Indiana Deals Thread

[quote name='foltzie']Just to confirm, there arent any differences other than updates you would normally download?[/QUOTE]

Correct. And those downloads are free. It's probably the worst game of the year version of any game in a long time.

[quote name='depascal22']Correct. And those downloads are free. It's probably the worst game of the year version of any game in a long time.[/QUOTE]

I'm certainly confused as to why it warranted a new SKU. But if it means cheap L4D, I wont object.

Glendale Target in Indy is out, as is it's associated Goodwill location.

[quote name='Kronodar']Hopefully these links work. You can see the difference on the side but it gets tough past three or four boxes deep.

http://www.console-covers.com/Downloads/Vault/Files/Xbox360/NTSCCovers/20418/

http://www.console-covers.com/Downloads/Vault/Files/Xbox360/NTSCCovers/16611/

click on the thumbnails[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated. I went straight down to West Carmel and started explaining to the clerk what I needed, and rather humorously he was already two steps ahead of me. He said people had been asking him about $12.48 L4Ds all day and that the last guy bought four. Lots of CAGs round here I guess.

Anywho, he pulled every last one of them out and handed me what appeared to be last non-GOTY version, so if you want L4D cheap I'd look elsewhere. Clearance endcap still barren BTW.

[quote name='foltzie']I'm certainly confused as to why it warranted a new SKU. But if it means cheap L4D, I wont object.

Glendale Target in Indy is out, as is it's associated Goodwill location.[/QUOTE]

Game of the Year and Greatest/Platinum Hits games sell quicker than regular version. Some people that might've been on the fence will jump on it because it's "highly acclaimed" or sold alot of copies.

I'm pretty sure Valve just wanted to jumpstart the process by releasing this now. It'll probably get the Platinum Hits treatment when the sequel comes out.

[quote name='depascal22']Correct. And those downloads are free. It's probably the worst game of the year version of any game in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. My boy said "We have to get this!!!!" I told him it wasn't anything special, but I wasn't positive. You just saved me a wasted trip to GameStop!

[quote name='Kronodar']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229890

In case you don't know that this is going on at Indianapolis Gamestop stores. West 86th next to Sam's Club still had lots of copies of Endwar, Bionic Commando, and HAWX. They were in the middle of marking the pricing from $59.99 to $19.99.

I don't have the complete list but there are several games.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Naturally Oblivion PS3 GOTY goes just after I bought used at the last B2G1. Boo.

[quote name='erehwon']I hadn't noticed anything about McVans' selection, but I don't usually go in there. The main store on maplecrest is the one closest to me.

That's a pretty good deal on Lunar. Must have been mislabeled. Was it a complete copy?[/QUOTE]

The Lunar was in a generic case, but that is a huge price difference for not having a real case, my receipt says lunar: Silver star story.

Not a big thing, but I was in the Gamestop at 96th Street across from Meijers today and they had a new copy of Crono Trigger for the Nintendo DS for $19.99. I was tempted to get it, but I have the game on my GameFly queue.

Remember this is the week use the COUPONS FOr half price books if you got them in the mail for fort wayne

Monday and tuesday 30%
weds and thursday 40%
Friday and sat 20%
sunday 50% off

Today picked up

vandel hearts for the PS1 complete for 2.96 NICE

picked up
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure DS complete for 4.86 after 30% off coupon....

they had a few more ds games... Illusions of masters i think 15.. Madden 06 around 4.50 or so
lifesigns for 15. I think LOST IN BLUE 1 for 15 (might been part 2)

they had around 4 psp games for 14.99 each

I was going to wait and see if i could of grabbed RHAPSODY weds for 40% but would rather just spend the extra 64 cents today and have it in hand...

Might go back thursday and see if they got anything more

I stopped by Greenwood and Southport Targets today, and not much there. Was hoping to hop on Fear 2 :360: for $12 but none were there. I already have Left 4 Dead :360: but checked for you guys and both stores were out of them behind the glass (just goty's). Only thing I seen really noteable was Guitar Hero World Tour :ps3: for $14 I believe. I think Southport had 2 and Greenwood had 3. Just a heads up.

