Ibotta: Get $5 back on $100 in Best Buy purchase(s) (online and/or in store) - $10 back on $100 for Microsoftstore.com too!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Since Ibotta has been regularly having Best Buy and Microsoftstore.com offers I've restructured this thread a bit. I have also added an FAQ below.

Current "CAG Friendly" offers:

- Best Buy (in store and/or online):

$5 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases)* - Expires "02/10/15 at 12:59 am",

*On occasion some users get different offers so it may vary - you won't know until you open the app.

- MicrosoftStore.com (online only):

$10 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases) - Expires but has been ongoing regularly

- New users can also get a $2 bonus (read below).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibotta is basically an instant rebate app for smart phones that allows you to get money back for certain items (typically grocery). The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards.  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but these deals are certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link in my signature but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but yes, I get a bonus too.  To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Ibotta FAQ

Q: How do I unlock a rebate?

A: Each rebate has a couple of task that must be completed before it is "unlocked" and you can redeem it. Most of these task consist of a poll or "learning a fact" but on occasion they include posting to Twitter or Facebook. 

Q: How long can I submit a receipt?

A: Receipts can be submitted for up to one week from the purchase date. I.e. a receipt from the 1st can be submitted up through the 7th. Offers do expire though, and an offer may expire before a week's time preventing you from submitting it. 

Q: How do I complete an online offer such as BestBuy.com?

A: Once you've competed the "task" to unlock the offer there will be an option to click a button to "shop." You will then have the option to send yourself a referral link to use later or to shop directly from within an in-app browser. Online purchases tend to show up in your account in 2-3 days.

Q: I bought something three days ago and a new rebate has been added for that same item! Can I still submit my receipt?
A: Yes, you can submit any receipt less than a week old, even if the offer didn't exist when you originally purchased the item. For example, if you spent $100 at Best Buy on the 1st and an offer for $10 back when you spend $100 was added on the 3rd, you could submit the receipt from the 1st. 

Q: How long do rebates take?

A: They can vary a bit, and receipt photos that are hard to read seem to take longer (most likely are manually reviewed) but often times rebates post to your account within an hour. 

Q: How can I get the money I've earned?

A: Once you've reached a minimum of $10 you can "cash out" a number of ways including sending the cash directly to your Paypal or even gift cards such as Best Buy and Starbucks (among others). 

Q: How come some people have a $10 for spending $100 and others have $5 for $100 or $20 for $100? Why don't I have the same offer as someone else?

A: Ibotta does seem to periodically offer different offers to different users. This appears to be from a combination of different reasons, everything from geographical location, how long you'e been a user or even if you redeemed a previous offer for the same store. 

Q: If I pay with a gift card will it still count? Can I use other coupons and still qualify for an Ibotta rebate?

A: Ibotta really doesn't care about the form of payment or other coupons used (with one exception). So long as you bought the item and it is on your receipt it will qualify. It is possible to buy a grocery item that is on sale for $2, use a $1 off coupon and get $1.50 back in Ibotta rebate. The exception to this is the "Spend $$$ to get $$$" offers. Since the final total paid is what matters. If you lower the total with coupons/sales/reward certificates (for Best Buy) will result in less money being counted as "spent."  

Q: How do "Team Bonuses" work?

A: Teams are fairly new and still a little unclear but the primary way they work is that everyone you invite to Ibotta and joins through your link winds up on your "team." Once your team has received a certain dollar amount in rebates and you've also redeemed a certain amount you qualify for a bonus. For example, a hypothetical Team Bonus might require that your team redeems $20 in rebates total and you redeem $10 in rebates personally. Once both conditions are met you'll receive the bonus for that month. This will typically unlock a "level 2" where you can gain another bonus when the next levels are met. So far there have not been more than 3 "levels" of Team Bonuses.  It may be possible to add others to your team through Facebook. 

Q: Can multiple accounts on different devices send to the same Paypal account?

A: Short answer, yes. Ibotta does appear to have realized that some households may have multiple phones but maybe only one Paypal account so you could, for example, have yourself and your spouse both cash out to the same Paypal. Having more than one account per person is almost certainly against the terms however so do so at your own risk.

Previous deal info
Best Buy and Ibotta deal for Black Friday

Find gifts for everyone on your list at Best Buy!

