Indie Face Kick Bundle - 2 Days Left + New Game (8 Games + Steam Keys + Charity)

speedwerd

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Bridge It, has been added to all bundles (new and purchased in the past).
2 DAYS LEFT!

[youtube]z_AMnQOqrNM[/youtube]

Indie Face Kick Bundle

Link: http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/

Preview Of The Bundle:
[youtube]Ij_j7IomPbE[/youtube]

Games in the bundle:

They currently are offering 2 bundles:

IFK Wham Bam Bundle:

• 8 Games Above w/ Steam Keys
  • Bridge-It
  • The latest album from FreddeGredde
  • 20% of profits goes to charity
  • Price: $10.00
IFK Wham Bam Pow!:

• Everything above (8 Games/Steam Keys/Music Album)
  • Bridge-It
  • Limited Edition IFK T-Shirt
  • Price: $20.00
Preview of what the shirts may look like:
Style 1:
J8nig.png

Style 2:
UmL1J.png

Charity (20% of profits are going towards): Charity Water

The Email which will contain the keys will be sent to your paypal email.
ALSO, please try and avoid using AOL and Comcast email address as it seems AOL emails bounce on their servers. Try and use either gmail/hotmail/yahoo.

If you encounter any problems, head to the main site and email
the active user on "duty" (bottom right of page) or try and join their steam chat group to settle your issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read enough about these guys to make the decision to avoid them. Maybe I'll change my mind if their next offering is a LOT more appealing but... meh. They just strike me as some random internet schmucks who contacted a (crappy) publisher in Meridian 4 and had them schlep some of their games into a bundle (some unbeknown to the developers). Might as well just make a Cheap Ass Gamer Indie Bundle.

[quote name='Mooby']Read enough about these guys to make the decision to avoid them. Maybe I'll change my mind if their next offering is a LOT more appealing but... meh. They just strike me as some random internet schmucks who contacted a (crappy) publisher in Meridian 4 and had them schlep some of their games into a bundle (some unbeknown to the developers). Might as well just make a Cheap Ass Gamer Indie Bundle.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea, actually ;)

I know there is a lot of hatred towards the people who made this bundle but I decided to post an update for the people who actually bought it, the few lol.

Since the last posts, they have added what the shirts will look like if you decided to go the $16 dollar route to get one.

They also listed the charity they are donating 20% of the profits towards.

The bundle is set to launch on this Sunday @ 8PM EST, so people who preordered the bundle will get it tomorrow @ 8PM EST.

Also remember the bundle goes up from 8 to 10 dollars when it launches so if anyway is interested or debating about getting it, better make a decision before it launches.

Anyway all new info is on the OP (shirts/charity/release dates)

Nice job, speedwerd, but there's an error in the OP: March 25th is listed twice.

Also, $1 per game + charity is awesome. Haters gon' hate.

[quote name='speedwerd']They also listed the charity they are donating 20% of the profits towards.[/QUOTE]

I'd 'love' to see proof that they actually donate that money to charity.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Anyone get their keys? Nothing here.[/QUOTE]

Its an hour in according to their site...but don't you just expect this one to get messed up.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Its an hour in according to their site...but don't you just expect this one to get messed up.[/QUOTE]
Yes I do.

So I'm kind of lost right now. I didn't preorder so wondering if you guys got your keys?
They say on their site:
Email will be sent to your paypal email a day before the bundle is launched for pre-order early access
Which translates to, you pre-order, you get it a day early.

Well I checked their twitter feed and I'm just perplexed. Right now, there are 22 hours left until the bundle goes live. So that means roughly 2 hours ago you should have received an email. But their most recent tweet, which was 6 hours ago, states:
Less than 24 hours before pre-orders get their keys and we launch. Be ready everyone!
Less than 24 hours until pre-orders get their keys? So roughly 4 hours before the bundle goes live, you get your keys??? Because 6 hours plus 22 hours (as of right now), the tweet was posted when there was 28 hours/1 day and 6 hours until the bundle goes live.

The only logical thing I can make of this is the email they send to your paypal contains downloads to the games in the bundle, but not the steam keys. Which the steam keys will come 4 hours before the bundle launches??

