Ibotta: Get $5 back on $100 in Best Buy purchase(s) (online and/or in store) - $10 back on $100 for Microsoftstore.com too!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Since Ibotta has been regularly having Best Buy and Microsoftstore.com offers I've restructured this thread a bit. I have also added an FAQ below.

Current "CAG Friendly" offers:

- Best Buy (in store and/or online):

$5 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases)* - Expires "02/10/15 at 12:59 am",

*On occasion some users get different offers so it may vary - you won't know until you open the app.

- MicrosoftStore.com (online only):

$10 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases) - Expires but has been ongoing regularly

- New users can also get a $2 bonus (read below).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibotta is basically an instant rebate app for smart phones that allows you to get money back for certain items (typically grocery). The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards.  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but these deals are certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link in my signature but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but yes, I get a bonus too.  To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Ibotta FAQ

Q: How do I unlock a rebate?

A: Each rebate has a couple of task that must be completed before it is "unlocked" and you can redeem it. Most of these task consist of a poll or "learning a fact" but on occasion they include posting to Twitter or Facebook. 

Q: How long can I submit a receipt?

A: Receipts can be submitted for up to one week from the purchase date. I.e. a receipt from the 1st can be submitted up through the 7th. Offers do expire though, and an offer may expire before a week's time preventing you from submitting it. 

Q: How do I complete an online offer such as BestBuy.com?

A: Once you've competed the "task" to unlock the offer there will be an option to click a button to "shop." You will then have the option to send yourself a referral link to use later or to shop directly from within an in-app browser. Online purchases tend to show up in your account in 2-3 days.

Q: I bought something three days ago and a new rebate has been added for that same item! Can I still submit my receipt?
A: Yes, you can submit any receipt less than a week old, even if the offer didn't exist when you originally purchased the item. For example, if you spent $100 at Best Buy on the 1st and an offer for $10 back when you spend $100 was added on the 3rd, you could submit the receipt from the 1st. 

Q: How long do rebates take?

A: They can vary a bit, and receipt photos that are hard to read seem to take longer (most likely are manually reviewed) but often times rebates post to your account within an hour. 

Q: How can I get the money I've earned?

A: Once you've reached a minimum of $10 you can "cash out" a number of ways including sending the cash directly to your Paypal or even gift cards such as Best Buy and Starbucks (among others). 

Q: How come some people have a $10 for spending $100 and others have $5 for $100 or $20 for $100? Why don't I have the same offer as someone else?

A: Ibotta does seem to periodically offer different offers to different users. This appears to be from a combination of different reasons, everything from geographical location, how long you'e been a user or even if you redeemed a previous offer for the same store. 

Q: If I pay with a gift card will it still count? Can I use other coupons and still qualify for an Ibotta rebate?

A: Ibotta really doesn't care about the form of payment or other coupons used (with one exception). So long as you bought the item and it is on your receipt it will qualify. It is possible to buy a grocery item that is on sale for $2, use a $1 off coupon and get $1.50 back in Ibotta rebate. The exception to this is the "Spend $$$ to get $$$" offers. Since the final total paid is what matters. If you lower the total with coupons/sales/reward certificates (for Best Buy) will result in less money being counted as "spent."  

Q: How do "Team Bonuses" work?

A: Teams are fairly new and still a little unclear but the primary way they work is that everyone you invite to Ibotta and joins through your link winds up on your "team." Once your team has received a certain dollar amount in rebates and you've also redeemed a certain amount you qualify for a bonus. For example, a hypothetical Team Bonus might require that your team redeems $20 in rebates total and you redeem $10 in rebates personally. Once both conditions are met you'll receive the bonus for that month. This will typically unlock a "level 2" where you can gain another bonus when the next levels are met. So far there have not been more than 3 "levels" of Team Bonuses.  It may be possible to add others to your team through Facebook. 

Q: Can multiple accounts on different devices send to the same Paypal account?

A: Short answer, yes. Ibotta does appear to have realized that some households may have multiple phones but maybe only one Paypal account so you could, for example, have yourself and your spouse both cash out to the same Paypal. Having more than one account per person is almost certainly against the terms however so do so at your own risk.

Previous deal info
Best Buy and Ibotta deal for Black Friday

Find gifts for everyone on your list at Best Buy!

Earn $5 when you Spend $100 in-store at Best Buy or online at BestBuy.com on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.
Once you earn your first $5, you’ll unlock a special bonus offer where you can earn an additional $10 when you spend $10 in-store (on your next trip) to Best Buy. Be sure to hurry, this special unlocked bonus offer will only last until the weekend of 12/6/14.
Check your special unlocked offer for more details.
Best Buy In-Store Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at Best Buy between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across in-store and online Best Buy purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your in-store purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Best Buy Online Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at BestBuy.com between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across online and in-store purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your online purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Check your app on 11/27/14 or 11/28/14 for additional details.

