iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EvilIA']Thanks for Seed of Salvation. What is "Princess TD"?[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it yet, but it's a Tower Defense game. And as someone already corrected me, if you're searching for it on iTunes, it's PrincessTD (without the space).

[quote name='hollowfreak']I think I'll pass on Princess STD but I grabbed Seed of Salvation and Real Deer Hunting ... not Hunter.[/QUOTE]

I took a look at PrincessTD and wasn't really blown away ... can't find Princess STD on the App store though, and frankly that sounds alot more interesting and mildly disgusting ...

[quote name='RollingSkull']I can tell you it plays alright but it just reminds me how boring and nostalgia-overrated MM2 has come to be over the years.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the fact that MM2 plays like ass on the iPod is ruining just how good MM2 is. The jumps are floaty. You don't get that awesome tactile feedback like you do with an actual controller. The screen is entirely too small to make up for the virtual d-pad. The music is still awesome, though.

Mega Man 2 is still a fine 2-D action game. You'll just have to pay $5 on Virtual Console or play it on a good emulator in order to realize it.

Does anyone want to volunteer to start an OpenFeint thread or list so we can all add each other? My username is courageous. Feel free to add me.

[quote name='chrisswiss83']Perhaps the fact that MM2 plays like ass on the iPod is ruining just how good MM2 is. The jumps are floaty. You don't get that awesome tactile feedback like you do with an actual controller. The screen is entirely too small to make up for the virtual d-pad. The music is still awesome, though.

Mega Man 2 is still a fine 2-D action game. You'll just have to pay $5 on Virtual Console or play it on a good emulator in order to realize it.[/QUOTE]

The jumps are the exact same way they were on the NES game. I would know. I broke back out my copy of the MM Collection just to test that little theory of yours. The game is still boring. The controls are less than ideal on iPhone but apart from that it has all the fundamentals of the MM2 experience you need.

Seriously, Air Man is the only non-crap level in the bunch, and even then he ain't anything worth remembering.

A couple of friends and I just had our first game approved on the app store recently, It's called Valet Hero. It has a play mechanic reminiscent of Flight Control, but the game itself is actually quite different in regards to scoring and level strategy. If you like line drawing games I think it's right up there with the best of them.

Anyway, $1.99 on the appstore.

Any feedback would be very appreciated. Hope you enjoy!

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/valet-hero/id351543053?mt=8

351543053-0.jpg

[quote name='dougstill']Openfeint name is Ruben Rybnik[/QUOTE]

Do you mind if i add you because I just got my iPhone recently and cant play anything with anyone . Just let me know

are there any good apps/ways to organize a non jailbroken ipod touch. I've got 12 pages of stuff and its getting really difficult to organize.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Do you mind if i add you because I just got my iPhone recently and cant play anything with anyone . Just let me know[/QUOTE]

Please add me. Anyone may. I am always looking for other people to play some games with. I will say it again that Words with Friends is a fun Scrabble game. Free with ads. My name for that is the same as openfeint.
I have three games going on with that already.

[quote name='caltab']are there any good apps/ways to organize a non jailbroken ipod touch. I've got 12 pages of stuff and its getting really difficult to organize.[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of . But you should definately J-Break it , once you do download Categories from Cydia and it is very useful . I have over 179 apps and only have 4 pages filled up : )

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Not that I know of . But you should definately J-Break it , once you do download Categories from Cydia and it is very useful . I have over 179 apps and only have 4 pages filled up : )[/QUOTE]

Which site did you use to J-break?

[quote name='pbnate88']Which site did you use to J-break?[/QUOTE]

While you have your ipod/iphone connected go to blackra1n.com ( must put number 1 in the url instead of an " I " ) . On the botton of the page you will see a Windows Icon and a Mac Icon . Click the icon for whatever kind of operating system you have . Then you just download file . then start file and click the button that says " make it rain " . It is as easy as that . If you need help just PM me : )

[quote name='caltab']are there any good apps/ways to organize a non jailbroken ipod touch. I've got 12 pages of stuff and its getting really difficult to organize.[/QUOTE]

Gotta also recommend categoriesSB, SBsettings, multiflow, backgrounder, overboard, etc. Great apps. Some are pay ones, but you can get around that ;).

Anyways, my openfeint is rayonseng.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Not that I know of . But you should definately J-Break it , once you do download Categories from Cydia and it is very useful . I have over 179 apps and only have 4 pages filled up : )[/QUOTE]

This program does not seem to do what it was implied to do, either than or there are two apps with the same name. The version I just wasted 1$ on is just a replacement for the appstore app, fuckin useless at organizing the items already on my phone.

[quote name='stoned99']This program does not seem to do what it was implied to do, either than or there are two apps with the same name. The version I just wasted 1$ on is just a replacement for the appstore app, fuckin useless at organizing the items already on my phone.[/QUOTE]

You got the wrong program then, buddy. Categories is free.

[quote name='tenchim86']Gotta also recommend categoriesSB, SBsettings, multiflow, backgrounder, overboard, etc. Great apps. Some are pay ones, but you can get around that ;).

Anyways, my openfeint is rayonseng.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find a single 1 of these apps in the appstore.

