IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting. I like the art. I bought it on the off chance it might be one of those oddball games that doesn't get rebundled before it releases on Steam even though it will probably be in like 8 more Groupees and Gala and bundles and I'll be all priceisrightlosinghorn and all that.

This game kind of looks like Bushido Blade.....not too sure though. Looks decent though....and I want another Bushido Blade someday! That series died too quickly.

This game kind of looks like Bushido Blade.....not too sure though. Looks decent though....and I want another Bushido Blade someday! That series died too quickly.
Supposedly the Kengo series on PS2 and 360 is a spiritual successor made by the same development team. I only just learned that it existed a few days ago, myself.

Anyway, I've actually heard about this game before, and I'm sort of interested, but dat "charity."

Supposedly the Kengo series on PS2 and 360 is a spiritual successor made by the same development team. I only just learned that it existed a few days ago, myself.

Anyway, I've actually heard about this game before, and I'm sort of interested, but dat "charity."
Kengo looked nicer than the Bushido Blade games (next generation of consoles), but didn't have that same historical epic feel of the originals. While the samurai sword play was solid, overall the game felt more like a generic 1v1 fighting game filled with unlocks and opponent ladders. I was disappointed...which is why I probably will skip Kiai. Inevitably, I will compare any game that has swords to Bushido Blade, and it ruins everything for me. Hell, I can't even play a melee character in Skyrim for that reason.

I bought this one and Attack of the Labyrinth.

Just putting it out there so everyone can thank me when it's bundled.

Syke, I'm using reverse interwebs Murphy's Law psychology. I hope they never get bundled.

{But, they probably will.}

peta_protest_1_2_jpg_imgmax_800.jpg

I prefer boneless skinless.

I've never seen PETA served like this in the stores around me, so I guess I'll just have to wait til they show up in my grocers meat department....I do have the fava beans and a nice chianti all ready....
We have these at work. They are even drier than kangaroo meat plus you can not prepare them medium rare for fear of picking up some incurable disease. Maybe if the Peta people ate meat, they would taste better.

Well they had 4 in a row AFAIK not before bundled games and I actually bought all of them except the KISS one because KISS? LOL, so I guess they had to break their streak.

And yes I did buy the pixel mold growing simulator. Don't judge!

New IGS game is up. 

Boot Hill Heroes - DRM Free/Steam - $1

BTA for the Hangman's Ballad DLC (previously free)

This game was basically the standout of the IR Fenlon Bundle, so if you skipped that bundle, here's your shot. Not terrible for $1.

I paid BTA and didn't get a key for the DLC. Never mind the key showed up after a few minutes. Yaaaaaaaaaay.

[quote name="Dantarp" post="12582965" timestamp="1426914121"]There's a pretty good sale going on right now:
https://indiegamestand.com/sale/index.php

I highly recommend giving the 3079/3089/4089 trilogy a try. Staying up until 5 AM playing 3079 with a friend is what got me hooked on IGS.[/quote]
Waiting for 4099 to come out, will buy? it then.

For someone who bitterly bitched about bundles and how they force him to sell his games dirt cheap [customspoiler=yadda yadda]
Then came the Humble Bundle and all its little imitators.

It was another cataclysmically disruptive event, so soon on the heels of the last. Suddenly you’ve got a massive problem on your hands. You’ve sold 40,000 games! But you’ve only made enough money to survive full-time for two weeks because you’re selling them for 10 cents each. And several hundred new customers suddenly want their computers fixing for free. And when the dust from all the bundles has settled you’re left with a market expectation of games now that means you can only sell them for a dollar. That’s how much we sell our games for. One dollar. They’re meant to be $10, but nobody buys them at $10. They buy them when a 90% discount coupon lands in their Steam inventory. We survive only by the grace of 90% coupon drops, which are of course entirely under Valve’s control. It doesn’t matter how much marketing we do now, because Valve control our drip feed.

Where does this lead us to?

You are worthless to us.
[/customspoiler] Puppy Games sure hasn't shied away from doing bundles / cheapo specials lately.

*Edit: Aaaaannndddd he's still making wonderful blog commentary I see, this time name dropping another such paragon of good indie behavior Derek Smart (he mentioned Phil Fish too because apparently that's obligatory now for his blog entries) and then went on to do another long angry rant about how hard it is to be indie dev this time comparing them to cockroaches etc etc.

Stay classy PuppyGames.

I don't know, some of them almost just seem like DLC for another game or something like the Christmas crap but who knows? It's early and the RPGMaker math is making my head hurt.

Also who knows when/if that junk will get on Steam and if he'll actually give people keys for the whole kit n caboodle if you take the crown. Not worth it for the $10 or so you'd probably have to pay to get it.

I don't know, some of them almost just seem like DLC for another game or something like the Christmas crap but who knows? It's early and the RPGMaker math is making my head hurt.

Also who knows when/if that junk will get on Steam and if he'll actually give people keys for the whole kit n caboodle if you take the crown. Not worth it for the $10 or so you'd probably have to pay to get it.
Well everyone is going to be going for the crown now that you posted about it. Thanks Motoki!

Heck yes you know I'll BTA. Honestly the games look decent enough and he should really put Stargazer as well as Dawn's Light on Steam. Steam Greenlights all RPGMaker games and not just cause i'm likely one of the few hundred that actually still votes on there.

The new deal "Daedalus" has a $2 minimum buy-in.  The checkout page doesn't reflect this, however (it still says $1 for Steam keys).  I kept getting invalid amounts until I hit the $2 threshold.

Way to go, IGS.

The new deal "Daedalus" has a $2 minimum buy-in. The checkout page doesn't reflect this, however (it still says $1 for Steam keys). I kept getting invalid amounts until I hit the $2 threshold.

Way to go, IGS.
So now they're offering Steam keys for individual games above bundle minimums?

What the actual hell are you thinking, IGS?

Also this:

Ever wanted to play Unreal tournament or Quake 3 Arena from a top down 2D perspective ?
I can honestly say this has never even crossed my mind as a thing that could possibly be wanted, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back