Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jjz203']11/8/10 Morning update:

Action Heroes 9-in-1 is the latest FAAD and is actually a good one. They've been giving away the games individually over past months but they're finally offering the complete 9-in-1 to save space on our devices! :)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/action-heroes-9-in-1/id330309314?mt=8
[/QUOTE]
I saw this one last night and didn't post it because, once again, Triniti Interactive is just cannibalizing its own All-in-1 Gamebox title. I guess this is good if you don't already own that 36-in-one collection. It's annoying that they keep breaking off pieces of it and offering it up as something new, however.

[quote name='seanr1221']Fair enough, Dabamus. I apologize for calling you out.[/QUOTE]
It's ok. No harm, no foul. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Sadly I didn't make it to Walmart this weekend. Sigh. Then again, with an iTunes card in place I'm more likely to buy stuff I don't really need, so maybe it's just as well? Oh... who am I fooling??[/QUOTE]

Yeah, buying can be addictive even with stuff we don't need. That's part of the reason I haven't entered my two MSP cards yet is because I don't want to waste them on random crap from the XBL marketplace. I want to save them to download MP3s for my Zune.

Great App a Day is offering up a robust virtual air hockey game called Hockey Frenzy today (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hockey-frenzy/id398830425?mt=8).
"14 Themes, 30 Paddles & Discs. On top of that, unique Arenas and Paddles that carry their very own special powers!! Now that’s Hockey Frenzy.
Hockey Frenzy delivers a brand new style of Hockey like you’ve never experienced before. From single player to multi players, you can enjoy this fun game with everyone at anywhere. Single player mode is easy to play, but hard to master when it comes to Hard or Insane level. If you are tired of old fashion Air Hockey games, you can always find more excitements in our special theme arenas, take the paddles that carry special powers and cut the opponent’s disc in half, light it on fire or serve back with a power blow! There are plenty of actions for you to explore!"

Free App Calendar has a TD variant called Chromatic Cosmos for its featured freebie right now (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id386505390?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4).
"Chromatic Cosmos is a unique take on the popular tower defense genre, featuring a variety of enemies and weapons.
All is well in the Chromatic Cosmos until the sinister alien Horrible begins conquering and brainwashing planet after colorful planet. The yellow land of Yububu is next on his list, but they plan to fight back…with your help!
Adapt your strategy across eight maps of increasing complexity (in both easy and hard modes) to free the once-peaceful aliens from their mind control!"

The vertical shooter Bunz Fighter is the latest OpenFeint Free Game of the Day title (http://itunes.apple.com/app/bunz-fighter/id362249720?mt=8).
"Are you tired of poor graphics and repetitive game music? Don't worry, this game has 100% original graphics and music. All the planes and backgrounds in this game were created in 3D environment.
This game also allows you to adjust the gameplay, graphic and sound settings in-game to suit your playing style and device functionality. You can have the even nicer graphic effects on a more advanced device such as iPod Touch 3rd Generation."

So I know I'm chiming in late here for this game (I think it went on sale last week), but I'm pretty glad that I bought Shining core on sale for $.99. It's basically a more elaborate puzzle quest game, but you can watch the characters duke it out above as if it was a fighting game. The animations are well polished and it gets challenging really fast. So if you like puzzle quest and are in the mood for something different, I'd recommend picking it up on sale.

For those interested:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shining-core/id396057558?mt=8

mzl.jafwoxva.320x480-75.jpg

Is there an iTunes GC thread? Only reason I ask is because I bought a couple in the past week ($15 ones) and I have one left I'm trying to unload... Would take $13.50 PayPal for it...

[quote name='dabamus']Anyone interested in a $50 iTunes card for $45?

I got it then realized I already had all the apps for my iPad that I want for now.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='iHack']Is there an iTunes GC thread? Only reason I ask is because I bought a couple in the past week ($15 ones) and I have one left I'm trying to unload... Would take $12.50 PayPal for it...[/QUOTE]
This thread (and parent board) is not the place for selling. You guys should make a thread in the CAG marketplace board: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Just a heads up, CAG tos states that you must sell the actual iTunes gc... you can't just pm/email the code:
* iTunes codes without being on an iTunes card. There's been more than a few instances of fake/counterfeit iTunes codes making their way around the Internet, so this is trying to save CAGs from possible issues with using fake iTunes codes. If you're selling iTunes codes, they must be on cards, and a pic of the cards is visible in the TL.

