Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fire_Thief']SEED 1 GOLD is 10 bucks, though.. Think of it that way.[/QUOTE]
As far as I understand, Seed 1 has the full game in it. Just optional microtransaction items you can guy. So I would assume Gold just has all of those items packaged in with it.

Either way it seems like you could get a feel for Seed 2 by playing this first one.

Trivia Hound: Platinum Edition is available for FREE right now (http://itunes.apple.com/app/trivia-hound-platinum-edition/id371250129?mt=8).

"Trivia Hound is a pack of trivia cards that you can flip through to challenge yourself and your friends. This isn't wimpy multiple choice trivia…it's a real test of knowledge, and many questions include cool factoids so you're always learning something new.

Trivia Hound is EASY TO USE. You don't see the answer until YOU want to, and it always remembers where you left off the next time you come back."

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Rat on a Scooter is sweet. I almost bought it a while ago...[/QUOTE]

If you want score based games that you can play for as little as 30-60 seconds at a time, I highly recommend just about any game from Donut Games. I have a dozen or so of their games, and they're all very nicely polished, quick pick up and play games. Many of them have gone free in the past.

[quote name='DtotheP']Piyo Blocks 2 is on sale for $1[/QUOTE]

Actually, so are Piyo Blocks 1 and Meow Meow Happy Fight.
Meow Meow Happy Fight HD will be 66% off when it comes out on Thursday, but I'm not sure what that price will equate to.

Additionally, Frogatto just dropped to 99c again today. Very nice platformer.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I feel there are way too many shitty games on this thing.. Meow Meow? Come the fuck on... Don't waste money on that...[/QUOTE]

You're about the last person on here qualified to talk about shitty games. You make more garbage recommendations than anyone.

Meow Meow Happy Fight, while it might have a silly name, is a pretty neat twin stick shooter. Instead of shooting tons of enemies at once, it's more of arena fight with 3 or so fighters at once.

Farm Break is Wednesday's OpenFeint Free Game of the Day (http://itunes.apple.com/app/farm-break/id381488528?mt=8).

"Once upon a time, on a far away farm, Mr. Brown unwittingly adopted a gang of ex-con sheep. For a while, like the other sheep, they grazed about happily and innocently. But it wasn't long before they were back to their old ways and plotted to steal the farmer's money and escape…

However, something went horribly wrong with their plan and they were caught red hoofed and locked up in a cage! Although they easily broke out of the cage using Big Jim's lock picking skills, they were faced with a farm full of mechanical madness that had to be conquered before they could be free."

Slam some dingers in Home Run Derby Challenge, back down to .99 for the time being (http://itunes.apple.com/app/home-run-derby-challenge/id392509058?mt=8#).

"Step up to the plate and swing your device to hit the ball, this is as real as it gets.

BEST GRAPHICS IN A BASEBALL GAME, YOU WON'T SEE THESE GRAPHICS IN ANY OTHER BASEBALL GAME.

Feature Highlights:
* Tests player's speed, reflexes, and coordination.
* Realistic graphics, animation, and sound.
* Accelerometer measured swings.
* Random pitch speeds.
* Extra points for fastball home runs.
* Bonus points for home runs on a streak."

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Dimsdale, remember when I appointed you to post all those updates daily? ;) You enjoy your job now more than ever. ;D[/QUOTE]

Do you want a cookie?

An interesting-sounding puzzle game, Broken Clock is another FAAD featured freebie right now (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/broken-clock/id389334617?mt=8).

"The clock is broken. But time still ticks away. And not without a sense of irony. The more you fix it, the more time you lose.

So speed time up, slow it down, extend it. Have its interminable ceaseless flow stop with a touch of the fingertip. Restore the ability to accurately measure its arbitrary passage. If you have the time.

*Solve each stage of the broken clock to fix its functions over time. Tap the LEDs if you think they're broken. If they're not, you'll just be breaking them more!*"

[quote name='tenchim86']Looks like an interesting game. It has 310 ratings and 287 of them are 5-stars. I'm picking this up now for $0.99. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nightmare452']I can vouch for "Cut the Rope" as one of the best games I have played on the iphone, easily in my top 5. Definitely worth the $0.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for Cut the Rope as well. Thanks for the heads-up on it, everyone. I didn't bother even looking up what it was until I clicked on Malik's YouTube video link.

