Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Free App Calendar is showcasing a jumper called Bubble Rockit for its FREE game today (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=317).
"Bubble Rockit is an "ascension" style game made popular by Doodle Jump and Mega Jump, among many others.

With more controlled gameplay, a finite level design, and touch interactivity Bubble Rockit is the perfect game to fit into those really short spans of time in between your daily mundane tasks.

Your goal is to help Bubble Rockit get to outer space. Help him grab bubbles for fuel so he can keep shooting skyward! If he runs out of fuel he will plummet back to the ground.

Collect stars for extra points, but don't be hasty with that tapping finger... You may need to sacrifice a star or two for emergency fuel, at the cost of points."

Great App a Day has iDragPaper for its new title (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/idragpaper/). It's pretty self-explanatory:
"Click Start to start the game.
Swipe the screen to drag the toilet paper.
Drag the paper as fast as you can and possibly you are in the top of the world.
Take the challenge now and have fun!"

The puzzler FLIP is currently available for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/flip/id301461765?mt=8).

"Imagine a puzzle game where you simply flip your device and everything on the game-screen drops down from one end to the other. Imagine this concept being successfully employed by three distinctly fun game modes. Imagine giving your brain a workout with a truly logical design containing symmetry comparable to the Rubik's Cube. Imagine FLIP."

It's great to see Square Enix titles on sale, although the $2-3 different doesn't seem that big. At least Chaos Rings is under the 10 dollar range. Two weeks only though, but at least I have time.

What's this I hear about TREASURE titles on the iTunes Store?

Man, Castlevania was 1.99 when i tried to get it yesterday aftrernoon but of course i couldn't because it was conveniently being modified. and sure enough about 5 mins later its back up to 4.99... F U KONAMI! i was very much looking forward to playing it. :/

FAAD is cranking out another FREE feature, Streetball (http://itunes.apple.com/app/streetball/id304475191?mt=8).

"Streetball is a state of mind where anyone can be a champ or an MVP. Where everyone has a chance to be great. It’s a place that allows all to participate and be celebrated. There’s a time and place where every basketball player feels at home and where they are with both friend and foe on the court being cheered on by hundreds or just the audience of one.

***FEATURES***
- Fourteen characters with different stats and strengths, with new characters appearing in new updates.
- Local co-op and competitive multiplayer for OS 3.0 and up.
- Four game modes ranging from a 5-minute Two on Two game to a more casual turn-based H.O.R.S.E.
- High Scores challenge how good you are on the court!
- Unique character animations and visuals."

Arcade QB Pass Attack is currently FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/arcade-qb-pass-attack/id303139903?mt=8).

"Think YOU have what it takes to make first-string, are you Pro-material, could you be a hall-of-fame quarterback? Then suit up and hit the gridiron with ARCADE QB PASS ATTACKâ„¢!

KEY FEATURES:
- CLASSIC MODE – 60 seconds of passing action!
- PROGRESSIVE MODE – Fight your way up the field and score as many touchdowns as you can in four “60-second” quarters! Receivers now scale and move downfield for long bombs and more yardage!
- STATE OF THE ART GRAPHICS
- CHOICE OF THREE BACKGROUND MUSIC TRACKS
- SOUND AND MUSIC VOLUME CONTROLS
- LOCAL HIGH SCORE BOARDS
- GLOBAL HIGH SCORE BOARDS – Compete against quarterbacks around the world"

I just purchased Dark Nebula - episode 2. Dark Nebula is still free and it is a great game and convinced me to buy episode 2.
Thanks for the original posting for Dark Nebula

[quote name='rehwaldt']I just purchased Dark Nebula - episode 2. Dark Nebula is still free and it is a great game and convinced me to buy episode 2.
Thanks for the original posting for Dark Nebula[/QUOTE]

No problem, dark nebula is great fun. I actually bought episode 1 a day before it went free which was kind of lame. However, its a pretty fun game, and I don't mind supporting indy devs. Apparently episode 2 is even better, and twice as long, but I have yet to play it.

Magnetic Shaving Derby is free for an unspecified amount of time.

720642.png

http://appshopper.com/games/magnetic-shaving-derby

A very silly microgame, but worth checking out for free.

Tetra Defense – Attack of the Tentacle! is FREE for one day only (http://itunes.apple.com/app/tetra-defense-attack-tentacle/id385471524?mt=8).

"FEATURES
-Fresh 3D Tetris-like game play!
-Innovative Tower Defense game play!
-4 Tower types! FREEZERS, LASERS, PLUGGERS, and NEUTRALIZERS towers keep each game playing differently!
-3 Tower upgrades! Earn GOLD and balance UPGRADES
-12 Openfeint achievements!
-Global leaderboards
-2 game modes with ENDLESS play
-Witty comments from Bogey will give you a laugh as he mocks your attempts!"

The next OpenFeint Free Game of the Day title is Elasticr — The Slinky Slingshot Superhero (http://itunes.apple.com/app/id348590465?mt=8).

" A lone janitor, armed only with a mop and a rather large pompadour entered the ACME rubber band factory late in the evening to perform his usual cleaning routines. In a freak accident, an alien spaceship landed on top of the factory knocking him into a vat of an experimental new rubber. The alien radiation, along with the mysterious rubber, turned our mild mannered janitor into Elasticr! The stretchiest superhero ever to walk on this planet!"

In honor of the launch of iShoot 2, the original iShoot is now available for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/ishoot/id293798654?mt=8).

"Battle your friends or the computer as you compete to be the last tank standing in this new take on the classic artillery game genre.

iShoot features over thirty different weapons including shells, missiles, cluster bombs, and nuclear weapons which blast huge holes in the destructible photorealistic landscapes. Bury your opponents under a Portable Mountain only to watch them escape using the Excavator and repay the favor!"

