Indiana Deals Thread

Not really, they jacked the prices up so much that the discounts aren't making them cheaper than anywhere else. However the sam goody at circle center isn't too bad. 30% off dvd's and even more on some items. I got Ps2 tekken tag, castle shikagami, onimusha 3 and mortal kombat deadly alliance for 3.50 each. I'll check castleton suncoast tomorrow for any new steals.

Were those games in the clearance box on the floor? I was just there last week and didn't see any of those at that price or I would have snagged them. Cheapest games I saw on the racks were $10 with 30% off (so $7) unless they are ringing up different than marked.

[quote name='Spiritseed']Not really, they jacked the prices up so much that the discounts aren't making them cheaper than anywhere else. However the sam goody at circle center isn't too bad. 30% off dvd's and even more on some items. I got Ps2 tekken tag, castle shikagami, onimusha 3 and mortal kombat deadly alliance for 3.50 each. I'll check castleton suncoast tomorrow for any new steals.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check out Sam Goody. I did wind up at Suncoast, and MAN were you right. The funniest stuff I saw was Dodgeball (the old, regular DVD version, now on sale at Target for $10) for $30 (!!!) and Cinderella for $30 as well. That's right, kids, with the 30% off discount, you're still paying MORE than if you bought it at the freakin' Disney Store! No wonder that place is going out of business.

RD

Well, I tried Sam Goody, and found their prices to be insane as well. The only thing worth picking up was Christmas DVDs and CDs were 70% off. We wound up picking up a few of those. Otherwise, it was the same story as Suncoast - insane prices marked down 30% that were still way higher than Best Buy or especially Deep Discount. Looking for Star Wars Ep III? We got it! Only $30!

What a joke.

RD

[quote name='amos_82']Hey, check out Value City they are selling a bunch on NEW PSone game for $2.99 on MONDAY only!![/QUOTE]

I went to VC and picked up some PSone games. Also picked up the cheap frying pans that were on the main page of the ad. That's why I'm typing this with my left hand. The pan caught on fire while my wife was using it (the nonstick coating just burst into flames) and I burned the hell out of my hand putting out the fire before my whole kitchen went up. Seriously thinking about suing the company that makes that crap.

Lafayette Square Mall Sears had some good deals - I nabbed Mario Party 6 with mic for $25, and they also had Zelda Four Swords for $30. There was a bunch of other stuff, too, like Zelda 2 GBA ($7), ICO $9.99, the Arcade Greatest Hits series ($10 each), and several others.

Worth checking out for sure.

RD

Greenwood Sears is pretty decent too. I got Pac n Roll, Goldeneye, Virtua Tennis (PSP), and MK Shaolin Monks all for under $50. I tried to get Burnout Revenge, but it rang up at $30, so I guess it's YMMV.

RD

[quote name='Dragonwarrior587']any one know of any xbox 360's in stock?[/quote]I'll keep on the lookout for you. I saw a few Core 360s at the Southport Meijer a few weeks ago.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'll keep on the lookout for you. I saw a few Core 360s at the Southport Meijer a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

yeah i have seen alot of them but i really want a premium

thanks!

[quote name='Dragonwarrior587']any one know of any xbox 360's in stock?[/quote]

Best Buy seems to get them fairly often. Have seen them there several times...Game Rush tends to get a couple in a week. TRU gets them in fairly often...seen them at Target a dozen times...

I posted on the board when I saw a huge stack of them at the Avon Best Buy a month or so ago...didn't know people in Indy were still looking for them...I see them everywhere. Best bet is to find out what day Target gets in new stock and call all the Target stores on those days...video game stores like EB and Gamestop are a waste of time since they take preorders...but these are easy to get from the big retail chains like Target. That's where I got my Guitar Hero when everyone else was sold out.

What side of town are you in? The Greenwood Best Buy was where I picked mine up. A few days after Christmas they received a shipment. Went in there just to buy a DVD and happened to stumble onto that find. The guy said then they usually get their shipments in the early evening, so try calling around 6pm or so.

I live right next to the airport i called there today (i called everywere today) bestbuy said they don't have any. i'm just gonna wait till someone has one they will all get shipments soon.

Thanks

Anyone need a PC joystick? Goodwill on W. Jefferson had a Microsoft Sidewinder and a couple of Logitech Winman sticks for $4 to $10 each over the weekend.

They also have some games in the case, but nothing I was dying to have.

Oh they also have iPod nano and iPod mini cases for around $15 in the bins near the registers. Looks like clearance from Target. Also saw some PSP metal box style cases. Didn't catch a price on them.