The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards (Starbucks for example).  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but this new deal certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link below but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but I get a bonus too so it's pretty awesome.   :) To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. So $7 total back for a $50 purchase (or $12 for $100).

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also submit the order email and your ibotta account email to [email protected]
This is what I had to do. Forgot to go through the URL they provide. Still hasn't gone through but I have to imagine they have a backlog from yesterday and these are being manually checked.

I still don't see the link Ibotta is talking about in the Bestbuy.com "gallery." Sent an email to their support email. I'm not expecting them to contact me in time, and the promo will be expired already.
When you do the tasks to unlock the reward it will offer to send you the link or to click the link right then in the app to shop from your phone. It is just a referral link. Even if it took 5 business days (keep in mind, today is technically a business day), you'd still have next weekend to use the additional offer.

The Ibotta app? If so, it doesn't work.
No purchases are made directly in the app. Again, once you complete the steps to unlock the $5 it'll provide you with a link.

Is it only $5? If not the bonus $10 hasn't unlocked for me unless I read the whole thing wrong. i already got the first $5 rebate.

new to this Ibotta (and all these app rewards etc).  Can I setup an account next week and still qualify for this, and do transactions paid with GCs count?  I would think so as the total remains unchanged (unlike certs/coupons).

I went through ShopDiscover and used my IT card for 10% CB. Had to email them the order confirmation number, transaction ID and my ibotta email address. Still no response back... Hopefully it goes through all right.

So I got my $5 from the instore best buy rebate. And it said I have a new offer for best buy in their "gallery" no idea where to find the bonus like others. Any insight from the rest who have though?

I fwded my bestbuy order email to the ibotta email last night, haven't gotten an update yet, hopefully it goes through.

Did the $5 rebate early in the day and received it quite fast. Bought just over a 100 today/yesterday, but am pissed that I thought the 128 gb cruizer sandisk was on sale yesterday night, when it only went on sale today in the morning. fuck you BB for having to make me come out twice to your forsaken store. What would make you believe I would suddenly come and purchase other additional items other than that flash drive. Uggh...I'll try PMing at walmart or something. Would've liked the mybb rewards but screw it. Also, I still have yet to get the $10 reward or whatever, but from my understanding of the offer that would only post to our accounts starting from tomorrow/saturday. So far Ibotta has been a fantastic company to deal with (been with them since they started) and has truly shown excellent customer support like an amazon (now if only bb or other stores could do the same). I trust them that everything will be sorted out and posted.

BTW, if anyone wants to use my ibotta referral code when they sign up I have a pretty solid group that usually hits most of the monthly bonuses. I think a lot of people in my group do the staples (crackers) or alcohol, so the awards rack up fast and the bonuses are truly nice. Always glad to get more and help each other out (this sounds like what I do for clan recruitment on World of Warcraft).

Anyway, my referral code is cuodg I would definitely be glad to help/appreciate anyone who signs up under me.

https://ibotta.com/r/cuodg

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. So $7 total back for a $50 purchase (or $12 for $100).

I bought the g502 proteus mouse and 3 eshop cards to get it over $100. I bought it through the app link, how long does it typically take to show up? Ordered 2 hours ago. Not sure if I messed it up by backing out using the back button after the order completed. Also, I guess it's too late to use the referral bonus?

Oh I see it says best buy will notify them if I made a purchase, it will take 2-3 days.

Of course now that I've already made my purchases it shows me the options to purchase it through them... :wall:

Emailed them a little while ago so hopefully that's painless and gets it added on.

Of course now that I've already made my purchases it shows me the options to purchase it through them... :wall:

Emailed them a little while ago so hopefully that's painless and gets it added on.
Just checked mine, and it seems like it's properly working like it should've. We must've tried when they were experiencing problems.

I got a reply back from me manually taking a screenshot of my order and emailing them. I did this 4am thursday. So just give them time those who had to do it that way.

This is my first time using Ibotta. I made a $100 purchase yesterday at Best Buy. Is it too late to submit those receipts, or am I missing something on how to submit them?

Thanks.

I did my purchase through the app itself, but to be safe since nothing has happened yet (I purchased last night), I forwarded a copy of my order to Ibotta support email.  So we'll see what happens.  I think the confusion we all had last night was that the links were heavily delayed so after we went through the steps to earn the rebates, it was confusing because the app was not working properly and no links were being sent. 

