iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just grabbed Hero of Sparta even though it ran pretty iffy on my Original iPhone. Once these people realize that if it is even remotely decent and a dollar I'll grab it.

I'm considering the ME game since I'm a huge game of ME. I love the game, I love the universe, and can't decide what if it is worth the 5 dollars. I'm very weary of buying anything above a dollar since apps drop all the time.

I ended up grabving Hero of Sparta and Knights: On rush (?). for a dollar, if I got 20 minutes entertainment out of it its still a better deal than going to the movies for $10/2hrs.

"Which Way?" is on sale (for free!). Might pick it up when I got home today.

Is anyone else having trouble controlling Hero of Sparta? I'm using a screen protector but I usually have no problems what so ever using the touch screen but for some reason Sparta's not playing well. I think it hates my thumbs ...

[quote name='hollowfreak']Is anyone else having trouble controlling Hero of Sparta? I'm using a screen protector but I usually have no problems what so ever using the touch screen but for some reason Sparta's not playing well. I think it hates my thumbs ...[/QUOTE]

It not amazing control but it works for the touch screen controls. My problem with it is that runs less than stellar on my original iphone still. For a dollar, it isn't killing me but its still a shame to see this game semi-ruined by slowdown.

[quote name='Treythalomew']It not amazing control but it works for the touch screen controls. My problem with it is that runs less than stellar on my original iphone still. For a dollar, it isn't killing me but its still a shame to see this game semi-ruined by slowdown.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it run just a bit chuggy on my friend's 3G, but it runs pretty damn well on my 3GS. At $1, it's absolutely worth grabbing.

[quote name='roland13x']I've seen it run just a bit chuggy on my friend's 3G, but it runs pretty damn well on my 3GS. At $1, it's absolutely worth grabbing.[/QUOTE]

It runs fine on my Touch 2G, but the left stick controls seem a little unwieldy.

Have been slightly addicted to UniWars, started playing it after buying it a while back for $1, it seems like the perfect game for a mobile platform. Wish I hadn't missed out on the Mecho Wars deal, which is supposedly similiar.

Does anybody else regret putting a screen protector on? I didn't notice the decreased multitouch untill I started gaming but now that I have it is definetely there.

[quote name='Treythalomew']It not amazing control but it works for the touch screen controls. My problem with it is that runs less than stellar on my original iphone still. For a dollar, it isn't killing me but its still a shame to see this game semi-ruined by slowdown.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I purchased this game yesterday and to me it is almost unplayable on my 3G. I don't mind the framerate except sometimes it can get so low that I can't properly block and attack.

[quote name='carn311']Does anybody else regret putting a screen protector on? I didn't notice the decreased multitouch untill I started gaming but now that I have it is definetely there.[/QUOTE]

I'm using PowerSupport "Crystal Film" on my 1G iPod Touch and it not only didn't make the multi-touch less sensitive, it made it work better because my finger(s) slide across it more easily then the glass. Maybe you have a crappy screen protector?

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm using PowerSupport "Crystal Film" on my 1G iPod Touch and it not only didn't make the multi-touch less sensitive, it made it work better because my finger(s) slide across it more easily then the glass. Maybe you have a crappy screen protector?[/QUOTE]

I bought cheap ones from eforcity and I have to say they work great. Sparta's the only game that doesn't control well, which makes me think it's the game not the screen protector.

I tried Sparta Lite, sorry man, not gonna waste $1 on it... the d-pad is wonky (the only reason why it appears to work because the AI goes easy on you), visually appealing, but it's just not that enjoyable after 5 minutes (i didn't like the Lite, so chances are i won't like the full game either).

To answer my earlier questions, Sparta is God of War wanna be, not the real deal or remotely close to it.

[quote name='Hennessy']G.I Joe Rise of the Cobra is out and free. downloading now...[/QUOTE]

now that, i like, free, what's not to like :)

thanks!

edit :WTF? Only works on the 2nd gen? What kind of crap is this?!?!

[quote name='Serpentor']now that, i like, free, what's not to like :)

thanks!

edit :WTF? Only works on the 2nd gen? What kind of crap is this?!?![/QUOTE]

Yea did I miss the memo of apps only working on 2nd gen now?

