iOS Jailbreak Thread

[quote name='Malik112099']You are supposed to get the apple logo on a respring. [/QUOTE]
This is not true. I've never had the apple logo pop up on my iphone 4 or 5 on respring. It says respringing device and then afterwards my lock screen comes up. Respring usually takes 15-20 seconds each time for me.

More info on a DFU Restore: http://thebigboss.org/guides-iphone-ipod-ipad/dfu-mode

[quote name='Cimpy101']This is not true. I've never had the apple logo pop up on my iphone 4 or 5 on respring. It says respringing device and then afterwards my lock screen comes up. Respring usually takes 15-20 seconds each time for me.

More info on a DFU Restore: http://thebigboss.org/guides-iphone-ipod-ipad/dfu-mode[/QUOTE]

It's completely true. Sometimes the logo does not pop up but it normally does. It did on my 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and now my 5. I've only been doing this for a few years now.

[quote name='Malik112099']It's completely true. Sometimes the logo does not pop up but it normally does. It did on my 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and now my 5. I've only been doing this for a few years now.[/QUOTE]

My guess is you have a tweak that's making it do that (intentionally or not). I don't know what else it could be. When I search "apple logo shows up on respring" It's only because of people who have problems with their jailbreak.

This is what respringing your phone should look like. I've never had it look any different.
http://youtu.be/xoQ7aKT56Oc?t=47s

You should only see the apple logo if it reboots.

[quote name='Cimpy101']My guess is you have a tweak that's making it do that (intentionally or not). I don't know what else it could be. When I search "apple logo shows up on respring" It's only because of people who have problems with their jailbreak.

This is what respringing your phone should look like. I've never had it look any different.
http://youtu.be/xoQ7aKT56Oc?t=47s

You should only see the apple logo if it reboots.[/QUOTE]

Believe what you want to believe. Perfectly normal to see the apple logo at respring. Been doing this now for 5 years.

I remember resprings NOT showing the Apple logo when I was last jailbroken. To me it doesn't seem like it's just a respring. Aside from the Apple logo coming up, it takes at least as long as a full reboot, which makes no sense. I also remember resprings being much faster.

[quote name='crunchewy']I remember resprings NOT showing the Apple logo when I was last jailbroken. To me it doesn't seem like it's just a respring. Aside from the Apple logo coming up, it takes at least as long as a full reboot, which makes no sense. I also remember resprings being much faster.[/QUOTE]

You have an issue then. My respring shows an Apple logo but takes less than 10 seconds.

[quote name='crunchewy']Well I did a restore and it stopped the multiple reboots, but the resprings are still long. So not sure what else to do.[/QUOTE]

Probably just the way it is on the 4. Unless your phone has an actual issue it is nothing to worry about.

I just did a little experiment on my 1st gen iPod touch, iPhone 3G, iPhone 5 and iPad 3. If you respring via sbsettings you will NOT see the apple logo. If you use any other app (ie auxo, intelliscreenx, powerup, etc) you WILL see the apple logo.

QuickPhoto is out. Lets you quickly access photos while texting.

b2AJNAd.jpg

I restored my iPad 2 (via iTunes) from iCloud backup, and then rejailbroke. Now it resprings relatively quickly. I am not even sure I'm seeing the Apple logo. My iPhone 4, that I did the same thing too, still has long resprings and with the Apple logo/appears to be rebooting. I suspect if I were to restore as a new device I'd probably see that gone, but then I'd lose everything, so I guess I'll just live with it.

Also a hack was released (or perhaps just updated) today called PassIt, that is very useful if you use 1Password's browser (for far more secure password storage). It lets you open links from anything in 1Password's browser. It's great! You can press and hold on a link, or you can use the Share icon thingy that brings up stuff like Printing and such. Now there is a 1Password icon. Tap it and it jumps you over to 1Password and loads that page once you unlock it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Does the jailbreak still work with iOS 6.1.3?[/QUOTE]
Nope. And I had to get a replacement iPhone 5 recently because my lock button stopped working and it had the newest software update on it so no more jailbreak for me. Apple has stopped signing iOS 6.1.2 too so once you upgrade you can't go back.

Thanks. Well, if you're using Cydia it saves those thing-a-ma-blobs that let you go back, but if it's a new device, yeah, you're screwed. I'd have to look up how you go back, but I know it can be done as long as you have a blob for the past version saved. Hopefully they figure out a new jailbreak for 6.1.3+ soonish.

