iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you guys know, I'm thinking when this thread hits 5,000 replies I'm going to open a new thread under the same title & premise and let CheapyD archive this one. We did that once before and with the length we have its approaching a time to do that again.

Thanks for all the great deal posts! :D

[quote name='xboteb13']h++p://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tessellate-board-version-rubiks/id364895275?mt=8

Tessellate is on sale for a few days at $0.99. I am the developer of the app, and I think it's a really challenging and very unique puzzle game. I'm confident you've never done anything like it, and each level makes you think of new tricks to reorganize the pieces. Check it out![/QUOTE]
Still showing up at $1.99; may bite after the price drops. I loves me a puzzle challenge. Thanks for the offering. . .and welcome to CAG!

etcrane, I'm glad to see you giving Edge a fair shot. I've played a few levels thus far and am pretty impressed. I like the swipe & hold controls, I feel like you can easily build momentum and then stop pretty close to where you want to, but you might kind of tip it on its edge and have to regain your balance and lose precious time on the clock. One of the levels had me hunting to find all the little prisms, that was a really cool use of the fixed perspective camera.

That Kotaku article is pretty bad, but then again, it's Kotaku. It's such a weird, short list- out of all the games of last year, he fills 1/4 of his list with an ATV game and 1/4 with some kind of colored-block matching thing I've never heard of? Not to be that guy on a forum, but I would think someone who writes for a big site/blog like Kotaku would be informed enough to know of Canabalt before randomly seeing a guy on a plane playing it. I think that should say a bit about the person behind the list.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']As if we don't have enough puzzle games. Make an action game, brah.

In for alive 4 ever returns. Sick game.[/QUOTE]

Wow. really 'brah'? you couldve have been like sweet man congrats, not for me though. you really show your immaturity. At least give the guy props for making something jesus.

BTW congrats xboteb13 for the game release. I ll check it out. Also Dimsdale and 107proof keep up the good work

[quote name='Billy Jean']Wow. really 'brah'? you couldve have been like sweet man congrats, not for me though. you really show your immaturity. At least give the guy props for making something jesus.

BTW congrats xboteb13 for the game release. I ll check it out. Also Dimsdale and 107proof keep up the good work[/QUOTE]

Just put the kid on your ignore list. The only time I see his shitty posts are when people quote him, but if everyone ignored him, "it" would go away.

He's like a cancer--with his butt ugly avatar eating up our precious bandwith and his horrible case of ebonics that kills our brain cells.

The kid is just a pathetic netbanger. Probably just wants some attention because his real life voids him of it. Don't do him the favor and ignore the dude at all costs.

If only people can get perma-banned for being annoying, the kid would have been out of here the day he signed up.

I fully agree with Miso.

Also, Modium, you're being overly-critical. It's nobody's responsibility to know of every iPhone game (there are millions) except maybe somebody who writes specifically for an iPhone games site.

[quote name='mis0']Just put the kid on your ignore list. The only time I see his shitty posts are when people quote him, but if everyone ignored him, "it" would go away.

He's like a cancer--with his butt ugly avatar eating up our precious bandwith and his horrible case of ebonics that kills our brain cells.

The kid is just a pathetic netbanger. Probably just wants some attention because his real life voids him of it. Don't do him the favor and ignore the dude at all costs.

If only people can get perma-banned for being annoying, the kid would have been out of here the day he signed up.[/QUOTE]

Indeed .. but seriously folks ... back to the deals

Like this one ...
vzbwab.jpg

[quote name='eastx']Also, Modium, you're being overly-critical. It's nobody's responsibility to know of every iPhone game (there are millions) except maybe somebody who writes specifically for an iPhone games site.[/QUOTE]I can accept that. I think that word-of-mouth and aggregate opinions are almost essential when looking at games in the app store and the quantity of them makes it even more important to actually be aware of the quality stuff that actually floats to the top. Realistically, Kotaku is a very widely read news blog and I'd expect somebody tasked with making a list like this to be pretty knowledgeable about the trends and such. I mean, I didn't have an iPod or iPhone and had no interest whatsoever, but I remember Canabalt discussion swept over the web soon after it was made, so it just seems strange to me that someone making a list like this hadn't heard of it. But, I don't know the circumstances and I'm willing to admit that I'm probably dead wrong about this.

