Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='soyverde']Thanks, that's about what I'd expect, in which case I probably won't bother (have way too many apps anyway).

@Dimsdale: If you still have a copy in iTunes you should be able to update it to the latest version, which would include any name changes. I just checked the app store for something I removed yesterday, and it's not showing up as installed for me...[/QUOTE]
Ahh, makes sense. Hadn't thought about updating all the uninstalled stuff I have. Thanks for the suggestion!

so happy that Neuroshima Hex finally made it pass approval. And it's a killer version of the board game, everything oozes sexiness. Throw in the upcoming online multiplayer update and it will quickly become the defacto board game. Cheap price too at $2.99

Also been playing Tichu a lot. It's a simple trick taking card game (plays like Hearts with some extra cards) and is quite addicting. It's got decent AI and the bluetooth multiplayer setup is real easy. He's said that he's planning to add online multiplayer by the end of the year. Definitly get your money's worth out of it at $2.99

I beat level 25 of Gravity Runner twice, and it's not giving me credit for it. :( Is there a minimum time? It took my around 30 minutes the first time and 15 minutes the second... lol. So frustrating.

[quote name='CONMAN999']@Cenny, I saw you posted this earlier and I looked around to see if I could find anything but I had no such luck. If you want to go the extra mile I'd suggest asking on the forums on TouchArcade. If there's absolutely no game similar you can find you may just want to ask for some puzzler suggestions from the guys here. I'm sure they'll be able to recommend some good titles that she may be interested in[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for the reply, I'll ask at TouchArcade. It's funny because there's like a million matching type games but it seems like they're all variations on the same basic gameplay idea. Scarabeus is a little different, and like I said pretty unique. Thanks for looking around though, I really appreciate the input.

I'm sure plenty here will be excited about this drop: iRape Alarm is FREE!

"iRape Alarm is an application that allows users to alert other around them if they feel they are being attacked or about to become a victim of a sex attack. Note : This application will not prevent you from being sexually abused. Stephen Thompson"

The Asteroids-like game Aerolite is the latest OpenFeint Free Game of the Day (http://itunes.apple.com/app/aerolite/id295224776?mt=8).

"Aerolite brings unlimited levels of classic asteroid destroying fun to your iPhone and iPod touch.

Included Features:
- Customizable game controls
- Resize buttons to your liking
- Place button ontrols anywhere on screen
- Listen to your iPod music & sound effects while playing
- High scores saving
- Unlimited levels
- Power ups and bonus items"

The puzzler Space Loops is currently available for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/space-loops/id379579395?mt=8).

"Space Loops is a new INSANELY ADDICTIVE puzzle from the creators of Falling Gems!

*** FREE! - This weekend only! ***

The goal is plain and simple: just place different pieces on the screen to form closed loops, and use the released energy to advance to the next level. Perfect for brief play-sessions!

It is easy to get into, but becomes challenging and needs fast thinking to master!"

FAAD has another puzzler for one of its featured freebies, Color Fill (http://www.freeappaday.com/napp.php?id=413).

"Color Fill is an addictive colorful puzzle game.

Using 4 colors to fill the picture and keep each adjacent area in different colors. 80 levels with time limited. This game is waiting for you to challenge. Enjoy the game and have fun."

Tapic has dropped to FREE! to celebrate their new app RingtoneMaker.

"The revolutionary music / rhythm game that lets you play music tap game with your own music!

- Instantly start playing with ANY of your iPod music!
- Automatic & precise notes generation!
- Both portrait and landscape game modes available!
- Various game themes available! And even more coming in next versions!
- Experience and level system!
- Earn coins by playing games and exchange coins for TapCash!
- Use TapCash to unlock new themes!"

[quote name='clockworkgreen']This has probably been brought up in the past, but, why isn't there a separate "Apple Gaming" section, in addition to Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

Awesome idea...

Doodle Cannon Classic: The War of the Worlds has dropped to FREE!

"Based on the very successful games: Doodle Cannon War and Doodle Cannon 2G, We choose 48 levels from more than 200 levels with the two game.

DESCRIPTION: In the game, you operate a cannon to attack the target. you should control the direction and the power very precisely. You should make the bomb close to the target as soon as possible, when the bomb bang, the target will be destroyed, when you destroy all the enemies, you succeed! "

Aqua Moto Racing 2
has dropped to $.99!

"=====================================
LIMITED TIME OFFER - Now 80% Off
Hurry up and get Aqua Moto Racing 2!!!
=====================================

Resolution Interactive is proud to present the sequel to it's widely popular and critically acclaimed Aqua Moto Racing.

