Ico/SotC Collection $19.99 at Kmart (now YMMV)

jjjbadboy32

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
I already posted this in the Kmart thread, but not sure if everybody looks in that thread for deals.

Ico/SotC collection is on sale for 29.99 in the store ad, but when you go online it is 19.99 and available for store pickup!!!!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...VEL&prop17=ico

Apparently the game also rings up at the store for $19.99 if you don't want to take a chance with online ordering!

EDIT: Price is back up to 29.99 online, and in store is now YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
Went in to redeem my $20 gaming cert from skyward sword and the sticker in the case said 19.99. So rather than pick up a psn card like I had planned I snagged Ico/SotC.

Fun Fact- $20 cert doesn't work on a $19.99 game because it's not over 20 before tax. :p

[quote name='tahgir']Went in to redeem my $20 gaming cert from skyward sword and the sticker in the case said 19.99. So rather than pick up a psn card like I had planned I snagged Ico/SotC.

Fun Fact- $20 cert doesn't work on a $19.99 game because it's not over 20 before tax. :p[/QUOTE]
Really? I was planing to use $20 gaming coupon towards ICO/SC. I guess I'm going to buy 2 with $11 SYWR credit and $1 Giftcards.

[quote name='Tendoboy']Store pickup was horrible....
- no signs as to where to go....electronics dept stated that it is apparently "Layaway"
- went to layaway, noone there, go back to electronics and he calls someone, go back....
- the clerk that shows up stated there isnt anyone working in Layaway and they pull others out of their respective depts to handle something they dont know how to handle....?
- she calls a manager on the phone and states she doesnt know how to handle an online order...only a manager can get it...
- had to wait for 20 min for a manager to come out and say they cancelled the order as they didnt have it in stock....
- the manager then states that they have the XBOX VERSION, but not the PS3?
- I explained that this wasnt released on the Xbox?
- I left Layaway...
- I went over to the video game case and there were 2 copies in plain sight......!
- I got the manager and showed her, she looked at it and said there is a UPC number off?

I found it in plain sight through the glass and on the glass was a sticker with the name and sale price for the game !

......just go to the store and buy it....forget the online pickup...or having to deal with this POOP !

FYI[/QUOTE]

That really sucks. Makes you wonder how they got the job in the first place...

Although my online order/store-pickup was cancelled because the "product was unavailable", I went in-store today anyway, and sure enough they still did have two copies of it left.

When the cashier rung it up, it came up $29.99 so I think they may have fixed the price in-store. In any case, I had a print out from yesterday from their website and they did an override for $19.99.

Guess the point is, if you go to K-Mart directly, it doesn't look like the $19.99 price is ringing up anymore.

Picked up 1 copy today. it rung up $29.99 plus taxes. Told the cashier & show the sign is on sale for $19.99. Out the door $21.52 after taxes :)

Got a response yesterday from Kmart. They told me that my order was still in processing and that I would have to wait for my local store to restock before I could go and pick it up. Oh well, I've waited this long for this game to be a decent price. Hopefully, it isn't much longer till they get some copies.

how do you have Amazon price match other retailer prices?
i have credit there and i'd rather use it than waste my BB rewardzone certificates

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I just did this and I can't believe how easy the transaction was! Just brought in a print out, and they matched it; no questions asked! Thanks duder![/QUOTE]I used to do printouts all the time but now I just use my iphone & they look it up on their pc's no problem plus you can pull up most stores ads direct thru their websites anyways so you always have the ad too.

[quote name='BFox549']how do you have Amazon price match other retailer prices?
i have credit there and i'd rather use it than waste my BB rewardzone certificates[/QUOTE]

At the bottom of the page is a box that says "Feedback." From there, is says "Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?" in the middle. Click "lower price" and it will walk you through it. This has probably been done many, many times now to no avail, but it doesn't hurt to add one more and now you know for future reference.

Also, it isn't an instant match. They have to hit a certain number or the planets have to align a special way first. I'm not sure of the stipulation, but you get the picture.