Earn $5 when you Spend $100 in-store at Best Buy or online at BestBuy.com on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.
Once you earn your first $5, you’ll unlock a special bonus offer where you can earn an additional $10 when you spend $10 in-store (on your next trip) to Best Buy. Be sure to hurry, this special unlocked bonus offer will only last until the weekend of 12/6/14.
Check your special unlocked offer for more details.
Best Buy In-Store Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at Best Buy between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across in-store and online Best Buy purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your in-store purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Best Buy Online Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at BestBuy.com between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across online and in-store purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your online purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Check your app on 11/27/14 or 11/28/14 for additional details.

The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards (Starbucks for example).  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but this new deal certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link below but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but I get a bonus too so it's pretty awesome.   :) To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. So $7 total back for a $50 purchase (or $12 for $100).

Last edited by a moderator:
When did you send it? i sent mine thursday morning and still no response and nothing on the app.
Same here. I got a response telling me to unlock both the store and web offer, which I did... but never heard back. Really odd for Ibotta, I've always had good luck with their support.

I'm still waiting on a response to my email too. Clearly they are backlogged and still getting to them today. I have to imagine that Ibotta is like a 20 person team tops somewhere in CO without a huge staff to verify this many purchases super quick.

I tried to participate in this but the email response i received was i needed to "complete fun activites to unlock rebates"...

What did i need to have done to qualify? I was under the impression i just needed to have a ibotta account and fulfill the $100 purchase. I did so in multiple bestbuy.com orders. Submitted each separately after they were placed and confirmed. I placed the orders on the bestbuy site (didn't follow any link) and then sent screenshots.

Was i supposed to have done something else (follow a link or something)???
You had to "unlock" the offer by doing the two task on the offer page (they were like "learn a fact" and something else simple). Always true for any Ibotta rebate.

Just remember your account stuff because they did at least four of these sorts of promos over the last 8-12 months plus the various other things they do. I've gotten back around $21 before this and I think my mother has gotten about $50 just from groceries.
Yeah, I'd personally say keep the app. Rebates on groceries, movies and a new Best Buy offer every month or two. Plenty of rebate opportunities for day to day and it adds up (I mean, most people buy milk anyway).

It does suck though that the new minimum to cash out is $10 instead of $5. Takes much longer to get to $10.

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but my scan of the receipts didn't seem to work, so I contacted customer service. Never heard back, but got a message saying that I am eligible for the $10 bonus. Scanned an extra receipt that I hadn't used yet and almost immediately had $10 put into my account. I'm excited, but I never got the original $5. Shouldn't that have been automatic for me to earn the other $10?

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but my scan of the receipts didn't seem to work, so I contacted customer service. Never heard back, but got a message saying that I am eligible for the $10 bonus. Scanned an extra receipt that I hadn't used yet and almost immediately had $10 put into my account. I'm excited, but I never got the original $5. Shouldn't that have been automatic for me to earn the other $10?
Probably but there's only been a couple of people who have had the $5 one go through regardless of submission method versus those of us that haven't.

For anyone who has attempted to do so in the past, does it matter what method of payment is used for the transaction?  I'm assuming if I use a certificate on a $10 purchase, that will result in the transaction being < $10.  But are gift cards acceptable, or does it have to be cash?

I tried to participate in this but the email response i received was i needed to "complete fun activites to unlock rebates"...

What did i need to have done to qualify? I was under the impression i just needed to have a ibotta account and fulfill the $100 purchase. I did so in multiple bestbuy.com orders. Submitted each separately after they were placed and confirmed. I placed the orders on the bestbuy site (didn't follow any link) and then sent screenshots.

Was i supposed to have done something else (follow a link or something)???
Yes only purchases made via the ibotta link qualify.

For anyone who has attempted to do so in the past, does it matter what method of payment is used for the transaction? I'm assuming if I use a certificate on a $10 purchase, that will result in the transaction being &lt; $10. But are gift cards acceptable, or does it have to be cash?
Gift cards are fine but I wouldn't use a cert because like you said it affects the actual price of the item instead of being a form of tender.

Yes only purchases made via the ibotta link qualify.

Not true, it said in the terms that you could email them your Ibotta information, the order number, and a "photocopy" of your email confirmation for credit.

Gift cards are fine but I wouldn't use a cert because like you said it affects the actual price of the item instead of being a form of tender.
This. Certificates actually lower the total price so if you buy something that is $11 with a $10 certificate you will have a receipt that says that the total sale was for $1.

Weird. I didn't get the $5 for $100 spent. But I unlocked the $10 for $10 today. So I got that. I'm not complaining. I do dislike how you need at least $10 now instead of the $5 before to transfer out.

stated before but want to know how I should go about this?  New smartphone coming in the mail this week.  I do have an old tablet as well. 

