iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Smaxor']Catan dropped a buck from $4.99 to $3.99. Not sure I'm going to pull the trigger, but I've been really wanting to get it. I love the board game. Have any of you tried it? It's funny/sad how PvZ redefined my value-per-dollar for games on iPhone.[/QUOTE]

still too high. catan just seems like a game i wouldnt play much on my iphone, especially when i have the board game sitting on my shelf. maybe if it goes to $1.99

Sorry, but Space Miner had me laughing like few games have. The dialogue is really pretty funny. Sure, it's a glorified rpg+asteroids, but I kept coming back to it. Well worth 0.99

Guys, got a Q.

I turned back my PC today after work. I was signed out of my itunes account. So I log in again, but all my apps are missing and my music library is gone. Anyone know why something like this would happen? Like it removed everything I had on it.(Stuff wasnt actually deleted)

I was making my APPs collection for when I get a Touch but this sucks if I would need to go and DL everything back.

edit:fixed my problem!

Last edited by a moderator:
Volley has dropped back down from $2.99 to .99 (http://appshopper.com/games/volley).

"Volley is a fast paced multi-touch ball game where you have to slide, jump, smash and trick to win against sixteen super-skilled opponents. Beat the opponent to reach the next level. The higher the levels the harder the opponents.

If you like SlimeVolley you will love Volley. What makes Volley different from the other Volleyball and SlimeVolley-Games on the AppStore is it's fine-grained collision detection, it's superior responsiveness, correct physics, a fast gameplay and the 16 levels with a well balanced AI for a rich gaming experience. And the best of all is the usage of Apple's multi-touch technology to move a player by sliding instead of pushing buttons."

wordPlunge has plunged from $1.99 to FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/wordplunge/id337768436?mt=8#)

"A falling blocks style game with letters.

Two letters fall at a time. Place the block of two letters to form three and four letter words. Touch the block to rotate it. Pull it to the left and to the right. Try to separate the letters as they fall into place.

Build as many words as you can before your tower reaches the top of the screen.

Easy to play --- Hours of fun"

Any one tried Bottle Hunt? It just dropped to $0.99.

Also picked up Inkies this morning. Been working all day and Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Speaking of Space Miner, it is set to go on sale for 99c tonight (May 1st).[/QUOTE]

Man, I hope your right, I have plenty of games to play, but I will spend another buck for that one. Geez. I need more free time to play all these games.

Thanks for the heads up!

Tried tiptop and I'm a little drunk but I found the line drawing lemmings style somewhat annoying on such a small screen.

[quote name='Corvin']Showing up $1.99 on the app store.[/QUOTE]
Well, crap. . .you're right. It was free earlier. Looks like it bounced back up to 2 bucks.

[quote name='darknight88']Guys, got a Q.

I turned back my PC today after work. I was signed out of my itunes account. So I log in again, but all my apps are missing and my music library is gone. Anyone know why something like this would happen? Like it removed everything I had on it.(Stuff wasnt actually deleted)

I was making my APPs collection for when I get a Touch but this sucks if I would need to go and DL everything back.

edit:fixed my problem![/QUOTE]

sounds like either the location of the files changed, or iTunes is looking for your stuff somewhere else, especially if its still physically on your drive

Stickbound

235179.png

In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Stickbound is Free for TODAY only.

Play the newest and most ADDICTIVE stick jumping game ever!

http://appshopper.com/games/stickbound

Not sure what a stick juming game is. but it has mostly good reviews so I am going to give it a shot.

I would also recommend trying the lite version of Space Miner. You really have to enjoy playing asteroids to get into this game. It wasn't for me.

[quote name='BillyDKid']I would also recommend trying the lite version of Space Miner. You really have to enjoy playing asteroids to get into this game. It wasn't for me.[/QUOTE]
Remember to play through the entire demo (not saying you haven't). I really didn't like it much at first, but the game slowly grew on me.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']sounds like either the location of the files changed, or iTunes is looking for your stuff somewhere else, especially if its still physically on your drive[/QUOTE]

Not sure but I googled it and all I had to do was go into my iTunes PC files and click on the apps in the folder and would show up again on the PC itunes media player thing. Glad I didnt have to redownload 200+ things.

[quote name='107proof']
393525.png

Forklift Hazard
You're a blind Mole driving a forklift taking care of hazardous materials! Move the crates to the furnace but be sure not to drop them! But be careful, careless handling will result in explosions!

http://appshopper.com/games/forklift-hazard

I havent tried it yet, but it does have average reviews.[/QUOTE]

When clicking on the app icon on the description page it showed the price as $29.99, lol.

AS STATED EARLIER....

Space Miner: Space Ore Bust $0.99 !! ! ! !

853276.png

HUGE SALE STARTING MAY 1st! 80% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME! It's time to discover why so many people love Space Miner - the asteroids RPG that's been hailed as one of the best games on the App Store. Strap on your mining gloves, hop into your ship, and start blasting! There's a galaxy that needs saving!

http://appshopper.com/games/space-miner-space-ore-bust

[quote name='107proof']AS STATED EARLIER....

Space Miner: Space Ore Bust $0.99 !! ! ! !