[quote name='crunchewy']Thanks. Well, if you're using Cydia it saves those thing-a-ma-blobs that let you go back, but if it's a new device, yeah, you're screwed. I'd have to look up how you go back, but I know it can be done as long as you have a blob for the past version saved. Hopefully they figure out a new jailbreak for 6.1.3+ soonish.[/QUOTE]

SHSH Blobs are not useful for A5 (or above devices). For now anyways, though there is a slim chance that may change in the future. It's still always a good idea to save blobs just in case.. better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running 5.0.1. Is there any way to update it to 6.0 and jailbreak it but not lose all of my settings and stuff?

If you back up in iTunes, a lot of jailbreak settings stuff now gets backed up too, so when you restore you should be fine for the most part. You won't have the actual hacks installed, but you can redownload them. Note that the current version of iOS 6.1.3 or whatever it is, you can't currently jailbreak!!

I'm still having periodic crashes to safe mode on my iPhone 4, though. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it happens at the wrong time, which often seems to be the case, it's pretty annoying. I don't even have that many hacks installed. I haven't had any such problems on my iPad 2, just on my iPhone 4. Also I was jailbroken in the past and I still wonder if some crap got backed up (as above) that is causing me problems. Double edged sword.

Another crash on my iPhone 4 today. I'm trying removing My3G. I rarely take advantage of it anyway. But right after I removed it and resprung, I got to the lock screen and *boom*. Crashed again. Argh! Maybe that was a fluke, but if this doesn't solve I'll keep removing stuff until it no longer seems useful, and then I'll just restore to stock iOS and give up on jailbreaking the iPhone 4. My iPad 2 is working without incident, so I'll definitely keep that jailbroken.

I removed My3G as noted in above post and since then I have not had a single crash on my iPhone 4. So it appears, at least so far, that My3G was the culprit, or in any case it conflicted with something else (maybe the something else is the culprit - don't know). I hardly ever took advantage of My3G anyway, so it's no loss.

Has there been any progress on a 6.1.2 jailbreak or are they focusing on 7.0? I hope they are going to jailbreak 6.1.2 (or whatever latest is - I've lost track) because work is requiring me to update to 6.1.2 - they say 6.1.1 doesn't work well with the Exchange server. I'm probably not going to, and just disconnect from Exchange, but I'd prefer to have my cake and eat it too.

Just wanted to give a heads-up that you shouldn't buy Deus Ex: The Fall because it doesn't allow you to shoot your weapons if you play it on a jailbroken device.

Just wanted to give a heads-up that you shouldn't buy Deus Ex: The Fall because it doesn't allow you to shoot your weapons if you play it on a jailbroken device.
Install Xcon and that apparently fixes it. It's free. This is a cydia app, of course - search for it on there. I can't test this because the game does not support the iPad 2 (yet - they say it will in an update). Xcon just blocks (or I guess fakes the response of) the jailbreak-check. That's all it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Install Xcon and that apparently fixes it. It's free. This is a cydia app, of course - search for it on there. I can't test this because the game does not support the iPad 2 (yet - they say it will in an update). Xcon just blocks (or I guess fakes the response of) the jailbreak-check. That's all it does.
Xcon should fix it, I can't test be use I have no interest in the Deus Ex game. It did fox all the other apps that have the jailbreak check; such as redbox instant and cinemanow. Those are the only 2 I remember having the check implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's a question that may seem completely stupid, but bear in mind that A. I realize how stupid it probably sounds and B. I am not really that knowledgeable about all of this type of things.

So now that that's out of the way....

I have an iPad 1 at the moment. I plan on getting an iPad 2 in a few months, however at the moment this is what I have.  It's jailbroken and all that.  Now the game Plants Vs. Zombies 2 was just released and I was amped to play it, however it is only for iPad 2 and up.  It's not iOS related because it can be run on iOS 5. 

I tweeted at the official twitter account and expressed my dissatisfaction, and after they wept and gnashed their teeth and tore their clothes, they managed to respond.   They said that the reason for that was that it was because of an option to upload a custom avatar. 

Which, to be honest, kind of pissed me off even more than if they hadn't said that.  In my opinion that should be an OPTIONAL thing, not a mandatory one.

They didn't respond to my mentioning that very thing.

Now my possibly stupid question is this:  Is it possible for someone to crack a game that won't run on the iPad 1 and have it run on it?  I mean if you can crack games to make it think that it's registered or whatever, I would imagine you could trick a game into thinking there was a front facing camera or something.

Or maybe this is a stupid quiestion.  I dunno.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

bread's done
Back