Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of reduced-price freebies:

• MonsterKill
  • Rating: 3.00 (7322)Version: 1.1.2
  • They're cute, they're cheeky - you just want to squeeze the life out of the little monsters! Hordes of tiny terrors have broken free of their chains and are running amok! CLASSIC MINI-MONSTERS! ...

• Big Buck Hunter Pro
  • Rating: 3.50 (2524)Version: 3.0.10
  • iOS4 Update: We have resolved the issues with the latest OS update and the new version is now live. We thank you for your patience. Happy hunting!

For all you puzzle lovers out there, Bobby Carrot (full game) is now FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bobby-carrot-1-full-game/id377199063?mt=8).
"Slip into the role of clever puzzle-loving rabbit Bobby Carrot! Solve a level by either collecting all the carrots or leaving Easter eggs at special spots to open the entrance to the next level. You will encounter numerous traps and obstacles along the way. Find out how you can overcome these obstacles to get to all the fields. If you get stuck in the game you can restart the level at any time by pressing the virtual Menu button."

[quote name='microcuts777']FYI: The Namco titles that I listed on the previous page are now at their reduced prices.[/QUOTE]

Just to add to your list, since Destructoid didn't really list the Ipad games that were on sale:

PAC-Match Party HD - $.99 (50% off) http://appshopper.com/games/pac-match-party-hd

PAC-MAN for iPad- $.99 (80% off) http://appshopper.com/games/pac-man-for-ipad

Pool Pro Online 3 for iPad- $.99 (86% off) http://appshopper.com/games/pool-pro-online-3-for-ipad

Isaac Newton’s Gravity HD (IAP) - $6.99 (30% off) http://appshopper.com/games/isaac-newtons-gravity-hd

From Toucharcade.com

Thanks for clearing up what that little + meant. I was very curious about that. I wish they'd add a symbol that indicates that an app is updated for iOS 4, at least supporting fast task switching.

By the way, though it's not on sale at all, I just got the music stream app Pocket Tunes Radio ($6.99), in part because Tuner, which wasn't that great to begin with, completely stopped working today when I updated to the supposedly iOS 4 compatible version. I tried trashing it and re-installing it, with no luck. Anyway, I'm glad that happened, because I bought Pocket Tunes Radio and it is much, much better. Note that you have to pay extra for the AAC+ support, but it's worth it, giving me the same quality, maybe even better, as a 128 kbps MP3 stream, but at only 48 kbps. Plus it fully supports iOS 4 background music streaming, including support for the task bar music controls, as well as meaning that other apps know that music is playing. So for example, our car inputs are smart enough to pause music when you shut off the car, and this works like a charm with Pocket Tunes, and unlike the NPR streaming app, for example, which is really annoying. So, so far, Pocket Tunes Radio gets a big thumbs up from me. I'm even considering buying one of their add-on skins, though I'll admit that charging for those is pretty bogus. :)

[quote name='kurrptsenate']That Time Crisis is true to the real thing (arcade or console). I'd recommend it. Didn't get a chance to try Katamari but I got it.[/QUOTE]

katamari is fun version of the game. i never really played it on my 3g because it ran so slow, fps must have been 5. but with the 4 it runs fantastic and ive been playing it a lot more.

Most, if not all of those MYSTONEGAMES are complete trash. (my opinion) They go onsale every other week so they get noticed by all the deal sites.

Danger! Dodgeball is FREE through the weekend (http://appshopper.com/games/danger-dodgeball).
"Danger! Dodgeball is easy to learn and fun to master. You control a daring hero braving the treacherous court of no-rules dodgeball. Take on the ultimate dodgeball villain and test your survival skills with fast paced, non-stop action.

Dive to the left with a flick of your wrist. Accelerometer to the right and dodge curveballs. Scoop up a downed ball and with a skillful flick and true aim, you can smash your opponent."

[quote name='kurrptsenate']just got a game called Dungeon Hunter. Imagine a mix between diablo + untold legends (PSP). also has an in-game feature to play music off your iPod. Fantastic graphics and controls. I'd expect to sink at least 10-20 hours into it. Quite surprised its for the iPhone/Touch based on the quality[/QUOTE]
Thanks for reminding me about this one. I had it in my archives but it wasn't actually installed. Put it on my Touch last night and was immediately blown away. I'm not a big D&D or RPG fan, but this thing is just great. I'm now actually looking forward to my Fourth of July exile with the in-laws this weekend.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Danger! Dodgeball is FREE through the weekend (http://appshopper.com/games/danger-dodgeball).
"Danger! Dodgeball is easy to learn and fun to master. You control a daring hero braving the treacherous court of no-rules dodgeball. Take on the ultimate dodgeball villain and test your survival skills with fast paced, non-stop action.