[quote name='lilman']This thread (and parent board) is not the place for selling. You guys should make a thread in the CAG marketplace board: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Just a heads up, CAG tos states that you must sell the actual iTunes gc... you can't just pm/email the code:[/QUOTE]

Yes, sir, Mr. Jr. Moderator, Sir!

EDIT: and according to your quote, we don't have to ship them. Just provide a picture...

[quote name='jason506']If I'm half way through the free version would the paid use that save data or would I have to start over. Also this is a fun game but fairly difficult.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I never played the free version, just this version since it went free. Try it and find out and let us know?

Word Warrior, a vocabulary-adventure-RPG-mashup, is currently available for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/word-warrior/id400289406?mt=8#).
"Word Warrior is a new age role playing word game. Use words in this epic quest to conquer your foes and restore peace to the land.
Thousands of years ago, The Word King waged a grand war and banished all evil from the land. Fearing one day evil would return he sealed what is most precious in The Great Library of the Kings. Only the King alone could ever open the doors to The Great Library, so he gave his life and split his soul into seven different pieces.
As many years passed, the seven spirits became weakened. The great spirits became corrupt and conjured evil once more into the world. Never had such evil prevailed upon the land. The great spirits had become nearly unstoppable. Only the prophesied ‘Word Warrior’ could restore peace into the world by vanquishing the evil and reuniting the spirits of the Word King."

FAAD has added Little Hero as another featured freebie today (http://itunes.apple.com/app/little-hero/id392550956?mt=8).
"Our hero is a little kid, who loves and trains karate. One day, when he got back
from his training, he found himself attacked by his evil, cruel, ruthless...toys!
In this epic (!) story, you control our little hero and defend himself against his toys. By simple swipe moves, you make our hero to punch, kick and dodge from his toys. Be prepared for an action packed and addictive gameplay which will keep you entertained for hours.
Playing the game is pretty easy, you'll use swipe moves to 8 direction including left, left-top,top,right-top,right,right-bottom,bottom and left-bottom to punch/kick the incoming toys from that direction. Beware that some toys are to be dodged where you'll swipe to top for bowlingball or bottom for baseball bat/mommys slipper."

[quote name='jjz203']Not sure, I never played the free version, just this version since it went free. Try it and find out and let us know?[/QUOTE]
Well I just tried it out and it doesn't. It would have been nice to play the game without the ads but I'm not starting the game over again, its a fairly lengthy game. :(

[quote name='jason506']Well I just tried it out and it doesn't. It would have been nice to play the game without the ads but I'm not starting the game over again, its a fairly lengthy game. :([/QUOTE]

I believe the issue is that apps can't share data, at least not their own, even when they are Lite vs Full. It's a security thing if I'm not mistaken. However, they can get around this by storing save data on a server. Alas, I doubt many apps do this, nor is it really the right solution. Apple needs to get on the ball and change how paid apps are listed and handled. All paid apps should have a free demo and be unlockable in-app, just like is done on XBLA. This should not just be standard practice, rather it should be enforced - no entry into the app store unless there's a free demo, a standard means for unlocking it, and with the app store showing a combined listing for the App, that notes it's a free demo, and $x to unlock the full version. We can dream....

[quote name='crunchewy']I believe the issue is that apps can't share data, at least not their own, even when they are Lite vs Full. It's a security thing if I'm not mistaken. However, they can get around this by storing save data on a server. Alas, I doubt many apps do this, nor is it really the right solution. Apple needs to get on the ball and change how paid apps are listed and handled. All paid apps should have a free demo and be unlockable in-app, just like is done on XBLA. This should not just be standard practice, rather it should be enforced - no entry into the app store unless there's a free demo, a standard means for unlocking it, and with the app store showing a combined listing for the App, that notes it's a free demo, and $x to unlock the full version. We can dream....[/QUOTE]
Yeah I hate how some say free version when it's not free it's just a demo. I don't mind saying lite though. When they say free version it confuses people of whats actually free like Guns'n'Glory and whats just a demo. I seen people complaining because they bought the paid version of that even though it has no extra content than the free version just without ads. They should follow the 360's marketplace more.

