Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for spamming the shit out of this thread but I have this problem. I tried playing that tech demo of "Epic Citadel" on my brand new ipod and whenever I click the start button it crashes......why ?

I believe GraalOnline Classic is the first FREE game to support GameCenter if you just want to try it out.

Others with GameCenter now LIVE include: Cro-Mag Rally, Fieldrunners, Field Fencers, Flight Control, Pacman, Ms. Pacman, reMovem, Touch Grind, Real Racing, World Series of Poker Hold 'Em Legend, Zen Bound 2, etc.

Just saw on gaf that ipod4 has the same ram as 3gs iPod and not like iphone4. Is this true? Just bought a 3gs myself but just curious what's going on.

[quote name='darknight88']Just saw on gaf that ipod4 has the same ram as 3gs iPod and not like iphone4. Is this true? Just bought a 3gs myself but just curious what's going on.[/QUOTE]

so far mine hasnt qwerked or anything so I highly doubt it has the 3GS processor in it. Plus you will soon some dissaemly videos of the device and it will have the a4 processor

am I high ? shit ...DAMN

[quote name='darknight88']Just saw on gaf that ipod4 has the same ram as 3gs iPod and not like iphone4. Is this true? Just bought a 3gs myself but just curious what's going on.[/QUOTE]

Its been confirmed iPod Touch 4G has 256MB RAM and not 512MB RAM like the iPhone 4 : /

Just got a new title to (maybe) replace my increasingly-flakey AirVideo streaming app. ZumoCast is a FREE utility that works with your iDevice and your Mac or PC to stream all the contents of your computer to your mobile device using either 3G or WiFi. Converts stuff on the fly so you don't have to waste valuable space on your portable. Installation only took a couple of minutes and it seems to work pretty smoothly. Check it out if you're interested (https://www.zumocast.com/referrals/dir/1283999812.138).

[quote name='Dimsdale']Just got a new title to (maybe) replace my increasingly-flakey AirVideo streaming app. ZumoCast is a FREE utility that works with your iDevice and your Mac or PC to stream all the contents of your computer to your mobile device using either 3G or WiFi. Converts stuff on the fly so you don't have to waste valuable space on your portable. Installation only took a couple of minutes and it seems to work pretty smoothly. Check it out if you're interested (https://www.zumocast.com/referrals/dir/1283999812.138).[/QUOTE]

I get a FILE NOT FOUND when I click on your link.

This link works. www.zumocast.com

If you refer people, you will get a Premium version of the software (29.99 value) for free. However, they don't tell you what the premium version adds. Or what the limitations of the free version are.

Also, it opens your hard drive up to the world. So when you log into their website you can browse your hard drive from anywhere. I am not sure how secure this is and would be cautious about installing the Desktop app. It would be fine if I could just browse my computer from my ipad, or phone when I am on my wireless network. But for Zumodrive.com to have access to my harddrive is a little scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='107proof']I get a FILE NOT FOUND when I click on your REFERRAL link.

A non referral link works. www.zumocast.com

They try to get you to refer people, and you will get a Premium version of the software (29.99 value) for free. However, they don't tell you what the premium version adds. Or what the limitations of the free version are.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what the premium version could possibly add, either. I'm happy with the FREE version. By all means, use the regular www.zumocast.com link. It's not like I work for them or anything.

[quote name='Dimsdale']I don't know what the premium version could possibly add, either. I'm happy with the FREE version. By all means, use the regular www.zumocast.com link. It's not like I work for them or anything.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, I didn't mean it the way it sounded. I just meant it seems like if they wanted you to refer people to download their product, they would give you a link that actually works.

I am still worried about my hard drive being wide open to their servers. I don't like the fact that I can log into their website and see all my files. But I work in IT. So for now, its getting uninstalled.

I updated my original reply so it has less attitude. ha.. No hard feelings I hope.

