iOS Jailbreak Thread

[quote name='DaFees']I'm rather new to the whole jailbreaking scene, so I was wondering is there any sort of jailbreak that lets me organize my photos in the photo app how I want them organized? I've looked at pro apps on the App Store but I am waiting for one of the ones of interest to go on sale first. I was thinking then this small but helpful tweak would be great. I have dozens of photos on my iPad and would love to better organize them so that other people who view them don't have to constantly keep rotating the device to get the right orientation for each picture.

Oh and it would be nice if this tweak/hack would let me continue to just use the stock photo app and not act as a completely separate app I must use.[/QUOTE]

Try photo organizer or Photo Albums+

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone know if there's an easy way to use a PS3 or Wiimote controller (or recommend a decent Bluetooth controller)? Considering turning our iPad 2 into a classic gaming machine.[/QUOTE]

There's a wiimote demo app that has BTStack in it. It's free and that's what you want. I just used it to play some GBA stuff this weekend successfully.

After you install it, check your settings and go to the jailbroken section. You'll see BTStack. Enable it. For GPS phone, you must be on Skin #1. Enable wiimote support and then relaunch the app. SNES EX there's just an option you click to detect wiimote devices. That'll work

I just uninstalled a bunch of stuff, because I feel like my iPhone 4 is getting slower/jerkier. I see from iCleanup that many (all?) of these hacks have a daemon that runs. Was wondering if those daemons were causing the slow down. Plus since putting it on, decided that 5 icons in the dock looks weird. Have gone back to good old 4.

[quote name='crunchewy']I just uninstalled a bunch of stuff, because I feel like my iPhone 4 is getting slower/jerkier. I see from iCleanup that many (all?) of these hacks have a daemon that runs. Was wondering if those daemons were causing the slow down. Plus since putting it on, decided that 5 icons in the dock looks weird. Have gone back to good old 4.[/QUOTE]

Those aren't daemons. They are mobile substrate addons. Yes. If you install something on the phone which performs a new function it must be accessible to the phone at all times. I haven't noticed any jerkiness or slowdown but I am on a 5. I'm sure iOS 6 alone on a 4 performs slower than previous firmware iterations (much like any mobile device in existence).

My inlaws both have a 4 and quite honestly using them is a chore compared to the 5. My kids have a 1st gen iPod touch and an iPhone 3G they play with and I avoid them at all costs.

I think it seems a bit faster since uninstalling 5 icon dock, Action Menu/Plus Pack and Screen Dimmer. But the verdict is still a little out. And, yeah, the iPhone 4 isn't a speed demon on iOS 6, but it actually performs much better with iOS 6 than it did with iOS 5. iOS 5 was terrible on the thing. 6 is way better.

What happened to SHSH Blobs? The iOS versions for which SHSH Blobs have been saved no longer appears at the top of Cydia. Is this no longer functional?

I installed f.lux and its kind of interesting, but then shortly had my first crash into safe mode since jailbreaking. I just launched TweetBot (not a Cydia app) and *boom*. It's hard to say for sure it was f.lux, but it seems suspicious. I removed it for now at least.

Still no autoprotect that's decent for ios6...well there is but it kills about 50% in just a few hours =(

Anyone know the app that changes the iphone lockscreen to the android one?

[quote name='crunchewy']What happened to SHSH Blobs? The iOS versions for which SHSH Blobs have been saved no longer appears at the top of Cydia. Is this no longer functional?[/QUOTE]

Saurik temporarily disabled the capture of blobs due to heavy traffic on Cydia. He will re-enable it once traffic slows down and becomes manageable. He does this when traffic spikes are too much to handle. Being this is the largest influx of jailbreakers ever, it's hard to say how long before it's re-enabled. Could always try using tinyumbrella. I'm trying the latest version now and other than my iPhone 5, everything is still saving per usual (albeit they are saving 6.0 not 6.1 but I'm sure it'll grab those eventually).

