Ico/SotC Collection $19.99 at Kmart (now YMMV)

jjjbadboy32

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
I already posted this in the Kmart thread, but not sure if everybody looks in that thread for deals.

Ico/SotC collection is on sale for 29.99 in the store ad, but when you go online it is 19.99 and available for store pickup!!!!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...VEL&prop17=ico

Apparently the game also rings up at the store for $19.99 if you don't want to take a chance with online ordering!

EDIT: Price is back up to 29.99 online, and in store is now YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Don Chubo']I ordered it and got a confirmation email. I hope those pickle smoochers don't cancel on me too.[/QUOTE]
Love the sig & avatar quote. People that pay attention are hard to come by. I'm happy to know that you do!

Just got back from K-Mart and it rung up as $19.99. Had a printout just in case... but didn't need it. Also, did a lower price submission at Amazon knowing that many people don't have a K-Mart store near them (and today's news of closure of over a hundred Sears and K-Mart stores doesn't make things any better).

Ugh, none of the KMarts by me has it in stock.and OOS for shipping.
Oh well. It will go on sale somewhere again.

Will they just hold this in layaway until you come to pick it up? I'm on vacation and it says my local Kmart has it in stock, but I don't wanna miss out.

[quote name='kicker618']Ico/SotC Collection wtf is this?????!!![/QUOTE]

If you elaborate on your question maybe someone can answer you properly.

[quote name='kicker618']Ico/SotC Collection wtf is this?????!!![/QUOTE]
Its a HD re-release collection of 2 amazing games.

Its Ico and Shadow of the Collossus.

[quote name='dm85']If you elaborate on your question maybe someone can answer you properly.[/QUOTE]

what does it stand for

[quote name='morpheus47']I have a feeling I'm next. Last night my order was on the Kmart website and now it's "null".[/QUOTE]

I take it back. Got my email confirmation and just picked it up. I must've gotten the last one.

[quote name='adezero']please don't blindly buy this game. I know a lot of people like it. but there are many reviews to the contrary. I for one was very disappointed.[/QUOTE]
I am with you. I don't get the hype for these games. I play a lot of different types of games, but I couldn't get into Ico or SotC.

Wasn't out of stock yesterday at my store. Wake up this morning and it was out of stock with my store. I put the order in last night at around 8:30 or 9. Now, I'm just wondering whether I was lucky enough to score the last one or a order cancellation is on its way. I'm pretty sure they won't let you change the store that you want to pick up from? There's one that's a little farther that has it in stock at the moment but I don't see any option which makes me think there isn't one.

Got my Ready for Pickup email for a store that's just slightly out of the way on the way home from work. Thanks OP

[quote name='beeman07']I received my "ready for pick up" order at 5:53am, so I hope it's really there when I run to Kmart at lunch. (Fingers crossed).[/QUOTE]

Success!

For those getting cancellation emails I have a little story for you! My brother was running errands in the town over near the Kmart where my order was placed. So I asked him if he'd be willing to pick up the item if I got a confirmation email. It never came in so I asked if he'd be wiling to swing by anyway and check on it's status. Shortly after my cancellation email came in.. About an hour later he calls me telling me he just finished picking up the game for me!

Turns out the sales woman cancelled my order because she thought there were no more copies of Ico/Shadow available. BUT the sales person in the electronics department easily found a copy and after a bit of discussion decided to let him purchase the game at the sites listed price of $20+ tax.

So for those of you willing to drive to your nearest Kmart you can give it a try and hope for the best!

P.S. Sorry for the long explanation!

Bought this yesterday - ordered online around 4:00pm - picked up in store an hour later. Came out to $15 - I had $5ish in my SYWR account :D. This was the Chula Vista, CA - Kmart store - last I checked they had about 7 copies left in the shelf.

Still waiting on an email for either cancellation or pickup. Does it really take so long for an email about whether they cancelled or whether I can pick it up?

[quote name='Aurarian']Still waiting on an email for either cancellation or pickup. Does it really take so long for an email about whether they cancelled or whether I can pick it up?[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten my e-mail either. I'm surprised at how long it's taking.