EDIT: Here is a snap shot:
picture.php

[quote name='Enuf']I used to do printouts all the time but now I just use my iphone & they look it up on their pc's no problem plus you can pull up most stores ads direct thru their websites anyways so you always have the ad too.[/QUOTE]

I can top that, went in today to grab the game. The guy brought it up to the front counter and handed off to a lady. It rang up as 29.99 or maybe 39.99, doesn't matter. So I say to the woman, "Thats not right its on sale for 20, there is an advert in the games department." She scans twice and the same number comes up. Eventually she just overrides, didn't ask to go check the games department, didn't call on someone else to check, didn't even seem to question it. Just marked it down as twenty. I was all ready to show her the ad on my ipod or the ad in the games department, but it was unnecessary I guess. I found the whole thing odd, I could have been lying, I wasn't but hell she didn't know that. It just seemed odd. Either way, I got the game. Thank you CAGs as always the only forum I enjoy reading and writing on.

[quote name='naverous']Waited too long, OOS online and at my local Kmart. /sigh[/QUOTE]

Did you actually go to your local Kmart? Mine also said "unavailable" at my local Kmart. But there were two copies still there. I think, like Best Buy, they often make it OSS in store when there's only 1-3 copies left.

If you do go, however, make sure you bring a print out of the $19.99 price online. It's ringing up $29.99 in store.

Took a printout to my local BB and the cashier said they don't match websites except their own. I explained that it's also the in-store price but she said I had to go to customer service and they'd have to call my local Kmart and verify. I went to try my luck with CS but I already knew Kmart's website said the nearest store was OOS so thought I was SOL :headache:

All of a sudden the same cashier came right over to customer service, called me past the line to the counter, then price matched it while mumbling something about her checking it for me already!? So weird, because this was maybe 10-15 seconds after I left her by the checkout registers.

I thanked her and merrily went on my way with the game (and also Dragon Age II for PS3 at $9.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked with my local Kmart and they had one copy left. Online it said they were OOS. Printed the online page and went in to buy. still was ringing up $29.99. They had to overide the price, but all the while they were telling me that this is a special favor and not to expect this again. Either way I got it for 19.99.

[quote name='FrostyScientist']I checked with my local Kmart and they had one copy left. Online it said they were OOS. Printed the online page and went in to buy. still was ringing up $29.99. They had to overide the price, but all the while they were telling me that this is a special favor and not to expect this again. Either way I got it for 19.99.[/QUOTE]

I love KMart, lol. It's now a "special favor" to get a game at their advertised price.

went to best buy. got the game took it to the checkout and said i wanted a PM. showed the kmart ad on my phone he said "ok" then typed somthing and called for a overide. in & out in less than 5 mins. amazing service.

There's a reason that kmart is almost completely out of business. At the few stores that are left, terrible service isn't a rarity, it's included in everyone's normal day there. (that came out more awkwardly than it sounded in my head, aka, Kmart gives terrible service, period.)

[quote name='Gden']There's a reason that kmart is almost completely out of business. At the few stores that are left, terrible service isn't a rarity, it's included in everyone's normal day there. (that came out more awkwardly than it sounded in my head, aka, Kmart gives terrible service, period.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I frequently walk from the entrance of the store all the way back to the gaming department, find what i want, look for a salesperson, find no one, head all the way back to the front of the store to customer service, then walk all the way back to gaming and wait for someone to magically appear. They need one of those paging systems like Target has.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Looks like price went back up to $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Yep, looks like they fixed it. DEAD online.

Possibly still 19.99 in the store? Guess we will find out tomorrow.

[quote name='cheeky']Yeah I frequently walk from the entrance of the store all the way back to the gaming department, find what i want, look for a salesperson, find no one, head all the way back to the front of the store to customer service, then walk all the way back to gaming and wait for someone to magically appear. They need one of those paging systems like Target has.[/QUOTE]
Your store doesn't have those paging call boxes on one of the poles in different departments?

Just look up towards the top of the poles around the stores and you should see a sign that says 'customer service' or something similar. Then look down at about eye level on the pole and there should be a lil box with a button for you to press. A couple seconds later you'll hear an automated page for 'service is needed in X department'. It'll repeated 2-3x and that usually does get their attention enough to get someone to magically appear.;)

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Yep, looks like they fixed it. DEAD online.

Possibly still 19.99 in the store? Guess we will find out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Can anyone tell me if it is still $20 in store as of today (Thursday)?[/QUOTE]

It was very much ADVERTISED as $19.99 in my store Wednesday night as of closing. Like in idiot I bought one with a $50 PSN card so I could burn my coupons expiring 12/31 but was too stupid to notice that I was being overcharged when they gave me my subtotal as ICO was ringing up at $29.99.