I downloaded the new Google Mobile update and tried Goggles, but so far am pretty damned unimpressed. Every attempt to use it to translate text, whether Japanese or Spanish, produced incomprehensible results. Taking pictures of products so far has only managed to produce recognition of brand name labels. For example, "Logitech", which I'm pretty sure I could just read on the product itself. Is this all it is? Wow.

I'd buy Cut the Rope, but I've already bought too many apps due to the big sale, plus I haven't completed Angry Birds and probably a bajillion other physics puzzlers that I've downloaded in the past. Then again... I'm an addict, so who knows? :)

The action/strategy/RPG game Brutal Tide: The Tale of Captain Stabface is FREE until Saturday (http://itunes.apple.com/app/brutal-tide-the-tale-captain/id366706078?mt=8).

"This here be the adventure yer looking for!

Brutal Tide puts you in the middle of the action as the Pirate Captain Seymour Stabface. Betrayed by your crew, and pursued by entire armadas of bounty hunters, you must blast your way to victory or become shark bait.

Utilize the most advanced naval armaments of the age to blast, smash, and ram through 36 waves of enemy ships.

Collect booty from every ship you sink. Use your gold to buy upgrades and transform your meager single-masted merchant ship into a floating temple of death and destruction."

Another jumping shooting game, Chalkboard Jumper is FREE for the next few days (http://itunes.apple.com/app/chalkboard-jumper/id369059526?mt=8#).

"Chalkboard Jumper™ is a jumping and shooting game wrapped into one where the main objective is to shoot as many enemies as you can while testing your agility jumping on platforms that are moving and disappearing. You control Chalky™ to fight your way to the top by shooting enemies and the higher you jump you will encounter more challenging enemies. While most jumping games give you only one life in Chalkboard Jumper™ there is an easter egg that will unlock an extra life. Once you start playing you won't be able to stop."

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']CANT WAIT ! does anyone know if there will be multiplayer in this one ?[/QUOTE]
"The most complete multiplayer on the App Store"
"Online and Local 10-P Multiplayer"

Straight from the trailer ;)

Looks cool; don't know if it's the video, but the contrast looks a bit off.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']CANT WAIT ! does anyone know if there will be multiplayer in this one ?[/QUOTE]

Why dont you watch the trailer. :roll:

Glyder is a rather fun and relaxing game with good graphics and is free!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/glyder/id310466653?mt=8

Mini Golf : Wacky Worlds is also currently free.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/mini-golf-wacky-worlds/id324021811?mt=8

Cooking Star is a cooking mama knockoff and it's currently free!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/cooking-star/id310335785?mt=8

Bonsai Blast is another zuma like game and it's free!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/bonsai-blast/id298410235?mt=8

Stranded : Mysteries of time is now free. A dinosaur hunting third person action game... it's alright imo.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/stranded-mysteries-of-time/id336939442?mt=8

Thanks for all the free games listings but I agree with malik, multiposting also wastes space on the screen and unnecessarily increases the post count.

Impolite response:
[quote name='Malik112099']its called the EDIT button[/QUOTE]

Polite response:
[quote name='JP']Thanks for all the free games listings but I agree with malik, multiposting also wastes space on the screen and unnecessarily increases the post count.[/QUOTE]

jjz203, editing your post is always appreciated over multiposting.

[quote name='shrike4242']Impolite response:

Polite response:

jjz203, editing your post is always appreciated over multiposting.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was in a rush to get the deals up before I left work for the day. Will note for next time.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the MLB at Bat is on sale for $4.99 and you can watch games without an MLB.tv account now. (I didn't know that) Good deal since I can watch games while I am in class :)

[quote name='eliter1']Don't know if it's been mentioned but the MLB at Bat is on sale for $4.99 and you can watch games without an MLB.tv account now. (I didn't know that) Good deal since I can watch games while I am in class :)[/QUOTE]
I think you still need one for post-season games.

yeah there's postseason.tv for $10 which is sold seperately and it's different camera angles since FOX/TBS have rights to actual video coverage. Still get radio feeds though too!! I saw it for $5 last night. I have the app on my android and it's awesome. Love it.

Also waiting for Modern Combat 2, how do we know it's supposed to be released today? I was thinking we were a week or two off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back