iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
563888.png

Tilt Pool - FREE

Tilt Pool is a fun iPhone or iPod game that lets you play pool in a new and fun way. At the beginning of the game the balls are positioned in a given position. By slowly tilting your device, the balls will roll across the pool table. The balls have different friction with the pool table and for this reason move at different speeds. The goal of the game is to roll colored balls into the matching colored pool table pockets. The trick of the game is that if the black ball rolls into any of the pockets - you lose, and have to start again. You have to score maximum points in the minimum time. If a colored ball rolls into the matching colored pocket you gain 20 points, otherwise you gain 10 point.
WARNING: If the black ball rolls into any pocket you LOSE!

http://www.appshopper.com/games/tilt-pool

Am I the only one surprised that Sexy Poker is on the Wii too? Evidently it's fairly tame from what I hear, but I'm not sure who they're attempting to appeal to. It's like ... provocative if you're 13 I guess ... but not quite 'sexy' enough to hold an adult male's interest ... anyway ... now that it's back to 99 cents I guess I will have to continue living my life without knowing the touch of the sexy poker ;-p

009561.png

BuzzBee
BuzzBee is Utopian Games 2nd release on the app store following on from the highly acclaimed Tumble Jumble.

BuzzBee is a one touch game with easy pick up and play mechanics but also offers a challenge for serious gamers.

Similar to Dizzy Pad.. no open feint or Plus but hopefully they will add it in the future. Adding achievements would add to the replay value of this game.

Decent for FREE

http://www.appshopper.com/games/buzzbee

$800 is good for part time and living with parents... Considering I can spend it ALL. I bet all of you can't spend that much and you make 4x over!

Anyways, I was playing TouchGrind in public today... Everyone was amazed at it. They all want iPod touches now.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']$800 is good for part time and living with parents... Considering I can spend it ALL. I bet all of you can't spend that much and you make 4x over!

Anyways, I was playing TouchGrind in public today... Everyone was amazed at it. They all want iPod touches now.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to make sure that all the folks who are currently blocking you got to read this too :lol:

I just realized ... are you flipping everyone off in your picture? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fire_Thief']$800 is good for part time and living with parents... Considering I can spend it ALL. I bet all of you can't spend that much and you make 4x over!

Anyways, I was playing TouchGrind in public today... Everyone was amazed at it. They all want iPod touches now.[/QUOTE]

touchgrind is one of the worst games i have ever played in my ipod touch, and on top of that i think i paid $5 for it.

what a waste

[quote name='etcrane']I just wanted to make sure that all the folks who are currently blocking you got to read this too :lol:

I just realized ... are you flipping everyone off in your picture? ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha LMAO , I am suprised you avent blocked him yet , lmao

Wow, playing TouchGrind in public eh... Thats a big step. Maybe the first to recovery.

I am glad you enjoy Touchgrind. Just don't try to convince the rest of us that it's a good game.

If you like it, that is all that matters.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I guess so. Motocross Challenge is LOUD!!!11[/QUOTE]

There should be a volume rocker button on the left side of your touch. Press the lower portion of the button and your volume will decrease. Making it less LOUD!!!

Anyways, I was playing TouchGrind in public today... Everyone was amazed at it. They all want iPod touches now.[/QUOTE]Yep, time to put this guy on my ignore list. Good luck with the rest of your life if that's how you're living when things are easy.

[quote name='107proof']Not a sale but.....

374566.png

Alive 4-ever RETURNS for $1.99
Your nightmares continue in action-packed zombie slaughter game...

Alive 4-ever RETURNS, a sequel to the popular zombie shooter game of the same name, a game that received rave reviews, and was positioned as one of the best games available in the App Store in 2009.

http://www.appshopper.com/games/alive-4-ever-returns[/QUOTE]Hell yeah! Buying now!

ok nvm I changed my tune. The ignore option is great

HIT N'RUN just got an update. If you don't have this game yet. I recommend it. Especially for a buck! Great racing/puzzler game. Very unique and hard to put down.
548868.png

Hit N'Run
An addictive mix of a full-blown 3D racing game and a Tetris®-like dynamic puzzle. Weave in and out of traffic at high speeds and hit cars of the proper color. Have fun breaking traffic regulations and following worst driving practices. Hit N'Run pushes the limits of gameplay on a handheld device. Choose your own speed and pace: from comfortable and relaxed to extreme and outright mad.

http://www.appshopper.com/games/hit-nrun

Gryotate is pretty cool. Not a game but the Strip Designer app is 99 cents. Basically it let's you create comic strips using your pictures. very easy to use and I was able to get good results in just a matter of minutes. Sale ends tonight I believe.