Ultimately, I can't really say anything about this guy's credibility, even though I sort of inadvertently did anyway, but I just like to look at these lists and remind people, and myself, that it's not to be taken as an absolute truth, one way or the other.

But, you're right, I was being overly critical. I even said I hate being that guy. Oh well. I feel like a little bit of a douche reading my post back. :oops:

[quote name='etcrane']Indeed .. but seriously folks ... back to the deals

Like this one ...
vzbwab.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!! and yeah i dont like ignoring but I guess it had to be done. makes this thread alittle easier to take now.

Btw Fly Kiwi is super fun especially for free. Also super KO boxing 2 is pretty fun and I enjoy the art style alot.

Has anyone played Axion? It looks really nice but its currently 3 bones and dont know if its worth it.

[quote name='modium']I can accept that. I think that word-of-mouth and aggregate opinions are almost essential when looking at games in the app store and the quantity of them makes it even more important to actually be aware of the quality stuff that actually floats to the top. Realistically, Kotaku is a very widely read news blog and I'd expect somebody tasked with making a list like this to be pretty knowledgeable about the trends and such. I mean, I didn't have an iPod or iPhone and had no interest whatsoever, but I remember Canabalt discussion swept over the web soon after it was made, so it just seems strange to me that someone making a list like this hadn't heard of it. But, I don't know the circumstances and I'm willing to admit that I'm probably dead wrong about this.

Ultimately, I can't really say anything about this guy's credibility, even though I sort of inadvertently did anyway, but I just like to look at these lists and remind people, and myself, that it's not to be taken as an absolute truth, one way or the other.

But, you're right, I was being overly critical. I even said I hate being that guy. Oh well. I feel like a little bit of a douche reading my post back. :oops:[/QUOTE]

Eh, I think you were on the right page Modium ... I mean it's true that a general video game site writer isn't going to be knowledgeable about every single iPhone game that's out. But I also think that as a writer on one of the preeminent videogame blogs, when you post something that is presented as the Best Games on the iPhone of 2009, you better damn well do some research and get a feel for the best of the best before posting.

Having read that article, he chooses EDGE ... some random splatter game I've never heard of ... Canabalt which is a freaking flash game that was ported ... and a motorcross or ATV game. There is no way in hell that those are the best of the best. So I think your criticism is valid ... that's the annoying part of following the iphone game scene more closely though. To the outside observer, people get so excited that a phone can play games that they fail to go beyond the surface of games offered on the iPhone / App Store.

I have no problem with an author pointing out their personal favorites on the iPhone ... but far too many of these "Best of the iPhone" type articles are just blatant crap ... and I don't feel arrogant saying that or like some dude ranting on a message board. Seriously, just do a search of "Best Apps" and the results are rather disappointing in general ... so I wouldn't feel too overly critical for making a valid point.

[quote name='Billy Jean']LOL!!!! and yeah i dont like ignoring but I guess it had to be done. makes this thread alittle easier to take now.

Btw Fly Kiwi is super fun especially for free. Also super KO boxing 2 is pretty fun and I enjoy the art style alot.

Has anyone played Axion? It looks really nice but its currently 3 bones and dont know if its worth it.[/QUOTE]

axion is pretty good soo far, i guess its like zenonia. you can customize your attack strings and your skill / stat builds. soo far only downside is everytime you attack it vibrates lol. but hopefully they'll patch in an option to stop that soon. also has some bad translations at times, overall the gameplay is solid

it has been a while since i've been in this thread but can we get a list of some essential games?

I have my list as
-Angry Birds
-Tilt to Live
-Words with Friends
-Spirit
-GTA
-Field Runners
-PvZ
-Peggle
-Flight control
-Doodle Jump
-HookChamp
-Zombie Smash

I have more than that but those are my favorite games so far, but I know I'm missing some gems.

[quote name='Maynard']it has been a while since i've been in this thread but can we get a list of some essential games?