Oh my gawd. If you all haven't bought Doom 2 RPG yet you're crazy. One of the best apps I've purchased and for 99 cents. I don't think I have any complaints for it. Although Normal is a bit too easy if you are a packrat. I have 80 or so healthkits atm. Still pick it up.

I never finished Wolfenstein RPG, though I did enjoy it quite a bit up to the point I got to. The problem is that now that I stopped playing it, it seems a pain to figure out what I was supposed to be doing, and starting over again isn't appealing at all. Still, I had fun with it, so I think I'll have to bite on 99cent Doom 2 RPG.

Damn. It's up to $3.99 now. I see now that I missed it (was as deal for this past weekend).

I stopped playing WolfensteinRPG too, it's a great game but I get distracted easily. I bought Doom II RPG, and went back to play and hopefully finish WolfensteinRPG first. I stopped playing Doom Resurrction too and went back to it here and there. The last time I was really getting into it and after a couple minutes I'm watching the credits roll by what a killjoy.

Great App a Day is featuring an old school shooter called Phasers today (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/phasers/).
"A game that is both simple, and fun, like the old arcade game Galaga. Able to use both the accelerometer and touch controls, and with increasing levels of difficulty, you're sure to have hours of enjoyment with this app. Updates and new levels frequently added, so you're sure to have a lot of bang for your buck!"

Free App Calendar has a puzzler called Hotspots! for its freebie today (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=309).
"A puzzle game asked for both intelligence and luck!
To pass the levels, you need to find all the hotspots.
By clicking different spots and comparing their colors, you can judge where the hotspot is."

[quote name='hollowfreak']Btw A.D.D. is not on sale it's still $2.99 same price it's pretty much always been, except for the $1.99 drop awhile back.[/QUOTE]

This thread is also here to post about great games that no one knows about.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']This thread is also here to post about great games that no one knows about.[/QUOTE]

Also under "Ongoing Sales" thread. Maybe when posting a great game, warn fellow people in the community how much the sale or cost of the app is if it isn't free. I mistakenly assumed that the game was free when you put up the post.

Just a suggestion :) Great find regardless!:bouncy:

I'm not familiar with them, but all the Rarebyte titles are currently FREE:

White Mouse
Rating:2.50 (12)
Catch the mouse by encircling it with Evil KittyËšs paws, until it canËšt move anymore. But be careful! Sneaky Mouse will move one...

iPentris
Rating:3.00 (6)
iPentris is an advanced incarnation of a classic game concept. It is far more challenging, but more rewarding at the same time....

Black Sheep
Rating:4.00 (12)
Black Sheep is a funny, brainteasing puzzle game. Help the Black Sheep escape from the feed lot! Show your puzzling skills in 40...

Lemming Rampage
Rating:3.00 (44)
Lemming + Catapult = Fun ---- User Reviews ------ "It's a must-have! Never get bored! Challenge your friends!" -Meg1991 ...

The action RPG title Dark Shrine 3D is currently FREE for a limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/dark-shrine-3d/id383801697?mt=8).

"Dark Shrine is a full 3D action RPG game.

Enjoy huge-effects and chaine-combos with just Simple control.
As a Demonprince of Hell, Explore hundreds of dungeons.
Numerous weapon collection to defeat enemys, who seeks the Crown.
Dark Shrine provides 4 different mode, beside Main game.
Play and enjoy the endless fun."

[quote name='Dimsdale']
iPentris
Rating:3.00 (6)
iPentris is an advanced incarnation of a classic game concept. It is far more challenging, but more rewarding at the same time....[/QUOTE]

That was definitely not the best choice of game names ... had to read that twice before I uhm ... stopped seeing something else? ;)

[quote name='etcrane']That was definitely not the best choice of game names ... had to read that twice before I uhm ... stopped seeing something else? ;)[/QUOTE]

That something else you saw? That's what this game sucks. Another lame Tetris ripoff that basically removes all that's good about Tetris by screwing with the pieces. Deleting now.

Free App Calendar is featuring a Galaga/Galaxian-like shooter called Arcadians today (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=324).

"Retro style shoot 'em up. Take on waves of Invaders as they descend on your Moon in arc-like formation. Each Invader's laser shot will weaken your Moon's energy core so protect it with your rotating Bunkers and Space Craft.

Survive 3 waves of Invaders and take on the mighty Galacticans as they swoop down on you, taking chunks out of your Moon. Old-style arcade action warped into new and exciting gameplay."

[quote name='Shan82']Anyone know why the jailbreakme site is not working? Any alternatives for iPhone 4?! :([/QUOTE]

It's probably because when you synced, you updated to 4.0.2 firmware. There's no jailbreak for that firmware yet. That firmware closes the PDF loophole/exploit that allowed us to jailbreak so easily.

The website works fine on my end (4.0.1 firmware), so my guess is you just need to wait until the next jailbreak is available. It'll take a week or two, and you'll probably have to do a little bit more work in the end since the exploit that made this so easy is now closed.

Loopy Laboratory is definitely worth picking up! I bought it a long time ago and enjoyed. My only dissappointment was that they never released new levels like they promised.

Downloaded Psychoban. Thanks microcuts et. al.!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='microcuts777']It's probably because when you synced, you updated to 4.0.2 firmware. There's no jailbreak for that firmware yet. That firmware closes the PDF loophole/exploit that allowed us to jailbreak so easily.

The website works fine on my end (4.0.1 firmware), so my guess is you just need to wait until the next jailbreak is available. It'll take a week or two, and you'll probably have to do a little bit more work in the end since the exploit that made this so easy is now closed.[/QUOTE]

There is an active, recently approved, Jailbreaking thread perfect for these types of discussions!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269788

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back