Interest check Nintendo Power, Gamepro and Game Informer magazines

[quote name='mistymayem']Is the lowball gone for good or are you going to do it later?[/QUOTE]

He probably isn't going to do it later.

You can always come bid in mine. I won't cancel.

Whoops starting to sound like rick.... :roll:

:D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']He probably isn't going to do it later.

You can always come bid in mine. I won't cancel.

Whoops starting to sound like rick.... :roll:

:D[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='Chainsaw_charlie']There is a good chance I'll revive it but I need to take pictures, set up paypal etc[/QUOTE]

What about those of us who were prepared to pay via money order and didnt need pictures to place bids?

[quote name='Chainsaw_charlie']I am not going on with the lowball sorry for wasting everyone's time. In the end I was way too unprepared for it[/QUOTE]See, here's the thing.

Buyers get neg feedbacked when they back out a lowball sale when they've made a valid bid. It's considered to be a binding agreement, like eBay. Backing out a lowball sale by the seller, that's not a good sign.

Now, from what I've read in the thread, people are more than willing to pay for items via money order because you didn't have a Paypal account. Setting up a Paypal account takes five minutes to do it, and a few days to wait for the bank account link to happen or instantly when hooked to a credit card or debit card.

So, the excuse of not getting Paypal seems a bit thin to me. It looks like you could have easily worked to delay the lowball, which I don't think people would have much issue with.

I think you decided that the "work" was too much, and you weren't going to make the money you expected on the lowball. The term "lowball" should give you an indication that this probably won't be a money-making operation, and that it's usually a "clean the closets" situation more than anything else.

I really suggest going back through with the lowball, or you're likely have a number of pissed-off CAGs that will be more than happy to tell other CAGs you're unreliable and not worth dealing with. Enough people talk about what you did with a canceled lowball, you're likely to have issues with people not wanting to deal with you.

[quote name='shrike4242']See, here's the thing.

Buyers get neg feedbacked when they back out a lowball sale when they've made a valid bid. It's considered to be a binding agreement, like eBay. Backing out a lowball sale by the seller, that's not a good sign. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping up with this thread, Shrike. Is there anyway to give negative feedback for backing out of holding a lowball though? Or does this become a word-of-mouth thing?

i would do a lowball but

I think most of my stuff would sell too cheap : )

im too freaking lazy to keep the bids up to date

but the biggest reason would be trying and worring that i put the right game in the right package ...

Yes its easy to sit aside each game and look at each bid but for some reason if i send out more then 3 things at a time I start to worry .... DId i put the right game in that package (even though i checked it like 3 to 4 times LOL)

[quote name='elessar123']Thanks for keeping up with this thread, Shrike. Is there anyway to give negative feedback for backing out of holding a lowball though? Or does this become a word-of-mouth thing?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone heard on whether or not we actually leave feedback?

I personally dont mind word of mouth, as the trading boards are a fairly close knit group and I personally wont be bidding here again, but setting precedent for leaving negative feedback may help prevent similar situations from occuring in the future.

It's not about reviving it or not, it's about extending and then canceling a sale that was in progress. And 308 is a mod, so look at 308!

I don't think many people will be able to "forgive and forget" when you completely cancel a sale that wasn't very well set up in the first place.

I think the big problem is that you just kept making mistake after mistake. First off, you just said LOWBALL SALE! and that was that. Then, you figured out how to do a real lowball sale, and put one sentence for rules and you shipping method probably would have taken away 90% of your lowball profits. This was extremely unprofessional, and yet people were throwing down bid after bid. I don't think a lot of the bidders will come back, as you've shown you have more important things to do that worry about a lowball sale, kind of giving people the idea that you don't really take pride in doing this.

Most of the people doing their first lowball sale really look into the workings and figure out if they can do all the work it takes to make people come back and enjoy working with you.

Hey man. I noticed you still have 999 on your trade list even though we have a deal worked out for it. Could you update and let me know when you ship? Thanks! -Jousley

bread's done
Back