iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumper Boats ON SALE FOR FREE!!

612173.png

★★★★★
Jirbo presents Bumper Boats
★★★★★

The ultimate brain buster puzzle app for the iPhone and iPod Touch!

With brilliant graphics, sound effects and gameplay, challenge yourself with over 50 levels of brain busting moves that will leave you yearning for more!

http://appshopper.com/games/bumper-boats

[quote name='Fire_Thief']In for iFootball. But the reviews are garbage.[/QUOTE]

Well, I had to get some deals posted to get this forum back on track.

Bailout : The Golden Parachute

035865.png

★★★★★
Jirbo presents Bailout!
★★★★★

The ultimate side-scrolling action adventure for the cynical citizen in all of us...

What's the premise? Bailout the corrupt CEOs from their corporate jets and have them land safely on a cushioned mattress as they drive off to safety.

★★★★★
Special SALE!
★★★★★
http://appshopper.com/games/bailout-the-game

Blubble UPDATE: NO LONGER FREE.. VERY SHORT SALE... decent puzzler, but not worth buying.

470831.png

#9 on Top 100 for Family Games!
#11 on Top 100 for Puzzle Games!

As featured on www.iphoneapplications 'Best' list!

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! Version 1.1 is here and includes:

-New Graveyard Theme
-12 new levels!
-New obstacles!
-Zoom feature
-Expanded help feature!

For a total of:
60 Levels, 5 themes!
http://appshopper.com/games/blubble

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say they were good deals.... but....had to post something... ha...

iDrop Dead: Flower Edition

565138.png

FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!

The latest game in the Drop Dead series, on PC 11M+ downloads!

This is the craziest ragdoll flinging physics puzzle game you'll ever play! Throw around the characters and all the loose items, and cause as much havoc as possible! Sometimes big disasters begin with a single push...

http://appshopper.com/games/idrop-dead-flower-edition

So um, keep them to one post?

I looked at them. Only one that is worth trying is bumper boats just because it's a puzzle game. Puzzle games are quirky, they fall in the "love or meh" categories. So you should give most of them a try. For me, Marple(was free about a month ago) was definitely amazing.

Hmmm. . .a LOT of Jirbo titles available for free right now (or are they always free?). Anyone have any experience with any of their titles? Anything worth downloading?

I'll throw in my possibly crappy price drop freebie (just to keep the deals a comin'):
Ever Defense TD (http://appshopper.com/games/ever-defense). Yep, it's another Tower Defense game. And, yes, there's a Deluxe version that they'll try to upsell you.

Here's a price reduction for something that's at least highly-rated (4 stars): SEAL Heroes Pirate Takedown (http://itunes.apple.com/app/seal-heroes-pirate-takedown/id354173822?mt=8). Down from $2.99 to .99 at the moment.

I've bought 50 apps over the past 5 months, for a total price of....

$66.

That's about one retail game with tax. A little over. This is why I love my iPod touch. You can get thousands of hours worth of gameplay for extremely cheap. This is just amazing.

Man this thread is getting out of control, between the fire thief ripping and the multiple posts of total garbage games good deals are getting lost IMO. I think it would be better to post the daly freebies in one post instead of several. Really, I think it would be even better if only games that were actually worth downloading were mentioned. Anyone can go to free app sites to see what is available. I personally think it would be more beneficial to highlight the good ones so they aren't lost. There are usually only a few good ones a week.

[quote name='caltab']Man this thread is getting out of control, between the fire thief ripping and the multiple posts of total garbage games good deals are getting lost IMO. I think it would be better to post the daly freebies in one post instead of several. Really, I think it would be even better if only games that were actually worth downloading were mentioned. Anyone can go to free app sites to see what is available. I personally think it would be more beneficial to highlight the good ones so they aren't lost. There are usually only a few good ones a week.[/QUOTE]

I agree. At 200+ pages this thread has run it's course. It can continue as a discussion thread, but I think that a new thread with only deals should be created. No extra commentary, just deals that people find. Keeps it clean and uncluttered. Thoughts?