I have my list as
-Angry Birds
-Tilt to Live
-Words with Friends
-Spirit
-GTA
-Field Runners
-PvZ
-Peggle
-Flight control
-Doodle Jump
-HookChamp
-Zombie Smash

I have more than that but those are my favorite games so far, but I know I'm missing some gems.[/QUOTE]

I think Chaos Rings is essential if you have any love of PS1 era RPGs. I know it's "expensive" for an iPhone game, but it's seriously the only thing that will bring over PSP & DS users that I've played on the iPhone thus far. Other decent games are -

- Civilization Revolution
- Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor
- Sword & Poker 1 & 2
- Dogs Playing Poker
- Castle Frenzy (some don't like it, but it held my attention for a bit)
- Zen Bound
- Beyond a Steel Sky
- Wolfenstein RPG
-Raptor Copter (yes, it's stupid ... but I love the Developer and Raptor Safari .. it really should be free, but they have to make money somehow)
-Space Miner
-iShoot (I just like this because it's like those old school PC games where you blow each other up)
- Stick Wars (kinda fun)
- Transformers G1 Awakening
- Fuji Leaves
- Emblem (actually kinda fun for a free game)

So those are just some other ideas ... some are certified fresh by the majority of the board ... others are just personal games I find fun as throw away titles that will amuse you every now and then.

I noticed that some of the Square Enix games have stayed at their sale price past the sale's end date. Permanent price drops, perhaps? The app store will humble even the gurus of premium pricing.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I noticed that some of the Square Enix games have stayed at their sale price past the sale's end date. Permanent price drops, perhaps? The app store will humble even the gurus of premium pricing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully it's a trend ... I don't mind the price of Chaos Rings but I feel like some of their earlier games are grossly over priced. I really want Song Summoner but it's hard to justify a ipod game port at the price they're charging. Oh well ... guess I'll wait until Chaos Rings 2 is released and they drop everything by another $2 ;-p

[quote name='Fire_Thief']As if we don't have enough puzzle games. Make an action game, brah.

In for alive 4 ever returns. Sick game.[/QUOTE]

what a shithammer ...... ignored

Nothing new on the freebie app sites to report; everything's already been posted except for some goofy virtual-flower-growing app on Free App Calendar.

Instead, I thought I'd give you Touch Arcade's "best" list for April. Check these out if you haven't already:

5 Stars
678365.png

5stars.jpg

Chaos Rings – One of the most ambitious RPG games we've seen so far for the iPhone. The graphics and gameplay are exactly what you'd expect out of a Square Enix RPG. Battle in parties of two in classic turn-based battles as you make your way through a story that's just as ridiculous as any other Japanese RPG. (Review, App Store: iPhone)

4.5 Stars

346269.png

4halfstars.jpg

Babylonian Twins – Sixteen years in the making, Babylonian Twins delivers an amazingly challenging yet satisfying iPhone and iPad puzzle platformer. In many modern platformers, I've felt like I'm just mindlessly going through the motions to make it to the end of each level. Babylonian Twins, however, really keeps you enthralled throughout. (Review, App Store: iPhone, iPad)

210426.png

4halfstars.jpg

Pocket Legends – This free online multiplayer game for both the iPhone and iPad that is a ton of fun and playing in a party with your friends is especially impressive while you're playing via 3G as the netcode does a great job in providing a lag-free experience. Additional content is available via in-game DLC, but you can really get a good feel for the game before you ever need to buy anything. (Review, App Store: iPhone, iPad)

383577.png

4halfstars.jpg

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 – A surprisingly competent port of the classic skateboarding game. Everything is included from the original, and once you get used to the virtual controls, you'll be performing endless combos in no time in the many included skating locations.(Review, App Store:iPhone)

969661.png

4halfstars.jpg

Espgaluda II – Bullet hell at its best on the iPhone. Even not being a huge fan of the genre, we fell quick and hard in love with Espgaluda II. It is the best 2D shooter experience in the App Store with great touch controls. Note: It will only run on the latest generation devices. (Review, App Store: iPhone 3GS, 3rd Gen iPod Touch, or pixel-doubled on iPad)

Honorable Mentions

There were several additional games this month that we felt we should highlight even though they didn't fall in the highest tiers.