A brief followup on iTrials that I posted about several days back. I've now played through 2/3 of the game and I give it a thumbs up for 99 cents for sure. It's by far the closest I've seen to Trials HD on the iPhone. Having said that, it's also far from perfect. The track designs aren't universally good. There's an annoying tendency to include moving platforms which you ALWAYS get up to just in time to wait for the moving platforms to go through a full cycle before you can go on. That's just bad, annoying design. Also if you're looking for something as challenging as the later levels in Trials HD I don't think you're going to find it here, though there is some challenge to it. Also it uses Agon for it's leaderboards and they are pretty badly broken. Half the time they never show up, although at least since the update it hasn't crashed the app, which is what happened with 1.0. So far it's been stable with 1.1, but the leaderboards are still largely broken.

In spite of the shortcomings, it plays a lot like Trials HD, mostly the levels are fun and the control scheme in place is good (they added tilt control in a recent update which others say is good, but I've been using the slider control which works really well for me.) If you're a fan of Trials HD on XBLA (or presumably the PC versions, which I've never had the privilege to play), you could certainly do a lot worse then buying iTrials for the (allegedly) intro price of 99 cents.

http://appshopper.com/games/itrials

[quote name='jason506']Yeah I hate how some say free version when it's not free it's just a demo. I don't mind saying lite though. When they say free version it confuses people of whats actually free like Guns'n'Glory and whats just a demo. I seen people complaining because they bought the paid version of that even though it has no extra content than the free version just without ads. They should follow the 360's marketplace more.[/QUOTE]

Gameloft is a big offender on this. "Sign up for our newsletter and get our weekly deal for free! Hero of Sparta II FREE!" Sign up, find out the TITLE of the game is, in fact, "Hero of Sparta II free", receive spam, then rage. Some deal...

I 100% agree on calling it lite over free. It's misleading and they know it.

Toyshop Adventures + Extra Bonus is the new FAAD featured game (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toyshop-adventures-extra-bonus/id392277554?mt=8).

"GET A HEAD START with Toyshop Adventures + Extra Bonus! Receive a BONUS of 25 units of special Crystal currency that you can use to get power-ups, new playable characters, and unlock new episode packs of levels! PLUS – play Toyshop Adventures AD-FREE!

COMING SOON: v1.1 will enable GAME CENTER!!!

Some peculiar things are happening down here in the Toyshop…

Our shopkeeper has lost his marbles (quite literally!) and it's up to you to help him find his special marbles and restore balance to this once peaceful toy store! Guide one of the shopkeeper's favorite toys through a variety of playful, platform puzzles. Collect all of the lost marbles, avoid the electrically-charged Nanobots, and discover secret areas hidden deep within the stacks of toys and games. Use your trusty lasso to grab and move certain objects to help reach your goal. Check in with other toys you meet on your adventures for help and power-ups! Open up the Toyshop today and uncover a miniature world of platform hopping playthings!"

Wanted to quickly throw in my two cents with regards to Shining Core while it's still on sale (http://itunes.apple.com/app/shining-core/id396057558?mt=8). I just finished Chapter 1 and I can't believe how quickly the time flew by. The gameplay is that familiar match-3 sensibility but the RPG elements and battles really add a great twist to the genre. For .99, it's easily one of the best puzzlers I've downloaded in a long time. Add in the fact that there are three different characters to choose from and tons of different upgrades, and I can definitely see this one having replay value for quite awhile.