[quote name='slidecage']Remember this is the week use the COUPONS FOr half price books if you got them in the mail for fort wayne

Monday and tuesday 30%
weds and thursday 40%
Friday and sat 20%
sunday 50% off

Today picked up

vandel hearts for the PS1 complete for 2.96 NICE

picked up
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure DS complete for 4.86 after 30% off coupon....

they had a few more ds games... Illusions of masters i think 15.. Madden 06 around 4.50 or so
lifesigns for 15. I think LOST IN BLUE 1 for 15 (might been part 2)

they had around 4 psp games for 14.99 each

I was going to wait and see if i could of grabbed RHAPSODY weds for 40% but would rather just spend the extra 64 cents today and have it in hand...

Might go back thursday and see if they got anything more[/QUOTE]
I was there a couple days ago and thought about picking up that vandal hearts, but passed since I think I have a copy. I'm also not that interested in SRPGs. I might head out there sometime this week, but I'm usually only checking out there clearance when I go there.

By the way, have you checked out BB for any of those $10 games? I was wondering if there was anything good.

[quote name='erehwon']I was there a couple days ago and thought about picking up that vandal hearts, but passed since I think I have a copy. I'm also not that interested in SRPGs. I might head out there sometime this week, but I'm usually only checking out there clearance when I go there.

By the way, have you checked out BB for any of those $10 games? I was wondering if there was anything good.[/QUOTE]

what 10 buck games you talking about.. pc games... if pc games then i really dont look at buying pc games with

shockwave giving me more then enough Flash games to play with my yearly membership

i remember playing this game till 7 in the morning back in 1997..... Remember that night cause my cat was having kittens.. Keep running in there checking on her every hour then running backand playing the game....Man those were good times (sadly both the mother and the kitten are now dead ) mother died in 2004 and kitten in 2006

Stopped by Castleton Target a little bit ago and they had 2 copies of the 360 50 Cent game for $14.98. Snagged one and left the other. Nothing else there of note.

Greenwood Target also has one copy of 50 Cent left for the 360. I also saw:

NCAA Football 09 PS3 - $15
Tomb Raider Underworld -$15
Chronicles of Riddick $40ish - I can't remember.

I don't even know why they put $40+ games in the clearance section. I know they have red stickers on them but it still seems retarded.

Was in the Avon Best Buy today...they had a store only 50% off sale on a bunch of clearence games. I really only looked at the Xbox 360 and PS3 games, but they also had a lot of Wii and DS games. Some old sports titles, but maybe someone will see something on the list they want:

Xbox 360:
NCAA Football 09--$14.99
Rock Revolution--$9.99
Madden 2008--$4.99
NFL Tour--$14.99
Facebreaker--$9.99
Smash Court Tennis 3--$9.99
Lost Via Domus--$9.99
Hail to the Chimp--$7.99
Alone in the Dark--$9.99
Narnia:prince Caspian--$14.99
Dead or Alive Extreme 2--$7.99
Moster Madness Battle for Suburbia--$9.99
NCAA Basketball 09--$29.99
Superman Returns--$9.99
American Idol Encore 2--$19.99
Madden 09 in Espanol--$14.99
The Golden Compass--$7.49
PES2008--$9.99
Dark Sector--$7.99
Street Homecourt--$7.49
Ballers Chosen One--$9.99
Spiderman Web of Shadows--$7.49
Prince of Persia Limited Edition--$29.99
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires--$9.99

PS3
Golden Axe--$14.99
Valyria Chronicles--$19.99
Heavenly Sword--$29.99
Folklore--$14.99
Jericho--$9.99
Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds--$29.99
Spiderman Web of Shadows--$29.99
Disgaea 3--$19.99
Viking Battle for Asgard--$9.99
MLB 08 The Show--$19.99
Facebreaker--$9.99
Rock Revolution--$9.99
Hail to the Chimp--$4.99
Street Fighter IV Limited Edition--$39.99

They only had one copy of some games, so idk if they will still be there. Wish I would of waited to buy Valkyria Chronicles for this sale. >.

Thanks Depascal, I'm going to go first thing in the morning to see if I can snag that 50 Cent, and if that Tomb Raider is for 360, that as well haha. Depending on what I find at Target I may stop at Best Buy and hit up a few of those games (thanks SierraNight).

Just curious is anyone going to GenCon this year? For those that don't know, it's a gaming/board game/card game/little bit of everything convention that comes to Indy every year. (Heres their website - http://www.gencon.com/2009/indy/default.aspx) I'm planning on going (reason why money is a bit tight, haha) but if anyone else is going, maybe we could me up for a few mins or something.

