iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
people seem to be overhyping themselves for minigore. don't get me wrong, it's a day one purchase for sure at .99 and it will be a fun diversion...but unless the co-op mode is online it will get boring rather fast, and its great graphics and charm won't last more than a few days. you can easily quote me on this. HARDGORE on the other hand...now that's when the Gore series will really pick up and kick ass. even though it's yet another TD game, this one will have the style and substance to beat out(and outlast) the rest. you can quote me on that as well. :D

i'm also one of the many dying to get their hands on touch KO. i mean how fucking long can the app approval process take? it's been getting out of hand as of late.

aaand while i'm still in the thread and on topic about free apps...Bulkypix's BaDaBoo is also now free for a limited time. i'm not sure about the quality of this game, but they recently made My Brute which is supposed to be really decent, and they also made one of my personal favorite sleeper hits, Hysteria Project. as a sidenote, please support Hysteria Project so we can get chapter 2 already. this game has so much potential for b-movie horror fans. and contrary to popular belief, the game does feature a couple different routes you can take to the end...hit me up if you've played Hysteria Project and actually managed to get a kick out of it.

[quote name='ZForce']Aurora Feint looks like a cool game, but can someone explain to me the differences between the two free versions, the $1.99 version (Aurora Feint 2: The beginning) and the 4.99 version (Arena Daemons)[/QUOTE]

Aurora Feint: The Beginning is one of the best fee games for the platform when the iPhone first came out. Gameplay wise, It's like Puzzle Quest meets Panel de Pon/Planet Puzzle League. I think when the creators rolled out the new version (which adds graphical and community features like chat, news feed) the original free version was automatically updated to the ad supported Aurora Feint 2 lite then they released another version without ads which is Aurora Feint II: The Beginning (original price $2.99). From what I know, they are the same game with network activity stuff but the lite version has ads.

Aurora Feint II: The Arena added multiplayer features. If you have The Arena, do not buy The Beginning anymore.

Aurora Feint II: Tower Puzzles is a free standalone puzzle game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for .99 even if minigore is a one trick pony I don't find any reasons to bash it.[/QUOTE]

i don't mean to bash it, i'm just surprised at the response to the title. and the positive response is definitely a great thing, since i think the people behind the gore series will do us nothing but good.

It's not a game at all but if you are into binaural sounds then brain hack is pretty amazing. It's only .99 and it worked for me obviously it won't for all people but I just did a 20 minute session of the alertness sound and I'm wide awake without the aid of coffee or energy drinks. It's got a bunch of different settings like: creativity, stress release, confidence, sleep aid, and more. For .99 it's a great deal.jj

Also make sure you read the info tab in the program. You have to do atleast a 20 minute session and after a while you can do less. Also you need to use headphones otherwise it won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
A first review of Chillingo's MiniGore here: http://www.ztgamedomain.com/7865/Minigore.html

I haven't read about it, but this is the first I've heard of the game. Color me intrigued. I honestly can have a lot of fun with a "one trick pony" dual analog gore-fest (read: iDracula is my favorite iPhone game). Any word on when it's supposed to launch? I'll be buying it.

What's HardGore? A new TD? I'm in...

Anyone else played Ragdoll Physics? I downloaded the lite version yesterday and was very impressed with the gameplay. I went to buy it, but it was $1.99, and I was hoping to pick it up for $0.99. Maybe there'll be a sale soon...

I have a question about iDracula, is it exactly like the lite version in regards to your stuck in an area and fight off waves of enemies? Graphically I liked the lite version but gameplay-wise I hated it, I don't like how the enemies came from all direction and you just run around fighting them off. I could understand it if it was just for a survival mode. I bought 7DA Zombie Hunter and thought it sucked, yeah even for a buck, it was just the same level over and over again with boring gameplay.

majesco's highly addictive card game without cards/pseudo board game karmastar is now on sale for 99 cents. seriously, everybody should pick this one up. the presentation is really slick with smooth visuals and some of the best audio in my opinion. it's easy to play, but sort of hard for me to explain. check out the item description and some reviews...

KarmaStar_screens_067.jpg

ign: http://wireless.ign.com/articles/974/974299p1.html

pocketgamer: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Karma+Star/review.asp?c=13065&srch=karma

official site: http://www.majescoentertainment.com/games/iphone-ipod-touch/karmastar/

buy it: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307946699&mt=8

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']baseball sluggers is back to .99 for 3 days only. it's getting a huge updated soon as well.[/QUOTE]

Love this game, highly recommended. It's a steal at this price.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I have a question about iDracula, is it exactly like the lite version in regards to your stuck in an area and fight off waves of enemies? Graphically I liked the lite version but gameplay-wise I hated it, I don't like how the enemies came from all direction and you just run around fighting them off. I could understand it if it was just for a survival mode. I bought 7DA Zombie Hunter and thought it sucked, yeah even for a buck, it was just the same level over and over again with boring gameplay.[/QUOTE]I haven't spent much time with iDracula Lite, but from what I remember, iDracula was a different take on the game (almost like another mode).

iDracula features three arenas (frozen earth, castle hall, grave park) and four modes (survival, super survival, wave attack, rush). With (super) survival, you start with a pistol and a few enemies, but as time progresses, you get tons more enemies and better weapons until you die. In wave attack, you fight waves of enemies, and in between you spend the gold they drop on upgrades. Rush is a balls-to-the-wall mode and you don't stand a chance to survive very long.

