iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enclave Soldier']Pissed Off Birds just got an update with 15 new levels :applause:[/QUOTE]
Ah the app that keeps on giving :). Best $1 I've ever spent on the app store.

[quote name='blu_yu_away']Ah the app that keeps on giving :). Best $1 I've ever spent on the app store.[/QUOTE]

angry birds? or is this something else?

In addition to the Free App a Day freebies (above), here are a few more free app site offerings:

OpenFeint has Catch the Egg (http://itunes.apple.com/app/catch-the-egg/id290373030?mt=8). Yep, it's pretty much self-explanatory.
Great App a Day is showing Robot Rampage (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/robot-rampage/).
Free App Calendar has a re-run with Zepi: Pirates (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=81).

Your bonus price-drop-freebie is the faintly Missile Command-like Earth vs Moon Silver Edition (http://itunes.apple.com/app/earth-vs-moon-silver-edition/id366589871?mt=8).

Have a great Saturday!

[quote name='eastx']Fire Thief, you think everything is great. It all blurs together.[/QUOTE]

While I certainly agree with that sentiment, in this case he's actually right. Angry Birds is a very well put together game.

Offtopic, anyone playing Dizzypad and on Plus+? I'd like to add a few people so I can unlock the achievement/frog for having 5 friends with the game. I'm Thrak on there.

[quote name='Thrakker']While I certainly agree with that sentiment, in this case he's actually right. Angry Birds is a very well put together game.

Offtopic, anyone playing Dizzypad and on Plus+? I'd like to add a few people so I can unlock the achievement/frog for having 5 friends with the game. I'm Thrak on there.[/QUOTE]

I've got it, plus name is caltab

Any iPod Touch users who bought Espgaluda II on sale (like me)- the update just went live that actually enables the game! :hot: Go forth and shoot a bunch of stuff!

Also, I think Babylonian Twins might be my favorite platformer on the device. Really elegant puzzle mechanics and tense, old-school style platforming. Controls are acceptable, but not great, but that sometimes adds to the appeal, sorta.

http://appshopper.com/games/babylonian-twins-the-quest-for-peace-in-ancient-iraq

Hey people I need EVERYONE'S help I can get

1. I have an iPhone 1st Gen ( 8GB )
2. I was installing a VERY large app ( iBird Explorer Pro )
3. About halfway through my phone locked up , I wait about 30 Min. to confirm it was fully locked up.
4. I then tried to shut-off and it wouldnt , so I held the home and power button down for 8 seconds to turn off , and it did ( turn off )
5. I pressed the power button to turn on the iPhone and now it freezes at the Apple Logo , I have tried turning it off and on MULTIPLE times , but nothing nadahh
6. Can anyone tell me what I should do ?

[quote name='Malik112099']When you say it freezes, does it go into a permanent reboot cycle or does it just hang at the apple logo for forever?[/QUOTE]

it just hangs at the APPLE LOGO . doesnt ever go further than that :cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='Thrakker']While I certainly agree with that sentiment, in this case he's actually right. Angry Birds is a very well put together game.

Offtopic, anyone playing Dizzypad and on Plus+? I'd like to add a few people so I can unlock the achievement/frog for having 5 friends with the game. I'm Thrak on there.[/QUOTE]

I've got about half the achievements for DizzyPad but am still missing this one. Feel free to add m if you still need more. Plus+ name is QuantamPulse

Not a game but what's your favorite cooking app(s)?

How to Cook Everything is on sale for $2 and I was wondering if that was recommended.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']it just hangs at the APPLE LOGO . doesnt ever go further than that :cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

do you eventually get the little loading circle on top of the logo?

[quote name='Hostile']Not a game but what's your favorite cooking app(s)?

How to Cook Everything is on sale for $2 and I was wondering if that was recommended.[/QUOTE]

Downloaded it, havent tried it but I like it. Epicurious is a must as well.

578583.png

3D Game Pack dropped a buck to $0.99

INSANE SALE!!! BUY NOW FOR 50% OFF IT'S REGULAR PRICE!!!
6 AWESOME games for the price of 1!
These are all FULL versions.
These popular games have sold thousands at regular prices now they are on sale for one low price.

http://www.appshopper.com/games/3d-game-pack

FIRE THIEF THINKS THIS IS AWESOME... Ha... just kidding...

780893.png

Penguin Panic
-------------------------------------------
An old iPhone favorite!

Available now for the first time in the App Store!

For a limited time I’m giving it away for free!
-----------------------------------------------------

Not sure if its good but it has good reviews and its free.

558563.png

Kill the Fly Complete
In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Kill the Fly is Free for TODAY only.

*** 4/5 - "Killing fly's have never been such fun" (Touchreviews)
*** 4/5 - "In the end, there’s really only one sentence I can recommend in advice. As wise master Xou Han says, with the gravest of sageness, KILL THEM ALL." (AppStruck)
*** 3.5/5 - "A simple game that you'll enjoy if you like quick sessions" (Ecetia)
*** 3.5/5 - "Kill the Fly's replay value is enormous!" (JmobiL)

>
>

You can watch the video of the game at http://www.playsteria.com

or download it here.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kill-the-fly-complete/id356558563?mt=8

Have you unlock all the boards yet, it's hard as hell. It's really more of a sim then a game, I like it though...I have the iPad version.

Fruit ninjas and super 7 for .99 are awesome btw.

[quote name='Morphx2']i agree, that game looks kinda boring[/QUOTE]

I also agree with you.. I watched the video and was thinking... .um... yeah. that looks dumb! That is the worst video to try to get you to buy the game. Oh well.. Maybe its better then it appears. But I for one am not interested. not at all. :drool:

Just go to any Apple store and check out an iPad. They all have Touchgrind HD... Play it... it's just really awesome. Of course, I've always loved playing with Tech Decks, so this game has always caught me from the start.

[quote name='ryushe']That doesn't look fun. That doesn't look fun at all.[/QUOTE]

omg i bought this trash game, it is TERRIBLE.

[quote name='poker360']omg i bought this trash game, it is TERRIBLE.[/QUOTE]
See previous quote..

[quote name='eastx']Fire Thief, you think everything is great. It all blurs together.[/QUOTE]

Wait for a second opinion. Fire Thief thinks everything is great!!

I almost bought a 101 games in one app, that FIRE THIEF said was awesome. I waited 2 days and at that point he said it was terrible.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad he enjoys everything. I wish I was easily amused with crap games, I would spend a lot less on good quality games.

[quote name='Decker']Touchgrind is made by the same folks as Labyrinth 2. That game is the same price and about 100X more fun.[/QUOTE]

I second the LABYRINTH 2, That game is sweet!! Anyone try it on the IPAD? How does it look?

bread's done
Back