290729.png

4stars.jpg

Warpgate – A space conquest game with an amazing sense of scope. Warpgate has cool graphics, an interesting faction system to get involved in, and a dynamic in-game economy that can keep you busy for as long as you remain interested in the game. (Review, App Store: iPhone, iPad)

175436.png

4stars.jpg

Geometry Wars iPad – A marvelous port of the XBOX Live Arcade game, it includes all the different game modes and has individual online leaderboards for each of them. The graphics are great, the music fits perfectly, and overall we just really want this game on our iPhones as the dual stick control method doesn't feel ideal for the iPad. (Review, App Store: iPad)

785930.png

4stars.jpg

Sketch Nation – While the gameplay of the games created in Sketch Nation are generally just simple vertical shooters or other very basic games, the ability to draw and create your own game is one of the best uses of the iPhone camera we've seen. Even if you can't draw, you can still have a great time making a terrible game based on your own art that you photograph. (Review, App Store)

The rest of April game ratings can be seen in their respective rating categories (also found in the sidebar navigation): 5 Stars, 4.5 Stars, 4 Stars, 3.5 Stars, 3 Stars, and 2.5 Stars.
As always, we expect there will be some debate about relative scores, but keep in mind that everyone's personal ratings may vary based on individual tastes.

Price drop freebies:

Sexy Bombs (http://appshopper.com/games/sexy-bombs)
"Love physics game?
Love challenging puzzles?
Love lots of fun?

Then this game is for you.

You have to shoot the missing letter but you can't touch any other letter. If you fire on wrong letters, the bomb will explode. Otherwise you will get lots of kisses."

Yield (http://appshopper.com/games/yield)
"This is a very exciting game in which you must run the roads of a city which proves not to be as easy task.
You begin with fairly uncomplicated country crossroads. However, the slow-going tractors and lorries cause a lot of trouble.
Thus moving further and further, the game leads you to the centre of the city.
Hi-speed cars and stretch limousines, slow vans and fast motorcycles rush through the city. And the ambulances, fire-engines and police cars are also on the road! This task is only for a patient person with a perfect reflex.
If an accident occurs and you are a bit curious to see what has happened, push the button „UH OH!“ and the record on the surveillance camera will show you what really happened and even the cost.
Wishing you a success in this exciting game!"

Circus Marcus (http://appshopper.com/games/circus-marcus)
"One day, Marcus went to see a circus. It wasn't much of a show until he saw Ruby, the ringmaster. It was love at first sight. He joined the struggling circus as a janitor to be closer to Ruby, and that's where our game begins.....

Play through 4 stages of Marcus’ career, starting as a janitor and ultimately becoming the star of the show!"

[quote name='E_G_Man']In settings there is a calibration button and you can also change the sensitivity.[/QUOTE]

I've tried it and it doesn't work. I can leave the Touch perfectly horizontal and it will still not calibrate correctly.

[quote name='BillyDKid']I was confused at first too. I believe the default control mode is vertical (tilt top forward to go up, tip bottom downward to go down). I was trying to rotate my iphone clockwise/counterwise...[/QUOTE]

Ah, that is what I am doing wrong then. Thanks.

I was wondering about Archrobo. Even though I like twin stick shooters, for some reason something about the graphics really turned me off, and I never bothered grabbing it during prior free periods. Good to hear it's at least a passable game though.

[quote name='cheapbastard']lol. Don't worry firethief u have plenty of money so that shouldn't bother u.[/QUOTE]

That's still 1/800th of his monthly allowance.

[quote name='etcrane']Eh, even after my rant against EDGE, for .99 I figured it couldn't hurt. It still bothers me though when I read most articles on the "best games for iPhone" and they tend to neglect half the great titles we find in this forum, while listing obviously inferior or so-so games as the "best of the best."

