iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all free games have sucked. Pandamania was good and Was free yesterday. Crush the castle is pretty fun and that's free today.

Phoenix Wright on iphone seems like a natural fit. I already played through the first one, but I'd definitely pick up the others that I haven't played yet, particularly if they keep the price $5 or less.

I'm downloading Crush the Castle and Biodefense. Already got the others. Thanks to all! Definitely pick up Jet Ball if you like Arkanoid variants - it's a good one.

The Donut Game titles Traffic Rush, Action Hero, and Paracute are all currently FREE. Sorry for the lack of links. Doing this from my Touch and I suck at cut 'n paste on this little screen.

Space Storm

789210.png

In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Space Storm is Free for TODAY only.

A breathtaking space-shooter game. Every minute on thin ice, face to face with merciless enemies. You are the one to save the galaxy.

Strengthen your forces with cool weapons: from common machinegun to plasma gun and ion shell. In time of need you can't go without homing missiles to annihilate the enemy.

Enjoy various bonuses making you win in mortal combat.

After completing every three levels you'll meet a super-boss on your way. This ship-killer has unique skills and super armaments, which can in a matter of seconds reduce you to ashes. It's only your skills and weapons that will help you to survive. If you don't want to die at the very start of the game, you need powerful guns!

Top Features:
Lots of enemies with sophisticated skills and heavy armaments
Multiple bonuses to improve your fighting skills
Superior graphics will take you out of this world
Tutorial to help you make first steps
OpenFeint support

http://appshopper.com/games/cosmohero

bread's done
Back