11/9/10 Morning update:

GreenHornet is new and currently free! It's a gta style action driving game, except you don't really get out of your car and drive around. :razz: Looks like a spinoff game for the new Green Hornet movie. Pretty fun but also 83 megs so dl at your discretion!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/greenhornet/id380572877?mt=8

Space Frak is also new and currently free. A Defender game with a space theme where you fend off bugs and other creatures. Good graphics and decent fun.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/space-frak/id396772111?mt=8

And lastly I wanted to share Lego Creationary with the CAG community that grew up playing with legos or may have kids that love legos. It's a simple game but I REALLY enjoy it and so does my 3 yr old. It's a sort of simple guessing game where the player guesses what's being built on the screen by lego blocks but you can really have some nostalgic fun with this one. It brough me back to my days of building imaginary things out of random lego blocks when I was a kid and, surprisingly, my son is REALLY good at recognizing random blocks and shapes and guessing what it is before I can even see it. So give it a dl while it's new and free and see if it's for you. And before all the flamers come calling about how stupid this is and other ignorant words, I will guess that you are under the age of 20 and have never spent some playtime with a young child. :roll: haha But for everyone else who loves legos and enjoys the whole look and theme of legos, this will be a fun timekiller when you have a minute or two to kill.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/lego-creationary/id401267497?mt=8#

[quote name='jjz203']
And lastly I wanted to share Lego Creationary with the CAG community that grew up playing with legos or may have kids that love legos. It's a simple game but I REALLY enjoy it and so does my 3 yr old. It's a sort of simple guessing game where the player guesses what's being built on the screen by lego blocks but you can really have some nostalgic fun with this one. It brough me back to my days of building imaginary things out of random lego blocks when I was a kid and, surprisingly, my son is REALLY good at recognizing random blocks and shapes and guessing what it is before I can even see it. So give it a dl while it's new and free and see if it's for you. And before all the flamers come calling about how stupid this is and other ignorant words, I will guess that you are under the age of 20 and have never spent some playtime with a young child. :roll: haha But for everyone else who loves legos and enjoys the whole look and theme of legos, this will be a fun timekiller when you have a minute or two to kill.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/lego-creationary/id401267497?mt=8#[/QUOTE]
That's awesome. My boys are nine and seven and they both play with LEGOs as much as ever. In fact, my nine-year-old just bought a new set with his allowance on Saturday. Thanks so much for always taking the time to share your opinions about the myriad of downloads available every day. I'm definitely going to snag this one.

The platform puzzler Puzzle Escape is FREE for the next couple of days (http://itunes.apple.com/app/puzzle-escape/id386488876?mt=8).

"The goal is to help our lovely bear, using some elements (trampolines, bombs, elevators, etc), to reach the exit. that will be a fun journey.

Addictive and challenging game with nice graphics and simple control
(just type on the available pieces) - by Marcio Arruda

Top notch puzzle game. Definately reminds me of a Lemmings type game.
Great graphics and simple gameplay. - by Snooptalian.

Features:
- 10 tutorial levels, we will learn how to play.
- 75 levels design is done with meticulous care! Have fun!
- Easy Finger Control,just touch/Drag the screen to pick and put elements.
- Fast to launch and play. pick up & play.
- There will be further upgraded and new Levels."

[quote name='jjz203']11/9/10 Morning update:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/lego-creationary/id401267497?mt=8#[/QUOTE]

Lego's!?!?!? REALLY!! This is what the CAG community has come to!?!? J/K! How dare you share such an informative post! LOL!

I hear you on the Lego's.... I have a 3 and 6 year old that absolutely love Lego's and I'm sure would dig this.

As always... Thanks for sharing all of your input on apps and helping us with finding the hidden gems out there. As much as you're trying out new apss... Do you have certain ones that you play frequently that you could suggest?

[quote name='kryptonic']Lego's!?!?!? REALLY!! This is what the CAG community has come to!?!? J/K! How dare you share such an informative post! LOL!

I hear you on the Lego's.... I have a 3 and 6 year old that absolutely love Lego's and I'm sure would dig this.

