[Incorrect listing, just std ed.] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - The Wild Cards Premium Edition $49.99 at Best Buy

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
EDIT: Best Buy says this is an incorrect listing. It's actually the standard edition

"Hello MR_E and hellavagi,

Thanks for your interest in pre-ordering Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth from Best Buy! There has been quite a bit of interest in this title lately and I understand that our current pre-order options have been a bit confusing.

The current listing we have was initially put up as the Wild Cards Premium Edition which was incorrect. It is actually the standard edition as you see now. Have no fear, though; we will be taking pre-orders for the Premium Edition and are currently working on getting that on BestBuy.com. You can keep an eye on the link here to see it when it is available, otherwise I will also do my best to let you know once it’s up.

Thanks for posting, and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,"

----------------
Normally $79.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-the-wild-cards-premium-edition-nintendo-3ds/7377002.p?id=1219267476503&skuId=7377002&st=persona%20q&lp=1&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Can still get through using the link, so I put in an order. I can't imagine this glitch blowing up and getting a lot of attention so we may sneak under the radar.

I wonder if I ordered it then raised a huge deal about it what they'd do.  Bet I could at least argue a gift card for it.

Had one in my cart yesterday, was able to check out just now for it. Hope I can get the Premium Edition. It would be so much easier if I could do an In Store Pickup order for it. I could tell them there that they gave me the wrong edition and that I should get the Premium Edition. I cannot tell them that in the store if it is shipped to my house. Oh well.

Had one in my cart yesterday, was able to check out just now for it. Hope I can get the Premium Edition. It would be so much easier if I could do an In Store Pickup order for it. I could tell them there that they gave me the wrong edition and that I should get the Premium Edition. I cannot tell them that in the store if it is shipped to my house. Oh well.
very good chance they wont carry the LE instore

Did anyone notice the link now has the picture for the normal edition but still the name and description for the special edition?

I got charged yesterday, I have no experience having my orders canceled on but I'm guessing after a week with no word and them taking my money that they are going to let it go at stated price? or will they just ship the standard edition to my house after the copy I preordered with gamestop gets given away? (i'm guessing that standard shipping on release day will arrive after the 48 hour pickup window)

I got charged yesterday, I have no experience having my orders canceled on but I'm guessing after a week with no word and them taking my money that they are going to let it go at stated price? or will they just ship the standard edition to my house after the copy I preordered with gamestop gets given away? (i'm guessing that standard shipping on release day will arrive after the 48 hour pickup window)
I'd say the best thing to do is to keep an eye on your order...and when they fix the listings or relist them, check the sku of your order against the sku for the standard and premium.

Actually charged or just an authorization charge? I'm guessing the latter, unless you paid by PayPal (assuming Best Buy allows it).

Look in order history and it's Persona Q regular edition in my order page. Time to likely cancel it and maybe maybe Destiny since may just go for the 100 dollar monster hopefully with a 10 dollars off.

Look in order history and it's Persona Q regular edition in my order page. Time to likely cancel it and maybe maybe Destiny since may just go for the 100 dollar monster hopefully with a 10 dollars off.
Same here, though on the order history it's still showing the Wild Cards edition. On the order page it switches to the regular edition.

The removed the premium title and description as well from the page leaving only the standard title and standard description along with a picture of the standard edition

It's strange that my card was charged -- actually charged -- for the item, despite their policy on pre-orders.

My order page shows the regular version, too, but when I went to cancel, it showed the Wild Cards edition. I'll hang off on canceling just yet.

It's strange that my card was charged -- actually charged -- for the item, despite their policy on pre-orders.

My order page shows the regular version, too, but when I went to cancel, it showed the Wild Cards edition. I'll hang off on canceling just yet.
You were NOT charged (at least not for this preorder).

It was a credit card pre-authorization.

The removed the premium title and description as well from the page leaving only the standard title and standard description along with a picture of the standard edition
The listing is back live on the site but not available for order online or in store... It's the standard edition title/description/item picture, but they still have the wildcards premium picture up in the item description. They obviously have no idea what they're doing.

One page of my order history shows the special edition and another shows the standard. I wish I knew for sure what was going to happen... -_-

One page of my order history shows the special edition and another shows the standard. I wish I knew for sure what was going to happen... -_-
I can almost bet you're going to get the regular edition, you will rage just like everyone else on here that keeps their pre-orders. They seem pretty intent at getting the regular edition out for that listing. Don't take the gamble...just either accept you're getting the regular edition or just cancel it and save some fuel and such.

I can almost bet you're going to get the regular edition, you will rage just like everyone else on here that keeps their pre-orders. They seem pretty intent at getting the regular edition out for that listing. Don't take the gamble...just either accept you're getting the regular edition or just cancel it and save some fuel and such.
Yeah but the law of the universe states that as soon as I cancel my order they will decide to honor the rest of them.

how is Best Buy still in business even

want to cancel my pre order since I doubt at this point i'd get the wildcards version for $45, Best Buy login is down...

My bestbuy order still says "Atlus Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth The Wild Cards Premium Edition Nintendo 3DS."

Does anyone else order says the same?

My bestbuy order still says "Atlus Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth The Wild Cards Premium Edition Nintendo 3DS."

Does anyone else order says the same?
my order says that but when you go to the other page it just shows the game. That is why i kept one of each order open

My order history has a new image BUT it still says collector's edition. I don't know now. They'll probably send the "wrong" one.