Yeah, I agree, I usually dont post crap. I was just trying to get this forum back on track and the focus off of Fire_Thief.

Sorry for all the crappy posts. : )

Current Free or Cheap games I recommend.
Fruit Ninja $0.99
Mystery of Unicorn Castle $0.99 (if you like hidden object games)
Scoops $0.00 fun little time passer
Angry Birds $0.99 been on sale for a while.
ALL-IN-ONE-GAMEBOX 30 decent games in one $0.99
Space Miner $0.99
Chop Chop Runner $0.00
Backbreaker Football $0.99
Guerrilla Bob $0.99
Freaking Inkies (no longer on sale) $2.99
Sniper Vs Sniper: Online $0.99 (if you need another sniper game)

There... some quality games, at great prices, if you missed them.

[quote name='anathema728']You want deals without commentary? http://appshopper.com/iphone/all/games/prices/

And news on games? http://toucharcade.com/

And free codes to redeem new games? http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Done, done, and done.

You want good games? Just read my posts, I have high standards.[/QUOTE]

Just checked you posts for the last couple months and didn't see any recommendations from you. Either your standards are extremely high or you just don't recommend much.

Not sure if this was posted already since the deals have gotten really spread out with garbage blah blah in between, but...

Car Jack Streets went from $3 -> FREE (they inflated the price on May 2nd to look like a bigger drop).

http://appshopper.com/games/car-jack-streets

I think I picked this up the last time it was free, I haven't played it much at all but that was more due to the size of the app and not necessarily quality (>100 MB apps don't live long on my iPhone).

[quote name='caltab']Now those are worth downloading...also still trying to get cags on super 7 for .99, my current crack[/QUOTE]

wish there was a lite version, I may bite on it, but most flight control wannabe's i've tried are not so good. O

[quote name='107proof']wish there was a lite version, I may bite on it, but most flight control wannabe's i've tried are not so good. O[/QUOTE]

It's the dude who did alphabetic and green fingers, which both are .99 and have lite versions,which i also recommend. You should check out those lite versions, I think if you like one of his games, you'd probably like em all, although they are not similar. The developer takes a lot of feedback from touch arcade and seems to care about putting out quality stuff.

@107proof

If there's already discussion about a good game, I need not comment, since that should catch your attention if a few cags are talking about it.

I mean, I'm not going to repost a deal that has been posted(since you guys post almost all of them).

The recent decent games to go on sale were creeps, space ore, chromixa, auditorium.

I'd recommend buying solomon's keep now also if you haven't played it, it's about to get a huge update followed by a price increase.

What you guys DID miss was wiki hunt i think, but it's only $1 right now http://itunes.apple.com/app/wiki-hunt-the-wikipedia-game/id357626743?mt=8

[quote name='caltab']Now those are worth downloading...also still trying to get cags on super 7 for .99, my current crack[/QUOTE]I bought it on your recommendation and found you on some leaderboard. I'm not disappointed, it does that cool left-brain/right-brain thing where you're trying to do math quickly while keeping all the bits from touching and killing you. I like how everything in the game is 7's, even the achievements are worth multiples of 7. Makes it feel like it was made by some kind of numerology-obsessed dude, which just amuses me.

And Mystery of Unicorn Castle. Dumb as they might be, hidden object games are my achilles heel. This is the only other one I've found since Jewel Quest: Expeditions worth playing.

[quote name='anathema728']@107proof

If there's already discussion about a good game, I need not comment, since that should catch your attention if a few cags are talking about it.

I mean, I'm not going to repost a deal that has been posted(since you guys post almost all of them).

The recent decent games to go on sale were creeps, space ore, chromixa, auditorium.

I'd recommend buying solomon's keep now also if you haven't played it, it's about to get a huge update followed by a price increase.

