iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Free App a Day feature for Saturday is 45th Street (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=22&month=05).

"Survive at 45th Street!

45th Street was dominated by gangsters. To survive is to kill.
Will provide a variety of weapons to fight.
All weapons can be upgraded up to level 20 and become stronger as it gets upgraded.

The default weapon is a baseball bat and a knife.
There are different characteristics of each weapon.
For example, the knife has the strongest power but shorter range attacks.
Using these characteristics of weapons clear up 45th Street.
After completing the stage you can go to item shop to upgrade weapons.
As moving on stages, the more powerful enemies will appear.
Please be sure to upgrade diligently!

Each stage has secret rooms.
You can get ammo,energy and gold from the secret room.
But if you go wrong way, you can encounter many enemies. Be careful.
Sometimes the way to bonus stage appears in the secret room.
When you touch the door of the building in the background you can enter the secret room.
Be careful. Not every door opens.

Bonus Stage will appear every time you clear 5 stages.
Riding a scooter and take numerous gold!!
Tilt the device to control the scooter."

No new titles for your Saturday freebie sites update. I've already inadvertently posted the "new" featured titles. However, in case you're just now joining us or have otherwise missed the previous posts, here's a recap:

OpenFeint has the ridiculously addictive MegaJump (http://itunes.apple.com/app/mega-jump/id370398167?mt=8). If you don't already have this, download it NOW while it's still free.

Both Great App a Day and Free App Calendar are featuring the 3D shooter MetalWars (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=192).

Well, since you know I can't just post a rehash of old news, here's your bonus freebie:
Adubble (http://itunes.apple.com/app/adubble/id319294040?mt=8)
"Hello match-3 puzzle players! We have a toy for you! You will need to match sets of three or more like-colored bubbles to remove them from the board and have points added to your score. Numerous levels, special elements and increasing difficulty will ensure hours of fun. Use bonuses to multiply your score. Experience new and unique game play using special elements.

The game features:
- your own music in background
- 60 levels of varying difficulty
- 5 different Endless mode levels
- 7 types of special elements (stars, mines, locks, lasers, switchers, bombs and stones)
- animated graphics
- ambient background music
- save/resume option (after a phone call or pressing quit)
- shake device for random level selection or to change the background"

Have a great Saturday!

Add to your shmup collection with the just-released Warblade Free (http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/warblade-free/id372970539?mt=8). Although the title hints at this being a lite version, it doesn't appear that way from the description:
"Warblade is a arcade game with focus on very good playability. It's a shoot'em up type of game like the old classic arcade game Galaga. Warblade is a iPhone/iPod touch remake of my old Amiga game Deluxe Galaga. A very popular game for the Amiga computer and also as Warblade on the PC and Mac. Voted most addictive game by Bytten.com

The Plot : An alien race is invading the earth and you must travel into space and fight the strange aliens to save humanity. That's the very simple plot of the game. The game is made with gameplay as the most important factor. Fast arcade fun and lots of adrenaline pumping action.

Some of the games features:

• 25 action packed levels
• Time trial mode with many extra levels!
• Advanced profile system
◦ Each user of the game - his or her own profile
◦ Record progress through the game
◦ Open up locks to turn on new features in the game.
◦ Fastest times
◦ Highest scores
◦ Highest ranks
◦ How many secrets found
◦ and much more...
• Auto save and load game
• Lots of ranks to play for
• Lots of secrets and features
• Life time support!
• and more..."

Hysteria Project has dropped back down to FREE for all those who may have been curious about it (http://appshopper.com/games/hysteria-project). Personally, I'd skip it and save the hard drive space but it's up to you.

"In "HYSTERIA PROJECT", YOU are the hero!

Step into the shoes of the main character and take part in an unforgettable adventure! Will you take the right decisions and make it out in one piece?

Hysteria Project is a groundbreaking gaming experience, where you are the hero of an entirely filmed adventure. Go along with the video clips, keep a sharp eye on what's going on around you and most importantly of all - make the right choices at the right time.

Recommended for fans of new experiences and thrill-seekers.

Have you got the guts to be next on the list?"

Thanks for posting after the slow day Dimsdale. FAAD still hasn't put up their game and they claim its a highly requested one.

Free sites update for Sunday:

Wow, Free App a Day is featuring Pandemania (see above)! Super-addictive bow defense game. Don't even think about it; grab this one immediately.