As always... Thanks for sharing all of your input on apps and helping us with finding the hidden gems out there. As much as you're trying out new apss... Do you have certain ones that you play frequently that you could suggest?[/QUOTE]

I have a jb 32gb iPhone 4 and the first 16 games in my game folder (folderexpress FTW!) that I frequently play and how I got them are (in no particular priority):

Angry Birds (not free and may never be :razz: )
Monster Mayhem (free)
Block Breaker Deluxe 2 (free and better than Jetball IMHO)
Osmos (not free but drops to $0.99 once in a while)
iSlash (free... and I'm REALLY addicted to this for some reason)
Splode (free and like iSlash, just addicting)
Catapult Madness (free)
Plants vs. Zombies (not free but drops to $0.99 once in a while)
Asphalt 5 (not free but drops to $0.99 once in a while. My favorite racer compared to NFS and Real Racing)
Dark Nebula (free)
SillyBunnies (free)
Gun Bros (free and REALLY good shoot 'em up)
Alphabetic (free)
Aftermath (free)
Soosiz (free)
Super KO Boxing 2 (free)

I have about 73 good/great games that I keep on my phone just to cover the bases (puzzler/action/runner/etc...) if I get bored of one but those are probably the ones I play with some frequency.

[quote name='jjz203']Block Breaker Deluxe 2 (free and better than Jetball IMHO)[/QUOTE]

Beg to differ! :) BBD2 was fun for a while, and then it got incredibly, annoying difficultly. Not fun difficult, but irritating difficult. Jet Ball was fun throughout. So I give the nod to Jet Ball, pretty easily in fact.

Thanks for the list. I chugged through it this morning.
Some of the prices have changed since you got them.

[quote name='jjz203']
Monster Mayhem (free)
[/QUOTE]

These three are currently 0.99, but they have lite/free versions.

[quote name='jjz203']
[/QUOTE]

$1.99, no lite/free version

[quote name='jjz203']
Dark Nebula (free)
Aftermath (free)
[/QUOTE]

0.99 and no lite/free version

[quote name='jjz203']
Alphabetic (free)
Soosiz (free)
[/QUOTE]

1.99, but has a lite version

[quote name='blandstalker']Thanks for the list. I chugged through it this morning.
Some of the prices have changed since you got them.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I caused some confusion, I was just putting up a list of what I enjoy the most and how I got them, not what they are currently. Most have a price on them, but at one point they were free and I jumped on them and am glad I did. Keep your eyes peeled for when they go free again... maybe add them to your appshopper app and have it update you when they drop in price?

148apps.com fairly salivated all over its review for Audiogalaxy Mobile, a FREE music streaming app (http://itunes.apple.com/app/audiogalaxy-mobile/id373357030?mt=8). Since I have an unreasonably large iTunes library on my Mac (like, over half a terrabyte large), I'm always having to pick and choose which tunes actually get transferred onto an iDevice. Does anyone have any experience with this particular streamer? It sounds too good to be true (fast, stable, small footprint...). I'll probably give it a shot regardless (hey, it's free) but I thought I'd see if anyone here had anything to say first. Thanks!

Just wanted to say for .99 Shining Core should be a no brainer. I picked it up this morning (as a relative new Ipod Touch 4g owner) and have been playing it instead of angry birds. I would compare it puzzle quest, but there are some elements of puzzle quest that don't seem to be included so I'm hesitant to do that. However, the spin they put on the matching basic Puzzle Quest game play is very interesting.

A couple of new FAAD titles:

Train Conductor
(http://itunes.apple.com/app/train-conductor/id344442490?mt=8)
"Control trains with the swipe of a finger, avoid disastrous collisions and explore 10 exotic Australian levels. THIS IS NO SIMULATION - JUST SUPER FUN! Become a Train Conductor today!