[quote name='Tootythebear']Yea did I miss the memo of apps only working on 2nd gen now?[/QUOTE]Trust me, you're not missing anything with G.I. Joe.

[quote name='Hoffgod']Trust me, you're not missing anything with G.I. Joe.[/QUOTE]

:lol: but still... what's up with the 2nd gen error msg? I mean, that doesn't make any sense given that the 1st and 2nd gen have the same functionality (2nd has speaker and slightly different display).

This thread has been pretty big, but FYI, if people here don't know about the BargainBin app you should check it out. It's a free app that catalogs and sorts everything that's on sale on the App Store, so you can see at a glance what stuff has been reduced in price or made free, temporarily or otherwise. I started going through all 64 pages of this thread, but using that app makes things a lot easier. :)

[quote name='Serpentor']:lol: but still... what's up with the 2nd gen error msg? I mean, that doesn't make any sense given that the 1st and 2nd gen have the same functionality (2nd has speaker and slightly different display).[/QUOTE]

Actually, the 2nd gen has a faster processor than the 1st gen. That's probably why, although that's the first I've heard of an App requiring it.

[quote name='Serpentor']man, thanks for the info, i didn't know that! BargainBin it is :)[/QUOTE]

I also just found PandoraBox, which is somewhat similar and also lets you save apps to a wish list of sorts to boot.

Grabbed gi Joe and the free pinball game. Pinball was fun haven't played Joe yet. I'm loving all these freebies as it's more reasons to play with my 3gs. I'm gonna look at the pandora and bargain apps now. :)

Let's golf is very good. It was only $0.99 last week so they raised it a buck. Supermarket mania is a pretty good game for $0.99 it will keep you busy for a long time. Very addicting.

Let's Golf is a fantastic game--4 18-hole courses to choose from, several game modes, 2 unlockable levels of difficulty for each course, unlockable costumes and characters--a pretty deep golf game for the price. I would recommend it as it's a nice game to whip out every now and then for a quick play as the gameplay is smooth and easy to get the hang of.

Asphalt 4 is by the same people--also quite good. The controls are a little harder to get used to if you aren't used to playing racing games with your iPhone/iPod, but overall, it is very satisfying to play through the various tracks, unlock cars, upgrades, tracks and game modes...this is another game that is very deep for the price you pay.

I'd recommend both at their respective prices. $1.99 or below is a no-brainer for me!

[quote name='ethwang']Let's Golf is a fantastic game--4 18-hole courses to choose from, several game modes, 2 unlockable levels of difficulty for each course, unlockable costumes and characters--a pretty deep golf game for the price. I would recommend it as it's a nice game to whip out every now and then for a quick play as the gameplay is smooth and easy to get the hang of. [/QUOTE]

The final course of Let's Golf is only 9 holes. :mrgreen: And I agree, it's an excellent game.

I'll second the BargainBin app! Very groovy! I know the reviews have been mixed for ME:G, anyone have it that think it's worth the $2.99? I'll still probably wait till it hits $0.99 one day...

[quote name='UjnHunter']I'll second the BargainBin app! Very groovy! I know the reviews have been mixed for ME:G, anyone have it that think it's worth the $2.99? I'll still probably wait till it hits $0.99 one day...[/QUOTE]
I'm enjoying ME:G personally. It's worth $3 IMHO. Other than some framerate issues, I'm not sure what people are having problems with? It can't be like ME on the :360: people...:roll:

[quote name='daminion']sorry to interrupt the begging, but uniwar is back down to 99 cents for those that missed it the first time.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up last time it was on sale, and worth it all the way. I think a CAG was one of the developers as well.

[quote name='daminion']sorry to interrupt the begging, but uniwar is back down to 99 cents for those that missed it the first time.[/QUOTE]

It was upped this week? I've been planning to grab that for the weekend, so good to hear it's at $1.

Das Boot: The Hunt for U-505 - 99¢

:)

It's my game, Support another CAG and purchase it please!

I'm a Broke Ass Developer. ;)

[quote name='madpeon']Props to eliter1 for the Rolando code![/QUOTE]

I second that. Nice thing you did for your fellow CAGs! Thanks alot!! :applause::applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back