[quote name='crunchewy']I installed f.lux and its kind of interesting, but then shortly had my first crash into safe mode since jailbreaking. I just launched TweetBot (not a Cydia app) and *boom*. It's hard to say for sure it was f.lux, but it seems suspicious. I removed it for now at least.[/QUOTE]

I have f.lux and tweetbot. No issues. You sure all your cydia apps/tweaks are iOS 6 compatible?

Any good message apps for iphone? My iphone can't do group messages so I was wondering if any message apps that would help me with that.

[quote name='akbeast17']Any good message apps for iphone? My iphone can't do group messages so I was wondering if any message apps that would help me with that.[/QUOTE]

You want to save a group or you just want to text several people at once? I use BiteSMS and have a 3 way conversation all the time.

Hej, jag heter Jennifer. För en längre tid nu har jag velat bli av med min tjocka kroppsfigur. Inga metoder jag hittills provade fungerade för mig. Stränga matregler, gymnastik, massage som pastas kunna stimulera viktnedgang och mängder av andra sätt. Jag undrade om det finns nagonting som jag inte har prövat hittills? acai berry
Det visade sig att jag hade utelämnat de magiska acai bär. :) Slutligen har jag träffat pa nagonting som verkligen fungerar! Jag forskade pa internet och hittade recensioner för acai berry
att kunna bestämma mig vilket medel för bantning jag ska välja: nagon sort av sockerlag, kapslar, ”shakes”, eller ett naturmedel som bestar av större mängder kaffe. Äntligen valde jag acai bär diet
att använda tabletterna AcaiBerry900. Om ni ocksa är pa samma tänkbana sasom jag förut, att det finns ingenting som kan hjälpa er till en tydlig minskning av er vikt, da ska ni absolut se webbsajten acai berry
acaiberry900.se. Det är en stralande nyhet! I mitt fall fungerade det väldigt snabbt!
mig-mag
spawarki

For people wanting a way to download files and then use/look at them I would suggest Safari Download Manager and iFile. I use both all the time.

[quote name='Malik112099']I have f.lux and tweetbot. No issues. You sure all your cydia apps/tweaks are iOS 6 compatible?[/QUOTE]

They are as far as I could tell. There must be some conflict, though. I may try f.lux again later, although to me I think I'd rather have a tool that lets you manual adjust the display, not something that works based on time of day.

And hooray for SHSH Blob saving again. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']They are as far as I could tell. There must be some conflict, though. I may try f.lux again later, although to me I think I'd rather have a tool that lets you manual adjust the display, not something that works based on time of day.

And hooray for SHSH Blob saving again. :)[/QUOTE]

f.lux uses your location and looks up sunrise/sunset and gradually adjusts the display based on that.

Yes, I get that, but I'd rather just have a slider I can move to adjust the color temperature as needed, especially since my lighting situation changes depending on where I am. Do you know of anything like that available?

[quote name='crunchewy']Yes, I get that, but I'd rather just have a slider I can move to adjust the color temperature as needed, especially since my lighting situation changes depending on where I am. Do you know of anything like that available?[/QUOTE]

Color Profiles

0NZB2wH.jpg

That one looks weird. The color profiles are just bizarre. Plus it's not free. I guess I'll wait for an update or two on f.lux and hope it doesn't conflict with anything I've got then.

[quote name='Gannikus']A lot of the apps use up the battery way too much[/QUOTE]

Yes, you install something that makes the phone do extra things in the background and the battery will be used up faster than usual.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try a restore, because the problem I have with resprings causing a series of long reboots is a real pain in the ass with something like SBSettings. Make a change like order of the icons and ... respring ... boot... boot... boot. Ouch. :( But I'm worried it won't help because some jailbreak stuff gets saved in backups. I really don't want to start with a clean slate and not restore from backup. iCleanup didn't help. Is there a tool which will clean up/remove all jailbreak stuff and start the jailbreak with a clean slate?

This problem doesn't happen on my newly jailbroken for the first time iPad 2, so I presume it's some long leftover junk causing the issues, that was saved in backups from a previous jailbreak. Not sure, though.