Edit - I went and snagged 50 right before close tonight, thanks again!! Also Tomb Raider was there but for PS3. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Valkyria Chronicles for $20 would be sweet. I'll be in Plainfield later tonight so I might be able to snag one. Anyone know if the Greenwood BB has any copies?

If you haven't snagged this yet, I'm planning on hitting up Best Buy for a couple of these games tomorrow, I'll take a look for ya and let ya know.

Edit - They had the game depascal but it doesn't look like Greenwood BB is doing the 50% off deal. :(

Saw an Earthbound with half the label missing at a Half Price Books recently. Passed on it as I wasn't sure of the value of a damaged copy. It had a sticker that said "As Is" $14.95. Probably had a battery that wouldn't save or needed a cleaning or something. Went to grab it with a 40% off coupon a few days later, but it was gone of course. Seems like I could go in there every day and there is always new gaming stuff lately. Most prices are high...this was a rare exception.

I usually go to Gen Con on the last day (Sunday) if I can get in for free with my company's passes. I snap some photos for our website: http://www.downtowncomics.com .

I've got 2 Blink 182 / Fall Out Boy tickets for their Verizon Wireless Indy concert on Ebay if anyone is interested. They will probably go dirt cheap. I'd love to go but my wife's due date is Sept. 9, so I don't think she'll be up for a concert on Aug. 20. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130321410984&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Rictor, I know its a bit pricey but here in Greenwood there is a Disc Replay that has had an Earthbound sitting there for a couple weeks at least. Its cartridge only, but looks in really good condition and sticker is completely there, only down side is they want around $80 for it. But if your looking for a good copy, its there.

There use to be a Downtown Comics around here, but they moved out long ago. I loved getting my pokemon cards from them way way way back then haha. :p

If anyone is ever down by Purdue, stop by Follets. They're having a 50% clearance sale on some games. I left one copy of LBP (which was probably the best deal), but there are still some deals to be had. Crackdown for $15, Burnout Paradise for $30 (I think), and Bully for $30 (or maybe $15). Some deals are busts, Resistance and Motorstorm are selling for normal retail price, but you may still find something you wanted.

Other games I saw: Rockband (PS2, PS3), some Naruto PS2 game, Dynasty Warrior 6 (both version), No More Heroes, RE4 Wii, Dragon Quest Swords (Wii), and a couple more games.

Stopped by the 116th & 69 Target last night. Snagged Motorstorm Pacific Rift for $30. They had two of those left, along with 4-6 each of Motorstorm Greatest Hits for $15, Madworld for $20 and Riddick for $30.

This is off topic a bit but does anyone know of any TurboGrafx 16 games for sale? Hucards and CD's. I'd rather not purchase individual titles via Ebay and Amazon and figured I'd ask locally prior to venturing out.

Thanks in advance

[quote name='Deewtaei']This is off topic a bit but does anyone know of any TurboGrafx 16 games for sale? Hucards and CD's. I'd rather not purchase individual titles via Ebay and Amazon and figured I'd ask locally prior to venturing out.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

McVans in Indy, Ft Wayne, and Evansville deals in old systems and carries T16. Disc Replay does as well (but I dont think back to the T16 days). Gamestation in Broad Ripple also has some old systems, but I'm not certain how far back they go.

I heard a new GameStop will be opening up in the Clay Terrace mall in Westfield on the 15th. Don't they usually do a B2G1 free deal with new store openings?

well finally found that comic store on washington center road in fort wayne. There would have been so many tpb's I would have picked up if i had made it there for the 90% off. alas.

Please keep us informed on those super sales when they have them. Thanks.

I went the day of the sale...they were wiped out. I guess there was a line at the door when they opened.

I still picked up $20 in TPB's, but it was common stuff.

I think they only do the big sale once a year or when the section gets too full. But they sometimes offer 50-60% randomly through the summer when it piles up.

[quote name='arbiter']I went the day of the sale...they were wiped out. I guess there was a line at the door when they opened.

I still picked up $20 in TPB's, but it was common stuff.

I think they only do the big sale once a year or when the section gets too full. But they sometimes offer 50-60% randomly through the summer when it piles up.[/QUOTE]

They had 55% off of damaged tpbs a few days ago... Was gonna get some of the disney ones but when i thought hmm 4.00 or so now or .80 from a few weeks ago? Well i couldnt bring myself to pay that much... I know not a lot but still a big diff.... alas.

There was a line when they did the big sale. There was a big line when it opened. I was near the end. I still managed to get around $20 worth. Isn't damaged stuff usually 55% off?