OpenFeint has Bandit Nation (http://itunes.apple.com/app/bandit-nation/id367807283?mt=8). "Become a thief and steal the treasures your rival thieves have gathered! But be careful, because they'll be gunning for you and your stash at the same time. Take your eyes off of your loot for a second, and it's gone!! Once you start, you' ll never be able to stop!

FEATURES:
-You can choose one of three Thief types, Strong, Smart and Seductive, for your character as you prepare to take him or her to the heart of the underworld.
-To gather treasure, challenge other players to battle and take them for everything they're worth!
-Special items for your MiniNation avatar are your reward for gathering all the treasures in a collection.
-All battles are easier when you've got allies by your side, so invite your friends and play together."

Great App a Day has the previously-mentioned Hysteria Project. Meh.

Free App Calendar has a puzzler called Pala Match (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=182). "Have you ever seen UFO? Have you heard any strange sound before? Do you believe extraterrestrial civilization or the existence of planet like Avatar? Now, our adventure begins:
On the faraway Palapa Planet, there’s a kind of cute creature named Pala.
They live happily together and each of them has its unique voice.
What’s on the mystical planet? How lovely are these Palas?
Let’s start the expedition on Palapa, and make new friends!

Instruction: Click the same Palas to make them disappear.

Features:
- 48 maps
- 217 cute Palas
- 217 kinds of interesting sound
- Hint-given function
- Count-down function"

Hmmm, forgot to post my bonus freebie. Here you go:
Burning Zombies Extended (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=55539).
"Burning Zombies EXTENDED Features:
- Full experience for FREE
- No more classic zombie waves... This means even more Zombie Burning!
- Play as the redneck couple Billy Bob and Peggy Sue to secure their
trailer park life, threatened by fierce Zombies.
- Touch and drag to throw Molotovs at the approaching Zombies
- Radio for a Napalm airstrike
- Online leaderboards to compete against your friends and other players

Zombies! Rednecks! Hot Chicks! Molotovs! Napalm! AND ALL THIS FOR FREE!
What are you waiting for? Press that Install button NOW!"

One final bargain before I begin my round of Sunday obligations. If you're a word puzzle fan, you may want to check out WordJong (http://appshopper.com/games/wordjong). It's currently on sale for only .99 till the end of the weekend. There are literally hundreds of puzzles and a new one is offered up each day. There's also a lite version if you'd like to try it out before making the purchase.

"Find out for yourself what Nintendo Wii, DS, and PC users have been raving about!

WordJong Daily Challenge features simple, yet engrossing game play. Use a set of lettered tiles to create words and complete Mahjong solitaire puzzles. Shoot for high-scoring words, earn gold coins and bomb power-ups, and attempt to clear the board with no leftover letters.

Key Features:
- Unlimited Play: Each day brings the fresh challenge of a new, unique puzzle! Completed today’s puzzle? Pick a previous day on the calendar to play or replay any of the hundreds of other puzzles available!
- Zodiac Characters: Try to beat the scores of the WordJong Masters! Each of the seven characters has his or her own personality and play style, representing a different difficulty level ranging from easy (the Rabbit) to hard (the Dragon).
- High Score Tracking: Compare your daily high scores with friends and family!
- Awards: Complete 9 challenges to earn a beautiful butterfly collection!"

[quote name='Dimsdale']Free sites update for Sunday:

Wow, Free App a Day is featuring Pandemania (see above)! Super-addictive bow defense game.

It is Pandamania

fuck. I got burned on HP, I paid 2 bucks for it less than a month ago!

At least I got Pandamania free, while others here got burned by spending 4 bucks on it.

I picked up Pandamania for $0.99 a while back. Great game and I don't feel like I got burned at all. I remember someone telling you to wait for a sale on Hysteria Project... but I guess you didn't listen.

Quick Question to all that already purchased Pandamania: The Pandamania I bought shows in at 107 MB in Itunes. The current version weighs in at 20 MB. Anyone else notice this? Wonder what they did that would cut the size down that much?

[quote name='107proof']I picked up Pandamania for $0.99 a while back. Great game and I don't feel like I got burned at all. I remember someone telling you to wait for a sale on Hysteria Project... but I guess you didn't listen.]
Um, yeah. . .that was me. I tried to warn him. Oh well. I also picked up the original plus-sized PandaMania for .99 and felt like I got more than my money's worth. I may actually re-install it so I can play through it again because I enjoyed it so much the first time around.

