Indiana Deals Thread

not a deal BUT did PUTT PUTT in fort wayne go belly up..

Went past monday morning and noticed they were ripping up the golf course and notice arcade machines for sale on the sign

[quote name='slidecage']not a deal BUT did PUTT PUTT in fort wayne go belly up..

Went past monday morning and noticed they were ripping up the golf course and notice arcade machines for sale on the sign[/QUOTE]
That's too bad. It's also too bad that I don't have much money and no space. If I had those, I would be tempted to pick up an arcade cabinet.

had to go out to the pet shop tonight past putt putt..

Looks like they put up a new fence and did something to one of the courses (pushed it back or something) they are still opened (they must be looking to dump off some of their older video games or something) I havent went in there in years.. i know back in the early 90s it was ran by a family (used to go to school with one of their kids)

dont know if the same family owns it or not

indy cags

few questions

is there a true imax theater in the indy area? When I say true I don't just mean they have a IMAX sign out front I mean the extended and curved screen thats a min of 5 stories tall ?(the were the original requirements of an imax theater, it has since been given far to much duming down and leway...)

If so which is the best one in the area as I plan on being that way shortly and wanted to see avatar in the best possible view.

If not then which is the best sudo imax theater in indy?

Thanks for any and all help you can offer in this area.

[quote name='floormat']indy cags

few questions

is there a true imax theater in the indy area? When I say true I don't just mean they have a IMAX sign out front I mean the extended and curved screen thats a min of 5 stories tall ?(the were the original requirements of an imax theater, it has since been given far to much duming down and leway...)

If so which is the best one in the area as I plan on being that way shortly and wanted to see avatar in the best possible view.

If not then which is the best sudo imax theater in indy?

Thanks for any and all help you can offer in this area.[/QUOTE]The ginormous IMAX screen that you're looking for, they have at the Indiana State Museum downtown, but I don't think they're screening Avatar there. There's another IMAX screen, but it's smaller than the museum's and is located on US-31, just north of I-465. It's part of the Kerasotes Theaters.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']The ginormous IMAX screen that you're looking for, they have at the Indiana State Museum downtown, but I don't think they're screening Avatar there. There's another IMAX screen, but it's smaller than the museum's and is located on US-31, just north of I-465. It's part of the Kerasotes Theaters.[/QUOTE]

The Kerasotes one is fairly large, but the State Museum is massive. There is also a new IMAX theater in Nobelsville just off I69. I havent been to see its size.

I watched Avatar in Noblesville at Hamilton Town Center. The theater is superior the Kerasotes one, but they are both nice. They are the only theater that has Avatar playing in Imax 3D, I believe.

Hey guys, long time no see haha. Haven't had much money and when I don't have much money I never logged on here because some of the deals would be too tempting lol. :p But I have a request so hopefully you guys can help. I'm looking for region free Xbox 360 games that are online (or local if you know any). I noticed play-asia.com had 2 jap 360 games that were region free but want roughly $72 which is way more than I am hoping to spend. The only 2 games I found were:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-3j1d.html

and

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-3cq6.html

If anyone could find other region free games, or those 2 for a cheaper price, please let me know. Thanks!! :)

EVERYONE IN fort wayne

Blockbuster on coldwater road is CLOSING ... they are to reopen tomorrow at 1pm with prices on everything ... 10 to 30% off everything in store... really didnt see anything i wanted today till they drop to 50% or more

They mark the prices up to full retail before they start marking them down, so when the Blockbuster near my house went out, prices actually went up across the board. The store sold out of just about everything around 50% off, which was still more than what most stuff cost BEFORE they raised prices for the liquidation. Liquidators suck.

[quote name='Rictor']They mark the prices up to full retail before they start marking them down, so when the Blockbuster near my house went out, prices actually went up across the board. The store sold out of just about everything around 50% off, which was still more than what most stuff cost BEFORE they raised prices for the liquidation. Liquidators suck.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Liquidators are brilliant, customers shopping at liquidation sales on the other hand...

HEADS UP TO EVERYONE IN FORT WAYNE... Maybe other places

Starting tomorrow APRIL 6... Family video will be renting

ALL NEW RELEASE DVDS for 1.00 for 5 nights

NO word if Video game rental price is coming down...

they said they dont know how long it will last.... if you ask me they are taking a MAJOR HIT

Go in TUesday rent 5 dvds for 5 bucks and keep them till sunday

Normally those 5 dvds would fetch them 90 bucks before and now they are only getting 5...