Dive to the left with a flick of your wrist. Accelerometer to the right and dodge curveballs. Scoop up a downed ball and with a skillful flick and true aim, you can smash your opponent."[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I am loving this game.

Apparently the Call of Duty Zombie games (both) are gonna be $7.99 for this weekend. I haven't seen anything on appshopper just yet, but keep your eyes peeled if you are waiting for a drop.

[quote name='tipio']Apparently the Call of Duty Zombie games (both) are gonna be $7.99 for this weekend. I haven't seen anything on appshopper just yet, but keep your eyes peeled if you are waiting for a drop.[/QUOTE]

They are already $7.99 in the appstore. Still to pricey for me.

Seems I was premature in my claim that "Pocket Tunes Radio" would get paused when I shut off my car, as is the case when playing music in the iPod app. It doesn't. I thought it had done that, but no. Oh well, I still recommend it if your looking for a streaming radio app.

Chop Chop Ninja dropped to FREE!!!

877580.png

Over 1 Million downloads! 1 Million people addicted to Chop Chop Ninja can't be wrong!

http://appshopper.com/games/chop-chop-ninja

[quote name='107proof']Most, if not all of those MYSTONEGAMES are complete trash. (my opinion) They go onsale every other week so they get noticed by all the deal sites.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I almost posted that myself. The bad thing is they do a better job of making their games look halfway decent, but they're still crap from my experiences. They usually have just enough to show promise but no more. It's like every movie Uwe Boll made, it doesn't matter if you liked the game, it doesn't matter if you like any of the actors, it doesn't matter if the previews make it look interesting... you will be disappointed.

Draw Slasher: Dark Ninja vs Pirate Monkey Zombies

http://appshopper.com/games/draw-slasher-dark-ninja-vs-pirate-monkey-zombies

In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Draw Slasher is Free for TODAY only.

Remember to download OpenFeint’s Game Spotlight App to get the Free Game of the Day every day!

TheAPPera.com: "Pirate Or Ninja, Either Way... This Game's Great!"

SlidetoPlay.com: "Gorgeous graphics and animation"

AppVee.com: "...has some of the coolest art I have seen in a game..."

************ "Draw Slasher" ************
"Draw Slasher" is an survival action game in which you take control of a cute ninja fighting against Pirate Monkey Zombies. These monsters invade your peaceful island, and you are the only one, who can stop them!

Slash through your enemies in style known from countless Japanese anime, and movies!

Cut off your opponents heads, hands, legs - whatever you want! Slash them to pieces and never stop the mayhem!

Hack your opponent and reappear behind his back. Do it over and over and make the biggest combo ever seen without being wounded once!

Features:
- Gameplay modes: survival, waves, hardcore, classic
- OpenFeint lederboards
- Dozens of achievements
- Opportunities to make unbelievable (100+) combos
- Black & white sketch graphics
- Lots of gore and cut off limbs!
- Easy, but fun fighting mechanics
- Pirate Monkey Zombies!

Fourth of July weekend sales summary:

Gameloft:

Namco:

Glu:

EA Games:

Other Sales:

Rayman 2 for a buck is a fine price. Hopefully the controls are alright. Though it looks like they are the main source of complaints on iTunes.

[quote name='Vanilla Coke']Rayman 2 for a buck is a fine price. Hopefully the controls are alright. Though it looks like they are the main source of complaints on iTunes.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I grabbed this one because I love the Rayman games on consoles. The movement controls seem a bit wonky, I think the issue is that "up" or "forward" changes as the camera perspective changes (which is often). At least that's how it seems to me. I still think it's worth the price, though as I've yet to be killed by bad camera/bad controls.

Astro Tap Pro is FREE for one day (http://itunes.apple.com/app/astro-tap-pro/id375803941?mt=8)

"Alien organisms are endangering the universe. Catch them before they destroy all other lifeforms.
Prepare your reflex and tapping speed, they are coming faster and faster. And there'll be even more of them.

Features:
- 7 kind of organisms with different kind of movement and action.
- 3 difficulty levels.
- Simple and addictive gameplay.
- Auto-save on incoming calls or press of Home button.
- AGON based online high scores with twitter and facebook integration.
- Offline personal high scores.
- Sounds on/off.
- Music on/off.
- iPod background music enabled."

[quote name='dubbfoolio']thanks for the comprehensive list dimsdale. I'm tempted by oregon trail, and brain training. Any must haves on the sales list?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ma']Dimsdale, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Kudos to you for summarizing all the sales.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Poorleno']Gracias dimsdale for putting the sales together![/QUOTE]

I hope you all know that he just copied that list from TouchArcade.com , dimsdale the least you could do is give credit for the article there on the site. Its always easy to copy and paste.

Definite grabs are Zombiesmash for 99 cents, World Series of Poker for 99 cents.

Also get Zombie Soccer for 99 cents. it's actually pretty good for YET ANOTHER ZOMBIE GAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back