[quote name='mcdaking84']ok nvm I changed my tune. The ignore option is great[/QUOTE]

I know. I never even thought about using it until one person mentioned it and I was like hmm, how do I do this, I know just who to ignore. I bet no one who reads this thread even knew the option existed and then someone mentioned it and a mass ignore took place.

[quote name='cougar65']I know. I never even thought about using it until one person mentioned it and I was like hmm, how do I do this, I know just who to ignore. I bet no one who reads this thread even knew the option existed and then someone mentioned it and a mass ignore took place.[/QUOTE]
I don't get it. What prompted him to say that, why is it annoying, and who is he?

And Little Metal Ball looks fantastic for a free game. A lot of games have such crappy icons :bomb:

[quote name='deletion']107proof - thanks so much for all the updates!! appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

NO Thanks is necessary. I have taken advantage of several deals posted by others. Just trying to give back.

I have been spoiled with all the free apps recently. But I do recommend BUYING.

Tilt To Live.
454448.png

New update makes it even a stronger MUST OWN.
http://www.appshopper.com/games/tilt-to-live

Hit N'Run
548868.png

Also recently updated with landscape mode. Very cool racing, puzzle combo game. Very addicting. and only $0.99

http://www.appshopper.com/games/hit-nrun

I highly recommend swords and poker. I have been playing all day instead of studying for finals

well worth the money although it does get pretty easy after a while. Anyone know how many levels are in total?

[quote name='Wiendog']I was watching the vids of hit n' run and I'm wondering how it's difficulty curve is. It looks kind of easy.[/QUOTE]

there are 2 difficulty modes and 3 game modes. Its not exactly easy. They released an update today, I haven't tried it yet but it adds landscape mode. Not sure what else. I paid $1.99 for it and don't feel cheated at all. Its only a buck now.

So after playing Bridge Basher I got the urge to play another bridge building game (or a game like World of Goo). I see there are a few out there, any recommendations?

[quote name='E_G_Man']So after playing Bridge Basher I got the urge to play another bridge building game (or a game like World of Goo). I see there are a few out there, any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Moonlights lite
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moonlights-lite/id332505158?mt=8

Bridge Odyssey
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bridge-odyssey/id344600826?mt=8

I think there is a lite version for Bridge Odyssey too.

There is another one with a bunch of monkeys that cross the bridge but I cant think of the name right now.

I have been a CAG for a while on here but have yet to post anything. I actually originally made an account just so I could see stuff and didnt really care(hence the retarded name IMO) about the account but I feel the urge to post. Thank you both Dimsdale and 107proof, I have found myself constantly coming to this thread just to see the new deals from you guys. This is truly an amazing and awesome thread to behold. Keep up the awesome updates. Also agree the ignore option is fun! I thought I was the only one that thought so and so was a bit TOO enthusiastic about EVERYTHING. Sorry so and so.

BTW gave in to buying SFIV with the new price as i dont see Capcom ever making it cheaper than the 10 bucks again. Im also a big big fan of capcom and street fighter so ive been needing an excuse to buy it. And i kind of have been waiting for an annoucement of some kind of SSFIV version but maybe they ll just do the whole add on updates like they are doing with cammy? hopefully.

[quote name='107proof']Moonlights lite
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moonlights-lite/id332505158?mt=8

Bridge Odyssey
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bridge-odyssey/id344600826?mt=8

I think there is a lite version for Bridge Odyssey too.

There is another one with a bunch of monkeys that cross the bridge but I cant think of the name right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I played the demo for Bridge Odyssey, but it was to short to really get a good feel for the game. I will check out Moonlights. And I think the other game you were talking about is Tiki Towers, which I will check out the demo.

[quote name='Billy Jean']I have been a CAG for a while on here but have yet to post anything. I actually originally made an account just so I could see stuff and didnt really care(hence the retarded name IMO) about the account but I feel the urge to post. Thank you both Dimsdale and 107proof, I have found myself constantly coming to this thread just to see the new deals from you guys. This is truly an amazing and awesome thread to behold. Keep up the awesome updates. Also agree the ignore option is fun! I thought I was the only one that thought so and so was a bit TOO enthusiastic about EVERYTHING. Sorry so and so.

