iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']Even though I have it for the psp, I'm still interested to have a game like that on my phone.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to have it on a portable system, no?

;)

[quote name='gunm']I'm not sure what to think about GTA CW on iphone. On one hand, I'm really interested and happy it's only $10, but on the other hand I agree w/Pachter that devs are shooting themselves in the foot by offerring "console quality" games on iphone/itouch for a fraction of the price. I'm glad I held off on that title for DS and PSP, though, make no mistake about that...[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Your opinion sucks.

The iPhone/iTouch market is COMPLETELY different from the DS/PSP market.

Maybe 20% of the markets MAX overlap.

Plus, you overlook those who've abandoned gaming portables since the i's have come out. It's not just me, all of my tween cousins have forgotten their NintenSony machines.

[quote name='seanr1221']Even though I have it for the psp, I'm still interested to have a game like that on my phone.[/QUOTE]

It's great, as long as you don't get phone calls.

:whistle2:(

When the fuck will the iPhone get multitasking?

:headache:

[quote name='mykevermin']It would be nice to have it on a portable system, no?

;)[/QUOTE]

Yep, especially one that actually fits in a pocket.

:roll:

[quote name='Hostile']It definitely sounds like it was ripped off from a JRPG.

I would go with Dragon Quest though.[/QUOTE]

THey should develope DQ series for the iPhone......:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='manthing']It's great, as long as you don't get phone calls.

:whistle2:(

When the fuck will the iPhone get multitasking?

:headache:
[/QUOTE]

suppossed to be some iteration of it in FW 4.0

[quote name='cycophuk']Jesus, you are just now commenting on what I said? After this amount of time, wouldn't it have been better to have just ignored it? What benefit does it bring by stilling talking about it? I've learned my lesson and pwomise never do it again. Now, let's focus on games deals from this point on, ok?[/QUOTE]
In Japan on business. Not lots of time to CAG -- though I did buy The Deep and Spider off recommendations here (trying to bring it back on-topic).
Weird thing about my iPhone in Japan: If I have it on, it sucks battery 2x quicker than at home. I think it's because it keeps searching for a signal. If I put it on Airplane Mode, that doesn't happen.

Alien Glyphs and Buster Red are free today. There's also now a lite version of Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies. I download all 3. I've tried Buster Red a tiny bit and it's so far, at least, a pretty mediocre vertical shooter, nowhere near as fun as Sky Force Reloaded (and Sky Force), but it's free, so why not? It's got OpenFeint, which is nice. I haven't tried the others yet.

Angel Rush is also free today and also seems to be a decent vertical shooter with polarity (ala Ikaruga). The controls are a little flaky (swipe down to change polarity doesn't always seem to work for me), but for free, it's a fun diversion.

Chinatown Wars Cheats!

http://toucharcade.com/2010/01/22/grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars-cheats-revealed/

Each of these cheats are entered by moving the magnetic letters around on the mission replay board to spell out the various cheats. These mission replay boards can be found inside of any safe house.
Entering any of these codes will change your weapon load out:
LOADOA – Grenade, nightstick, pistol, minigun, assault rifle, micro SMG, and stubby shotgun.
LOADOB – Molotov, tazer, dual pistols, flamethrower, carbine, SMG, and dual-barrel shotgun.
LOADOC – Mine, chainsaw, revolver, flamethrower, carbine, SMG, and dual-barrel shotgun.
LOADOD – Flashbang, bat, pistol, RPG, carbine, micro SMB and stubby shotgun.

Entering these codes have other effects:
CASHIN – Grants $10,000 extra cash.
LIFEUP – Refills your life to full.
SHELLY – Refills your armor to full.
TRIPPY – Unknown
COPIN – Raises your wanted level by 1 star.
COPOUT – Lowers your wanted level by 1 star.
A cheat is successfully entered when the letters return to their original position and a message is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Other cheats are actively being searched for in this thread on our forums and for more information on Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, check out our review.

Scantily clad ass kicking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpvx_9v3HSE

Also, transformers is coming to the iphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLkqZmEf7CY

399058.png
Aurora Feint II: Arena Daemons is free today, normally $4.99.

http://appshopper.com/games/aurora-feint-ii-the-arena

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I'm having problems trying to get this. iTunes store keeps saying the price is being modified.[/QUOTE]
Just checked again, seems to be working for me.