Become a Train Conductor today!
★★★★★ FEATURES ★★★★★

✔ Online Plus+ Leaderboards - compare scores with friends
✔ 15 Challenging Achievements to collect!
✔ Gorgeous hand-painted levels and lush environmental effects; Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Great Outback, Flinders St Station, the famous wine region and the golden beaches
✔ Wide variety of conditions; Gold Rush Trains, Demon Trains, Ghost Trains, broken tracks and different weather patterns
✔ Miniature 3D Steam Trains and Cars
✔ Get on a winning streak and increase your Score Multiplier
✔ Experience the crazy Graveyard Shift - Ghost Trains don't crash into each other, but you have to connect them at breakneck speeds - "MENTAL"!!
✔ Create multiple profiles on one device
✔ Quirky original soundtrack - no expense spared on this soundtrack!! (or listen to your iPod)"

Santa's Christmas Village 13-in-1
(http://itunes.apple.com/app/santas-christmas-village-13/id329914940?mt=8)
"What’s Christmas without seasonal pictures, festive songs, fun activities and of course, Santa? Santa's Christmas Village has 13 fun games that will get you into the Christmas spirit no matter what the time of year. Santa's Christmas Village's hand drawn, computer painted graphics and original, seasonal folk music, classic Christmas tunes (over 20 songs included!) and classic and original games let the whole family participate in the fun."

[quote name='jjz203']I have a jb 32gb iPhone 4 and the first 16 games in my game folder (folderexpress FTW!) that I frequently play and how I got them are (in no particular priority):

Angry Birds (not free and may never be :razz: )
Monster Mayhem (free)
Osmos (not free but drops to $0.99 once in a while)
Catapult Madness (free)
Plants vs. Zombies (not free but drops to $0.99 once in a while)
Asphalt 5 (not free but drops to $0.99 once in a while. My favorite racer compared to NFS and Real Racing)
Dark Nebula (free)
SillyBunnies (free)
Gun Bros (free and REALLY good shoot 'em up)
Alphabetic (free)
Aftermath (free)
Soosiz (free)
Super KO Boxing 2 (free)

I have about 73 good/great games that I keep on my phone just to cover the bases (puzzler/action/runner/etc...) if I get bored of one but those are probably the ones I play with some frequency.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton for the list. I have a few of those as well, ie: angry birds, gun bros and PvZ. I'll be sure to check out some of those when they drop.

On a side note..... Why doesn't the apple products have their own forum section? I would think there's as much demand for this than some of the other hand helds. :shrugs:

[quote name='Dimsdale']148apps.com fairly salivated all over its review for Audiogalaxy Mobile, a FREE music streaming app (http://itunes.apple.com/app/audiogalaxy-mobile/id373357030?mt=8). Since I have an unreasonably large iTunes library on my Mac (like, over half a terrabyte large), I'm always having to pick and choose which tunes actually get transferred onto an iDevice. Does anyone have any experience with this particular streamer? It sounds too good to be true (fast, stable, small footprint...). I'll probably give it a shot regardless (hey, it's free) but I thought I'd see if anyone here had anything to say first. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think its great -- I used to use the JukeFly app, but for some reason it quit working, It would recognize the library but not play (It would constantly load)... the Audiogalaxy seems to run VERY well for the month or so Ive used it -- however today is the first problem I had, I was getting the same 'loading' problem on the way home from work...When I got home, the AVG singled out the Audiogalaxy.exe file and wanted to remove it ... I chose to leave it alone and restarted the program and its working fine now -- Im gonna look into this a bit more over the weekend to see if anyone else has this problem ...

They recently did an update to the 'album' option - now, when you select an album with multiple artists, it will play the entire album (If you know what I mean by this, this is an incredible update - if you dont know what I mean, then Im happy you didnt have to deal with that problem!!) ... also playlists are pretty simple to make, and use

I created my audiogalxy acct and it took awhile for the website to sync with all the tracks i setup, but it is well worth the wait ... Audiogalaxy, Wunderradio (streaming radio app, Yeah, so I WAY overpaid, but I use it more than any other app) and the Air Video app are incredible .. Its free - go get it!!

Gamebook Adventures 2 and 3 are on sale at $3 to celebrate GA 4 on it's way. These titles almost NEVER drop so grab them while you can.