I thought we were supposed to click the text link to bestbuy.com in the description, which isn't through the App.  It wasn't until after I placed my order that the link in the app showed up (about 30-35 minutes later).  Luckily, I was still within 30 minutes of my purchase so I cancelled the original purchase, and then re-repurchased through the app last night.  It opens up bestbuy.com within an Ibotta browser (it was green for me).  That's where it would appear you're supposed to make the purchase, but mine did nothing after the purchase went through.  I couldn't figure out how to exit so I hit backspace a few times, (which was dangerous since it almost duplicated my order lol), and then closed out of the window by the X in the top right.  At which point I received a message from Ibotta saying thanks, and if you made any purchases best buy will let us know and this takes 2-3 days.

Just because im impatient and it didn't seem to work properly, I forwarded a copy of my confirmation email to their support this morning.  So, we'll see what happens.  My main concern is that the Eshop purchase doesnt count since the mouse was only $80 and I purchased 3 eshop for 8.50 each to push it over $100 but I saw previous posts that they counted the Eshop cards.  Technically, they aren't gift cards.

This is my first time using Ibotta. I made a $100 purchase yesterday at Best Buy. Is it too late to submit those receipts, or am I missing something on how to submit them?

Thanks.
You have until 11:59 PM PST today to submit your receipt according to the app.

I sent a screenshot of my email confirmation order from a couple of days ago, still waiting to get a response from them. Should I resend or play the waiting game?

In the app, it states that the deal expires on 11/29 at 11:59pm
The BestBuy.com deal is still active, but the Best Buy one is not on my app.

I too am waiting for confirmation from my email sent to support on Thursday afternoon. Ibotta is usually pretty good though, I'll be surprised if this doesn't work out.

The BestBuy.com deal is still active, but the Best Buy one is not on my app.

I too am waiting for confirmation from my email sent to support on Thursday afternoon. Ibotta is usually pretty good though, I'll be surprised if this doesn't work out.
I have both active on my account right now...it says that I have $36.98 out of the $100 needed to get this rebate. This is the incentive I need to spend more money on the day after Black Friday

I emailed them on friday and still haven't heard back. Hopefully I don't miss out cuz they've taken a while

I did the Best Buy $5 promotion but the $10 promo won't show up on my app. I did it on my gf's app too and it shows up on hers. Frustrating.

My $5 went through finally, but no $10 yet. For those near tiger direct, I got a spend $100 get $20 today good through 12/17, in store only.

That's curious.  I still haven't heard back from them on the $100 promo, it's still showing the $61.40 from the in store receipt, and no $5 credit.  It says I earned the $10 bonus and unlocked it though.

Sent an email Thursday afternoon forwarding my $111 purchase confirmation.  Heard back tonight with $5 credited.  Immediately scanned a $20 in-store receipt from today and was credited $10 an hour later.  $15 on the way to my bank account from Paypal as we speak.  So if you forwarded your confirmation email to them keep waiting there is hope.

Did anyone else not spend $100 and still get the $10 offer?

I spent more than $100 the Monday before Black Friday, but I only spent $38 during Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I was very surprised to see the $10 offer unlocked when I opened the app today. Anyways, I bought a Skylander figure, submitted the receipt and I already received the $10 cash back.

I spent more than $100 the Monday before Black Friday, but I only spent $38 during Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I was very surprised to see the $10 offer unlocked when I opened the app today. Anyways, I bought a Skylander figure, submitted the receipt and I already received the $10 cash back.
did not spend anything near 100 buck on BF but got the 10 offer.

Technically me. I spent over $100 but $40 of it was submitted via email so the app says I only spend $62.

Technically me. I spent over $100 but $40 of it was submitted via email so the app says I only spend $62.

I tried to participate in this but the email response i received was i needed to "complete fun activites to unlock rebates"...

What did i need to have done to qualify? I was under the impression i just needed to have a ibotta account and fulfill the $100 purchase. I did so in multiple bestbuy.com orders. Submitted each separately after they were placed and confirmed. I placed the orders on the bestbuy site (didn't follow any link) and then sent screenshots.

Was i supposed to have done something else (follow a link or something)???

I'm actually glad I did this.  Took some patience but netted $15.50 paypal off things I would have bought anyway.  Going to delete the app now.. not worth saving 25 cents on a gallon of milk, etc

I'm actually glad I did this. Took some patience but netted $15.50 paypal off things I would have bought anyway. Going to delete the app now.. not worth saving 25 cents on a gallon of milk, etc
Just remember your account stuff because they did at least four of these sorts of promos over the last 8-12 months plus the various other things they do. I've gotten back around $21 before this and I think my mother has gotten about $50 just from groceries.

bread's done
Back