Link didn't work for me, but searching for "Aurora Feint II: Arena Daemons" in iTunes worked. I didn't realize there were so many versions of "Aurora Feint II". What is the difference between this and "Aurora Feint II: The Beginning" and "Aurora Feint II: Tower Puzzles (which is also free, but perhaps always?)

EDIT: also grabbing Hippo High Dive. Thanks for the heads up on both games. Aurora Feint II I'm not excited about, though, as I didn't care for Aurora Feint 1! But for free I figure I'll give the sequel a shot.

[quote name='manthing']The iPhone/iTouch market is COMPLETELY different from the DS/PSP market.

Maybe 20% of the markets MAX overlap.[/QUOTE]

The point isn't that they're two different markets--of course they're different. What Pachter is saying is that devs are going to have a harder time making money in both markets by underpricing the games for ipod/itouch. It's really more his opinion than mine. I'm just saying I know what he's getting at. Ultimately, I'd rather pay less than more, but not if it's at the expense of losing out on a wider selection of quality titles.

Hey does anyone have any suggestions for a game that is similar to Angry Birds? I just beat it and would love to play something similar.

[quote name='chief928']Hey does anyone have any suggestions for a game that is similar to Angry Birds? I just beat it and would love to play something similar.[/QUOTE]

Crush the Castle is very similar. There's a free demo version, and one on adultswim.com (which is a little easier to play).

[quote name='Malik112099']
Scantily clad ass kicking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpvx_9v3HSE
[/QUOTE]
Fixed it for you :)

Does anyone know any games on the APP STORE that are like the game a Kingdom for Keflings . If no then I definately going to hit up NinjaBee with an email with a suggestion . If anyone replies then THANKS : )

[quote name='Malik112099']GODDAMMIT

Sword & Poker is addicting as hell[/QUOTE]

I've never paid for an Ipod app yet, but I'm probably going to buy this. What pushed it over the edge for me was finding out that GAIA was founded by a former Atlus founder, Kouji Okada.

missed out on aurora feint.

I quite enjoy the free ones, but don't particularly care about the differences enough. Would have found the space for it were it still free though.

[quote name='donburns99']It is emulated/ported by Capcom. Can't personally say how well it plays though.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you it plays alright but it just reminds me how boring and nostalgia-overrated MM2 has come to be over the years.

Sword and Poker.... best 99 cents I ever spent...

Puzzle Quest...then Galactrix...then Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, now Sword and Poker... I am loving how mixing puzzle games into RPG combat has turned out so well....RPGs are fun again!

So my wife picked up an iTouch for her - any good suggestions for 2 player games over two iTouches? Any good ones on sale? We are pretty open to types of games.

[quote name='fuss']So my wife picked up an iTouch for her - any good suggestions for 2 player games over two iTouches? Any good ones on sale? We are pretty open to types of games.[/QUOTE]
Peggle.

[quote name='fuss']So my wife picked up an iTouch for her - any good suggestions for 2 player games over two iTouches? Any good ones on sale? We are pretty open to types of games.[/QUOTE]
Words with Friends and Depict are both great multiplayer games. So is Scramble 2 (basically Boggle).

[quote name='cycophuk']Not sure what the deal is, but it's still showing .99 for me. Anyone else having this issue as well?[/QUOTE]
Price is now updated and showing as free. Lock 'n load.

Seed of Salvation is free today. Only played first few levels, but seems like a pretty fun little game (trying to navigate a ball to an exit point in each level by flicking it with physics that bounce the ball of the walls). Better than a lot of other free trash out there.

Also, haven't played it, but some are saying PrincessTD, which also went free today, is worth a look.

EDIT: Corrected space issue with PrincessTD title. Thanks AndrewsAwesome4.

[quote name='awp']Seed of Salvation is free today. Only played first few levels, but seems like a pretty fun little game (trying to navigate a ball to an exit point in each level by flicking it with physics that bounce the ball of the walls). Better than a lot of other free trash out there.

Also, haven't played it, but some are saying Princess TD, which also went free today, is worth a look.[/QUOTE]

Yeah PrincessTD is pretty fun . Incase someone looks it up there isnt a space between Princess and TD : )

bread's done
Back