So, they're just changing these without notifying people? Or what..?
Ya, more or less. Well, the SKU on the page where we ordered is apparently for the standard edition, so they basically just changed the listing on the website from the premium edition to standard, and ta da... Everyone who ordered that SKU now ordered the standard edition.

Might be worth seeing how it plays out, though. People on the best buy forums are already starting to argue it (complete with screenshots of the product page at the time of ordering, when it was the full photo/title/description listing for the premium edition).

My order history has a new image BUT it still says collector's edition. I don't know now. They'll probably send the "wrong" one.
I'm feeling nice, so I'll post what will 99.999% happen.

You and everyone else who sticks with this will get the regular edition. It was the regular edition before, it was said to an error then and it's the regular edition now. Don't fool yourself into thinking BB will track down the people who ordered these days just to send them the CE. They might cancel your order (this is unlikely), but they most certainly won't go out of their way to make sure that select minority gets the deal.

People will be surprised at the fact it's the regular edition. Doesn't matter how many things point to it being that, they will reply that it's false advertising, Best Buy is the worst, they will never shop there again (5:1 odds you'll see most of these people jumping on the next big BB deal all the same) and they will contact customer service.

Best Buy might offer some minor credit ($5 - $10 bucks), some might actually get the deal and many will post that they got the CE, didn't have to ship back the original and 10 kajilion in Reward Zone points.

So is it safe to assume we should cancel our wrong price order because we are probably getting the regular edition anyway?

So is it safe to assume we should cancel our wrong price order because we are probably getting the regular edition anyway?
That seems to be the case...unless you want to try to argue it with customer service and/or wait to see how much luck other people have dealing with customer service or the reps on the best buy forums.

yeah seems very unlikely you will get the CE edition since the SKU in your order is the standard edition, and thats what the warehouse guys and order pickup guys will go off.  Maybe if you had it for pickup you could try arguing but you'd basically be waving around a printout of a 4 month old page like a crazy homeless person.

I guess if you really want the game best case you get the standard edition and BB gives you $10 or 20 for screwing up, but you still wouldn't get the CE with the case.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

I understand that the sku# of your order is for regular edition while you order for AtlusPersona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth The Wild Cards Premium EditionNintendo 3DS. I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused you. Let me assist you on this matter.

I have checked your order and our website for this particular item. I have also checked other pre-orders on the same item and all there orders are good and correct. With this, I can say that there is really an error on the order that you have placed. I would suggest that you place another order for the same item for you to have a correct version of the product. Once the order goes through, you can then cancel the first order. If you have other concerns about this order, please do reply to this email and I will be more than glad to further assist you.

Thank you for your time, patience and understanding.

edit: i sent another email about how I already payed for it (paypal apparently takes the money) and the error being their fault and not mine but I don't expect much.  feels like in office space with the stapler guy and they just "fix the error" and pretend nothing happened

I was able to have them open a new order for the CE at  the 49.99 Price. Going to get a gift card today and have a case open to have open another new order so I can use the gift card. If you pay with a Debit card they are going to ping your account every week till the game comes out : /

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

I understand that the sku# of your order is for regular edition while you order for AtlusPersona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth The Wild Cards Premium EditionNintendo 3DS. I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused you. Let me assist you on this matter.

I have checked your order and our website for this particular item. I have also checked other pre-orders on the same item and all there orders are good and correct. With this, I can say that there is really an error on the order that you have placed. I would suggest that you place another order for the same item for you to have a correct version of the product. Once the order goes through, you can then cancel the first order. If you have other concerns about this order, please do reply to this email and I will be more than glad to further assist you.

Thank you for your time, patience and understanding.

edit: i sent another email about how I already payed for it (paypal apparently takes the money) and the error being their fault and not mine but I don't expect much. feels like in office space with the stapler guy and they just "fix the error" and pretend nothing happened
I really wouldn't expect much in the way of email conversations. It's best to just call their CS reps and tell them that the order you received wasn't what you thought it was. It went off without problems for me and the order was fixed in less than 10 minutes. They just changed the order from regular to premium and gave it to me for the $49.99 price. Some reps are even giving $30 credit to bridge the reg. and limited edition gap. No use not trying to call though, if you're already going to email.

Wait, paypal just takes the money and doesn't give it back if you cancel an order? I cancelled my order and still haven't gotten the $42.39 refunded from paypal. Am I never getting that back?

Yeah I called and the lady who answered told me to cancel my current order and reorder the premium edition. They are sending me a $30 gift card though as well so I would suggest calling the number on the first post.

I was told I cannot do anything until the product ships out and if it is the standard return it and buy the premium for the same price. Anyone know the chance of it selling out and me being screwed over in november?

I was told I cannot do anything until the product ships out and if it is the standard return it and buy the premium for the same price. Anyone know the chance of it selling out and me being screwed over in november?
Pretty high. Atlus said that they expected preorders of the premium edition to be sold out by mid-July.

Pretty high chance of it selling out, I would assume.

Do you guys know if you can apply a gift card AFTER ordering something, because what if the Premium edition sells out at best buy before I get the gift card?

Do you guys know if you can apply a gift card AFTER ordering something, because what if the Premium edition sells out at best buy before I get the gift card?
Preorder instore, pay $5, use the gift card when you pick it up. Simplest solution to your problem.

bread's done
Back