Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hook champ is one of the best games for the iPhone, when I first looked at a video of Supe Quick HookI thought 'bleehhhhhh ripoff of hookchamp' only to do some research and realize it was actually a sequel! Can't wait!

Are ... ALL ... apple stores opening at 7am on the 24th, like, even the ones in the malls? I have a pre-order through the store, and figured that I would get there early! :)

How many people pre-ordered through the store? (I'm now wishing I'd had it shipped since I ordered around 6am EST)

The Hive is a cool concept...but I got bored after the 3rd mission. Very repetitive...but cool for a few minutes.

Pancake Flip, on the other hand, has a cool art style and story. The controls can be frustrating, but I'm enjoying it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Pix'n Love Rush is pretty awesome and a good deal at 99 cents! It appears to be by the people behind the Arkedo series on Xbox Indie. Either that or they totally ripped of the graphics from Pixel, but I really don't think so. In any case it's a lot of fun.

http://appshopper.com/games/pixn-love-rush[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Great game! i believe it got an 8.9 on IGN.

Crap, I'm getting an error saying credit is unavailable from iTunes. Apple you suck !!!!

ok, now it's working again.

This isn't really a deal, and I checked the past few pages and didn't see it, but based on how much people commented on Rebirth of Fortune I think it would be safe to say people here will like it.

According to 1up.com, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions has been announced for the iPhone!

SpaceDuel! has dropped to FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/spaceduel/id342056858?mt=8#).

"Take part in exciting spaceship vs spaceship combat in the far reaches of space! Enjoy fast, fluid gameplay involving laser beams, particle cannons, crazy teleport abilities and more. The game has 5 unique classes of ships with very different abilities and weapons. Unlock them all and fight with your opponents over local-wifi to see who comes out first!"

[quote name='Dmonrei']This isn't really a deal, and I checked the past few pages and didn't see it, but based on how much people commented on Rebirth of Fortune I think it would be safe to say people here will like it.

According to 1up.com, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions has been announced for the iPhone![/QUOTE]

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/iphone/square-enix-porting-two-more-games-to-iphone.html

If they can nail the controls for both of these, it will be well worth whatever the asking price is

Word of warning to iPhone 4 pre-orders. I put in a preorder yesterday via the apple online store for an upgrade to the iPhone 4. Today I got a "routine security check" from my credit union. Turns out I was charged both by Apple and AT&T! I'm on hold with AT&T customer service now trying to get it straightened out.

In for Super QuickHook... we all know Hook Champ never went on sale. So get this shit now.

1. Hook Champ did go on sale
2. You're an idiot
3. Your display picture makes me feel sorry for you everytime

Super Quickhook is out. Developer's twitter pages says there shall be NO other sales other than this price so snatch that crap up.

Picked up Super Quickhook. So far it plays great on my iPad.

[quote name='jamesesdad']Can some one tell me why this thread hasn't been stickied??? Clearly its popular, and always on the first page?[/QUOTE]
Because not everyone has an iDevice. I think the sticky area is reserved for general purpose gaming deals, not deals for one platform.

-Update-
Super Quickhook rocks, even on the iPad!

[quote name='RollingSkull']Super Quickhook is out. Developer's twitter pages says there shall be NO other sales other than this price so snatch that crap up.[/QUOTE]

Really debating on this one. I have Hook Champ and like it, but still haven't finished it. Is there that much difference in the gameplay between the two games?

Not game related, but I don't want anyone to miss this... If you're an iPhone dev you need to go to http://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2010/ . All of WWDC 10 videos/slides/sample code are available for download, now, for FREE. This is not a mistake, just simply awesome for Apple to give this out (last years WWDC videos cost non-attendees $300+)

[quote name='awp']Really debating on this one. I have Hook Champ and like it, but still haven't finished it. Is there that much difference in the gameplay between the two games?[/QUOTE]

It feels better in most ways than HC. Less emphasis on running from ghosts and annoying GET IT PERFECT AND GET EVERYTHING AND MEMORIZE ALL THE COIN ROUTES OR GO HOME and a bit more laid back time-trialing.

No ghosts. Fairly frequent checkpoints.

I still haven't beat all the DLC they threw into Hook Champ, but you'll only get this price on SQH once so you may as well bite if you want another helping.

Good music and a good infinite mode, too.

[quote name='awp']Really debating on this one. I have Hook Champ and like it, but still haven't finished it. Is there that much difference in the gameplay between the two games?[/QUOTE]

Super Quick Hook is like the laid back older brother. The younger brother (HC) is full of spunk and energy but rough around the edges. SQH gets along with everybody and knows exactly who and what he is. Both are from the same hook swinging family however and if you don't like to swing on things, peace out.

