Ico Collection HD

[quote name='Squall835']Hopefully they fix the controls on SotC if this does happen.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the horse? They designed it that way on purpose.

[quote name='thegreek']sorry, OLD.[/QUOTE]

Your not worry, if you were then you wouldnt have made that remark.

Just because its not new to you doesnt mean it cant be new to someone else. Just because someone is said or done in the world doesnt mean every person on the planet instantly knows about it right then. That would be like me sitting here and telling you that I dont tuna sushi and then yelling in your face "old" because you didnt know I didnt like it. Its stupid, it does nothing to further the topic of conversation.

they said June 2011 so that would be a good estimate on the release of the collection and the last guardian I'd assume would come out july or august of that year.

Looks good, I didn't get a chance to play them on the PS2, but am a little hesitant to buy it for $50+ new.

I may have to wait for it to drop in price.

[quote name='Richlough']2 more PS2 game values go to shit .[/QUOTE]

Good thing I don't buy games to resell later. Sucks for those who do :D

[quote name='SynGamer']Good thing I don't buy games to resell later. Sucks for those who do :D[/QUOTE]

I don't either, it just sucks when you think you have something desirable. Both mine are black label copies .

[quote name='Richlough']I don't either, it just sucks when you think you have something desirable. Both mine are black label copies .[/QUOTE]

In that case..SELL SELL SELL!

Yeah, get rid of your copies NAO.

These HD releases are going to make all other versions useless and obsolete--unless you wanna hold them for sentimental value or something.. :lol:

[quote name='Deadpool']SotC is only fetching like $14 bucks. Am i missing something here?[/QUOTE]

It's Ico that is worth decent money.

I have a resurfaced ICO with a real ugly manual. I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I never got the GoW Collection, but I should.

bah, i wish something was confirmed, id sell my ico and sotc in favor of an HD collection. but i dont want to get rid of them if this doesnt come to fruition

[quote name='Mikocouch']It's Ico that is worth decent money.[/QUOTE]

And even that's not worth that much anymore.. complete copies sell for about $30 these days.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']bah, i wish something was confirmed, id sell my ico and sotc in favor of an HD collection. but i dont want to get rid of them if this doesnt come to fruition[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will go back up and if it does, not significantly. Worst case scenario, you'll probably pay a bit more to buy it again in the future if they don't re-release as part of the HD Collection.

You seem awfully confident that this will happen, OP, despite there being no actual confirmation yet. I'd almost assume they would HD Ratchet & Clank first.

[quote name='gargus']Your not worry, if you were then you wouldnt have made that remark.

Just because its not new to you doesnt mean it cant be new to someone else. Just because someone is said or done in the world doesnt mean every person on the planet instantly knows about it right then. That would be like me sitting here and telling you that I dont tuna sushi and then yelling in your face "old" because you didnt know I didnt like it. Its stupid, it does nothing to further the topic of conversation.[/QUOTE]
Is English your second language?:roll:

[quote name='ZincAlloy']http://www.ripten.com/2010/07/01/sh...tion-in-high-demand-sony-very-aware-range-85/

http://elder-geek.com/2010/06/team-ico-collection-listed-on-french-amazon/

Good news for anyone that's interested, Ico and SotC is coming to us in HD![/QUOTE]

Man I was pretty excited to read the thread title... Too bad nothing's official.

(Also: *finally* got a PS3 of my own, for $150 from my boss, who threw in two wireless controllers, 3 games (Rock Band 1 & 2 and Valkyria Chronicles), and Spider Man 3 Blu-Ray, which I probably won't open, just like the original owner didn't, because that movie blows. Feels good man.)

Man, I really want this to be confirmed. Never got to finish SotC. That in HD plus better framerate would be bad ass.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']You seem awfully confident that this will happen, OP, despite there being no actual confirmation yet. I'd almost assume they would HD Jak & Daxter first.[/QUOTE]

fixed . ;)

Yeah, it's just a matter of when now since two retailers have posted listings and TGS is looming next week. I'm pumped to play these again in HD!