Am I over thinking this??? :drool:

Also if any of you have email trouble, don't forget to shoot an email to them at:

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Just curious, did anyone get anything? Before I send them an e-mail I'd like to know if it's just me.[/QUOTE]

I think they pushed it back a day (go figure). Preorders were supposed to get keys today I believe...and now from what I have seen its tomorrow

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I think they pushed it back a day (go figure). Preorders were supposed to get keys today I believe...and now from what I have seen its tomorrow[/QUOTE] fuck

[quote name='Lint21']They could certainly be more clear about when preorders get keys :([/QUOTE]

This is from their steam group

Keys will go out in around 8 hours from now for pre-orders.
posted by NrN @ 11:36PM on March 24, 2012
Greed: Black Border will go out monday, as there is a steam issue with the keys currently. So your first 7 games will arrive to your paypal email. If you used AOL it will block our emails, come into chat or email us in this case!

LOL already an issue with a key...notice that its a steam issue not a indie face kick issue..weird that Indie Gala had no problems with the same game.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']This is from their steam group

Keys will go out in around 8 hours from now for pre-orders.
posted by NrN @ 11:36PM on March 24, 2012
Greed: Black Border will go out monday, as there is a steam issue with the keys currently. So your first 7 games will arrive to your paypal email. If you used AOL it will block our emails, come into chat or email us in this case!

LOL already an issue with a key...notice that its a steam issue not a indie face kick issue..weird that Indie Gala had no problems with the same game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I had no problems registering the Greed Black Border key from Steam (that I obtained from Indie Gala). Playing the actual game however is a different story. The game runs at half the FPS that it should, and refuses to launch with hardware vertex processing (I have to use software) on my computer. I'm guessing that's what causes the game to have performances issues for me.

The stench of self-righteousness is almost too much to take.

This is a great deal, if anyone is worried about whether or not it is legit, wait for it to launch and if everything looks fine, then order.

I wish I could somehow see how many people who are evangelizing about this will then turn around and order a bundle in a week's time.

I really regret preordering this.

1. Preordered even though it felt like a cash grab, wanted to save 20% and didn't know how long I would have to decide.
2. CD Key Reseller mini-scandal blows up. Representatives of GATT threaten to sue, kick customers from chat, act unprofessionally in general.
3. Launch is eventually announced with a two-week wait after I preordered.
4. Preorders are announced to get keys one day before official launch. 3.5 hours after keys were expected, availability is moved to 4:30AM PST.
5. One of the game keys won't be available at launch, instead being promised for the day after launch.

I assume putting on a bundle is a lot of work. I hope these guys pull it together and make this bundle into something positive after all the PR hits they've taken. But they need to stop acting like clowns.

[quote name='Das_Regal']The stench of self-righteousness is almost too much to take.

This is a great deal, if anyone is worried about whether or not it is legit, wait for it to launch and if everything looks fine, then order.

I wish I could somehow see how many people who are evangelizing about this will then turn around and order a bundle in a week's time.[/QUOTE]

You're hardcore, dude.

[quote name='Das_Regal']The stench of self-righteousness is almost too much to take.

I wish I could somehow see how many people who are evangelizing about this will then turn around and order a bundle in a week's time.[/QUOTE]

Nobody ever was disputing if it was legitimate, its just organized by a bunch of shady douchers.

Well I got my keys and registered them and nothing blew up, nobody ran out of town with my money and the world didn't end.

When I click the link I get the keys in one long line all jumbled together. Any chance this is a glitch and they'll be separated and identified later? Anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='kingtopher']When I click the link I get the keys in one long line all jumbled together. Any chance this is a glitch and they'll be separated and identified later? Anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

Well, that seemed to resolve itself and it looks fine now. Unfortunately, all of my keys are invalid on Steam. Ugh.

I got my email and my keys minutes ago:

Thank you for pre-ordering the Indie Face Kick Bundle! You can grab your
steam keys below:

IFK Bundle URL:
http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/index.php/kaboom/keys?txn_idXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please keep this email for reference and to retrieve your steam keys in
case you lose them.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any enquiries and
we will try to sort it out.
We thank you again for supporting theIndie Face Kick Bundle

Best Regards,
The Indie Face Kick Team

All my keys are valid and are being activated as I speak.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4318/indiefacekickbundlepreo.jpg
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4318/indiefacekickbundlepreo.jpg

[quote name='Motoki']Well I got my keys and registered them and nothing blew up, nobody ran out of town with my money and the world didn't end.[/QUOTE]

Got my keys too, only when I registered, my inventory blew up with six guest passes for Booster Trooper.