BTW gave in to buying SFIV with the new price as i dont see Capcom ever making it cheaper than the 10 bucks again. Im also a big big fan of capcom and street fighter so ive been needing an excuse to buy it. And i kind of have been waiting for an annoucement of some kind of SSFIV version but maybe they ll just do the whole add on updates like they are doing with cammy? hopefully.[/QUOTE]Well I came here for different reasons back in 2004, more just because the internet was not to what it is now with information just being digg'd and re-tweeted and everything else in front of everyone. Deals were scattered and so when you found them, we would just work on aggregating them.

Anyways, I love this thread as well. I am not a huge game on my iPod touch, but the couple of games that I can get for free or deeply discounted is enough for me.

OK FOLKS. THE ONE EVERYBODY IS WAITING FOR!!! ha... This ones for you Fire thief.

176868.png

DUCK HUNT - ARCADE STYLE SHOOTING FOR KIDS AND THE FAMILY - FREE!!!
Welcome to Duck Hunt the arcade shooting game designed for kids and the entire family.

This simple and fun arcade game challenges you to shoot as many ducks as you can before your two minute time limit runs out.

Make sure you don't shoot the red ducks or the game will be over.

If you shoot all of the ducks before the time runs out, you will get a one minute "BONUS" round to add as many points as you can to your final score.

See if you can make the Duck Hunt top-ten!

http://www.appshopper.com/games/duck-hunt-arcade-style-shooting-for-kids-and-the-family

[quote name='107proof']Isnt it a free update? Why not update?[/QUOTE]

I can but I chose not to because I dont want to rejailbreak and especially re-unlock my phone

P.S. TMOBILE user :cool:

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I can but I chose not to because I dont want to rejailbreak and especially re-unlock my phone

P.S. TMOBILE user :cool:[/QUOTE]

Figured, but there is a way around it. hop on cydia (or Rock) and search for "Firmware 3.1.3" It doesn't update your phone, just fools itunes into thinking its 3.1.3 Use at your own risk.

Let me guess, you were playing in front of a bunch of 5 years old, right?

Otherwise, :lol:

[quote name='107proof']OK FOLKS. THE ONE EVERYBODY IS WAITING FOR!!! ha... This ones for you Fire thief. [/QUOTE]

"freaking amazing." ;)

Posted this over at the Free/Contest section of CAG but as most of the iPhone users in this site checks out this thread, might as well post it here too.

Pool Pro Online 3 for free, today only, April 28, 2010

Here's a review over at touchgen:
http://www.touchgen.net/pool-pro-online-3-review

Judging from the review, this is one sweet pool game. I'll try and post a short impression of it when I get a chance to play.

Here you go ladies and gents, the link for the free game
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pool-...339318700?mt=8

Enjoy

[quote name='ninja dog']in b4 the cease and desist from nintendo![/QUOTE]

Its nothing like Nintendo's Duck Hunt (unfortunately), so I don't see that happening.

[quote name='107proof']OK FOLKS. THE ONE EVERYBODY IS WAITING FOR!!! ha... This ones for you Fire thief.

176868.png

DUCK HUNT - ARCADE STYLE SHOOTING FOR KIDS AND THE FAMILY - FREE!!!
Welcome to Duck Hunt the arcade shooting game designed for kids and the entire family.

This simple and fun arcade game challenges you to shoot as many ducks as you can before your two minute time limit runs out.

Make sure you don't shoot the red ducks or the game will be over.

If you shoot all of the ducks before the time runs out, you will get a one minute "BONUS" round to add as many points as you can to your final score.

See if you can make the Duck Hunt top-ten!

http://www.appshopper.com/games/duck-hunt-arcade-style-shooting-for-kids-and-the-family[/QUOTE]

Way to ruin my morning by saying duck hunt on the app store and not mention it wasn't actually THE duck hunt. I kid, I kid.

[quote name='mcdaking84']I highly recommend swords and poker. I have been playing all day instead of studying for finals

well worth the money although it does get pretty easy after a while. Anyone know how many levels are in total?[/QUOTE]

I want to say it's like 30 or so levels.

bread's done
Back