That is a major lost

SO IF YOU WANT A NEW RELEASE MOVIE you better get there Tomorrow (tuesday) cause most if not ALL movies will be gone till sunday come tuesday night

Super Target in Fishers on 116th and Lantern Road still has a collectors edition of Bioshock 2 for $99.99.

[quote name='karubah']Super Target in Fishers on 116th and Lantern Road still has a collectors edition of Bioshock 2 for $99.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude. I'm about 15 min away from that location.

[quote name='robertmto']anybody in Indiana play Madden or NBA2K10 for money??[/QUOTE]

you mean like someone would have to pay you to play those? The last good football game I played was either tecmo super bowl, Cyberball or Joe Montana 93. Last good basketball would be arch rivals...

Yes I am trying to be snarky humorous =P

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if any of you guys noticed, but DCBS moved to a location right by the Dupont License Branch. I hadn't been there in a while, so I didn't know that they had moved from their place off Coldwater.

Anyone local into arcade stuff? I bought a Street Fighter II cabinet locally a few weeks ago. Looks like there are some decent deals on arcade stuff on ebay and CL locally.

[quote name='arbiter']Anyone local into arcade stuff? I bought a Street Fighter II cabinet locally a few weeks ago. Looks like there are some decent deals on arcade stuff on ebay and CL locally.[/QUOTE]
That's something I'd like to get into someday, but sadly lack the funds or the space. I'd like to get a Neo Geo Cab and a pinball machine at least. I saw a Terminator 2 pinball machine I really liked online somewhere, as well as a Dr. Who one.

You might look into building a mini cabinet or a Super Gun (consolized arcade guts). You can get a NG MVS board on ebay for about $100-150 bucks, then it's just wiring it to controls and a video output.

Of course most NG stuff is getting scarce these days, you could just get a nice arcade controller and use emulators.

thanks for the feedback. I grabbed one at the West Carmel BB. No need for manager interaction, the cashier knew how to ring up both coupons together.

know its been answered but got one in fort wayne apple glen best buy. the cashier wouldn't do it but the service desk said that the best buy reward zone is seperate and had no issues...

I picked up a Retro Duo (combo NES / SNES system) off Amazon this week, I have to say I'm pretty impressed, will def want to get a few original SNES controllers to replace the ones that came with it, but they are playable, just too light.

I need to beef back up my SNES library, lost a bunch of carts at my parents house, and haven't had a system to play them on, so I never replaced them.

The last time I checked. The target on west 38th street has a collector's edition of bioshock 2.

Not really a problem, tho I find that the standard license plates really stand out so I went with the supporting the arts one. Now if only I could remember how to change my location on my profile...

SI

okay, not a deal, but a question to my fellow IN CAGs. Has the selection of games in the clearance section of Target dried up since the new cases were put in place for anyone else?

[quote name='ObiBen']okay, not a deal, but a question to my fellow IN CAGs. Has the selection of games in the clearance section of Target dried up since the new cases were put in place for anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Both the Southport and Greenwood Targets have been pretty much clearance game free with the exception of a single copy of Your in the Movies w/ camera (sighted last Sat. at the Greenwood location) and a couple of psp titles that were so unremarkable that I don't even remember exactly what they were (I'm pretty sure they were either sports or licensed kid movie related). I haven't trekked further north to check out any of the other Indy metro Targets.

Target has been weak on the clearance deals since they stopped overstocking everything. They're ordering a lot less video games these days and selling out of stuff.

I still found a Beatles Rock Band earlier this year for 75% off for PS3 though. I have better luck finding clearance deals on clothes and toys there. Picked up a lot of 75% off baby clothes for my daughter in the last couple weeks. Basically new clothes at garage sale prices.

Hey all. Going to Conseco field house for video games live tonight. Have never been there before so not sure of the layout or anything. Whats the best, safest, cheapest etc.. place to park for events there? Anything special to consider? Coming from Fort Wayne in case that would some how make a difference. Thanks for any and all help.

