Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo
Oblivion
Rainbow Six Vegas
Saint's Row
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Did I mention Oblivion yet?

Oblivion.

I'm not even a fan of RPG's, but Oblivion has got me hooked right now and I've put almost 40 hours into it within the past 2 weeks.

Before I started playing Oblivion, I was a R6: Vegas junkie. I'll probably pick that back up again as soon as the new map pack comes out later this month.

[quote name='ZForce']Oblivion
Dead Rising
Viva Pinata
Oblivion
Crackdown
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo
Oblivion
Rainbow Six Vegas
Saint's Row
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Did I mention Oblivion yet?[/quote]

Wow, I have all of those (except for MUA nad RSV), plus a bit more. All good choices.

good starters for a view of the 360s power:

Oblivion
Gears of War
Dead Rising (a must for any 360 owner IMHO... most original game on system)
Uno
and whatever arcade games appeal to you (play the demos)

The Outfit is a game that I expected to be bad, but was a nice surprise. Pick it up if you see it cheap. (I got mine for $5.)

Can someone sticky a thread like this? Perhaps that cag community poll or whatever that was up a while ago. Just something to help the noobs out.

I don't even HAVE a 360 yet and I already have the following:

Arcade Unplugged ($15 at GR)
Bankshot Billiards 2 (code from $15 12-month Live kit)
Burger King Games ($11 for all 3, no food purchase)
Burnout Revenge ($20 at GR)
College Hoops 2K6 (Best Buy clearance)
Enchanted Arms ($30 at GR)
Full Auto ($16 at Fred Meyer)
Gun ($16 at Fred Meyer)
Moto GP 06 (Best Buy clearance)
Kameo ($16 at Fred Meyer)
Lego Star Wars II ($20 at GR)
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II ($40 at GR)
NCAA Football 07 ($20 at GR)
NHL 2K6 (Best Buy clearance)
Oblivion CE (pending in from trade - whoo-hoo!)
Table Tennis ($15 at Best Buy after coupon)
Tomb Raider Legend ($16 at TRU after customer survey coupon)
Viva Pinata ($45 used at GR - my most non-cheapass purchase of all)

Now, granted, I have most of those because they were on clearance, or because my GR is closing and I wanted to burn credit. There's only a few there that I would have bought if I was just trying to get the best (probably only Oblivion, Burnout Revenge, and Viva Pinata, with Lego Star Wars, Enchanted Arms, and LOTR as secondary purchases). But perhaps this is more indicative of the way another CAG might build up a collection for a new system ;).

I do have an extra Kameo if you want that - see my trade list for more. I mention Kameo specifically because I am going to have to return it soon if someone doesn't want it ;).

If you have a decent pc you can knock alot of these off the list.
Just go to metacritic and search by score, thats the easiest way.

First off, Let me start by saying that I don't buy my games, I rent them. That being said, Here are some of the games that I enjoyed:

American Wasteland (Sure, you probably played this alreay, But it is fun online, Especially with all of the glitches in it! :D )

Condemned: Criminal Origins (A very good game, If sega made more games like this they may have been doing better)

Dead Rising (I rented this for 4 months, Beat it 5 times, And got every avhievement from it, It's that good! :cool: )

GUN (You may have already played this, But even if you have rent it and play through it again, It has very easy achievements and is the most ejoyable western game that I know of, Not that there are many western games)

Saint's Row (While the single player mode isn't all that great, It has decent online play and you can customize your character wich I am always for)

Also, While I haven't played it yet, I can't wait to play crackdown.

(I know that gears of war and oblivion are not on my list. That is because I have not played them yet)

[quote name='javeryh']Um, how can we be forgetting GEOMETRY WARS?!?!?!?[/quote]Travesty!

My personal list is Crackdown, Gears of War, Burnout Revenge, Project Gotham Racing 3, and Geometry Wars.

If you were buying a 360 tomorrow, I'd tell you to post your question(s) in the sticky thread.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Can someone sticky a thread like this? Perhaps that cag community poll or whatever that was up a while ago. Just something to help the noobs out.[/quote]It's already covered in the General 360 thread (not that anyone looks there).

bread's done
Back