Aqua Moto Racing 2 offers great water racing with some of the best graphics seen on the iPhone platform. With state of the art wave physics this game truly has to be seen to be believed.

Race in exotic world locations with amazing details set in the Tropics, Greece and Egypt. Start earning cash by participating in races and winning Championships and spend them on better JetSkis. Unlock new Championhips and Achievements on your quest for Legendary Status.

Perform insane Stunts and round buoys to charge your Turbo to get the edge against your Opponents. Level up your Rider to a higher Rank by beating set target times and unlocking Medals and winning Championships. Connect to OpenFeint to challenge and compare your race results with friends all over the world.

Get Ready For The Splashdown Of Your Life!"

OK I'm stuck on Undercroft already - I'm in the Dunghill dungeons and can't get past the gates. Surely something simple.
I moved the boulder into a wall already so hopefully that's not it.

Medieval is .99c
******* 80% OFF - SALE EXTENDED *******
Medieval has been in the Top 100 in the ALL GAMES category in over 20 countries! Check out for yourself what all the buzz is about! For the ultimate Medieval experience check out Medieval HD on the iPad.

We now have a lite version! Try before you buy.

WE'VE LISTENED TO ALL YOUR GREAT FEEDBACK AND HAVE ADDED MANY OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN THE LAST COUPLE OF UPDATES:
- 6 new locations
- 6 new enemy types added(including flying enemies and a BOSS enemy!)
- Ability to dispatch multiple warriors at one time
- Improved balance and economics
- 2 new shooting modes
- OpenFeint integration
- Hiding top controls
- Added Fast Fire game mode. Now when you start a new game, you can select Fast Fire, Easy, Normal, or Hard Game modes.

Thanks for all your great feedback and ideas. Your 5-star iTunes ratings and reviews keep the updates coming! We have a number of new features still planned as free updates. Medieval will return to its regular price after these updates. So get it now and don't miss out!

******* APP CRITIC REVIEWS *******
"Between the great graphics, realistic sounds, and addictive gameplay, you quickly find yourself fully immersed in the world of Medieval as hours slide by." Score: 4.5/5 - Macworld

"The best graphics of any castle defense game on the App Store by a wide margin...that over time ends up becoming a kind of tower defense/RTS hybrid...surprisingly deep and incredibly engaging...the way castle defense games should be" - Frapstr.com

"As you start the game, the graphics go from polished to stunning; the colors are vibrant and the level of detail is impressive." Score: 5/5 - AppSmile.com

"This is a game that will stay on my iPhone for quite a while. I strongly recommend checking it out." Score: 4.2/5 - AppVee.com

"It’s not often that a game can truly appeal to gamers of multiple skill levels. But I think that Medieval is one of those games." Score: 8/10 - AppCraver.com

"Great castle game for iPhone. The graphics are simply stunning, and the game is a load of fun" - iphoneness.com

"This is a great game for any age." Given top rating of 'Best' - AppReview.com

"iPhone has had a fair share of games in this genre and the latest entry Medieval is one of the best games available on this platform today." - PhoneReport.info

"It is an awesome game" - AppChatter.com

Grab It Rating - TouchMyApps.com

Test your metal with Brisk Mobile's latest castle defense epic - Medieval. Out shoot and out last your enemies to claim victory. Defend your castle and your honor!

Innovative controls allow you to choose from a variety of devastating weapons. Upgrade your fortress and recruit troops to protect your land.

Survive wave after wave of enemies, protect your flag and keep your Castle from being reduced to rubble. Manage your gold and plan your strategy for dominance.

Stunning graphics and realistic sounds combine to create an immersive experience. Listen to the death cries of your opponents as you conquer their lands.

4 Game Modes: Fast Fire, Easy, Medium, Hard

3 Different Shooting Modes: Auto Fire, Show Arc, Drag Fire. Shooting mode can be set in Options

6 Different troop types including war machines like Catapults and fast moving cavalry Raiders.

8 Unique weapons such as flaming arrows and multi-shots. Each with multiple upgrades available for maximum devastation.

Check out the Open Feint leader boards! Keep those fingers firing!

Check out other exciting Brisk Mobile Games:
* 2360:Battle for Cydonia
* Lasers
* Submarine
* D-Star
* Fluffy Farm

Sign up for our mailing list at www.briskmobile.com to receive emails on all our new releases, relevant news, or specials we may be having!