[quote name='Tallboy2005']Rictor, I know its a bit pricey but here in Greenwood there is a Disc Replay that has had an Earthbound sitting there for a couple weeks at least. Its cartridge only, but looks in really good condition and sticker is completely there, only down side is they want around $80 for it. But if your looking for a good copy, its there.

There use to be a Downtown Comics around here, but they moved out long ago. I loved getting my pokemon cards from them way way way back then haha. :p[/QUOTE]

There is still a Downtown Comics in Greenwood. The only store we've ever closed was our Carmel/Westfield store.

[quote name='ObiBen']I heard a new GameStop will be opening up in the Clay Terrace mall in Westfield on the 15th. Don't they usually do a B2G1 free deal with new store openings?[/QUOTE]

Where'd you hear that? That would be nice...finally a store for me to visit when I get dragged to that outdoor mall...too many chick shops for me...I'll just park myself in Gamestop while the girls do their thing.

going though my SPAM today.. Seems half price book had 50% off all CLEARANCE stuff last weekend

i did pick up 2 psp games today for 2.00 each

they did have

madden 2008 ps2 no book
tekken 4 ps2 complete
summoner 1 and 2 complete
digimon world 4 complete xbox

all for each...

they did have about 20 xbox games 10 ps2 games and 3 cube games for 2 each (no more psp games i picked up th eonly 2)

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice and fifa world cup germany 2006 (both for PSP both for 2 each) Very nice

I dropped by HPB during that sale. I picked up one book on clearance. I probably could have checked the clearance CDs, but didn't feel like it. I do take a look at their games, but they don't usually have much that interests me.

[quote name='erehwon']I dropped by HPB during that sale. I picked up one book on clearance. I probably could have checked the clearance CDs, but didn't feel like it. I do take a look at their games, but they don't usually have much that interests me.[/QUOTE]

wonder if the video games were on sale.. i probally would of grabbed all of the ps2 and gamecube games for 1.00 each.... 2 is too much for most of them but a buck would of kicked ass..

would just tossed them up here for trade bonuses

HPB is a zoo any time there's a sale. I can only imagine what that clearance sale was like. My old store, we'd have people who would stop in two or three times a week and pour over the clearance with their lists. Ugh. Glad I missed that.

Hey ipfw's Was just looking to get a copy of win xp/visita and/or a copy of office. I know they offer the academic versions. If anyone can help me out please pm me. Thanks.

ipfw has changed their rules and its harder to get the softwere now... and most of the times they have no clue what the hell they are talking about.. i signed up for a class last spring and was told this 40 buck package (had msft office , word excell ect in it) was all i needed for the

DREAMWEAVER class i was taking

well they had 1 used book left for 70 (new was over 100) so i got my book early..

6 week later when the classes was to start they go... You need this program for 400 bucks for the class

so they mostly screwed me over and now im stuck with a book i paid 70 for (They offered me 10 bucks this summer for it)

XP is a deadend now. No more support from MS. See if you can still sign up for a Beta Key for Windows 7. I'll work for until March, but you'll have to buy a copy before it runs out.

Otherwise, look for a System Builder / OEM copy of Vista with the upgrade coupon. It'll be about $99.

Did that Gamestop open at Clay Terrace?

I was hit up Half Price Books for the 50% off clearance sale. Found a few graphic novels for 50 cents and a bunch of baby books for 50 cents each. Grabbed a couple halfway decent DVDs for $1.00 each. They kept putting out boxes of fresh $2 DVDs when I was there. Much better DVDs than the crap they normally have on clearance. Lots of stuff that Blockbuster has for $5-12 used.

[quote name='Rictor']Did that Gamestop open at Clay Terrace?[/QUOTE]

I've driven by the GS in Clay Terrace a few times, but haven't gone in. It looks like it is open.

[quote name='slidecage']going though my SPAM today.. Seems half price book had 50% off all CLEARANCE stuff last weekend

they did have about 20 xbox games 10 ps2 games and 3 cube games for 2 each (no more psp games i picked up th eonly 2)

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice and fifa world cup germany 2006 (both for PSP both for 2 each) Very nice[/QUOTE]

Where is half price book located? Fort Wayne?

Also Bluffton BlockBuster got in a huge restock from local stores for a Gears of War challenge they had going on, If anyone wants to take advantage of the B1G1 bluffton is the place to check, I spent all I can afford and there were still tons of good personal picks/flips left as of noon today.

bread's done
Back