853276.png

HUGE SALE STARTING MAY 1st! 80% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME! It's time to discover why so many people love Space Miner - the asteroids RPG that's been hailed as one of the best games on the App Store. Strap on your mining gloves, hop into your ship, and start blasting! There's a galaxy that needs saving!

http://appshopper.com/games/space-miner-space-ore-bust[/QUOTE]

Woo! Played the demo a while back, enjoyed it, but decided to wait for a sale. Looks like my Patience paid off!

I hole this isn't too off topic but I just finished Heavy Rain for the ps3 and thought it had a great story. Can anyone recommend a game similar to this game if you've played it? If not, has anyone played Broken Sword or Beneath a Steel Sky? I heard and read these two games have a good story so I was looking into them. Or if you have any recommendations, I'm interested.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Bought Space Miner. And iShark is good, at least for the kids.[/QUOTE]

Please explain what is so great about iShark. You keep saying its great, its not really a game, You touch a tooth and hope you dont get the one that bites you. But no big deal if it is, because you can just start over and touch more teeth. How is this fun, especially for one player? What is the point?

if you like that one there is another with a gorilla, dinosaur, and monster.

Dude, screw the lite, I'm buyin' the full version!!! O__O At 99 cents... This is amazing. Best purchase of the night, better than Space Ore.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Dude, screw the lite, I'm buyin' the full version!!! O__O At 99 cents... This is amazing. Best purchase of the night, better than Space Ore.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Glad I could make your night! :drool:

you see, since we are CAGs, we expect more bang for our buck, so we are definitely not the target consumer for these crApps but then again since we're cheap, we take anything free thrown at us, even if it's piles and piles of poo.

space ore is a definite buy at $1. probably only good for 6-8 hours of play.

[quote name='anathema728']you see, since we are CAGs, we expect more bang for our buck, so we are definitely not the target consumer for these crApps but then again since we're cheap, we take anything free thrown at us, even if it's piles and piles of poo.

space ore is a definite buy at $1. probably only good for 6-8 hours of play.[/QUOTE]

Only? 6-8 hours for 99cents is unbelievable. Even 5 dollars for 6 hours of play is amazing. How many games do we buy for 30+ that only provide us with 8 hours of play?

[quote name='Nameless One']Only? 6-8 hours for 99cents is unbelievable. Even 5 dollars for 6 hours of play is amazing. How many games do we buy for 30+ that only provide us with 8 hours of play?[/QUOTE]
I hardly ever buy games for over $30, but when I do I usually play them multiple times, and then sell them back when done to offset the price further ;)

People who compare iPhone releases to full retail releases are just being dense, honestly. The iPhone platform has countless titles and numerous deals daily that promote fantastic titles for free. This means that a dollar goes MUCH further on the iPhone than on any other platform, hence people being stingy and where the console release comparisons fall flat.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']ATTENTION ALL CAG's

There was a CAG user who made the iphone/itouch app called " Podfisher " , and I need to find " you " . Could you please quote this or send me a PM if you can , THANKS !![/QUOTE]

Ask and ye shall receive.

Thanks for the heads up on Chop Chop Runner. I didn't even realize it wasn't CCN when browsing AppShopper and completely would have missed it.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Tap Studio PRO
"Do you love Tap games? What if you could tap ANY song you own? What if you could access a Tap Vault of over 30,000 song taps for an amazing variety of songs with hundreds more added every day?"

Tap Studio PRO has dropped from $2.99 to FREE for a limited time (http://appshopper.com/games/tap-studio-pro).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Everyone who like Tap Tap games should check this out cause you can get most popular songs on your playlist, or create you own tap with any of your songs.

[quote name='Nameless One']How many games do we buy for 30+ that only provide us with 8 hours of play?[/QUOTE]

It all depends on the quality too. Space Ore felt like a grinder, meaning no thinking required. But it definitely makes time fly and that is exactly what games are supposed to do.

Crime Spree™

325152.png

Free for a limited time only.

Yo! I got a “job” for you, if you know what I mean. The Godfather needs a favor for the Mafia. I need you to drive a getaway car, collect cash, and outrun some cops that’ll be chasing you. Race through the city as fast as you can and find some loot that some of my boys left hanging around. The cops are onto us so you’re gunna have some heat on you. I mean a LOT of heat. But don’t worry, my cousin Johnny left some oil cans and a few other ‘tings laying around for youse to use.

http://appshopper.com/games/crime-spree

Hey I remember somewhere on the internet that Castle Crashers was confirmed to come to iphone and itouch . Has anyone heard about this , and is it really coming ?

[quote name='Malik112099']Alive 4-Ever Returns is awesome! Really wish the multiplayer was also online though.[/QUOTE]

Since I am a CAG, I am waiting for it to hit $0.99. :D

[quote name='107proof']Since I am a CAG, I am waiting for it to hit $0.99. :D[/QUOTE]Just want to point out that Alive 4-ever Returns is currently on sale at $1.99 and when the next episode is released, it'll jump to $4.99. Also, the original A4E has settled on a price point of $2.99 (currently more expensive than the sequel). So I would expect you're going to be waiting a long time to save $1, and this game is worth much more than that.

Just my two cents.

Also, as a general note, we're CAGs, not CAGers. CheapAssGamers, not CheapAssGamersers. xD

bread's done
Back