Speaking of which, apparently you should never ever use the "reset all settings" or "erase all content and settings" options in Settings->General->Reset. If jailbroken and you use either of those options you are screwed. You need to do a restore with iTunes. At least if I'm understanding it correctly.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try a restore, because the problem I have with resprings causing a series of long reboots is a real pain in the ass with something like SBSettings. Make a change like order of the icons and ... respring ... boot... boot... boot. Ouch. :( But I'm worried it won't help because some jailbreak stuff gets saved in backups. I really don't want to start with a clean slate and not restore from backup. iCleanup didn't help. Is there a tool which will clean up/remove all jailbreak stuff and start the jailbreak with a clean slate?

This problem doesn't happen on my newly jailbroken for the first time iPad 2, so I presume it's some long leftover junk causing the issues, that was saved in backups from a previous jailbreak. Not sure, though.

Speaking of which, apparently you should never ever use the "reset all settings" or "erase all content and settings" options in Settings->General->Reset. If jailbroken and you use either of those options you are screwed. You need to do a restore with iTunes. At least if I'm understanding it correctly.[/QUOTE]
^I did the reset all settings a few months ago and lost my jailbreak. I even left it for 15 hours until I gave up.

Unpower came out. Makes the phone chirp when you pull out the cord and aren't charging anymore.

Also, added the edgy HD slider to my lock screen. Love it.

8ZrdMz7.jpg

Does anyone here use the android lock xt? When I installed it, I wanted to KEEP my regular passcode ON, just incase my phone crashes and goes to safe mode. I messed around with the settings and it won't let me keep my passcode on DURING safe mode. And if I leave the passcode on with the androidlock, it makes me enter both passwords.

The andriod lock is pretty useless also if you have sbsettings enabled on the lockscreen

[quote name='Gannikus']Does anyone here use the android lock xt? When I installed it, I wanted to KEEP my regular passcode ON, just incase my phone crashes and goes to safe mode. I messed around with the settings and it won't let me keep my passcode on DURING safe mode. And if I leave the passcode on with the androidlock, it makes me enter both passwords.

The andriod lock is pretty useless also if you have sbsettings enabled on the lockscreen[/QUOTE]

Try Exchange Unlock.

I had another crash yesterday. There are definitely downsides to jailbreak hacks. I was originally going to just install MyWi and call it a day, but I didn't stick to it. Probably I should go back to that plan.

Trial and error is part of having a jailbreak especially with recently updated firmware. My intelliscreenX was crashing every time I cleared a notification. Turns out that BadgeClear was the culprit. The benefits outweight the downsides by far. If you are gonna get upset when springboard crashes to safe mode protecting you from something you most likely did wrong, then maybe jailbreaking isn't for you. Just be happy that it is virtually impossible to brick your device unlike almost any other mobile OS.

I do think it's worthwhile, but I am probably going to scale back. Oh, and in this case it didn't crash to safe mode, it was a straight up reboot (which on my iPhone 4, means multiple boots in a row. :( It didn't go to safe mode.

[quote name='crunchewy']I do think it's worthwhile, but I am probably going to scale back. Oh, and in this case it didn't crash to safe mode, it was a straight up reboot (which on my iPhone 4, means multiple boots in a row. :( It didn't go to safe mode.[/QUOTE]

Did you OTA update to 6.1 or through iTunes? You might want to upgrade to the newest firmware too since it is still jailbreakable.

I did an OTA update to 6.1. Is it better to upgrade via iTunes for some reason (I mean before the jailbreak - I know you can't OTA after jailbreak)? Why?

Also, if I update to 6.1.2 via iTunes, I then have to re-jailbreak, right?

[quote name='crunchewy']I did an OTA update to 6.1. Is it better to upgrade via iTunes for some reason (I mean before the jailbreak - I know you can't OTA after jailbreak)? Why?

Also, if I update to 6.1.2 via iTunes, I then have to re-jailbreak, right?[/QUOTE]

You broke rule #1 my friend. Evaders said that you need to update via iTunes otherwise you will run into issues. You need to do a backup and then restore/update via iTunes then restore to your iCloud or iTunes backup. You will have to re-jailbreak the phone after you update.