Ahahaha . . . putting him on ignore doesn't help when you keep clicking "View Post" to see what everyone is responding to anyway. ;)

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I've lost like over 15 bucks so far, I'm beyond pissed.[/QUOTE]

Kid, if that's seriously the worst problem in your world . . . well, good for you, I guess. But really, if you're "beyond pissed" over that, you should probably take some anger management classes. And maybe stop buying apps when they're not on sale, because most apps go on sale at some point or another.

You've (presumably) paid what you though the app was worth. Deal with it.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm a cheap ass gamer, everyone here can relate with that. We want the best deal possible.[/QUOTE]
And yet you keep buying

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm a cheap ass gamer, everyone here can relate with that. We want the best deal possible.[/QUOTE]

Patience goes a long way...

Im cheap so unlike alot of my friends, I dont buy the games AS they come out. I wait til i find a deal which usually happens and I spend ALOT less than what they paid a month or two ago. Try being more cheap it pays off and you dont get "beyond pissed" about it.

On a less sidetracked note, Im surprisingly enjoying Devil Invasion, thanks to all of you who recommended it. Im not a huge tower defense fan (and there is a shitton on the iphone) however this game is a great mix of tower defense with matching puzzle. great fun! PLUS IT WAS FREE

I waited months for a drop on Hook Champ, Canabalt, PvZ, and Dark Void Zero. It never happened, so I went ahead and bit awhile ago. Good shit. Well, except DVZ. That one sucks.

Thanks for the heads up on Hysteria Project. I liked it until I got to the end when there was a big
"To be continued" at the end. I hate that shit. Especially after about 20 minutes or so of gameplay.

[quote name='CONMAN999']Fire thief, just curious, how old are you?[/QUOTE]

To everyone, I still highly suggest Where's Waldo? at 99 cents. An awesome app.

The Free App Calendar game for Monday will be the 3D puzzler Chokoblok (http://itunes.apple.com/app/chokoblok/id330768351?mt=8).

"Gamers are taken to a new level with this addictive new brain teaser.

The 3D puzzle-in-motion sucks players in as they strategically move the rectangular game pawn through the maze towards its end goal — keeping an eye out for “pressure tiles” which can alter the game board itself.

While at first glance this may seem simple, players quickly find that the precise movements needed to reach their goals require a far-from-simple thought process… and therein lies the infatuation.

Game Features:
3D diagonal board providing an enhanced visual appearance.
'Booby Traps' that alter the state of play.
35 unique levels to complete that dramatically increase in difficulty, continually enhancing user experience."

Here's one for my fellow six-string fanatics: PremierGuitar has a FREE mobile app that supposedly contains the entire print contents of the magazine (http://itunes.apple.com/app/premierguitar/id357976896?mt=8).

"The Premier Guitar App is a one-stop-shop for guitar, amp and pedal reviews and information. Packed with the latest complete Premier Guitar print magazine issues, plus the latest gear news and all of Premier Guitar's video demos, factory tours and rig rundowns, you'll have all the gear knowledge you need on the go.

MAGAZINE FEATURES:
- Current and past issues of Premier Guitar Magazine, absolutely free!
- Brilliant replica format, just like the print edition you know and love.
- Text-formatted articles designed for maximum mobile readability.
- Download each issue, then return any time for offline reading.
- Search the archive of available issues.
- Bookmark your favorite articles.
- Share your comments with other readers.

This app includes issues dating back to October 2009. New issues will be available for download monthly."

Apparently, the new featured Free App a Day title for Monday will be Crush the Castle (http://appshopper.com/games/crush-the-castle).

"To Arms my Lord! Crush the Castle is now available on the iPhone and iPod touch.

Unleash your Trebuchet around the Kingdom as you conquer the lands of The Black Shores, Umbria, Wintervale, Dante Flats & Betsonia.

Exclusive features to the iPhone include:
*10+ Ammo Types
*90 unique levels
*Achievement Medals
*Castle Editor
*And a few other surprises"

Great App a Day is now showing World Cup Air Hockey for FREE (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/world-cup-air-hockey/).
"Remember the days of hanging around the local arcade playing air hockey till all hours? Then grab your paddle and head over for some classic arcade action with WORLD CUP AIR HOCKEY™ from Skyworks®, creators of the best quality and most fun sports games on the iPhone/iPod touch!