Store pickup was horrible....
- no signs as to where to go....electronics dept stated that it is apparently "Layaway"
- went to layaway, noone there, go back to electronics and he calls someone, go back....
- the clerk that shows up stated there isnt anyone working in Layaway and they pull others out of their respective depts to handle something they dont know how to handle....?
- she calls a manager on the phone and states she doesnt know how to handle an online order...only a manager can get it...
- had to wait for 20 min for a manager to come out and say they cancelled the order as they didnt have it in stock....
- the manager then states that they have the XBOX VERSION, but not the PS3?
- I explained that this wasnt released on the Xbox?
- I left Layaway...
- I went over to the video game case and there were 2 copies in plain sight......!
- I got the manager and showed her, she looked at it and said there is a UPC number off?

I found it in plain sight through the glass and on the glass was a sticker with the name and sale price for the game !

......just go to the store and buy it....forget the online pickup...or having to deal with this POOP !

FYI

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tendoboy']Store pickup was horrible....no signs as to where to go, had to wait for 30 min for a manager to come out and say they cancelled the order as they didnt have it in stock, I went over to the case and there were 2 copies in plain sight....they need to stop offering a service this bad...

......just go to the store and buy it....forget the online pickup[/QUOTE]

So did you get it? Did it ring up 19.99? Trying to confirm the actual in store price.

picked it up at best buy

i told the kid about the sale on kmart.com, he couldn't figure out how to access the kmart website so he just marked down that it was 19.99 at sears.com

I just bought it in-store today. I did not order online or do in-store pickup. It still rung up as 19.99 instead of 29.99. YMMV or did this happen for anyone else?

[quote name='Don Chubo']I ordered it and got a confirmation email. I hope those pickle smoochers don't cancel on me too.[/QUOTE]

Went back to Lay-A-Way and got it no problem. $19.99. Thanks much, OP!

Sweet! I had $4 on my SYWR card, so I had to get this even though I own both on PS2. Haven't played them in a few years so this will be nice in HD. Last Guardian oh where art thou?

Found it in store case labeled $39.99 but rang up $19.99 no problems, no dealing with website, just went straight in store and out in 2 minutes.

Thanks!

[quote name='Downhome']FWIW, I just picked this up in store at the same price.[/QUOTE]

I updated OP, since it appears to be 19.99 in store! Kudos to all of your successful purchases.

[quote name='titanzguard']So did you get it? Did it ring up 19.99? Trying to confirm the actual in store price.[/QUOTE]

I bought it instore this morning and it was $19.99. But for those who don't have a K-Mart or received a cancellation, has anyone submitted via Amazon to see if they will match K-Mart's prices?

Is this collection worth it if I'm not that interested in ICO? I never played either originally and I really want to definitely want to play Shadow Of The Collossus

[quote name='insix003']Thanks for the heads up. Just got back from my local bestbuy and was able to price match because my closest kmart was within 25 miles and they had it in stock.[/QUOTE]

I just did this and I can't believe how easy the transaction was! Just brought in a print out, and they matched it; no questions asked! Thanks duder!

Sucks. I just got a cancellation notice as well. Think I'll print out the K-Mart page and see if I can still price match at Best Buy tomorrow.

[quote name='SuperRocker47']Is this collection worth it if I'm not that interested in ICO? I never played either originally and I really want to definitely want to play Shadow Of The Collossus[/QUOTE]

It's worth it just for Shadow of the Colossus, but try Ico as well. You might like it's haunting beauty.

I'll probably stop by Kmart tonight and try to pick this up.

I was successfully able to pricematch it earlier at Best Buy, just showed them the price on my smartphone and they looked it up on their own computers as well to cross check

Successfully price matched at Walmart. The sales person was raving about the game as he price matched without much issue. Thanks OP!

[quote name='titanzguard']So did you get it? Did it ring up 19.99? Trying to confirm the actual in store price.[/QUOTE]

Got it and the glass was marked $19.99 with a store printed sticker on the glass game case---- not sure where the $29.99 price in the forums came from...

[quote name='Tendoboy']Got it and the glass was marked $19.99 with a store printed sticker on the glass game case---- not sure where the $29.99 price in the forums came from...[/QUOTE]

The 29.99 price is in Kmart's physical weekly ad.

bread's done
Back