iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Friggen Toki Tori has been "Being modified" ALL DAMN DAY.

DAMMIT.

Also, if you do not own Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, you are making a GRIEVOUS mistake. It had at LEAST better be on your Bargain Bin watchlist.

I enjoy Tetris a lot. The only thing is that it doesn't have the original soundtrack, but a remix. Can play your own music though, I keep meaning to find the original's in mp3 format and have at it. But it plays great. It is all touch interface though and there will be ocassions that you make a mistake because of that. But if you're just looking for casual Tetris time, you can't go wrong.

note, I haven't played tris.

Hanged dropped to 99c, so far it's decent I can't say much about replay value as it seems like the words you're trying to figure out make up a letter or poem of sorts. I like the stop motion animation, and the reflections on the droplets of water changed via motion of the iPod/iPhone.

http://appshopper.com/games/hanged

The first thing that has made me want a 3GS has happened.....

http://toucharcade.com/2009/12/22/unreal-engine-3-running-on-3rd-gen-ipod-touch-iphone-3gs/

Unreal Engine 3 Running on 3rd Gen iPod touch & iPhone 3GS

posted by Eli Hodapp on December 22nd, 2009 11:07 AM EST in News, Upcoming Games, iPhone games, iPod touch games

AnandTech got a sneak peek at an impressive Unreal Engine 3 tech demo running on a 3rd generation iPod touch last week, and with plans to make this engine available to existing licensees at some point in the future, Epic could drastically change the landscape of 3D games on the platform.
Unreal Engine 3 is what powers games like Bioshock, Gears of War, Borderlands, and obviously Unreal Tournament 3 among others. A mobile version of their game engine will make it easy for developers who rely on this technology in the PC/console space to compete on the App Store. The game engine only runs on 3rd generation hardware and obviously future iPod touch and iPhone devices that will also likely be capable of OpenGL ES 2.0.
Here is a brief video showing the performance of the engine in an Unreal Tournament map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzts8tsKuHs

It's unclear exactly when this will be released in to the wild for existing Unreal Engine 3 licensees to start experimenting with, but apparently we will be seeing the engine running on another platform at CES which takes place in Las Vegas from the 7th to the 10th of January.

[quote name='Those']Tap Tap Revenge 3 is now permanently free[/QUOTE]
Shows up as "free" in the search results but still has a .99 price tag when I try to download it. Come on, Apple, don't you know I need to get my Tap on??

[quote name='Malik112099']that's pretty funny...surpised no one has made a PS3 emulator app with no games to play (since that is the xbot counter to the SDF mockery)[/QUOTE]
Except the PS3 eventually got games but people who bought 360s in its first two-three years of life still have shitty hardware -_-

[quote name='Those']Mega Man II is discounted to $1 :O[/QUOTE]

That was at like $5 the other day.
I might get it now.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Except the PS3 eventually got games but people who bought 360s in its first two-three years of life still have shitty hardware -_-[/QUOTE]

that's funny because 2 out of the 3 ps3's in my house have malfunctioning blu Ray drives, at least xbox owned up to their problems and extended their warranty. Sony wants $150 to "fix" each one and both are only 15 months old. Sorry this wasn't related to this thread but I'm a little bitter towards Sony right now.

[quote name='joe sparxxx']that's funny because 2 out of the 3 ps3's in my house have malfunctioning blu ray drives, at least xbox owned up to their problems and extended their warranty. Sony wants $150 to "fix" each one and both are only 15 months old. Sorry this wasn't related to this thread but i'm a little bitter towards sony right now.[/quote]

lies!

[quote name='postaboy']lies![/QUOTE]

It happens, just not to too many people. Third 360 here and still on the first PS3. However I agree that the app was a waste of time not only for the creator but for us too.

Picked up:
-Soosiz
-TTR3
I bought T-Pain before at $1 and it's really awesome. Should have posted before, but meh. I used the app for like 5 hours after I bought it though, and plan to ... continue.

[quote name='Joe Sparxxx']that's funny because 2 out of the 3 ps3's in my house have malfunctioning blu Ray drives, at least xbox owned up to their problems and extended their warranty. Sony wants $150 to "fix" each one and both are only 15 months old. Sorry this wasn't related to this thread but I'm a little bitter towards Sony right now.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't trying to start anything :( No system is perfect, and I'm certainly not head over heals for people to be having problems with systems I don't own like Fuss. Didn't mean any harm in it.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Is it possible to download these games for free on jailbroken iphones or itouches?[/QUOTE]
You mean pirate? Like... you know, stealing?

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Is it possible to download these games for free on jailbroken iphones or itouches?[/QUOTE]

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yes, but you need to install a few things first.

I've got a jailbroken ipod touch and have some "hacked games" on it, but I've also bought a majority of them.

[quote name='tenchim86']Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yes, but you need to install a few things first.

I've got a jailbroken ipod touch and have some "hacked games" on it, but I've also bought a majority of them.[/QUOTE]

o ok, since you paid for most of them, it makes it ok.:roll:

It is known that some of us pirate games but open discussion of it is NOT tolerated on these forums (unless you are in the OTT).

^ are any of those pinball games any good? Both the screens look busy.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony'] I don't own like Fuss. [/QUOTE]
Huh?
People are too uptight, I love all the systems with equal love.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Yeah, it must be a pain in the ass to have to take actual photographs(that no one asked for) for you to stealth-gloat about stealing 99 cent iPhone apps, right?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6148286&postcount=299[/QUOTE]

Hmm..nowhere on there does it say that I pirated any of those apps. Don't be a D-Bag. I don't openly talk about piracy. It must be a pain in the ass to throw stones in a glass house. You are not a saint, the vast majority of us aren't.

Stay on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the mega man demo and wasn't super impressed but at $.99 I figured what the hell. The odd thing is now I can't put it down...

Pac Man Championship edition is 99 cents. There was earlier discussion that most of the game is locked in a 4 dollar DLC after purchase, but I'm pretty sure there's 99 cents worth of content in the vanilla game

bread's done
Back