Still haven't gotten anything but evidently they cannot send e-mail to AOL accounts. I made a Hotmail account and sent them a message so hopefully that will work.

Edit: They got back to me within 15 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just posting to tell people that the pre-order phase is over and that the bundle is now live.
The prices have gone up to 10 dollars for the basic bundle and 20 dollars for the t-shirt bundle. Also it seems they are having trouble with people using AOL emails so try and use Gmail/Hotmail as your Paypal Email.
Anyway the OP is updated.

I'm looking to buy Avencast, Dead Horde, and Still Life 2 from this bundle, so if anyone has those and doesn't want them, let me know. I have PayPal. :)

What's the consensus on this? Worth $10? I'm kind of iffy. $2/each is no problem, at all. But, honestly, I don't really think any of these look worth $2. Is that terrible?

I might end up doing it just for the sake of funding the cause, though.

[quote name='mattcube64']What's the consensus on this? Worth $10? I'm kind of iffy. $2/each is no problem, at all. But, honestly, I don't really think any of these look worth $2. Is that terrible?

I might end up doing it just for the sake of funding the cause, though.[/QUOTE]

Where does $2/each come from? It's 8 games, which is $1.25 each.

Anyway, even if it was $2 per game, I think it's still value for money. There are a couple of quite good games in there, plus some that you might like if you try them. It's just not silly cheap like if you paid $1 for $80 worth of games on a Humble Bundle.

Worth noting again, though, that there is some overlap with other bundles here. Greed Black Border is in Indie Gala right now, and Sol Survivor is supposedly in the next Groupees bundle.

[quote name='Lint21']Where does $2/each come from? It's 8 games, which is $1.25 each.

Anyway, even if it was $2 per game, I think it's still value for money. There are a couple of quite good games in there, plus some that you might like if you try them. It's just not silly cheap like if you paid $1 for $80 worth of games on a Humble Bundle.

Worth noting again, though, that there is some overlap with other bundles here. Greed Black Border is in Indie Gala right now, and Sol Survivor is supposedly in the next Groupees bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm a dumby. I looked at this thread the other day and thought I remembered there being 5 unique games. Seems that I somehow forgot it was actually eight.

Thanks for clearing that up. Eh, that makes it a bit better of a deal; and I have wanted to give Still Life 2 a shot. I think I might go for it.

All these IndieBundles, while GREAT deals, are just killing my budget for new releases ;p I refuse to be an asshole and drop just a dollar toward those "pay what you want" deals, and so each of these is costing me $10 or so. A great deal, for sure. But there seems to be a new Indie Bundle every other week.

Did anyone get the Greed Black Border key yet from this bundle? It said they were getting them in Monday but it still hasn't shown up on my key page.

[quote name='LurkerLito']Did anyone get the Greed Black Border key yet from this bundle? It said they were getting them in Monday but it still hasn't shown up on my key page.[/QUOTE]

Go figure

[quote name='LurkerLito']Did anyone get the Greed Black Border key yet from this bundle? It said they were getting them in Monday but it still hasn't shown up on my key page.[/QUOTE]

No, nothing :(

The publisher themselves (Meridian 4) has confirmed that Greed the Black Border will be in this bundle so I am sure it will get added sooner or later.

Considering all things that went on with Groupees I would say this sort of thing is not unprecedented and not a huge cause for concern (in spite of snide remarks that people can't seem to help inserting) but it probably wouldn't hurt to contact their support either.

mitsuki@gamingallthetime.com is the contact person for support.

[quote name='Motoki']The publisher themselves (Meridian 4) has confirmed that Greed the Black Border will be in this bundle so I am sure it will get added sooner or later.

Considering all things that went on with Groupees I would say this sort of thing is not unprecedented and not a huge cause for concern (in spite of snide remarks that people can't seem to help inserting) but it probably wouldn't hurt to contact their support either.

mitsuki@gamingallthetime.com is the contact person for support.[/QUOTE]

Indie gala had no issues with their greed keys. Just sayin.

bread's done
Back