[quote name='chembree']I think its great -- I used to use the JukeFly app, but for some reason it quit working, It would recognize the library but not play (It would constantly load)... the Audiogalaxy seems to run VERY well for the month or so Ive used it -- however today is the first problem I had, I was getting the same 'loading' problem on the way home from work...When I got home, the AVG singled out the Audiogalaxy.exe file and wanted to remove it ... I chose to leave it alone and restarted the program and its working fine now -- Im gonna look into this a bit more over the weekend to see if anyone else has this problem ...

They recently did an update to the 'album' option - now, when you select an album with multiple artists, it will play the entire album (If you know what I mean by this, this is an incredible update - if you dont know what I mean, then Im happy you didnt have to deal with that problem!!) ... also playlists are pretty simple to make, and use

I created my audiogalxy acct and it took awhile for the website to sync with all the tracks i setup, but it is well worth the wait ... Audiogalaxy, Wunderradio (streaming radio app, Yeah, so I WAY overpaid, but I use it more than any other app) and the Air Video app are incredible .. Its free - go get it!![/QUOTE]
Well, it's been about six-and-a-half hours now and audiogalaxy is still scanning the portions of my collection I decided to test with this thing. I'm assuming that once it finishes indexing, that information will just reside on my section of the cloud so my phone or computer at work will have more or less instant access to my files here at home. I just hope it's done by the time I get to the office tomorrow. If not, I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer for the potential awesomeness this app promises to provide. Thanks for your feedback.

with the Audiogalaxy app -- I synced 280gb of music and podcast's and it took 12-13 hours - I know it was a friday evening and it was done by a Saturday afternoon ... but once the sych is done, it should do another full sync unless you delete and reinstall ... when you reboot or restart the program on your computer, it takes no more than 5 minutes for it to sync again (maybe less, but its pretty quick)

edit: it should NOT do another full sync unless you delete and reinstall

also, I didnt think about installing the web program on a second computer like a laptop or work computer -- post back and let me know if that works well ..I wont get to mess around with that until the weekend!!

[quote name='crunchewy']Beg to differ! :) BBD2 was fun for a while, and then it got incredibly, annoying difficultly. Not fun difficult, but irritating difficult. Jet Ball was fun throughout. So I give the nod to Jet Ball, pretty easily in fact.[/QUOTE]

I had the same game on my Sony Ericsson, the iPhone version is just a bad port IMO... All the levels are the same except may be 1 or 2... But so glitchy on some levels and no multitouch makes the control unbearable.

Picked up Shining Core, even thou I havent even started Castlevania Puzzle :lol:

11/10/10 Morning update:

Space Miner Blast is new and currently free. It's a pretty decent shooter with decent graphics and gamecenter support.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/space-miner-blast/id386178417?mt=8

BattleZone 3D Eastern Front is new and currently free. It's a fun 3D tank shooter, dl it and give it a whirl!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/battlezone-3d-eastern-front/id400106083?mt=8

Hot Pool 2 is new and currently free. It's a 3D pool game with an anime theme for characters. It's alright but not as good as Pool Bar (which was free a couple of weeks ago) but if you want to try a decent pool game, dl this while it's still new and free.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/hot-pool-2/id401520305?mt=8

AirRaid2010 is new and currently free. Another augmented reality game, but at least it doesn't completely suck! It's like a td game in 3D using the camera of course and shooting down "invading" objects.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/airraid2010/id392701791?mt=8

Snip! has dropped to free. Hard to describe, like a slash game meets cell shaded animal rescue. Your goal is to help a "space cat" get to safety by cutting obstacles. Decent fun if you have a minute to kill.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/snip/id351988865?mt=8

Simon Says... is new and currently free. I know it's ANOTHER simon clone but for those that enjoy simon and don't already have one on their i device, here's a decent one for free and it's only 5.5 meg.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/simon-says/id392493999?mt=8

MMA Pro Fighter is new and currently free. I was excited thinking a good MMA fighting games was finally coming out on the i devices until I tried it. It's an RPG style game with an MMA theme where you "create a fighter" and bring them up through the ranks. Total disappointment, but if you like these sort of games, give it a try.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/mma-pro-fighter/id349022242?mt=8

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back