LOL went over to mcvans today look at trading in some DS games for other DS games and they changed their prices

THey now want 9 bucks to trade a game for another game....

I saw mr driller 2nd level game ( 8 bucks to trade for it) the game only cost like 10 buck new..

LOL they want someone to give them a DS game + 8 bucks for Mr driller

they used to be a good store back in the mid to late 90s but its nothing more then a joke now.... 38 bucks for PS2 games USED that cost 20-30 NEW

i saw Tales for the GBA they want 35 bucks for it 30 used

and they wonder why they are sitting on 1000s of games they will never move

for for those who shop there check out your GBA games before leaving the store... i went there before xmas and picked up Advance wars 1 and 2 took them home to find out they are bootlegs .... store didnt do one thing about it.... they tried to say i was trying to pass off bootleg games..... I turned them into the BBB but never heard anything yet

slidecage, I'm not too fond of the Evansville/Green River Road store either (unless you went to that one... hell, I don't know).

Their Neo Geo Pocket prices SUCK, and all of their non-rare Saturn games look like they were dropped on the pavement a few dozen times. "We never took the time to check", they said. They're the reason why I'm here annoying the everloving hell out of the CAG community for some reasonable, but functional Saturn games that aren't all sports.

GAH.

It makes me sick.

/KY CAG
//but most of my gaming dollars go across the Ohio
///MCVANS SUCKS

Agreed, McVans has gone in the crapper since the partners split up a few years back (I saw the parner who quit. I was about a year ago...he was working at Blockbuster...damn sad)

Sailor, Have you tried www.gametz.com?
I've had really good luck trading for stuff on there.

If anyone is still looking for game in the CC clearance. The CC at Clay Terrace in Westfield has four large bins full of games.

I saw:
Crimson Skies
DOA2
Chronicles of Riddick
Splashdown
TMNT2
Transformers

They have tons.

arbiter - I have... my username is also Sailorneorune on that site as well (and to save trouble, I have the same username on Digital Press and ebay too).

I got a great deal on Magic Knight Rayearth, and am hoping things pan out to reclaim Nights and Astal into my collection (those were two of the "pavement-kissed" games from McVans/Evansville-Green River).

Any Indiana CAGs (ESPECIALLY EVANSVILLE!) who find good condition (and quality) Saturn games at a decent price, shoot me a PM.

Yesterday's finds: an E-card reader and Gameboy Camera at EBGames on Lima in FW.

The Goodwill on W. Jefferson has a MS sidewinder stick with the twist feature, and a pair of the sidewinder 6 button + 2 shoulder trigger pads, $3 each...all gameport not USB.

Made the rounds this weekend with my stepson. Fort Wayne deals of note:

Cash America Pawn near Glenbrook:
Has a PS2 for $80ish used, PSOne for $20, and a "as is" Gamecube for $10 that gets disc read errors...not sure if anyone needs one for parts.

EBGames on west side of town near the Super Wal Mart has about 100 PS1 games in a discount bin, prices ranged from $2 - $20ish based on title. They also have a lot of N64 stuff. I think this store is newer, so it's probably still getting a lot of it's inventory dumped on it from corperate rather than coming in from trades...so it seems like they have a better selectionn of old used titles.

[quote name='arbiter']Agreed, McVans has gone in the crapper since the partners split up a few years back (I saw the parner who quit. I was about a year ago...he was working at Blockbuster...damn sad)

Sailor, Have you tried www.gametz.com?
I've had really good luck trading for stuff on there.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I knew Dave's original partner, Rob, pretty well. I heard from someone, not too sure about the creditability of it, but they both got into arguments, so they split up. I kind of missed Rob working at Blockbuster. At first, I didn't recognize him, when he first worked there, because I was use to his long braids.

[quote name='Benisjamin']Does anyone know where I can find a SNES for cheap around Zionsville?[/quote]I don't think there's too many gamestores in Zionsville if there's even any. I'd try the Fishers area. There's one someone here keeps talking about.

BTW, local Indy CAGs would anyone be interested in a gift certificate to YATS? It's a Cajun Creole restaurant here in town (there's one downtown on Massachussets or on College near the old Atlas across from Moe & Johnny's). It's a $60 gift certificate good anytime. I just don't have time w/ school and work to make it there and I'm leaving in a month for the summer so I'd rather someone get some use out of it if they want it. $40. Get a great meal for $20 off.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I don't think there's too many gamestores in Zionsville if there's even any. I'd try the Fishers area. There's one someone here keeps talking about.