What's new

Added "Fast fire" game mode which allows you to play the game with weapons recharging quickly.

http://appshopper.com/games/medieval

[quote name='soyverde']Tempted by Tetris, but I've yet to be impressed with anything in this genre on the iPhone. Either this game type doesn't lend itself well to touch controls, or I just haven't played a good version so far. I also don't like buying the big studio releases since they rarely if ever update (looks like it's been almost a year since this app saw an update). That said, anyone with this app recommend it, or have comments on the controls?[/QUOTE]
I think the best implementation of that style of game thus far has been Tatomic.

[quote name='Malik112099']That's a thread, not a separate section of the forum.[/QUOTE]
There were discussions at one point of making a whole mobile gaming subforum a few months ago if I remember correctly.

Eh, I'd rather see it kept as a thread on the main board ... there are too many parts of CAG I never get to as it is. At least keeping this in the Deals thread serves as a constant reminder to check it. God knows the Free Stuff area always seems to have stuff I miss out on by a week and I'm sure a dedicated subforum would turn out the same way, for me at least.

Through tomorrow, it looks like you can still sign up for FAADVIP.com. Not sure how many memberships they have total, but when I signed up yesterday, they said 10,000. Basically, if you're willing to review apps on the app store, you'll get iTunes cards for it. They don't give away the apps, but each review is apparently worth more than the app costs

For example, currently, Battle Bears -1, which is 99c, is worth 150 points if you review it. Get 1500 points, and you'll get a $15 iTunes card. I already own that game, so I decided to see how this goes. Who knows how fast the opportunities to review show up.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Was there ever a non-Special Edition version of The Secret of Monkey Island released for the iPhone? I know I have TSMI, but I recently took it off my device to free up some space (along with a lot of other big apps). The reason I ask is because the app shows up as available for .99 instead of "installed" when I look at the title in the App Store on my device. Even when I've removed games from my iTouch, they still show up as "installed" when I look them up in the App Store. Very curious . . .[/QUOTE]

If you buy a game in iTunes on your computer, but rather than installing it through linking to your comp you instead download it through iTunes on your iPod Touch, it will show that you haven't purchased it. However, when you go through the purchasing process, it will tell you "You have already purchased a previous version of this App", and you will not be charged anything. The same goes for if you buy a game on your iPod Touch and then try to download it using iTunes on your computer. You should never end up paying for a game twice, just be sure the game you are attempting to re-download is one you have purchased before.

Anyone know a free RSS feed thing that acts as a reader and for podcast use??? To give you an example, my PSP has a great RSS reader thing. Granted its only for podcast but thats what I would use it mainly as. Anyhow its so easy to use and it stream perfectly even allowing me to save the podcast through a neat list to my memory card.

Is there something like this for free for the ipod touch? I would love to click on a link through the browser and take me to the said app and add the stream to my favs or atleast let me add streams automatically. Hope I make sense. Not looking for anythinhg flashy, just that gets the job done.

Free App Calendar is featuring a "Zen gaming experience" called Take Wing Free (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=364).

"Relax in a comfy chair and admire the beautiful scenery, listen to soothing music, and collect an assortment of dazzling butterflies in this inspiring memory and pattern-recognition game. This app defines the new Zen-gaming experience. Beautiful. Elegant. Almost hypnotic in its simple mental challenge and visual beauty. Discover yourself in a world of butterflies..."

Chillingo's adventure game Dracula: The Path of the Dragon – Part 2 is currently FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/dracula-the-path-of-the-dragon/id359692840?mt=8#).

"The Game : A Point&Click Adventure using a 360° engine, the same used in Jules Verne, Return to Mysterious Island. You play Father Arno and you help him investigate in the mysterious city of Vladoviste.

This is the Part 2 of a 3 part Adventure [ Part 1 is available in the App Store today ]

Highlights of the game :
− High Definition graphics and movies.
− Easy inventory and documents system.
− Different puzzles to solve.
− Different musics and ambient sounds
− 3 to 4 hours of game play for this Second Part.
− Voices and text in 5 languages (English, German, French, Italian and Spanish)"

SpacePairs: Match Game.
[Free] [4.5/5 Stars US AppStore]

Links (copy&paste)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Get it in iTunes

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spacepairs-online/id382672186?mt=8