[quote name='crunchewy']Restoring is a pain in the ass, but I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

Not these days. Quick restore and iCloud restore from backup. It's actually pretty painless since iCloud will put everything the back the way it was including downloading all the apps you had.

[quote name='crunchewy']I did an OTA update to 6.1. Is it better to upgrade via iTunes for some reason (I mean before the jailbreak - I know you can't OTA after jailbreak)? Why?

Also, if I update to 6.1.2 via iTunes, I then have to re-jailbreak, right?[/QUOTE]

The recommended way to jailbreak is to do a manual DFU restore first. Then after everything is wiped back to the factory standard, you can restore whatever backup you had or start fresh. Evasion made a point leading up to release to not do OTA updates prior to jailbreaking.

https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/295969913426808832

What is a "manual DFU restore"? Last night I plugged my iPhone 4 into the computer and did a restore from iTunes, and then I restored from iCloud (which I found out you can't do in iTunes - you have to do that from the phone). Anyway, is that a "manual DFU restore" or do I need to restore again, and how?

I haven't re-jailbroken yet. I had to let the thing restore from iCloud overnight and didn't have time this morning. I think I lost a few apps in the process because they were no longer available, but I don't know what they were. Probably just as well.

[quote name='crunchewy']What is a "manual DFU restore"? Last night I plugged my iPhone 4 into the computer and did a restore from iTunes, and then I restored from iCloud (which I found out you can't do in iTunes - you have to do that from the phone). Anyway, is that a "manual DFU restore" or do I need to restore again, and how?

I haven't re-jailbroken yet. I had to let the thing restore from iCloud overnight and didn't have time this morning. I think I lost a few apps in the process because they were no longer available, but I don't know what they were. Probably just as well.[/QUOTE]

You should be good to go.

Alright, jailbreak is done. Was pretty painless this time (last time it took multiple tries). It took about 10 minutes, though I didn't actually time it. Now I need to get the various hacks I want installed again. I'm anxious to find out if resprings are resprings or a series of reboots....

Well, the first time at least it seemed to do a single boot (or maybe it was only a partial boot), so that's a good sign. Will see if it stays working better like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty straightforward thought here. Short of the new Maps app, Im really not all too impressed with iOS 6. Is there any possibility that, via some jailbreak tweak, the new Maps app could be brought to iOS 5 the way Siri was ported to earlier versions when it came out?

[quote name='WorhoornchigH']Pretty straightforward thought here. Short of the new Maps app, Im really not all too impressed with iOS 6. Is there any possibility that, via some jailbreak tweak, the new Maps app could be brought to iOS 5 the way Siri was ported to earlier versions when it came out?[/QUOTE]

No way to do it as far as I can tell. Apple did something different with Siri which they could backdoor but it has been closed off with the maps app.

[quote name='Malik112099']The latest evasi0n update fixes the multiple boot attempt issue.[/QUOTE]

The restore seemed to have fixed the multiple attempts, but it still reboots on a respring. Or at least I think it's rebooting. At the point where I think it should be done then the apple logo pops up and I'm in what I think is a reboot. It's definitely not a fast process, though it is better than before. Hopefully this evasi0n update fixes that.

[quote name='crunchewy']The restore seemed to have fixed the multiple attempts, but it still reboots on a respring. Or at least I think it's rebooting. At the point where I think it should be done then the apple logo pops up and I'm in what I think is a reboot. It's definitely not a fast process, though it is better than before. Hopefully this evasi0n update fixes that.[/QUOTE]

You are supposed to get the apple logo on a respring. Also, being on a 4 will take a bit longer than what you would probably be comfortable with during a respring. It's not a reboot.

Ah, I see. It is certainly much better than before (before I restored and re-jailbroke), but I'm not convinced it is any faster than just a full reboot, so it seems kind of pointless. Not that I actually timed them....

bread's done
Back