What you guys DID miss was wiki hunt i think, but it's only $1 right now http://itunes.apple.com/app/wiki-hunt-the-wikipedia-game/id357626743?mt=8[/QUOTE]

See, wiki hunt looks interesting, its definitely not your standard game. May bite on it too... wish you would have posted it back when it was free.. Next time. Don't be afraid to speak up. We can't post them all and a few good deals pass us by, its up to everyone to help contribute and make us aware of good deals on good games.

[quote name='107proof']See, wiki hunt looks interesting, its definitely not your standard game. May bite on it too... wish you would have posted it back when it was free.. Next time. Don't be afraid to speak up. We can't post them all and a few good deals pass us by, its up to everyone to help contribute and make us aware of good deals on good games.[/QUOTE]
Well, around late february, all I saw was copy paste so I stopped reading them and assumed every deal was posted by you/dimsdale/firethief.

And I assumed everyone was already checking appshopper.

[quote name='caltab']It's the dude who did alphabetic and green fingers, which both are .99 and have lite versions,which i also recommend. You should check out those lite versions, I think if you like one of his games, you'd probably like em all, although they are not similar. The developer takes a lot of feedback from touch arcade and seems to care about putting out quality stuff.[/QUOTE]

OK, Im an Alphabetic fan so... your a good salesman. I bought Super 7.

Not a deal but just picked up space invaders infinity gene. Tried the lite and was hooked right away. Plus the fact that the game can creat levels based on your iPod library is a plus. Check out the lite if you've never tried this one. Some quality titles can be easily found on TouchArcades forum "mass what should I get" thread. Has anyone tried "Ozone"? I almost bit based on some reviews but with space invaders already being $5 I think I'll wait a little bit.

DUCK HUNT FANS!!! This is close!! I dont know how good it is, I just know how disappointed people were with the other Duck Hunt I posted last week. SO this one is $0.99 Someone with money to blow, purchase it and let us know how it is. Thanks.

Russian Hunt

664240.png

Universal
RUSSIAN HUNT

National Russian entertainment, shooting on ducks from a car window. Rigidly and angrily. Employment in which senators take a great interest even.

FEATURES:
* Hard and dynamical action for real men.
* Online scoreboard lets you see how well you did worldwide!

HOW TO PLAY:
* You have 10 shoots.
* You need to hit at least 3 ducks to pass the level.
* Each level your reaction is slowing down.

http://appshopper.com/games/russian-hunt

Ok, I second Super 7... pretty fun.. just wish there were different variations of play. Different modes or something... I dunno. Like Alphabetic there are several different modes of gameplay, with this one, there is only 1. Still a fun game.

[quote name='107proof']Ok, I second Super 7... pretty fun.. just wish there were different variations of play. Different modes or something... I dunno. Like Alphabetic there are several different modes of gameplay, with this one, there is only 1. Still a fun game.[/QUOTE]

the developer said today he is working on this...he said he was thinking about making different difficulty levels, new types of tiles-like ones that tick down every second, and also mentioned the possibility of multiplayer.

[quote name='caltab']the developer said today he is working on this...he said he was thinking about making different difficulty levels, new types of tiles-like ones that tick down every second, and also mentioned the possibility of multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Does he need a beta tester? I would be happy too help provide feedback and suggestions.

[quote name='anathema728']

[/QUOTE]

I am going to go out on a limb and take your word for it and get this. Dont FAIL me! lol jk thanks for the heads up!

I'm a scared of Solomon's Keep... is this just another dual stick shooter? I know I'm not the norm on this, but I just don't find games like Geometry Wars all that fun. Does this game do anything that takes it beyond move around and shoot enemies ad naseum?

[quote name='anathema728']You want deals without commentary? http://appshopper.com/iphone/all/games/prices/

And news on games? http://toucharcade.com/

And free codes to redeem new games? http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Done, done, and done.

You want good games? Just read my posts, I have high standards.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the links. I do really like the Touch Arcade site, but the forums don't do much for me. This thread just gets too off track for a page or two and that's what kind of turns me off I guess. Anyhow...

Keep up the great deals and solid comments though everyone!