I bought a 64GB 4th Gen Touch today. My thoughts so far are:

- Netflix streaming is slightly lower quality in a few videos. As far as I can tell the retina display makes newer streamed movies look great, but magnifies some of the flaws of the lesser quality films. This will probably go away when they update the app to support retina displays.
- It doesn't seem as bright as my 3rd gen Touch. It's actually overly bright, and I need to turn it down. The 3rd gen touch units have a different non-retina display that in my experience was so bright that it almost bled contrast. Blindingly bright. It also drained my battery just as fast to make up for it.
- Battery life is *much* better then the 3rd gen I replaced.
- The unit feels about 25% faster overall.

If there's any interest, I have a 16GB 1st Generation Touch available for sale, pm me for details.

[quote name='107proof']Sorry man, I didn't mean it the way it sounded. I just meant it seems like if they wanted you to refer people to download their product, they would give you a link that actually works.

I am still worried about my hard drive being wide open to their servers. I don't like the fact that I can log into their website and see all my files. But I work in IT. So for now, its getting uninstalled.

I updated my original reply so it has less attitude. ha.. No hard feelings I hope.[/QUOTE]
No problem; no offense taken. I was just excited about finding another app that will stream stuff off my Mac onto my iPod without my having to rip and copy. I'm kinda intrigued by the thought of having access to my files while I'm at work or on the road, too. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. I also have to do IT stuff (even though I'm actually a graphic designer) so I understand your security concerns. I have redundant backups of all my files so I'm not too worried about anything getting corrupted, but we'll see if the payoff is worth the risk.

Geeze, that 4.1 update took a lot longer than I thought it would. Anyway, I added everyone who's posted their Game Center ID so far. I'm Dimms in case I missed you. Now we can sit around the GC and tell each other what OpenFeint game we'll be playing next . . .

[quote name='Dimsdale']I don't know what the premium version could possibly add, either. I'm happy with the FREE version. By all means, use the regular www.zumocast.com link. It's not like I work for them or anything.[/QUOTE]

but I thought you said you did work for them ?

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I wish they would have just adopted OpenFeint instead of this GameCenter crap...[/QUOTE]

yeah that wouldnt have been great.....or even better yet gamecenter should have also grabbed Plus while they were at it lol

Man I sure was confused when my phone started trumpeting at me. :lol: Notifications turned off! Accepted all friend requests and adding some now.

Crimson Gem Saga has dropped from $9.99 to $4.99! -- I don't know anything about the game, but this seems to be the first time it's been on sale so... seems like a decent deal.

"Apple features Crimson Gem Saga as one of “Best Role-Playing Games”
On Sale now, Limited time SALE! 50% off! Don’t miss out.

The PSP hit, Crimson Gem Saga has been carefully ported to the iPhone and iPod Touch, offering RPG lovers a highly engrossing and original turn-based RPG adventure in the palm of their hand.

In Crimson Gem Saga you'ill build your own unique party and experience a magnificent adventure to find the Crimson Gem, a wicked stone with the power to control minds. Fans of JRPGs will love the style and presentation of Crimson Gem Saga, including turn-based party gameplay, great unique characters, plenty of gear, stats, skills, quests and monsters, wrapped in an epic campaign unlike any other RPG on the App Store.

Features

Unique and well developed characters with unique skills and detailed high resolution portraits
Characters speak over 60% of the story dialog
A gorgeous hand painted world full of unique locations (no tiles here!)
A unique interface custom built for the iPhone experience
A huge 400MB RPG adventure with over 30 hours of deep gameplay

The PSP version of Crimson Gem Saga successfully received an average score of 80 in North America, including an 8.4 from IGN. Enjoy the same great game for a fraction of the price on your iPhone or iPod Touch!"

[quote name='Malik112099']Malik112099 on gamecenter. Add me!

P.S. If you have the right source(s) installed in cydia you can get gamecenter without updating to 4.1[/QUOTE]

Tried adding you and it says it cant find your name.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']It's great that fellow CAGs of iOS users are sharing their usernames but lets try to stick this thread with iPhone and iPod Touch App deals.

