it's hard to say... regardless, I can say the combat has changed for the better... but can see people getting pissed off that they're playing gears of uncharted effect 2 instead of ME2 -- it's mostly well done, and it works... but at the same time, it feels like a drastic change over ME.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't think you can do this yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, I had the site bookmarked at work, but since they had to give me a new laptop, I lost it.

------------

I got to the end of DR but couldn't finish it...or maybe I could but I think I have to let the 360 run for a couple hours. I made the fatal mistake of saving the game back at the security offices, while I found out later that I had to go back for Isabella...now the mall is packed with SWAT like dudes and there's no way I can make it to Isabella and back in time.

[quote name='Brak']You didn't select pre-order shipping.

I didn't either, because the option wasn't given to me, as I had something else in my cart. I wasn't aware that it needed to be selected until after I placed the order.

Thanks, Amazon![/QUOTE]

darth_vader_noooo1.jpg

Oh, well...It will give me a chance to get caught up on Mass Effect 1.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Was there an actual "Cover" system in play in ME? I just played the last fight again but there's no real cover in that, so it's hard to say... regardless, I can say the combat has changed for the better... but can see people getting pissed off that they're playing gears of uncharted effect 2 instead of ME2 -- it's mostly well done, and it works... but at the same time, it feels like a drastic change over ME.[/QUOTE]

No, crouch behind stuff but no sticking to cover as I recall- I just don't want to have to micromanage my party so much mid-combat that (and the disk read error + DEAD SPACE) is what stopped me from playing any further last time. Having the wrong party for combat on one mission made me mad as hell as well.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']No, crouch behind stuff but no sticking to cover as I recall- I just don't want to have to micromanage my party so much mid-combat that (and the disk read error + DEAD SPACE) is what stopped me from playing any further last time. Having the wrong party for combat on one mission made me mad as hell as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that still happens. I was getting stuck on a mission because I had the wrong people... luckily the game has a "restart last attempted mission" option in the load menu. Though the way the game handles saving is fucking retarded. But that's another story entirely.

Definitely a Gears of War style influence to the combat now -- hold a to run to cover, press a to stick to cover, press forward+a to vault cover... and the guns actually have clips/ammo count now -- you can't just use the same gun forever if you let it cool down. If you play Shepard as a solider, they push the adrenaline rush ability, which is basically like a slow down bullet time aiming thing too... it's weird... good, but weird.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Was there an actual "Cover" system in play in ME? I just played the last fight again but there's no real cover in that, so it's hard to say... regardless, I can say the combat has changed for the better... but can see people getting pissed off that they're playing gears of uncharted effect 2 instead of ME2 -- it's mostly well done, and it works... but at the same time, it feels like a drastic change over ME.[/QUOTE]

The real problem to me is that they dumbed down the RPG elements wayyyyyy too much. I mean Mass Effect didn't even have a lot of real RPG elements and they got rid of most of them in ME2. It is more a very story oriented shooter, which isn't bad in the least, but I am slightly disappointed. They also completely took down the all the exploration elements of the game. Once missions are complete on a planet you are automatically taken back to the Normandy. Also after you go out somewhere on a quest it usually automatically takes you back to quest giver once you accomplish your goal.

They also added way to many OH SHIT moments into it, much like MW2 did. They are cool at first, but eventually it loses the shock when we see people getting shot randomly all the time and such.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did you get in on all that free DLC from 2 nights ago #83?[/QUOTE]

Double:

darth_vader_noooo1.jpg

I'm hoping it comes with the Collectors Ed.

[quote name='Number83']Double:

darth_vader_noooo1.jpg

I'm hoping it comes with the Collectors Ed.[/QUOTE]

Some of it will...some of it will release later, and the GS exclusives...who knows.

[quote name='seanr1221']I really like MAG so far.[/QUOTE]

The beta was shit, is the retail game any different?

Dead Rising was fantastic, it took me a while but I finally got the true ending. I can't wait for DR2.

[quote name='darthbudge']The real problem to me is that they dumbed down the RPG elements wayyyyyy too much. I mean Mass Effect didn't even have a lot of real RPG elements and they got rid of most of them in ME2. It is more a very story oriented shooter, which isn't bad in the least, but I am slightly disappointed. They also completely took down the all the exploration elements of the game. Once missions are complete on a planet you are automatically taken back to the Normandy. Also after you go out somewhere on a quest it usually automatically takes you back to quest giver once you accomplish your goal.

They also added way to many OH SHIT moments into it, much like MW2 did. They are cool at first, but eventually it loses the shock when we see people getting shot randomly all the time and such.[/QUOTE]

The new dependency of scanning fucking planets with probes to get minerals for upgrades is insanely boring, repetitive, and frustrating, to say the least.

And you're right -- though I think the story in ME1 is much better than the story in ME2.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a list out there of what they changed. I got into games insantly with no lag. Everyone was using team work which was really nice.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Capcom x Microsoft thing was this:

lost-planet-2-20100126005903383-000.jpg

lost-planet-2-20100126005852853-000.jpg

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063569p1.html

No one knows what it means yet though...playable MP characters?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trakan']Capcom X Microsoft thing was Monster Hunter online for 360, stupid.[/QUOTE]

I'm confiused. So Monster Hunter for the 360 was the actual announcement? I thought Nintendo owned that franchise?

I have no idea Mak...I just assumed it was since it was all over the web this morning. I don't follow Monster Hunter so I didn't see any announcements on that.

[quote name='Brak']Hahaha... I called him a schoolboy.[/QUOTE]

I said freaking.