At the time that Kotaku was praising EDGE, I believe Angry Birds, Sword & Poker and several other great games were also out and there was absolutely no mention of them on their "Best of" list. Just shows how little some of the major video game sites know in regards to the iPhone.

BTW, here's the article I keep referencing ... one of a few from various sites that seem to neglect 'better' games - http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/01/the-best-iphone-games-of-2009/[/QUOTE]
To be fair, Angry birds came out in December so he may not have played it yet (and it was 1.0, first update was in Feb) and Sword & Poker came out on Jan 7 2010 so it wasn't even eligible to be on that list.

I don't get the appeal of Angry Birds. It's a nice value but the aiming is too finicky and guess-and-check-based to actually manage the levels.

[quote name='Escher0']To be fair, Angry birds came out in December so he may not have played it yet (and it was 1.0, first update was in Feb) and Sword & Poker came out on Jan 7 2010 so it wasn't even eligible to be on that list.[/QUOTE]

True, my hazy memory of 09-10 releases has caught up with me, but I can still think of other games that, while not favorites now, are great games nonetheless that should have been on the list.

Games like Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Zen Bound, Peggle (not original content, but a great and optimized port), The Creeps (yeah a Dec. 24th '08 release but close enough), Pocket God (yes it's controversial & some hate it ... but the free updates for a .99 app have been amazing), Dungeon Hunter (good for a clone), Zenonia ... and the list goes on ... there are probably many others I've forgotten.

My point is that his "Best of '09" consisted of crap I've never heard of for the most part .. it's not like the majority of games he listed are 'controversial' hits and one is a port of a Flash game ... so I still don't think he has much of an excuse other than doing a poor job in that particular article. All I'm saying is that I hope as gaming on the iPhone becomes more mainstream, we see a more serious approach from major sites who choose to provide best of lists to the masses. If they're going to do something, they should do it right and in this case, I firmly believe Kotaku did not ... but they definitely aren't the only site with terrible iPhone 'Best of' lists.

Etcrane, your criticisms are too "me-centric." That list is his best of list. Tearing a list or the author apart because it's not your list is simply unfair. Even if you disagree with his choices 100%, that just means he doesn't like the same games as you.

[quote name='eastx']Etcrane, your criticisms are too "me-centric." That list is his best of list. Tearing a list or the author apart because it's not your list is simply unfair. Even if you disagree with his choices 100%, that just means he doesn't like the same games as you.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree, it would be "me-centric" if I was bagging on an article called "Owen Good's Favorite iPhone games of 2009" or even "Kotaku Recommends Some Great iPhone games" but the article is titled "The Best iPhone Games of 2009."

Don't get me wrong, as I can see your point, and it's definitely subjective on some level as to which games are ever the "best" but I think the App store ranking system gives a decent idea of a game's reception and value. Of course, there are also actual iphone centric websites like toucharcade and others that provide a more objective opinion as well because they look at just about everything that comes out.

Looking at Mr. Good's choices, I can easily see that they are predominantly 3.5 to 4 star ratings on the App store, and while it's true that my view of these games is shaped by my own personal experiences with them, wouldn't you say that "Best of" in today's world tends to indicate the highest ranking and most critically acclaimed of something, as judged by the majority of users. So from a technical standpoint, I don't really think these represent 'the best.'

I guess the only reason I'm really harping on this is because someone who has never touched an iPhone can look at an article like that and go "Wow, the iPhone is a joke and has crap games." And that effect is unfortunate because we all know how great some of the games on this platform can be. I just think that major sites like Kotaku and others need to dedicate more time and experience to articles that focus on the iphone and hopefully as it expands and becomes more accepted that will happen in time.

Car Jack Streets was free. Might still be. I dunno. It might have tempted some of you into accidentally downloading it. That'd be a shame.

ANY second you spend playing CJS is a second NOT spent playing GTA:CW and is therefore a wasted second. We're not talking Saints Row vs. GTA4. This is just... one is a crap game. The other is a very good game that completely replaces it.

