IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have so bought this if the charity was "Doctors without Borders"....ah well..

If you want to try them (Star Nomad and the Ninja Girl BTA offering) for free and you have an Androideka phone, you can download them for free at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Halfgeek+Studios

EDIT: Mini Star Nomad review: Fly your ship around, buy low/sell high, take on missions for money, pimp out your ship. A tablet/phone based riff on Privateer (with a top-down perspective). Virtually unplayable on a 5in screen. Has a lot of text you have to read, some of which is readable (missions, star map, etc), other text such as buying things from the shipyard, merchants, etc. appears to be in about 1.1pt font on my Galaxy S4 screen. I believe those merchant/shipyard/etc. screens would be more readable (even with the small font) if the text was not white-outlined-with-black on an off-white background. Make the background color that the text sits on much darker to increase contrast and I'll take another look. Will revisit when it shows up in a bundle (tempted to toss a dolla its way at IGS, but whenever I do dat, it shows up in a bundle next week...so pass for now)

I notice you didn't mention their Flappy Sperm game. You were going to keep that one all to yourself weren't you? Hmmm?
I didn't mention it because I found it personally offensive, I'm not sure how they found out about the flappyness of "my boys", but I WILL get to the bottom of it!

I didn't mention it because I found it personally offensive, I'm not sure how they found out about the flappyness of "my boys", but I WILL get to the bottom of it!
I have no idea whether "your boys" are Flappy or not...

But if they ARE Flappy, then its in your hands. Truly.

Mine is not too bad, 42 is acceptable.

EDIT: Mini Star Nomad review: Fly your ship around, buy low/sell high, take on missions for money, pimp out your ship. A tablet/phone based riff on Privateer (with a top-down perspective). Virtually unplayable on a 5in screen. Has a lot of text you have to read, some of which is readable (missions, star map, etc), other text such as buying things from the shipyard, merchants, etc. appears to be in about 1.1pt font on my Galaxy S4 screen. I believe those merchant/shipyard/etc. screens would be more readable (even with the small font) if the text was not white-outlined-with-black on an off-white background. Make the background color that the text sits on much darker to increase contrast and I'll take another look. Will revisit when it shows up in a bundle (tempted to toss a dolla its way at IGS, but whenever I do dat, it shows up in a bundle next week...so pass for now)
Thanks for the feedback, I had a lot of beta testers (recruited via Reddit) on Android, they managed ok on 5" devices but you are right. The game is designed for a larger screen on PC & tablets, i struggled with it to be optimal for small mobiles.

I will change out the font, as well as making it larger in the next update. Its just I got to be careful when messing with font code else it throws everything out of wack due to scaling!

It is meant to be my own interpretation of a top-down privateer, its my favorite space sim. Personally, I think my story line homage to classic scifi of the 80s/90s (dune, blade runner, johnny mnemonic etc) as well as WW2 references are more involved and deeper, but hey, I am biased. ;) Also, its got space mining, finally!

ps. I've messaged you regarding the IGS deal issue you had.

Thanks for the feedback, I had a lot of beta testers (recruited via Reddit) on Android, they managed ok on 5" devices but you are right. The game is designed for a larger screen on PC & tablets, i struggled with it to be optimal for small mobiles.

I will change out the font, as well as making it larger in the next update. Its just I got to be careful when messing with font code else it throws everything out of wack due to scaling!

It is meant to be my own interpretation of a top-down privateer, its my favorite space sim. Personally, I think my story line is more involved and deeper, but hey, I am biased. ;) Also, its got space mining, finally!

ps. I've messaged you regarding the IGS deal issue you had.
Yeah, you do have a zoom feature which is helpful, but I think that the "buy/sell screens" are overlays? So even if I "zoom" it zooms my ship, immediate area, etc, but not the overlay. If it zoomed the overlay, also, that would probably go a long way to help readability.

I completely get what you are saying regarding font layout, I think increased contrast between the "buy/sell" menu text and the menu background they are on would be a good first thing to try, I notice I have less of an issue with the some of the text on a darker background.

I do think on a 7"+ tablet (maybe even a Galaxy Note 6-ish inch) I would probably be ok...So I'm not exactly working with an optimal screen size for this particular app.

All the UI are indeed overlays.

I'll see if i can make the shop font to be the same as the NPC comms font, since that is larger, with more contrast. Also could make the menu BG darker to contrast more too. Thanks.

That looks really neat.  I was considering grabbing it until I saw that I already had it from the Flying Greenlight Bundle 2.

You know, that actually looks kind of interesting. It's different, anyway. I'm so sick of the frickin' retro platformers.

Though I think I'm gonna hold off for a bit to see if Desura keys are forthcoming.

I kind of want this....I think it's only been in a Flying Bundle and I feel it will get bundled somewhere...likely an Indiegala Every Monday bundle or sometimes Friday or a Groupees Tuesday one....I love card games and I hope it's good at least.

It has been bundled. It's a decent game as well....I may have an extra key...you can have if you want just PM me if you want it.

Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENF1xCELzQA

BTA: Letter Quest Soundtrack (FLAC/MP3)

Steam keys added today, before release. Impressive.

This Letter Quest looks kind of cute but eh....looks like a mobile game...possibly too simple for me.
No way. You die in this game, you die in real life.

Yury is offered on Steam, Desura, and as a download (W,M,L).  They would probably get a few more sales if they showed this info on the front page!

Obludia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGO37_Peu_E

BTA: Click!, Defender: Fight for Earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LffCFVXRYms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9EYy-0fsYY
  • Available platforms: Windows
  • Redeem this game on ($1 min.): Desura, Steam
  • Featured Charity: Child's Play Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done