So while gameplay is limited to walking around an area and shooting everything that comes at you, it's still a very impressive game sonically, visually and in gameplay.

I couldn't recommend it any higher, but that's just my opinion.

[quote name='lunsar']Love this game, highly recommended. It's a steal at this price.[/QUOTE]

I thought about picking this up, but I would probably enjoy a more full-featured baseball game.

[quote name='Archgarth']I thought about picking this up, but I would probably enjoy a more full-featured baseball game.[/QUOTE]

Is there one available? I was looking for one the other day and couldn't find a decent looking one.

[quote name='lunsar']Is there one available? I was looking for one the other day and couldn't find a decent looking one.[/QUOTE]

Power Pro's is pretty good.

[quote name='kapkorn']Power Pro's is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to suggest. A page or two back somebody said something about a possible konami sale so I'm holding out on this and ddr.

[quote name='iowaholdem']What's HardGore? A new TD? I'm in...[/QUOTE]Anything?

[quote name='iowaholdem']Anyone else played Ragdoll Physics? I downloaded the lite version yesterday and was very impressed with the gameplay. I went to buy it, but it was $1.99, and I was hoping to pick it up for $0.99. Maybe there'll be a sale soon...[/QUOTE]Err... I meant Ragdoll Blaster.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, seems like US might be out of it... that sucks. well, if anything Minigore and Touch KO will be releasing soon.[/QUOTE]

Minigore looks really fun and well worth a .99 purchase. I wish people would use that graphic style more on the iphone/itouch platform, it looks so much better than the half realistic design.

Also "Chronicles of Inotia" is on sale for .99 down from 2.99. I haven't messed with it much, diablo type rpg... has a lite version to try first.

Points excitedly to Twitter signature!!

[quote name='loesjoel (ME!)']A new Follow Friday since I won a Taxiball (iPhone) code from @taxiball @selfawaregames! Thanks so much![/quote]

W00T! Haven't gotten the chance to play it yet, but I have downloaded it thru iTunes. Will sync up and play tomorrow.

One of the latest AVG updates is fubar and caused it to think itunes was a trojan but the latest update that was pushed out tonight fixes it. Just grab the new update and run a new scan should be clear.

Has Drop7 ever been on sale? If so does it happen frequently? Man I am hooked on the Lite version and will probably just drop the $3 on it. Thought I'd ask first though.

[quote name='powersurge']One of the latest AVG updates is fubar and caused it to think itunes was a trojan but the latest update that was pushed out tonight fixes it. Just grab the new update and run a new scan should be clear.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. I had to turn off AVG to install iTunes again. Thanks for the update on the situation. Much appreciated! :applause:

Yeah AVG messed up my iTunes at work. It decided it was a virus, so I cleaned up the infected files and it broke the install. I need to reinstall iTunes when I get back to work Monday. Lame salad.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Has Drop7 ever been on sale? If so does it happen frequently? Man I am hooked on the Lite version and will probably just drop the $3 on it. Thought I'd ask first though.[/QUOTE]

I will say just buy it. I was exactly like you when I started playing Drop7 Lite back in March, and have been waiting for sale ever since. I waited until June and decided to f*** it why am I waiting to play a game I want to play so much just to save 2 dollars?

not a game, but I thought it was cool and sorry if everyone is pro at this already.

to unlock emoji w/o jailbreaking the phone:

"Here's the instructions:

Install Spell Number then launch the app and enter this number: 91929394.59, and click return.

Now quit the app and open Settings -> General -> International -> Japanese and now select Emoji

Ver 1.04 of the app is required"

I've got a couple Rolando codes as well, I'm looking to trade one for 100 MS points (since I dunno how many people are looking in the Rolando Trade thread anymore)

[quote name='bkforyou']not a game, but I thought it was cool and sorry if everyone is pro at this already.

to unlock emoji w/o jailbreaking the phone:

"Here's the instructions:

Install Spell Number then launch the app and enter this number: 91929394.59, and click return.

Now quit the app and open Settings -> General -> International -> Japanese and now select Emoji

Ver 1.04 of the app is required"[/QUOTE]This has been posted, but it's always good to post again so new people can see it. It works excellently!

[quote name='iowaholdem']Give more details on the PSP and what iPod touch you expect to get.[/QUOTE]

psp fat, with soft case, gta lcs, 32mb stick, and charger

firmware 1.5(pm for more info)

would like any version of a fully working touch in good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back