[quote name='etcrane']I guess the only reason I'm really harping on this is because someone who has never touched an iPhone can look at an article like that and go "Wow, the iPhone is a joke and has crap games." And that effect is unfortunate because we all know how great some of the games on this platform can be. I just think that major sites like Kotaku and others need to dedicate more time and experience to articles that focus on the iphone and hopefully as it expands and becomes more accepted that will happen in time.[/QUOTE]

I definitely see where you're coming from because for the longest time I was an outsider who didn't think much of mobile games. I don't have an iPhone, but this thread has me wanting to get an iPod Touch just for the games (and the wi-fi). I even started downloading free apps you guys are recommending to get a head start.

And surfing the iTunes Store alone doesn't do the game selection justice. Filtering "Top 100" gets a bunch of three star apps while well-received titles are in the shadows.

Case in point: My ignorant butt didn't know there was a GTA game available until five minutes ago:

[quote name='RollingSkull']Car Jack Streets was free. Might still be. I dunno. It might have tempted some of you into accidentally downloading it. That'd be a shame.

ANY second you spend playing CJS is a second NOT spent playing GTA:CW and is therefore a wasted second. We're not talking Saints Row vs. GTA4. This is just... one is a crap game. The other is a very good game that completely replaces it.[/QUOTE]

I had to laugh at one of the one-star reviews of GTA:CW complaining about the viewing angle. "Every other GTA is in 3rd person." :roll:

Any of you guys wanna go ahead and list off your "Best of 09"? I don't often play iPod games but you guys seem to find the good ones. And I've tried games off popular websites' "Best of..." lists and they usually are quite mediocre.

Btw, do you guys think the free Gameloft games on Monday will actually be quality titles?

[quote name='CONMAN999']Any of you guys wanna go ahead and list off your "Best of 09"? I don't often play iPod games but you guys seem to find the good ones. And I've tried games off popular websites' "Best of..." lists and they usually are quite mediocre.

Btw, do you guys think the free Gameloft games on Monday will actually be quality titles?[/QUOTE]

I've been ranting too much about 'Best of Lists' lately ;) so I'll let the other guys take that part, but to address your second question -

I think they'll be decent titles, definitely worth grabbing if you can. Do I think they'll be Gameloft's AAA titles, no ... probably nothing licensed but I'm sure some of their older stuff will pop up as free, here are my best guesses -

Good Chance -

- Hero of Sparta
- New York Nights
- Rise of Lost Empires
- Let's Golf
- Asphalt 4
- Castle Frenzy
- Blades of Fury
+ any of their crappy shovelware bottom tier titles

Maybe -

- The Oregon Trail
- HAWX
- Dungeon Hunter

Anything else that's above $4.99 would shock me ... anything that was released in the last 6 months that isn't .99 would also shock me.

I hope they offer something great since they're 2 hour long sales, but I have a feeling it will be a lot of shovelware with a gem or two ... Gameloft is at least fair with their sales, unlike some other companies *cough*square-enix*cough*

So hopefully that gives you an idea of what might be happening

[quote name='salty tbone']I had to laugh at one of the one-star reviews of GTA:CW complaining about the viewing angle. "Every other GTA is in 3rd person." :roll:[/QUOTE]
They stumbled onto one of my favorite trolls either by accident or on purpose! Damn them!

Though, to be honest, I still think the formula works better in 3D and think the top down is a big downgrade but whatevs. I still enjoy CW, but I can't see myself getting far in the Iphone version just because of how impermanent my save game is on that compared to the DS version.

Two hour long sales? Please explain that, hadn't heard specifics. IMO Gameloft makes some of the best/best looking games out there so I'm hoping for some good games, even though I have many of theirs already.

I really hope we see any kind of deal of The Oregon Trail. I've wanted that game since I picked up my iPod and I just can't bite at $5. And that game has never gone on sale since I've had my iPod and I've had it a while now.

It's nice they are giving the games out for free but having to follow them all day for a two hour window for a game that I may have already seems like a real pain in the ass. Is $5 or so really worth my time?

Side note:

questlove from the roots tweeter earlier that he didn't know addiction until he started playing angry birds on iPhone.

Also, if Oregon trail doesn't go on sale I'll punch things.

bread's done
Back