In Practice Mode, select one of eight computer opponents to play against, while in Tournament Mode see how good you are against all of them! In Head-to-Head Mode, compete in real-time against another player on the same iPhone/iPod touch!

WORLD CUP AIR HOCKEY features ‘state of the iPhone’ 3D graphics, your choice of 3 rockin’ soundtracks and local and global high scoreboards."

[quote name='chrisnsally']Age is only a number...in his heart, he's still 12. And we love him for it.

Or something.[/QUOTE]
I choose: something.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Here's one for my fellow six-string fanatics: PremierGuitar has a FREE mobile app that supposedly contains the entire print contents of the magazine (http://itunes.apple.com/app/premierguitar/id357976896?mt=8).

"The Premier Guitar App is a one-stop-shop for guitar, amp and pedal reviews and information. Packed with the latest complete Premier Guitar print magazine issues, plus the latest gear news and all of Premier Guitar's video demos, factory tours and rig rundowns, you'll have all the gear knowledge you need on the go.

MAGAZINE FEATURES:
- Current and past issues of Premier Guitar Magazine, absolutely free!
- Brilliant replica format, just like the print edition you know and love.
- Text-formatted articles designed for maximum mobile readability.
- Download each issue, then return any time for offline reading.
- Search the archive of available issues.
- Bookmark your favorite articles.
- Share your comments with other readers.

This app includes issues dating back to October 2009. New issues will be available for download monthly."[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!

I don't know why people dislike this thread, I get a laugh or a game from it every time.

Phoenix Wright looks cool but I don't want to shed $5 on it.

The OpenFeint game of the day today is Jiggle Balls: Spikes! (http://itunes.apple.com/app/jiggle-balls-spikes/id337551567?mt=8).

"The balls are back in town! Jiggle Balls: Spikes! is a new game by the makers of Jiggle Balls. You control SPIKEY the big purple ball. Your goal? Smash the JIGGLE BALLS before time expires. Your weapon of choice? GRAVITY!

Rotate your iPhone or iPod Touch to control the direction of the balls. Pin them in a corner and squash 'em!

But there are obstacles that are bent on making your job more difficult -- BLOCKERS, FADERS, and SLIDERS. Blockers look a lot like Spikey and get in your way. Faders come and go. They can work to your advantage, as a shortcut, but they may also drop the balls out of sight as you approach. Sliders move with the gravity too. You will have to be fast to navigate around them.

25 levels of unique puzzles and obstacles. Continue from the last level completed or retry any level. Start with EASY mode and once you've mastered that, challenge your friends to HARD mode and see how far they can get?"

For fans of the Zepi series, Zepi: Ultra is currently free (http://appshopper.com/games/zepiultra).

"In human life everything is mixed, - feelings, thoughts, music, money, school, garbage, words, food, love, hospital, cemetery, policemen and firefighters, politicians and clowns, laugh and tears, and games, games, games ...Different emotions, different ideas, different styles...Try to understand that, baby! Tap your iPhone (iPod or iPad) screen 10000 times in a strange game Zepi:Ultra during only the 15 minutes - and you will open the hidden meaning of fairy-tale style of Emo, Psychedelic and Urban! Do not be stingy with your fingers, baby, – just play Zepi!"

Get your bash on with Monsta Bash (http://itunes.apple.com/app/monsta-bash/id370779938?mt=8#) currently FREE.

"- Kill Monsta's using the iPhone/iPod Touch in many different ways
- Tickle Fluffals in the game and make them giggle to stop infection
- 10 different games to unlock**
- 3 difficulty levels
- High score table
- Interact with Fluffals and Monsta's in the game

***HOW TO BASH MONSTA'S***

- Using the different tools - laser bars (tilt), laser balls (full accelerometer), laser guns (press) and your fingers (touch) bash up the Monsta's BEFORE each area is infected beyond repair

- Hit targets to unlock new games (CURRENTLY 10 GAMES TO PLAY**)

- If the green infection level reaches critical you will have failed the Fluffals

- REMEMBER: TICKLING SOME TYPES OF FLUFFALS IN THE GAME HELPS INFECTION LEVELS

- Killing Fluffals accidentally is not only considered bad form, it increases the infection level as there's less of them to defend against Monsta infection"

[quote name='Enclave Soldier']Free apps have gone to the shitter. There was a time when they were pretty good (Creeps, Unity, SkyForce)[/QUOTE]

There was plenty of good stuff available for free last week.

bread's done
Back