[quote name='tenchim86']You got the wrong program then, buddy. Categories is free.[/QUOTE]

So go try and find it in the iTunes App store. I'm assuming we're not talking about non apple sanctioned apps's, because if we are it would be nice for the poster to actually point that small detail out to the reset of us.

[quote name='stoned99']So go try and find it in the iTunes App store. I'm assuming we're not talking about non apple sanctioned apps's, because if we are it would be nice for the poster to actually point that small detail out to the reset of us.[/QUOTE]It's a jailbroken app.

[quote name='stoned99']So go try and find it in the iTunes App store. I'm assuming we're not talking about non apple sanctioned apps's, because if we are it would be nice for the poster to actually point that small detail out to the reset of us.[/QUOTE]

I stated that Categories was in CYDIA . And I thought everyone would have known better than CYDIA was a app you get afterjailbreaking . There are multiple videos on youtube if YOU need help

Well the original post said from cydia, which made me think it was the developer. I don't really see any need for me to jailbreak my phone just to gain access to a foldering app. So I guess I'll wait until someone suggests a non jailbroke equivalent.

[quote name='stoned99']Well the original post said from cydia, which made me think it was the developer. I don't really see any need for me to jailbreak my phone just to gain access to a foldering app. So I guess I'll wait until someone suggests a non jailbroke equivalent.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not holding your breath. It could be awhile before anyone suggests a non-jailbroken one because I don't think it exists.

[quote name='rew']A couple of friends and I just had our first game approved on the app store recently, It's called Valet Hero. It has a play mechanic reminiscent of Flight Control, but the game itself is actually quite different in regards to scoring and level strategy. If you like line drawing games I think it's right up there with the best of them.

Anyway, $1.99 on the appstore.

Any feedback would be very appreciated. Hope you enjoy!

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/valet-hero/id351543053?mt=8

351543053-0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on putting out an iPhone game, rew! Best of luck with it.

[quote name='stoned99']Well the original post said from cydia, which made me think it was the developer. I don't really see any need for me to jailbreak my phone just to gain access to a foldering app. So I guess I'll wait until someone suggests a non jailbroke equivalent.[/QUOTE]

lol

New to Apple products? I think Steve Jobs can out-stubborn you.

good luck with that especially if a folder app is plain ole not allowed by apple. You will find that jailbreaking is very useful. I have apps that I dont use often enough to keep on my pages so I hide them through sbsettings and then when I want them i go to the search page and type in their name...works like a champ....i can also send and receive texts over top of any app, program, etc...that alone is worth jailbreaking and the phone doesnt even know it's jailbroken

[quote name='Malik112099']good luck with that especially if a folder app is plain ole not allowed by apple. You will find that jailbreaking is very useful. I have apps that I dont use often enough to keep on my pages so I hide them through sbsettings and then when I want them i go to the search page and type in their name...works like a champ....i can also send and receive texts over top of any app, program, etc...that alone is worth jailbreaking and the phone doesnt even know it's jailbroken[/QUOTE]

I got the original iphone day 1, have a 3g,and a touch I got for free with my macbook and have managed to go this long without ever really looking into jailbreaking any of them. I'm seriously considering it with my touch now though cause there seem to be a lot of useful utilities apple has been neglecting.

On another note, I'm looking forward to tomorrows big reveal, I think there is gonna be a big emphasis on games. I'm pretty sure ill be getting a tablet since app's have become my favorite form of gaming...I wonder if CAG will eventual have a app's/download forum.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Congratulations on putting out an iPhone game, rew! Best of luck with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, so much! I'm hoping people enjoy it!

Actually, the poster said 'but you should definitely jailbreak it, once you do'...

At that point, you should have realized that his recommendation of Categories was for a jailbroken ipod. I really don't think the problem was with his post.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The jumps are the exact same way they were on the NES game. I would know. I broke back out my copy of the MM Collection just to test that little theory of yours. The game is still boring. The controls are less than ideal on iPhone but apart from that it has all the fundamentals of the MM2 experience you need.

Seriously, Air Man is the only non-crap level in the bunch, and even then he ain't anything worth remembering.[/QUOTE]
I really only played the demo, but the jumps just feel floatier than the real deal. Mega Man only jumps up to the height I hold the A button for. It was not awesome.

How anyone can dislike Mega Man 2 so much is beyond me. There aren't many 2-D action games, especially on the NES, that simply feel right and never cross into unfair territory (though Quick Man's stage is a bitch if you don't use Flash Man's weapon). I suppose the Metal Blade is a bit overpowered, and maybe the stages aren't as interesting as Mega Man 9's, but it's still a good time. Perhaps what puts it over the top for me is the music. I honestly can't think of any other NES game with so many damn good songs. So I guess feel free to call it overrated. Whatever you like is overrated too.

[quote name='chrisswiss83']whatever you like is overrated too.[/quote]
What? I... IMPOSSIBLE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks for the heads up on iBomber and Trundle. I download both, but haven't tried them yet. The iPhone deals, especially free for a day deals and such, are so ridiculous. I keep getting new games and putting previous ones down. I'm never going to finish anything! EDIT: not that I'm complaining! :)

bread's done
Back