Once I paid and I saw the receipt I just admitted defeat as the whole process of using coupons and then trying to get a price match or do a return is painful at Kmart and not worth the $10.

I wish from the start Josh had found a way where if you purchased an item using a gaming coupon and needed to do a return they could return the value of the gaming coupon onto a promo gift card until it expired.

I suppose if your store is still advertising them at $19.99 then you'll have a shot at getting the override

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Was this a limited time sale or something? Doesn't seem right that they would raise the price again in just a few days...[/QUOTE]
Not sure. Though other CAG's got it from Best Buy for $15 after the coupon in the @Gamer magazine. Even if the CAG's had to buy that month's issue to get the coupon if they weren't a subscriber it still made it about the same price as this deal was($19.99).;)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Was this a limited time sale or something? Doesn't seem right that they would raise the price again in just a few days...[/QUOTE]

Kmart's weekly ad shows the game being "on sale" for $29.99 from 12/26-12/31, but the website and "sale sticker" on the glass case were both showing $19.99 for the last few days.

Not sure if the $19.99 was on purpose or a mistake, but it has definitely been changed back to the "original" sale price of $29.99 online. Not sure if it's been changed in store yet.

Hopefully somebody will post results.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Kmart's weekly ad shows the game being "on sale" for $29.99 from 12/26-12/31, but the website and "sale sticker" on the glass case were both showing $19.99 for the last few days.

Not sure if the $19.99 was on purpose or a mistake, but it has definitely been changed back to the "original" sale price of $29.99 online. Not sure if it's been changed in store yet.

Hopefully somebody will post results.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that it actually changed yesterday to $29.99 in-store. Luckily, I had the web page print out and they honored the $19.99 price. So unless you're store still has signs showing the $19.99 price or you have a print out of the webpage prior to the correction, then your probably SOL in-store.

Picked this up at my local Kmart yesterday afternoon. It rang up 29.99, but still had a little sale sign for 19.99. They gave it to me for 20.

[quote name='awp']I can confirm that it actually changed yesterday to $29.99 in-store. Luckily, I had the web page print out and they honored the $19.99 price. So unless you're store still has signs showing the $19.99 price or you have a print out of the webpage prior to the correction, then your probably SOL in-store.[/QUOTE]
I stopped by Kmart yesterday and they had the $19.99 shelf tag in front of the two copies they had (at a store that was listed as out of stock online). I scanned the game on my way to the front, and it came up $29.99. To save myself the headache, I decided to just pick it up in electronics where he'd only have to walk a few feet to look at the tag.

He manually entered the price, and then took my $15 coupon off and sent me on my way. I didn't realize it wasn't supposed to be $19.99 any more :whistle2:/

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not sure. Though other CAG's got it from Best Buy for $15 after the coupon in the @Gamer magazine. Even if the CAG's had to buy that month's issue to get the coupon if they weren't a subscriber it still made it about the same price as this deal was($19.99).;)[/QUOTE]

I got in on that deal because the girl at CS gave me the magazine for free since they wouldn't do a price match with the coupon. Then low and behold it rang up properly the following week. ;) Pays to be persistent. I was just asking that previous question because it seemed shady to me. That's all.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']Just picked up a copy at a KMart in Douglasville, Georgia! Thanks for sharing! 20 bucks isnt bad at all for this![/QUOTE]

Did it ring up $20 or did you have to get Kmart to PM their ad? Just wondering if I should make the effort to go to Kmart.. I should have j umped on this deal when it was first posted here..

[quote name='StealthGear']Did it ring up $20 or did you have to get Kmart to PM their ad? Just wondering if I should make the effort to go to Kmart.. I should have j umped on this deal when it was first posted here..[/QUOTE]

They had a sale sticker above it that says $19.99 and when it rang up $29.99 the guy at the register (who had seen the sticker) went back, took the sticker off and was like wow it DOES say $19.99 and he was like that is weird. He DID end up having to price match the sticker and overriding it in the cash register

just got it for $19.99 at Kmart in Paducah, Ky. The sale tag for $19.99 was on the glass. It rung up for $29.99 but they honored the sale sticker. Never played either game. I'm excited.

Called the store and had them ring it up to try avoiding the store pickup (just picking it up in electronics is easier than waiting at the ratty customer service counter with all the meth heads and scags returning stuff they probably stole)...it was ringing up 29.99. So I had to do the store pickup. I was right about the line at the customer service counter. Full of sketchy people lol, but I got my deal.

bread's done
Back