Infamous 2 Hero edition - 59.99$ + free shipping code-- Gamestop Online + BM

Nice deal. Thanks OP. Been waiting for a good price on Infamous 2, this was too hard to pass up (almost bought hero edition at launch).

[quote name='breakingcustoms']figures i buy this on launch day, and the price changes on day 31...oh well[/QUOTE]

1 bag..1 figure..game..59.99+tax ... hmmm I love killzone3:he .. i dont know.. i dont need bag..

had one on hold at GS, went to BB but wouldn't PM since it was online and just went to get at GS since I had more than enough game credit. IT was sealed and fresh new. couldn't wait for PC Richard to get more

[quote name='Heavyd814life']is VSHIP still good?[/QUOTE]

As I stated on the last page, it did not work for me - said it expired May 31st. I went all the way to checkout and got charged $2.99 shipping. If it works for everyone else I'll be pissed! ;)

[quote name='onyzukae']I trust amazon..will see on sunday. . ..[/QUOTE]

The thing is amazon doesn't have anymore more copies shipped and sold by them. They are now selling from 3rd party that might tax and will include shipping.

[quote name='io']As I stated on the last page, it did not work for me - said it expired May 31st. I went all the way to checkout and got charged $2.99 shipping. If it works for everyone else I'll be pissed! ;)[/QUOTE]

Worked for me ;)

[quote name='io']As I stated on the last page, it did not work for me - said it expired May 31st. I went all the way to checkout and got charged $2.99 shipping. If it works for everyone else I'll be pissed! ;)[/QUOTE]

It didn't work for me either, one reason I went to the store instead, I just go lucky the still had one.

VSHIP worked for me...
Sub-Total: $59.99
Handling: $0.00
Tax: $3.60
Order Total: $63.59

It shipped via UPS and should be here Tuesday.

EDIT: Just tried it again and got to the payment page and it showed free S+H.

^^ When did you order it though?

I think it literally got taken down around noon-1pm Pacific today. It seems like several people bought it before that and I tried it after and it didn't work any more. (VSHIP code that is)

Edit: I dunno, now I tried it with another game and it worked. WTF!? It could be because I used a $10 off coupon with my original Infamous 2 order. But it didn't say that - it just said at the end that the coupon for VSHIP was expired.

And to top if off, mine is still pending and nowhere near shipped yet...

[quote name='io']^^ When did you order it though?

I think it literally got taken down around noon-1pm Pacific today. It seems like several people bought it before that and I tried it after and it didn't work any more. (VSHIP code that is)[/QUOTE]

I ordered it 3:30 Mountain time. About an hour ago.

I ordered it last night/this morning when this thread was first posted, but I just tried it again and on the payment page it showed free shipping.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']VSHIP worked for me...
Sub-Total: $59.99
Handling: $0.00
Tax: $3.60
Order Total: $63.59

It shipped via UPS and should be here Tuesday.

EDIT: Just tried it again and got to the payment page and it showed free S+H.[/QUOTE]

I had to pay 4.50 in taxes but free S+H after code.

Score!

2jdkj7d.jpg

Thanks OP.

I ordered just now. VSHIP worked for me. What makes it odd is that the shipping charges shows as a (-$2.99). I guess that is the webcart's way of showing you got the value shipping for free? Anyhoo, the total was just $59.99 + tax. If that somehow changes between now and after if ships, I'll just contact customer service.

Also, spoiler tag that ginormous blurry photo please. :p

arrgh, broke down and went to GS and picked up the only copy. I think I feel this deal is better than the Killzone CE deal because of content

[quote name='themidnighter23']arrgh, broke down and went to GS and picked up the only copy. I think I feel this deal is better than the Killzone CE deal because of content[/QUOTE]

i did as well. I expected the Helghast helmet to be a bit more heavier. The box itself was really light considering how big the packaging was.

I am really satisfied with the Hero Edition despite it being a total impulse.

Just picked it up. Bag is good for carrying tablets, notebooks, and small laptops. Looks very high quality. Statue looks very good, too. Can't wait to play it tonight.

How did some of you get Best Buy to price match this? It is not in the ad, only online. Please share, got some certificate in need to be used.

By the way, for those that want to get it from Best Buy along with buy 2 get 1 free promotion, depends on the store, but some of them will only let you get price match or the promotion. One or the other, but not together. Again though, it is dependent on the store/customer service.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']How did some of you get Best Buy to price match this? It is not in the ad, only online. Please share, got some certificate in need to be used.

By the way, for those that want to get it from Best Buy along with buy 2 get 1 free promotion, depends on the store, but some of them will only let you get price match or the promotion. One or the other, but not together. Again though, it is dependent on the store/customer service.[/QUOTE]

it really depends on the store. I've been able to show printouts of GS games and they matched the price

[quote name='thunder_gamer']How did some of you get Best Buy to price match this? It is not in the ad, only online. Please share, got some certificate in need to be used.

