iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Theros']So pissed that I missed today's game. It was one of the few I really wanted.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Plus I missed yesterdays game to. Each by literally 15 minutes.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Do a friggin PM`[/QUOTE]
If I knew who to PM I would. A forum for this would be nice. I have searched the web and there is nothing out there for this game.

I am stuck on a different area now but I won't bother you with it anymore.

If there is somebody here that has beaten The Facility and willing to give me a push I would love to hear from you.

[quote name='bobright']there are websites with practically every game on the app store, FREE.....[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Holy @%!@$$ Why have I been paying for apps when I could get them FOR FREE?!?! Please, please - clue us into your wealth of knowledge regarding this mythical method of procuring free software!!!

And then get the fuck out of here, you douche.

[quote name='DtotheP']In the app description for the facility, it specifically says they have a page on their site for people who need hints.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was unhelpful on the place I am stuck.

I wouldn't be here asking questions if it were helpful at all. I still can't believe there are no webpages for help with this game anywhere on the net. Especially for how fun it is.

[quote name='lllGurulll']OK, I give up. What is the Low Security Utilities keycode in The Facility.[/QUOTE]

Multiply the 2 partial IDs together and .... TADAAAAA!!!!!!!

PAC-MAN REMIX dropped to $0.99
804917.png

http://appshopper.com/games/pac-man-remix

MS. PAC-MAN also dropped to $0.99
736660.png

http://appshopper.com/games/ms-pac-man

Ya'll about to make me spend some serious stacks... THPS 2? Pac Man Remix? NICE...

Also...

KARATE CHAMP is out!!! The old Data East arcade game!!!!!!

[quote name='bulletnyourass']Multiply the 2 partial IDs together and .... TADAAAAA!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
I am already past that. I'm stuck on the secondary sewer keycode now. I am positive it is the numbers written on the floor I just can't figure out the rearrangement of the numbers.

iOverTheNet Beach Volley dropped to FREE!!

1.4 WITH BETTER CONTROLS, AI, GRAPHICS, AVAILABLE NOW
The best beach volley of the store!

Reviews:
- Gamesurf: 7/10
- iPhoneItalia: 8/10
- iPhoner: 7/10

iOverTheNet Beach Volley” is the arcade video-game of the most played summer game in all the beaches of the world.
You'll be able to take part in enjoyable and frantic tournaments on the most famous beaches, Miami, Barcelona, Dubai, Montecarlo and many others.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ioverthenet-beach-volley/id355293425?mt=8

Geez, how is Part 1 of something gonna be 339 megs? Either way, I've been in love with Dracula everything lately, so I'm deff in for this, as well as that volleyball game. Bought Pac Man Remix earlier tonight.

Friday free sites update:

Free App a Day has the fantastic Jet Ball (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=21&month=05). "Arkanoid on steroids" would be a pretty apt description.

OpenFeint has the arcade puzzler Addicus (http://itunes.apple.com/app/addicus/id335928797?mt=8).

Great App a Day has the very addictive Devil Invasion (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/devil-invasion/), a clever mix of match-3 and castle defense.

Free App Calendar has the previously-posted iOverTheNet Beach Volley.

Definitely some worthy downloads today. Too bad I already have most of them. . .

[quote name='Dimsdale']Friday free sites update:

Free App a Day has the fantastic Jet Ball (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=21&month=05). "Arkanoid on steroids" would be a pretty apt description.

OpenFeint has the arcade puzzler Addicus (http://itunes.apple.com/app/addicus/id335928797?mt=8).

Great App a Day has the very addictive Devil Invasion (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/devil-invasion/), a clever mix of match-3 and castle defense.

Free App Calendar has the previously-posted iOverTheNet Beach Volley.

Definitely some worthy downloads today. Too bad I already have most of them. . .[/QUOTE]
RECOMMEND Jet Ball! If you enjoy brick breaking games, you'll have a lot of fun with this one.

If you don't have Devil Invasion, do not miss out on this app. It is great, albeit very hard on any difficulty beyond easy. Plays great on the ipad as well.

[quote name='bigrozz']Last Gameloft freebie is Siberian Strike.[/QUOTE]

Here's the link:
gameloft

Last #iPhone #HappyHour : Siberian Strike is #FREE for 2 hours http://j.mp/bZynsd Follow @Gameloft for more giveaways very soon

I'm 9/10 on these! Only missed the random 4am one. Thanks gameloft! :applause:

Edit: By the way on my iphone shows up as free in search and then $.99 on the actual game page :| Same with itunes, but I was able to click on the free link to purchase the app from the search options. Hopefully I didn't get charged.

Usually clicking on the free link on the search page will give it to you free but this time it said it would charge me.