Circle Center mall parking is the cheapest. The first 4 hours is only $1.50, though at times they enforce events parking rates, but since you'll probably get there well before 7pm while the mall's still open they usually won't be able to tell. If you park in the Nordstrom entrance (off of Georgia street across from the Hooters), it's only a block from Conseco.

There's also a parking garage right across from Conseco on the east side coming down Delaware Street, but that goes for about $10 I think. Good thing is you just take a bridge and you're right there in Conseco.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Circle Center mall parking is the cheapest. The first 4 hours is only $1.50, though at times they enforce events parking rates, but since you'll probably get there well before 7pm while the mall's still open they usually won't be able to tell. If you park in the Nordstrom entrance (off of Georgia street across from the Hooters), it's only a block from Conseco.

There's also a parking garage right across from Conseco on the east side coming down Delaware Street, but that goes for about $10 I think. Good thing is you just take a bridge and you're right there in Conseco.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. Parked at the Circle center lot was there just shy of 5 hours cost 3 dollars. Prob saved near 10 bucks if not more. Thats the good news. Bad news is we had front row seats and they put boom camera stand right in front of our seats. Blocked most of the screens and stage... They said all they could do is seat us back somewhere if we wanted. arghhhh But thanks again for the great tip on parking.

[quote name='Rictor']Saw these video game collectibles on Indianapolis Craigslist. Nothing I need, but some good deals in there for $2 a pop.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/vgm/1856216246.html
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/vgm/1856214478.html

I'd probably buy the bobble heads if I saw them at a garage sale, but don't feel like driving to pick up just that.[/QUOTE]

This guy dropped his price to $1 an item and added a bunch more stuff, so I couldn't resist. Drove to his apt. on the south side and bought 23 items for $23. He used to be a manager at Gamestop, so he had all the Gamestop freebies/bonus items/t-shirts/etc. you could want. I grabbed the bobble heads, 2 sealed Warcraft hardcover books, a bunch of sealed Spawn toys, sealed deck of Jay & Silent Bob playing cards, some trade paper backs, DVDs, etc. for $1 a pop.

He had a lot of stuff I didn't need and a bunch of comic books.

He still has an ad up:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/vgm/1885618456.html
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/clt/1885599925.html

Sad Blockbuster finds at the Buy 1 Get 1 this time around. I don't think anyone trades in games to BB anymore. I miss the good old days of hundreds of games to choose from.

Also noticed more closings as I drove around. I think about 5 of the stores I used to frequent in the Indy area are gone now.

Anyone looking for local trades in Ft. Wayne?
I have an old Acer Travelmate C110 tablet. Battery is bad, but notebook is fine.
Also a PNY Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB.

If you're interested in either shoot me a PM and let me know what kind of stuff you may have to trade.

block buster become impossible to use. three stores within a few miles in any direction of me closed all ready. the one left open on 135 never has anything worthwile anyways so wasted gas

Just stopping by this old thread I use to spend lots of time in (before I left the state of Indiana).

[quote name='JP']I hope you like the color blue, otherwise you will want to poke out your eyes in the upcoming months.[/QUOTE]So true. When I went back to Indiana to go to my sister's wedding (in Indy), there was blue all over the place. I'm so use to see purple and black around instead (which I prefer since I'm a Ravens fan). One reason I'm glad to be out of the state, but I do miss having Fry's Electronics.

[quote name='sterlingice']Not really a problem, tho I find that the standard license plates really stand out so I went with the supporting the arts one. Now if only I could remember how to change my location on my profile...

SI[/QUOTE]I had an Indiana plate for years. Never had to deal with the BMV on switching to an Indiana plate (got all my IDs and plates in IN). I did have to transfer my IN plate and ID to Maryland over a year ago. Shockingly it wasn't bad, but very expensive to do (cost me over $400 when you add vehicle inspection, ID price (2X more than Indiana), tag prices, etc. (but MD is renew your plate every 2 years instead of 1).

[quote name='Rictor']Target has been weak on the clearance deals since they stopped overstocking everything. They're ordering a lot less video games these days and selling out of stuff.
[/QUOTE]I noticed that especially when I came back home to Fort Wayne in July. Around MD, I can find occasional clearance games, but not all that many Most I find are crappy Wii games, PS2 games, or a PSP/DS game no one wants.

bread's done
Back