Get more info

http://spacepairs.phase07.com

Check our facebook integration

http://apps.facebook.com/spacepairs

Some US AppStore Reviews

Great matching fun! 5/5
JCMan7

I love matching games like this and this one is by far the best one on the appstore. I mean it has a space theme! You cant beat space and it also has multiplayer which rocks! I highly recommend. Its addictive and fun and a great way to pass time!! Plus its free!!
one of the better games. relaxing, too. 5/5
mal'akh

has got a tranquil gameplay feel to it, but that doesnt mean it's tedious. quite the contrary- it's quite addictive and entertaining, soothing you as you play. Levels are well designed. Sounds and graphics suit the feel of the application. I'd like to see an avatar creator, so everyone can have their own unique avatar, and not just with round heads. All in all, fantastic zen-ish game to load up during short breaks or even 15 minutes!
Great game for free! - 5/5
by Veecheech

This is a really fun free game, with a pleasant simple (yet immersive) art style. Doesn't get much better at this price!

i really want to register for the FAADVIP.com, but an invitation code is needed....does anyone have one or know how to get one ?

EDIT --- Nevermind, someone on the facebook page was awesome enough to send me a code :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean kovacs GV+ app is back in the app store for $3, but he's going to give it away free one night this week, he hasn't announced the day though

In case anyone wants to get in on FAADVip.com, feel free to use my code

xhbxxirynx

Says it's good for 30 uses. I have no idea what either me or anyone using it would get by using the code.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on Aqua motto racing 2 which is now .99 cents. really fun game, a lot like the old wave race for n64. Absolutely worth .99 cents, especially now with retina display support, and improved opponent AI. The only bad part about the game is no online multiplayer, but for .99 cents its a great deal.

Has anyone picked up Pocket Frogs? It's a free game where you collect and breed frogs leading to an almost endless amount of possibilities. I thought it would suck but got it because a TA preview said it was cool. Turns out it's a lot of fun.

If anyone wants to trade frogs, PM me.

Yeah, I've been playing it a bit on and off. I can't tell if I like it or not. I think I just wish there was a bit more to do. Is there anything other than jump around in the pond, breed, and put the new ones in the pond to eat flies?

Pocket Frogs seems like a pointless time sink to me, which is not the same as saying that I didn't get a bit addicted when I tried it. I just don't really know why. The only point seems to be to collect frogs, in the most time consuming fashion possible. I haven't played it since, but I imagine I'll play it off and on. Again, even though I have absolutely no idea why.

[quote name='Thrakker']In case anyone wants to get in on FAADVip.com, feel free to use my code

xhbxxirynx

Says it's good for 30 uses. I have no idea what either me or anyone using it would get by using the code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I signed up. Looks like it's a good deal. Download, review, get Itunes gift cards. Not too bad at all.

[quote name='Thrakker']In case anyone wants to get in on FAADVip.com, feel free to use my code

xhbxxirynx

Says it's good for 30 uses. I have no idea what either me or anyone using it would get by using the code.[/QUOTE]

looks like it's been used up. dang.

Anyone have the link/information to all those free Choose-your-own-adventure type games posted not long ago in this thread? Search bar is failing me.

[quote name='crunchewy']Pocket Frogs seems like a pointless time sink to me, which is not the same as saying that I didn't get a bit addicted when I tried it. I just don't really know why. The only point seems to be to collect frogs, in the most time consuming fashion possible. I haven't played it since, but I imagine I'll play it off and on. Again, even though I have absolutely no idea why.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Make frogs jump on lily pads chasing dragonflies. Oh look, what's in the present? Oh wait, do I want to breed with that frog? I wonder what the babies woudl look like. I nned to get more money to buy a new enclosure. Repeat. But it's fun.

Yeah, I agree it's stupid. But it's addicting and I'm having fun. I think after a bit I'll delete it saying, "What a pile of crap." But for now I'm enjoying it so whatever.

Well, first you bred them in Tap Fish now you can blow them up with Dynamite Fish, the current Great App a Day and Free App Calendar game offering (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dynamite-fish/id386333652?mt=8#).

"Having been given as a present, sadly the little fishy didn't make it.

There's only one way to get rid of a dead fish, that's right DYNAMITE!

This action / puzzle game needs you to think then blast your fish all the way to the target. There are many ways to do it as long as you make it there in the end.

Position your dynamite sticks then detonate, if it all goes wrong then hit the reset and try again."

Crazy Rock is FREE for a limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/crazy-rock/id382412927?mt=8).

"It is a very easy but absolutely addictive operating puzzle game(now it is FREE FOR ONLY TEN DAYS , DON'T MISS IT).
There is many beautiful color stones and cool garden map.
The only thing you need to do is put each 5 same color stone in one row or col.
But once circle big color stone existing, please be careful.
If you had a mistake, do not worry, you can try Undo functionality.
Try your best to get all FIVE stars for each level. Good Luck!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back