[quote name='munch']

The more I think about IB, the more I love it. I can't wait to watch it again.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I had this same experience with IB that I did with No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood. When I finished watching it I was thinking "well that was good, but not great" and then about a week afterwards the thoughts of the movie just germinated in my mind and it finally hit me how great it is and how bad I wanna see it again.

Yeah, when I saw IB my friend said it was Tarantino's best movie and I said he was crazy for thinking it's better than Kill Bill (as a whole). But now that I've seen it again I feel like it may well be his best.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm confiused. So Monster Hunter for the 360 was the actual announcement? I thought Nintendo owned that franchise?[/QUOTE]
Capcom owns it. How else would there have been PS2 and PSP iterations?

Because I thought they just bought the rights to it about a year ago. Honestly I dont give a shit. I won't be playing it for any system. If it were a brand new game and it was on the 360 or PS3 I might be interested but meh.

SeanR, buy me a ticket to fly up to hang out with you and becuzimbrown in early March so I can see Muse and Silversun Pickups at the Wachovia Center.

I hope Microsoft gets back to me before I get my new 360, so I can transfer content. Stupid refurb return and I've used my license transfer for the year. Stupid morons at an Ohio Best Buy. Wonder what happens when I try to exchange at my local Best Buy. I imagine chaos, even though a manager knows what's going on with all of this.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I hope Microsoft gets back to me before I get my new 360, so I can transfer content. Stupid refurb return and I've used my license transfer for the year. Stupid morons at an Ohio Best Buy. Wonder what happens when I try to exchange at my local Best Buy. I imagine chaos, even though a manager knows what's going on with all of this.[/QUOTE]

So your BB repackaged a refurbed 360 to look like a brand new one?

[quote name='craven_fiend']I hope Microsoft gets back to me before I get my new 360, so I can transfer content. Stupid refurb return and I've used my license transfer for the year. Stupid morons at an Ohio Best Buy. Wonder what happens when I try to exchange at my local Best Buy. I imagine chaos, even though a manager knows what's going on with all of this.[/QUOTE]

what?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']what?[/QUOTE]

What Mak said.

[quote name='Maklershed']So your BB repackaged a refurbed 360 to look like a brand new one?[/QUOTE]

It appears that way. I was going through a pile of papers last night and found a note from MS apologizing for repairs and showing how to reconnect the controller to the system. So I notified my dad, who lives/bought in Ohio. Everything was like new when I got box, but they had "Geeked" it so I thought nothing of it at Christmas time. Fast forward to last night, I let my dad know. And after a half hour or so on the phone with Corporate, I'm going to be able to go to my Best Buy, Indiana, and swap out the console for a new one. I figured they would give him a GC or something.

Now I have to hope I can transfer my content to the new one when I switch it out this week. Already started by contacting MS. Stupid license transfer shit.

[quote name='craven_fiend']What Mak said.

It appears that way. I was going through a pile of papers last night and found a note from MS apologizing for repairs and showing how to reconnect the controller to the system. So I notified my dad, who lives/bought in Ohio. Everything was like new when I got box, but they had "Geeked" it so I thought nothing of it at Christmas time. Fast forward to last night, I let my dad know. And after a half hour or so on the phone with Corporate, I'm going to be able to go to my Best Buy, Indiana, and swap out the console for a new one. I figured they would give him a GC or something.

Now I have to hope I can transfer my content to the new one when I switch it out this week. Already started by contacting MS. Stupid license transfer shit.[/QUOTE]

That sucks.
Someone probably pulled the console swap, buying a new unit, returning their refurb, and bestbuy just restocked it? If it was anything else, that's some shady shit...

[quote name='Rocko']It is really worth dealing with all of that shit if the system isn't broken?[/QUOTE]

In hindsight, maybe. But I'm the paranoid type that if something were to happen, it may not be warranted when it happens. Would rather take my chances with a new one. But it all depends on what the response from Microsoft comes up as.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That sucks.
Someone probably pulled the console swap, buying a new unit, returning their refurb, and bestbuy just restocked it? If it was anything else, that's some shady shit...[/QUOTE]

That's what it appears to be to me. It's pretty fucked up. I wonder if the Customer Service rep even double checked the returned system with the receipt. My serial number matched the one on my dad's receipt.

[quote name='craven_fiend']In hindsight, maybe. But I'm the paranoid type that if something were to happen, it may not be warranted when it happens. Would rather take my chances with a new one. But it all depends on what the response from Microsoft comes up as.

That's what it appears to be to me. It's pretty fucked up. I wonder if the Customer Service rep even double checked the returned system with the receipt. My serial number matched the one on my dad's receipt.[/QUOTE]

They probably didn't -- especially if the person did it right after christmas -- "it was a gift return, i'll take store credit, whatever".

I've been waiting for Monster Hunter Frontier to come to the US for awhile (I play the Korean version), and when it finally does its for the 360. On top of that, not only do you have to pay for the xbox live sub, now you have to pay 15$ a month on top of that to play it online. fuck that, I'll stick to the free Wii and PSP versions.

Got a bunch of sushi and took it to my girlfriend's work to eat lunch with her. When I got home, I grabbed the thing from Radioshack that I needed to swap out for my speakers to work on my tv (It's finally working).

On the way to Radioshack I saw a dog running about by herself and on the way back, I stopped and looked at it's tag. I called their owner and the dude said they lived a block away, but his wife was out walking with their kids. I took the dog to the house and the door was locked, but open (wtf?), so I walked her in and made sure no one had broken in and then closed the dog in while I waited for the lady to get back. There is my good deed for the next couple months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back