Indigo Prophecy (original Xbox) New, ~$8 shipped at Amazon (3rd party)

nightmare452

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Just saw this on Amazon and thought I would post it.

Indigo Prophecy for the original Xbox for $6.99. New and shipped from Amazon from a 3rd Party w/ Prime. If you have Prime, this is a good deal for the game new. Gamestop sells em used for $9.99 on their website and they aren't easy to find from what I can tell. With the release of Heavy Rain, I though some might also want to find this one, similar games.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...l?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=&sr=&seller=&colid=

For information on the game, here is Xbox.com's website link:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/i/indigoprophecy/
Its also sold on XBLM for 1200 points ($15).

Edit: Forgot to add, this game is Backwards Compatible, so it can be played on an Xbox 360.

UPDATE: From three sellers that were selling it at $6.99, at the time of this writing, now only one offers Prime and the price changed to $7.75. Still I good deal I guess.
UPDATE 2/3: Now $8.25 / now $8.53.

UPDATE (2/26/10): Ok, seems the Prime deals are dead, still some sellers are selling it for $7 or $8 something, New, but its different sellers at this point. Trying to keep the thread and title updated as much as possible, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking this yesterday as I was playing HR. They should re-make Indigo Prophecy with the Heavy Rain engine for those that missed out on it the first time.

I think IP has a better opening chapter than HR.

BTW, thanks for the info OP, but Ebay has it for about the same now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last hour is hilarious. Basically everyone you could possibly imagine shows up and says " I did it, and I'd do it again given the chance!"

[quote name='kuroi_kenshi']Terrible game. Obnoxious Simon Says gameplay and some of the worst writing I've seen in a game that takes itself so seriously. I could not believe how universally loved this one was; it felt like an inside joke that I wasn't a part of.[/QUOTE]

It's not just you. The "game" is literally nothing but Quick Time Events. I don't get the praise at all.

You're right about the quicktime events, but some of them were amazing at the time, especially that one major fight scene,,, Game also has a terrific soundtrack, and some wacky, yet fun post game character interactions... Seeing bugs dance was hilarious!

Just bought this for $7.45 from Amazon. Seems like mixed reviews in this thread but the way I figure it, I want to try this style of "game," so it's either spend less than $8.00 for this or spend $60 on Heavy Rain.

How is the backward compatibility with this game? I've played a couple original Xbox games on the 360 and they tended to be pretty glitchy, at least once to the point of not being playable. IP is one of the few Xbox games I had really wanted to play but never got the chance, so I was going to just pay for the download because I figured that was more likely to work correctly. Am I even correct in thinking that the on demand games are less glitchy? Does IP work well on the 360 even on disc?

Basically this game starts off fairly realistic... the continues a downward spiral of jumping the shark. The first couple times you're like it's ok I can work w/ this, but eventually something is going to happen to cause to you to "Seriously WTF?" It's not the same place for everybody, and I'm sure some people can make it pretty far, but eventually you realize no matter what happens the story hasn't just jumped the shark, the shark jumped the story, and then turned into a magical motorcycle made of bacon.

[quote name='ProggleRock']The first half or so is incredible, after that it just gets ridiculous and pretty much turns into the Matrix...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the gameplay is surprisingly compelling consiering it's a lot of contextual button jamming. but it's a story-driven game and the story gets eye-rollingly ridiculous near the 2/3 point.

[quote name='jrhawk42']Basically this game starts off fairly realistic... the continues a downward spiral of jumping the shark. The first couple times you're like it's ok I can work w/ this, but eventually something is going to happen to cause to you to "Seriously WTF?" It's not the same place for everybody, and I'm sure some people can make it pretty far, but eventually you realize no matter what happens the story hasn't just jumped the shark, the shark jumped the story, and then turned into a magical motorcycle made of bacon.[/QUOTE]

I turned on the story when a computer AI, that had NO prior introduction in the story, suddenly and inexplicably physically manifested itself and became my enemy. W. T. F. !

[quote name='scottman']Back in stock at amazon for $6.99.[/QUOTE]

Got it for this. I have always been wanting to play it.

I played a bit of it last night before I went to bed. It was a lot of fun, I enjoyed it. Although worried about the story falling apart like you guys are saying lol.

Grabbed a copy to play. I almost grabbed it off the marketplace but between the space it takes up and the price I declined. I'll have to play through this and then get Heavy Rain.

I still have my Sealed XBOX copy from when Circuit City was going down the toliet. I just looked at the back a few months ago and said to myself..wow this looks like Heavy Rain . LOL.

[quote name='BargainGamer']H mm, I'm not sure if I should pick this up, I don't own an Xbox it broke.[/QUOTE]

It was on the PS2 as well, although the game is just as rare on it.

FYI this is 1/2 the price of the cost of the game on the 360 Marketplace ($15 there and it will take up space on your HDD) so if you have any interest at all with this, it's a great price. (Full disclosure I have the PS2 version.)

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I turned on the story when a computer AI, that had NO prior introduction in the story, suddenly and inexplicably physically manifested itself and became my enemy. W. T. F. ![/QUOTE]

The long-rumored reason for the sudden and ubrupt change in the ending of the story is that Atari (who published this game) cut their funding and forced them to have the game out by X date so that's why things went a little crazy.

Sony has given them all the time they need with Heavy Rain. Now you can argue about the resolution of the plot and some plot points when you finish Heavy Rain, but there are no aliens/sentient AI in Heavy Rain like there were in Indigo Prophecy.

IP is still one of my top 5 most overlooked games of the last gen, right up there with Beyond Good and Evil (which also had a crazy ending,) Psychonauts, and Eternal Darkness.

bread's done
Back