One can make a thread sharing usernames on the other forum.
I know we don't have Apple forums for gamingon CAG, but we might be able to use this forum:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I'm now starting to use appshopper.com more since this thread is going to be all the gc username posts soon. Someone start a thread JUST for the usernames in the community section, this is a deal thread so let's please keep it to deals.

[quote name='Malik112099']Shit. Guess the beta build doesn't work. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yep, no communication with Apple's servers = no go for adding people registered there. It looks like it found you just fine on my JB 4.0.1 though, so there's a server that has our info somewhere...

...kinda NOT cool...

[quote name='CouRageouS']Man I sure was confused when my phone started trumpeting at me. :lol: Notifications turned off! Accepted all friend requests and adding some now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had the same reaction. I was especially confused because my notifications are already turned off. Guess Apple doesn't have to pay attention to no stinkin' preferences . . .

Square just updated Chaos Rings with retina support. Damn, I thought they wouldn't do it, otherwise I would have bitten on it a couple weeks back when it was $10.

The puzzle game Ekibo is FREE again for the first time in almost a year (http://itunes.apple.com/app/ekibo-addictive-arcade-game/id329433710?mt=8).

"The object of Ekibo is simple: Get the Yellow Box, while avoiding the Blue Boxes. Check out the YouTube video!!

And sure enough, the first level is extremely easy. With each level, however, a new blue box gets in your way, and soon you’ll be on the edge of your seat trying to dodge blue boxes to get to your goal. But don’t worry, every few levels you can collect a Yellow Star that will remove all the blue boxes from the screen, allowing you a clear path to the Yellow Box.

Ekibo needs to be played to be appreciated – do not let it’s simple appearance fool you. This is one of the most addictive and challenging games in the store, and it can be played by all ages."

[quote name='jjz203']Seriously, I'm now starting to use appshopper.com more since this thread is going to be all the gc username posts soon. Someone start a thread JUST for the usernames in the community section, this is a deal thread so let's please keep it to deals.[/QUOTE]

Well if you have an issue with the lack of deals being posted, do something about it. Contribute to the thread in a meaningful way and post deals, instead of lurking, providing nothing, and then criticizing when new community features are implemented. Things will return to normal once everyone has posted their gc name.

eliter1 on gamecenter, add me and I'll add people a couple of pages back as well

Edit: NVM the cydia version doesn't work...yet

[quote name='jamesesdad']Well if you have an issue with the lack of deals being posted, do something about it. Contribute to the thread in a meaningful way and post deals, instead of lurking, providing nothing, and then criticizing when new community features are implemented. Things will return to normal once everyone has posted their gc name.[/QUOTE]

Wow, defensive much? I have contributed to this thread (as well as many others throughout my years on CAG) if you care to read the posts in the thread rather than being belligerent and accusatory. I just don't bother posting them all since most of the games are crap and shovelware. I'm not looking to up my post count by posting every single thing I see on appshopper and I also don't post the openfeint games since I know dimsdale will.

I'm sorry if I come off as self-righteous but I'm just trying to keep the purpose of the thread to what it is, about iphone/ipod touch game deals and not "I need some friends to play with, please tell me your name and I'll tell you mine" (which would make for a GREAT thread title itself in another section of the forums). I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but let's face the facts, if CheapyD and other moderators delete/move threads all the time because they're in the wrong section of the forums, what makes the posts about "what's your gamecenter username" any different than those threads? Have a moderator say that you're right and I'll be quiet and "contribute" like a good boy. :roll:

All the posts with GC names, they're gone from this thread, as it was nothing related to the thread and keeping it on-topic.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']It's great that fellow CAGs of iOS users are sharing their usernames but lets try to stick this thread with iPhone and iPod Touch App deals.

One can make a thread sharing usernames on the other forum.
I know we don't have Apple forums for gamingon CAG, but we might be able to use this forum:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22[/QUOTE]That's a great idea. Someone who will maintain a thread of all the GC names should go make one. General Gaming works for where it should go for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back