Some games I have and recommend. Nothing new, but people may have missed some. Linked to free versions if available.
Qrank
Implode!
Labyrinth 2
Soosiz
HiHowAreYou
Let's Golf
Buzzword Frenzy
Beat it!
Defender Chronicles
Alphabetic

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm a scared of Solomon's Keep... is this just another dual stick shooter? I know I'm not the norm on this, but I just don't find games like Geometry Wars all that fun. Does this game do anything that takes it beyond move around and shoot enemies ad naseum?[/QUOTE]

Less Geometry Wars more dual stick controlled dungeon crawl. Kill monsters, get loot and exp, level up and upgrade your skills.

Also, de Blob is on sale for 99c.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Less Geometry Wars more dual stick controlled dungeon crawl. Kill monsters, get loot and exp, level up and upgrade your skills.

Also, de Blob is on sale for 99c.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that last line!

Might also buy Solomon's Keep, looks good and I've been playing nothing but Action/RPGs lately on the itouch (thats how I call the Touch), its very easy to little by little grind up and level up. My current game is Crusade of Destiny, crappy graphics, but I am enjoying it quite a lot just leveling up during my daily commute.

I find it slightly offensive to be told to only post deals of quality games and not to have any side talk in this thread. In a perfect world, all suggestions would only be 5 star apps and everyone would post direct links to iTunes, but this is asking a lot. A few months back, dimsdale answered the call to post all the daily freebies from the various free app sites, and now he's getting flack for the quality of the apps. I've been posting app deals for over a year and people in here are getting more and more demanding.

Just take it for what it is. Not every post is going to be a 5 star app, perfectly formatted, and free.

Also, the less you acknowledge fire_thief, the less he can derail the thread.

Also, BeeJiveIM with push is on sale for $5.99 ($4 off).

[quote name='caltab']the developer said today he is working on this...he said he was thinking about making different difficulty levels, new types of tiles-like ones that tick down every second, and also mentioned the possibility of multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
Mark me down as another purchaser of Super 7. Looks interesting. I could use another fun math game. I'll try to get some play time in over lunch this afternoon.

While some chatter crops up, I welcome the game recommendations. Granted we can all go to appshopper and see the list of price dropped and free apps, the value of this thread in my opinion is to wade through the crap on the app store. There is no thread for ipod/ipad discussion elsewhere on CAG or I would post my game thoughts there.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Less Geometry Wars more dual stick controlled dungeon crawl. Kill monsters, get loot and exp, level up and upgrade your skills.

Also, de Blob is on sale for 99c.[/QUOTE]

That sounds better... so I decided to bite. Thanks! Haven't tried it yet, but will a bit later today.

I'd recommend Solomon's Keep. It's a dual stick shooter with RPG elements. It's quite short, but has replay value because of the 3 different ability paths you can take. Overall, I found it worth $0.99.

Any game worth getting that are truly addictive and worthwhile on here? I have a PS3 & 360 and I just don't find myself playing my itouch games that much...and i've spent a lot of money into some games.

only one I've found to be fanatastic is Sword & Poker & Hero of Sparta, and i've enjoyed the demo of CoD Zombies. How are:

Iron Man 2
Plants & Zombies
NOVA

?

[quote name='jcp42877']Any game worth getting that are truly addictive and worthwhile on here? I have a PS3 & 360 and I just don't find myself playing my itouch games that much...and i've spent a lot of money into some games.

only one I've found to be fanatastic is Sword & Poker & Hero of Sparta, and i've enjoyed the demo of CoD Zombies. How are:

Iron Man 2
Plants & Zombies
NOVA

?[/QUOTE]Regarding the three games you mentioned:

Iron Man 2 - I haven't played it, so I can't comment
Plants Vs Zombies - A phenomenal tower defense game that is an excellent value at $2.99. Consider downloading the PC demo from PopCap.com if you're hesitant on buying it.
NOVA - The lite version was short, but moderately entertaining. If you liked COD Zombies, you may very well like other top-notch FPS games on the system like NOVA is supposed to be.

bread's done
Back