I'm really really really enjoying SQH. Going back to HC is trip because it really is a bit harder than SQH. But I do miss the spinning hook sound so much... I can't wait to see all the old pals from HC in SQH as dlc in the future. I need to play as the Hookbot and I hope that John Gore gets a set of levels too.

[quote name='crunchewy']Pix'n Love Rush is pretty awesome and a good deal at 99 cents! It appears to be by the people behind the Arkedo series on Xbox Indie. Either that or they totally ripped of the graphics from Pixel, but I really don't think so. In any case it's a lot of fun.

http://appshopper.com/games/pixn-love-rush[/QUOTE]

Starting up Pix says it's from Pastagames, and I read an interview with the Arkedo guys, and apparently they share an office with Pastagames (and I think I also saw that one of the Pasta guys helped with design on the Arkedo game with the same character) so it seems legit.

final fantasy tactics... damn, there goes 10 bucks. one of my favorites of all time. sure i already own it on like 3 systems, might as well make it 4.

secret of mana is awesome news too, but i dont think ill pay $10 for it, maybe if it goes on sale to $5 or less...

Just a heads up on Super QuickHook ... the developer has put items in the built-in store that can only be purchased on the 1st day and 1-3rd days from release of the App, so if you like exclusive items like little masks and hats, it would be good to buy the game now.

[quote name='etcrane']Just a heads up on Super QuickHook ... the developer has put items in the built-in store that can only be purchased on the 1st day and 1-3rd days from release of the App, so if you like exclusive items like little masks and hats, it would be good to buy the game now.[/QUOTE]

The first day only item is a Rocketcat mask for 1 coin. Kinda ugly but if you want to wear that logo as a mask, be my guest. You aren't missing a damn thing by not nailing it.

The three-day only hat is a mini top-hat, a la the Rocketcat logo. It's a lot more functional as a hat and costs enough coinage that you'll still be dumping in upgrades long before you consider buying it.

Don't buy for the hats, buy for the deal you are unlikely to see again.

[quote name='etcrane']Just a heads up on Super QuickHook ... the developer has put items in the built-in store that can only be purchased on the 1st day and 1-3rd days from release of the App, so if you like exclusive items like little masks and hats, it would be good to buy the game now.[/QUOTE]
I bought the game. Do I have to play the game now too, or will it still be in the in-game store when I finally start it?

Coins are acquired pretty easily by repeating levels, so you can grab both exclusives after playing a few levels. While I'm not claiming a person should pick up the game because of the exclusives, it's a cool little touch to have exclusive DLC for early adopters ala Little Big Planet.

Into The Blue Dropped from $2.99 to $0.99

124156.png

ON SALE 19-20th of June 2010 !!!

"Line drawing meets castle defence - Into the Blue strikes an interesting blend that's distinctly iPhone and definitely enjoyable." --Pocketgamer.co.uk

** Now featured in the OpenFeint Spotlight! **

In Into-The-Blue you guide the blue army on the surface of a colonial planet to crystals, a resource that your life depends on. But you are not alone: the pinks, a robotic race, claims your new home as their territory.
Can you manage to survive?

http://appshopper.com/games/into-the-blue

Banzai Rabbit dropped from $2.99 to $0.99
423718.png

Good reviews on this one!!
★★★★★ Look up in the sky it's a bird, it's a plane, it's ... a Rabbit !? Banzai Rabbit hops onto the iPhone ready to save the world, and delivers an epic 3D platforming adventure like nothing else on the app-store!

★★★★★ NEWS FLASH: Banzai's arch nemesis 'The Flea' has hacked our systems and knocked 80% off the price!
Agghh this is a featured App!

Don't panic! We will restore the regular price as quickly as possible! 20+ hours of entertainment for less than the cost of a small coffee? Damn you Flea! Damn yoouuuuuu!
(PS: Get it while it's hot!).

http://appshopper.com/games/banzai-rabbit

HELLKID : hook & jump

273868.png

HELLKID: hook & jump in collaboration with FreeAppADay.com will be FREE today and today only

Customer Rating : ★★★★★ / ★★★★★ (4.8333 out of 5) - you gotta try and see if HellKid is this good! Blazingly fast paced, challenging, and mind boggling game you haven’t yet tried. Once you try, you will be hooked on to this addictive game!

http://appshopper.com/games/hellkid-hook-jump

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back