Impulse Weekend Buys for March 5th

[quote name='dim2192']Fences looks cool[/QUOTE]

Is that because it is free? I think a couple of the other ones look better than fences

[quote name='dealighted']Is that because it is free? I think a couple of the other ones look better than fences[/quote]

But they're not cool enough to be free.

Fences isn't even a game. Mr. Robot looks pretty cool, and I've played the hell out of GalCiv II but never played 1 so maybe I'll pick that up.

Fences is a tool for your PC to essentially create "fenced in pens" of desktop icons to better organize them. When you double-click on an empty area of the desktop it hides any icons and/or group that you didn't specify as "always show."

It's a nice way to keep your desktop clutter minimal while still having icons as easy access. Unfortunately, it still suffers from the memory issues of having too many desktop icons, but it doesn't take up much resources aside from that.

Of course many people use launchers or sidebars (or just the Start menu), but this is handy for those who like to utilize their desktop. I've got mine set up with groups for games, media applications, office apps, creative apps, system utilities, general programs, and misc. files/folders.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Fences is a tool for your PC to essentially create "fenced in pens" of desktop icons to better organize them. When you double-click on an empty area of the desktop it hides any icons and/or group that you didn't specify as "always show."

It's a nice way to keep your desktop clutter minimal while still having icons as easy access. Unfortunately, it still suffers from the memory issues of having too many desktop icons, but it doesn't take up much resources aside from that.

Of course many people use launchers or sidebars (or just the Start menu), but this is handy for those who like to utilize their desktop. I've got mine set up with groups for games, media applications, office apps, creative apps, system utilities, general programs, and misc. files/folders.
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Put my name down for one of those then, thanks.

Saint

Any word on GalCiv1? It's kind of freaky, as I was just mentioning to a friend the other day that I was in the mood for a 4x style of game, but haven't looked into that genre in so long that I don't even know what is good. I know there is a newer version, but I'd rather satisfy the craving for $4 for a weekend instead.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']Just a heads up; you can play Mr. Robot for free in Gametap. Although I might pick it up for $4; just to support independent gaming :)[/quote]

I think I might do the same.

Im sure someone can find something they want there, but I think Civ 3 is 5 bucks on steam isn't it? I just bought it like a month ago lol, but forgot.

Unreal Gold is on GOG.com WITHOUT DRM...but it's $9.99 (so are the other Unreal games they have). I own...uh...two copies now I think though :D

bread's done
Back