Actually just checked and seems most of the ~120 I spent on 27-28 was paid with gift cards... does that affect this?

EDIT: seems gift cards do not affect this promo!

Will preordering a game for 10$ count towards the 10 for 10? Dont really need anything else at the moment.

I've spent over $1,000 combined both online and in-store, but missed this promo (was too busy with ShopKick and Swagbucks to notice).

I opened my app and I only see spend $10, get $10 in-store only. I'm assuming I never got the $15 for $100 promo?

I've spent over $1,000 combined both online and in-store, but missed this promo (was too busy with ShopKick and Swagbucks to notice).

I opened my app and I only see spend $10, get $10 in-store only. I'm assuming I never got the $15 for $100 promo?
I don't believe there was a $15 for $100 promo. It was $5 for $100 which unlocked a $10 for $10 promo.

I emailed Thursday, and they got back to me today finally. Looks like they're confirming and will credit me within the next few days! After some other poor customer service experiences lately, they get a win in my book.

I finally got a response from them. They said they sent the info to bb for confirmation

Does anyone know if the limitations on the offer of "no gift cards" means no PSN $10 cards either? I was gonna grab Freedom Wars in-store but then it sold out and I didn't realize it was a 1 day sale.

There's nothing for ~$10 that I wanna get besides PSN cards. Technically they aren't gift cards for the purposes of this offer... right?

Does anyone know if the limitations on the offer of "no gift cards" means no PSN $10 cards either? I was gonna grab Freedom Wars in-store but then it sold out and I didn't realize it was a 1 day sale.

There's nothing for ~$10 that I wanna get besides PSN cards. Technically they aren't gift cards for the purposes of this offer... right?
It means you're not supposed to be able to buy a BBY GC with it. I think on previous offers people have done that though and gotten it accepted. PSN cards should be fine.

It means you're not supposed to be able to buy a BBY GC with it. I think on previous offers people have done that though and gotten it accepted. PSN cards should be fine.
This true. I just bought a $10 card and submitted and my 10 came 20 minutes later. Now to buy more psn cards.

Bumping as I think this is the last day to get the $10 offer. Make sure to check your app, I think they unlocked it for a lot of people with the delays for confirming the $5 offer (it showed up on my old phone which I hadn't even used in months).

Will preordering a game for 10$ count towards the 10 for 10? Dont really need anything else at the moment.
I've submitted pre-order receipts before and had them count. Long as it is for $10 or more.

Just preordered halo 5. Hopefully they accept it like that guy said since it expires today and there was nothing I wanted to buy

Just preordered halo 5. Hopefully they accept it like that guy said since it expires today and there was nothing I wanted to buy
The submissions i believe had to be in by the 8th, but the purchase had to be last week by the 5th or 6th.

The submissions i believe had to be in by the 8th, but the purchase had to be last week by the 5th or 6th.
They accepted the submission and I got my $10 so that was good. Now halo 5 is basically gonna cost me $30 after gcu, the $10 preorder certificate and the $10 rebate

Same here also they have it for online as well, make sure to buy through the app, just click on the offer that says bestbuy.com and do the two unlocks, the "redeem" button below (middle icon on the bottom of screen) will change to "shop", click that to be able to either go to best buys website or to have an email sent with the link.

Hope this helps

It looks like the online and in-store rebates are two different promotions. If you are going to spend $200 on multiple items, you should be able to break them up into two purchases (order for in-store pickup, then buy the rest when you get there) for double the fun.

Heck, if you are spending more than $100 on multiple items, just get over that $100 mark for one purchase, and buy the rest separately. You never know if something else will catch your eye before the end of the year in a daily deal or some such.

theres also a microsoftstore.com one thats spend $100 get $10, if you get one of the trade coupons you can buy a new xbox one for $249 and get a $50 gc too, $200+tax for a next gen console (with AC4/5 you can sell off) is a sweet deal

I think its how much you actually paid. So 2 games with gcu wouldn't work, same with using a certificate to bring it below $100
So instore it would be the $48 that goes towards it on a $60 game? Online im not sure about. It shouldnt include tax though

So instore it would be the $48 that goes towards it on a $60 game? Online im not sure about. It shouldnt include tax though
Yeah its all pre tax and the same online. You could just buy 2 games and a cheap $5 item to get over $100

Will this work if I purchase $100 worth of preorders online though the link?

Cool, I got $10 for the in-store offer. I sent the support team an email with a picture of my order details for .com offer but from the wording on the terms, it looks like you must use the redemption link...oh well. Thanks for the heads up guys (i have notifications turned off & i would have missed this)

bread's done
Back