BTW, local Indy CAGs would anyone be interested in a gift certificate to YATS? It's a Cajun Creole restaurant here in town (there's one downtown on Massachussets or on College near the old Atlas across from Moe & Johnny's). It's a $60 gift certificate good anytime. I just don't have time w/ school and work to make it there and I'm leaving in a month for the summer so I'd rather someone get some use out of it if they want it. $40. Get a great meal for $20 off.[/quote]

Heh, you can get quite a few meals at Yats for $60...they're quite cheap. All their dishes are $5.00.

http://www.yatscajuncreole.com/

Chapel Ridge - EB Games in FORT WAYNE has Premium 360 Bundles for sale starting @ 11AM Sunday morning. First come first serve when I called them yesterday.

2 - 360 are still available if anyone is interested. I got my around closing time yesterday. Plus the Outfit, Full Auto, Call of Duty for $499.99 plus tax!!

[quote name='amos_82']2 - 360 are still available if anyone is interested. I got my around closing time yesterday. Plus the Outfit, Full Auto, Call of Duty for $499.99 plus tax!![/quote]A specific location might help.

I've finally been seeing X360's for a first. I saw the core bundle at Best Buy, in Castleton. I saw Core and Premium at Wal-Mart, in Castleton. I saw a Core and Premium at Meijer, in Fort Wayne. I'm not ready to get one yet, but I'm seeing them.

We will see them on sale everywhere this summer...then there will be huge sales on 360 stuff when the PS3 comes out. Xbox will want to make their premium package cheaper than the PS3 to attract another crop of Christmas shoppers.

They'll probably also roll out some cool new add on, and a exclusive game. (Halo 3?) in order to undermine the PS3 launch. Then they can spin the press to show that their numbers are going strong and will hope for the PS3 to have a lackluster launch or shortages on release day (like the 360).

Rumor has it the reason PSOne was discontinued last week was to free up those plants to make PS3 or accessories for it, so that there aren't launch shortages.

EB is running the buy two, get 1 free promotion right now. Not sure how long it lasts. It's on all used games and movies.

Big Lots has some new stuff in PC games. $5.99 each.

At Southgate I saw the following that might be interesting:
Space Colony
The Great Escape
Ring II
ORB
Hidden & Dangerous 2
Ultimate Tychoon (Mall Tychoon, Railroad Tychoon II, & Airport Tychoon in one box)

They also had some 128mb usb flash drives for $14.99.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know what they r buliding next to target by glenbrook

some1 at work said a comp usa store but dont belive it[/QUOTE]They are building a brand new Target. For a while, I was thinking it was going to be a Super Target (since that would be the perfect location for one), but the manager at Target told someone I know, that Fort Wayne would never get one, due to competition. So, the new building will be a new Target, similar to the one in Northwood Plaza.

It's definitely not CompUSA, since CompUSA is about 1/4 of the size of that building.

Yep, it's a new bigger better target. They'll probably do what they do with WalMarts, build a normal store, but set up the layout of the building with enough room on one side to knock down a wall and expand into a "super" store if sales merit it.

I talked to my old Manager at EB. Looks like all the EB's are getting reset into the Gamestop layout and shelving system before holiday season. I guess next fiscal year they'll change over all the signs and advertising to the Gamestop brand.

werid i was told by a target worker it wasnt going to be a target LOL

wonder what they will do with the old building... and why did they make that craft store move

ARe they just going to rip it down?

[quote name='arbiter']They'll probably also roll out some cool new add on, and a exclusive game. (Halo 3?) in order to undermine the PS3 launch. Then they can spin the press to show that their numbers are going strong and will hope for the PS3 to have a lackluster launch or shortages on release day (like the 360).

Rumor has it the reason PSOne was discontinued last week was to free up those plants to make PS3 or accessories for it, so that there aren't launch shortages.[/quote]

Sony was still producing PSone systems? Wow, I haven't seen anyone carry those in years. Meijer here has a couple in their display case but the boxes are faded with age they've been collecting dust so long.

I guess they were big in Europe too.

Big Lots alert. I checked the one in New Haven tonight:
For $4.99 or 3.99 each they had:
Great Escape
Ground Control II
Vietcong
Max Payne
Max Payne II

Just a quick note for anyone in the Greenwood area: the Southside News on Madison has oodles of XBox Magazine demo discs at 25 cents each. There's a big table as soon as you walk in and there's stacks of them. I nabbed one of each just to give me a few hours of cheap fun. :cool:

RD

Fort Wayne based McVans (with location in Indy) has a buy 1 get 2nd game 50% off sale for May.

http://www.mcvans.com/

I've read on this thread that their quality has dropped since the first partner left, but I must admit they have one heck of a selection at the Indy/Fishers location, but getting CAG deals is unlikely.

bread's done
Back