By the way, for those that want to get it from Best Buy along with buy 2 get 1 free promotion, depends on the store, but some of them will only let you get price match or the promotion. One or the other, but not together. Again though, it is dependent on the store/customer service.[/QUOTE]

I did not try to price match this deal specifically, but I had them price match Target and their own site a couple of times. They verified the prices via internet - so if you tell them GS has it for $59.99, and they verify it via GS webpage = Win!!

I bought Infamous 2 Hero Edition last night for $99.99. When I saw this thread, I later went to the same Best Buy with my original receipt to get me to price match GameStop. I told them that GameStop has permanently dropped their price down to $59.99, and told them to call the nearest Gamestop for proof. The customer service representative called them and within like 10 seconds, she price matched it. Got my difference back and now I'm a happier man with extra cash in my pocket :)

This is tempting... but inFAMOUS 2 isn't a game on my radar (I thought the first game was mediocre) and the only thing in the CE I see as "nice" is the statue (I'm not a bookbag person), but in pictures the statue doesn't even look that great and I can't say I'm a fan of Cole MacGrath. I have $96 in credit at GS so I'd get it for free... but I just can't bring myself to.

What this has done tho is making me want to wait on Uncharted 3 to see if the CE drops in a months time as well... but I'm looking so forward to that game, waiting when I know it's out there would be torture.

^ I'm on the fence about this CE too.

The messenger bag is an awesome tie-in to the game, but I'd probably never actually use it (other than displaying it somehow). Unfortunately, I just don't have the space for it (or the space for the statue either - which I haven't seen up close in person yet).

All that's left is the comic (and I probably won't buy the other issues of the comic either) and the in-game DLC (a cool character re-skin, an extra power (useful?), and some other minor content).

If this CE had included a steelbook or an art book (preferably 50+ pages), then I'd start seriously thinking about picking it up, but for now I'll probably just wait and see if it survives another price drop.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']^ I'm on the fence about this CE too.

The messenger bag is an awesome tie-in to the game, but I'd probably never actually use it (other than displaying it somehow). Unfortunately, I just don't have the space for it (or the space for the statue either - which I haven't seen up close in person yet).

All that's left is the comic (and I probably won't buy the other issues of the comic either) and the in-game DLC (a cool character re-skin, an extra power (useful?), and some other minor content).

If this CE had included a steelbook or an art book (preferably 50+ pages), then I'd start seriously thinking about picking it up, but for now I'll probably just wait and see if it survives another price drop.[/QUOTE]
The bag is awesome, but the figure is so so. Mine doesnt really "attach" to the stand and I dont see why they would make it loose. I mean it's not like I want to throw out the bottom for my own design. It has a rubbery plastic feel and doesn't scream high quality.

The comic is a joke and only like 14 pages. The DLC is actually cool if you love the game, but useless if you don't love the game.

I just recieved 2 Hero Editions in a distro tonight at work(GameStop, duh!), and saw that they printed out $59.99 prices. So, yea, with discount it was a no brainer! I'll probably just sell the bag, but the statue is sweet, I'm a whore for that kinda stuff! It's a great buy though, just sayin!

I hear the game's price-protected at $59.99 till September, so if that's the case I don't think the CE can go below $59.99 either till then.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I hear the game's price-protected at $59.99 till September, so if that's the case I don't think the CE can go below $59.99 either till then.[/QUOTE]

Looks like GS is breaking that. Regular edition looked to be a permanent drop to $49.99 in the store I was at.

[quote name='jmbreci']Looks like GS is breaking that. Regular edition looked to be a permanent drop to $49.99 in the store I was at.[/QUOTE]

Nah, its a temp sale, the MSRP is still 59.99.

[quote name='mrman1980']to all you super dudes...question regarding the super voucher....does it gets attached to a psn account or ps3?[/QUOTE]

its a code like anything else. Its on your account, it can be traded, and you got to download it to use it.

thanks for the answer so to clarify just like any dlc map pack...once its downloaded via an account on my ps3 the other account used by my cousin on the same ps3 can also access it right?

Assuming I can get it price matched, I think I'll trade in the copy of Killzone I got from the Helghast edition today towards the Hero edition. Just hope either my trade-in Best Buy has smartened up to accept "not for resale" games or the Best Buy nearest me has a better manager working. Last time I got a GameStop price match the manager called one store and said the price was online-only even though it wasn't.

[quote name='imacgod']Assuming I can get it price matched, I think I'll trade in the copy of Killzone I got from the Helghast edition today towards the Hero edition. Just hope either my trade-in Best Buy has smartened up to accept "not for resale" games or the Best Buy nearest me has a better manager working. Last time I got a GameStop price match the manager called one store and said the price was online-only even though it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

You can always try to trade in the game disc-only but if your BBY won't even accept Not For Resale games, it doesn't sound like they'd do disc-only. Some of these BBYs really gotta get their heads out of their asses, this program is new but not that damn new. They should be familiar with it by now.

Thanks, OP. Got the last one at the store here in Chandler, AZ. Had almost bought one last week at BB for $99.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of you have been waiting for an Amazon price match, they now have it in stock again. Everyone please pitch in and submit this price to Amazon to help those who want them to price match.

bread's done
Back