Heres another article about the collection showing up on Walmart.com. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6275697.html Still not confirmation, but seriously, its happening guys! I can't wait to replay these in HD, and any little bonus' or additional content will be great to have. I remember that the non-US versions of ICO had a cheat/unlock for co-op multiplayer. It would be nice if that at least gets worked in.

I have both games on PS2, I'll buy the game once it hits clearance. I'll buy it at full price if there's some extra chapter or something.

It's great news that two great games will be remastered for the Playstation 3 to be enjoyed by new players. ...I'm just bummed that I just bought Ico a couple of weeks ago. :lol:

Hmm... What do you guy's think about slanging non-GH GoW 1&2, a scratched copy of Ico and a mint non-GH version of SotC on ebay? Wise?

Are these going to be BS upscaled versions or true graphical overhauls to HD? I'll probably bite either way but knowing this will affect the price.

[quote name='javeryh']Are these going to be BS upscaled versions or true graphical overhauls to HD? I'll probably bite either way but knowing this will affect the price.[/QUOTE]

I would expect it to be on par with GOW collection.

What I would love to see Sony or other companies do with these collections is look at the reviews and critiques of the game, and looking back on things, update the game just a little bit. Like GOW collection, display the button press mini-game icons to the side of the screen, instead of the middle. They could atleast give the option, so purists could play the original way if they wanted too.

Ico is one of my favorite game of all times, but short. It would be amazing if they added just a few more chapters. Sotc, make it a little more metroidy. Make all the weapons you can collect have more uses, and be used for some little puzzles between bosses. I know its not going to happen. These games are fantastic, so i dont care too much, but I would be so impressed and happy if they started doing updates with the collections instead of just adding a graphics filter and cashing em in.

[quote name='javeryh']Are these going to be BS upscaled versions or true graphical overhauls to HD? I'll probably bite either way but knowing this will affect the price.[/QUOTE]

No way they would graphically re-do both games... more than likely, they'll be re-rendered in 720p and they'll go back and touch up some of the textures, like they did in GoW Collection.

The one thing I hope though is they actually re-capture any cutscenes that originally used in game graphics. That bothered the hell out of me in GoW Collection.. seeing crisp clean graphics and then a pixelated/low-res cutscene.

[quote name='Xenogears']I would expect it to be on par with GOW collection.

What I would love to see Sony or other companies do with these collections is look at the reviews and critiques of the game, and looking back on things, update the game just a little bit. Like GOW collection, display the button press mini-game icons to the side of the screen, instead of the middle. They could atleast give the option, so purists could play the original way if they wanted too.

Ico is one of my favorite game of all times, but short. It would be amazing if they added just a few more chapters. Sotc, make it a little more metroidy. Make all the weapons you can collect have more uses, and be used for some little puzzles between bosses. I know its not going to happen. These games are fantastic, so i dont care too much, but I would be so impressed and happy if they started doing updates with the collections instead of just adding a graphics filter and cashing em in.[/QUOTE]

I'd love it if we got the (???) European cut of Ico, where you can play Co-Op with someone controlling Yorda (I think you may have had to beat the game first to open this option).

[quote name='Thomas96']I have both games on PS2, I'll buy the game once it hits clearance. I'll buy it at full price if there's some extra chapter or something.[/QUOTE]
pretty much same here. only i don't have Ico. Want it.. but I can wait till it drops

5c44230e74948156098ead5de8a17049_0.jpeg

Rumored cover art revealed. I should note that this is (possibly) the European box art, but it would be awesome to have the original Japanese art for ICO on the US release as well.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Eh, not a fan of the dual picture thing they got going.[/QUOTE]
Would you prefer one picture with a colossus sitting on the windmill? Actually, that would be pretty fucking awesome lol.

Just looks cheap/tacky to me. The games have similar color schemes so you'd think they could pull off an image where the 2 games blend into each other.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Just looks cheap/tacky to me. The games have similar color schemes so you'd think they could pull off an image where the 2 games blend into each other.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I don't like how the titles there either. They look too close together. But I love the art for ICO (the non-NA version). Knowing our luck, we'll get a cover with an angry looking Ico and the main guy from SotC with machine guns and steroid induced muscles.

bread's done
Back