NM you can now click on the link from the search page if it still says .99 on the download page.

That was weird. My Touch search and iTunes itself both showed Siberian Strike at .99 but the Gameloft link showed it as free. It downloaded without asking if I wanted to purchase so I assume it went through as free.

at first it wanted to debit my account, so i canceled that. I refreshed it two more times and clicked the "free" instead of the actual game name to find more details and it downloaded it as free for me

Already have Siberian Strike. It's OK.

Thanks for the heads up on Jet Ball being free. I've been playing it today and it's a very solid arkanoid variant. Good stuff, especially for free!

Satisfy your mecha/robo urges with MetalWars (http://www.appshopper.com/games/metalwars), FREE for 4 days only.

"Metal Wars is Full 3D Shooting Game that attacks and destroys enemies while upgrading to various parts of bots and using variety of weapons.
Not only can you destroy enemies on your own but can also be played alongside other players
You can create your own machine by assembling parts and weapons that you earn from each stage.

Playing this game is simple.
Control using the two joy pads. Left pad is for moving and the right pad is for aiming and shooting.
Touch the right pad lightly to move the player’s view and if you hold down the touch, the weapon will be fire.
You can choose different weapons according to different situations.
There are 3 commands on the left-hand side of the screen you can use towards your fellow players
As you clear each stage, more powerful weapons and new parts will be given to the player.
You can clear difficult stages easily playing alongside with your fellow players."

MegaJump has dropped from .99 to FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/mega-jump/id370398167?mt=8#). Everybody jump. . .jump. . .

“Get ready to blast off on an epic jumping journey with Mega Jump!
Collect coins, grab crazy powerups, and evade monsters to boost yourself to the edge of the Universe and beyond!

Mega Jump has got what you need:
★ Eye-popping cartoon graphics and beautiful multi-layered backdrops
★ Grab Fireball and Super Nova Mega Boosts and hang on for a fiery ride!
★ Collect coins and stars for big points and huge combo boosts
★ Turn into a Balloon! Strap on some Jump Boots! Become a Coin Magnet! Hover with the Action Umbrella!
★ Watch out for killer items that'll stop you dead in your tracks!
★ Hilarious sound effects and a bumping sound track!
★ Discover the Secret at the End of the Universe...
★ Part of OpenFeint, the largest social gaming network on the iPhone!
★ Dozens of unlockable achievements for maximum gamerscore!
★ Online worldwide leaderboards!
★ Compete with your friends on Facebook and Twitter!

What are you waiting for? Grab Mega Jump and start jumping! "

I downloaded MetalWars, Biodefense Zombie and Mega Jump. Already played Mega Jump and it does seem to be good (as advertised). Seemed the other two were at least worth downloading and giving a try...

Anyone played Axion yet? It's a new RPG that's on sale for $3, which ends today. It has good reviews in the store, but I would like some extra feedback before I make my final decision.

The Infinity Project is currently on sale for .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/the-infinity-project/id344783567?mt=8). The link may still have $1.29 on it, but the price is only .99 on iTunes. I'm kind of tempted even though I have way too many unplayed titles to justify spending another dollar. Still. . .
Anyone have any experience with this one?

"This is not your typical FPS, this is an Adventure / Action FPS, a different kind of FPS for the iPhone. This is not the same old follow the arrow and shoot bad guys like a lemming FPS. This exploration / adventure game with a FPS look & feel has tons of content with hours & hours of play time. Immerse yourself in The Infinity Project.

The year is 2248, Earth is at war with the Talon’s, a technologically advanced race bent on stripping Earth for its resources. As Commander Ethan Avery, you’re sent to Infinity Station, a research and development facility located in deep space currently developing controversial technologies and military weapons. Earth has lost contact with the Top Secret station and sends you to investigate. Captain Onora Zorion will help guide you via a Secure Communications Link. Infinity Station is large and easy to get lost in, use the signs posted next to some doors to help guide you. Explore the station to find keys that unlock the next area of the station. Unlock the mystery behind The Infinity Project.

Once you are on-board, strange things start to happen, and you realize, this is no normal space station and this is no normal rescue mission. You are about to start an adventure you will never forget.

With stunning 3D graphics and sound, The Infinity Project features a wide-open world to explore. Enter every room you can, you never know what you may find.

You have multiple weapons, to include grenades, a rocket launcher, and laser rifles. You start out with two weapons; gain more by beating bosses. As you progress through the game, you will encounter different kinds of enemies and tasks you must complete."

I totally bought Tony Hawk 2 at 5 bucks, and Daredevil Dave.

This is just awesome. Also got both versions of Zombie Defense for free. Yeah, the HD one is free too.

bread's done
Back