Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Unstopabull']I realize this is not a deal but I need help remembering a tiltle to a iPhone game. The game Is a defense game where you are in charge of a army that I think is being attacked by Germans. You can build bunkers of various types and I also know you have machine gunners that you can buy, maybe flamethrower men, and engineers that can build upgrade bunkers. You are the general, I think, calling different troops to the battle field. Think the goal is to raid their bunker. Any help with the name of this game would be appreciated. I think this thread may have been where I first learned about it months ago.[/QUOTE]

Could it be Trenches?:

http://appshopper.com/games/trenches

From AppShopper, a few notable .99 price reductions:

• Rating:4.00 (13)
  • ***3-day sale! This weekend only!*** MobileTechReview: 5/5! Namco's new Hidden Object Game! The Burtons have just moved into a beautiful new home, which just happens to be haunted. Now it's up to...
  • Realms

Rating:3.00 (9)
  • Realms, the intense action shooter blasts its way onto your screen providing numerous levels of gameplay for the beginner and advanced iPhone and iPod Touch gamer. Start with any of six different...
  • Chop Chop Soccer

Rating:4.00 (286)
  • CHOP CHOP SOCCER KICKS OFF! The fourth game of the Chop Chop series (over 5 million games downloaded) is here! ******************************************

I have had a 3rd generation 8gb iPod Touch for almost a year, and it has worked great. But, today neither of my computers will recognize it. It doesn't even charge. Does anyone know how to fix this without resetting my iPod Touch? I don't want to lose all of my saved data.

Mine did that...turned out moving it from the USB hub I had it plugged into to the computer directly fixed it. It wasn't getting enough power or something...

Not sure how you have yours plugged in...

Stuff: May have something to do with Apple updating some of its software? Pretty coincidental that happened today -- the same day you're having issues.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Did anyone have to agree to the app store license thing again ?[/QUOTE]

I did. It was for the new Ping thing I'll never, ever use.

It's telling me I need to upgrade to the premium version of StarDunk now, since I've played the maximum number of 'FREE online contests.' Lame.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears they have fixed the problem? In any case, I can play now.

Great App a Day is featuring the puzzler Pebble Jump for its latest freebie (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pebble-jump/id367783782?mt=8).

"A unique puzzle game inspired by 'Checkers' & 'Peg Solitaire'.

The objective of Pebble Jump is to clear the board by jumping over pieces in the style of 'Checkers'. The challenge is to land the last jump on the indicated 'home' space.

KeyFeatures:
• Over 100 puzzle layouts
• Easy, Medium and Hard difficulties
• Hint System assists when stuck on a puzzle
• Undo & Reset buttons included for convenience
• Listen to music while you play.
• Change the look from 5 game skins."

I'd be very weary off FaadVIP site now... Signed up and bought Battle Bears -1 on 9/20 submitted a review right away. My review is up but I have yet to receive any points on the site.

[quote name='Ronin317']At this point, I can't believe Space Invaders Infinity Gene has not had a sale in the 14 months it's been out...[/QUOTE]

Yep. Doubly surprised there wasn't one today or yesterday

Does anyone here have Let's Golf 1 or 2?

I've played the Lite version of the first game and I've looked at gameplay videos of the second game, and it really seems like they've dumbed down the swing meter in the second game. It just appears to be much easier than the first game since the swing meter moves so slowly. Is that actually the case?

I would've gotten the second game already due to the retina graphics, more courses, more golfers, etc., but the apparently easier difficulty level is starting to make me lean towards the first game instead.

See what the future of game programming holds with the FREE, student-developed ENDI Tank Battle (http://itunes.apple.com/app/endi-tank-battle/id393148397?mt=8).

"Take the opportunity to play a funny arcade-oriented fighting game in a full toyish 3D environment:

- Drive various types of tanks in many surprising environments that will remind you of your childhood;
- Fight enemies with various personalities, specific strengths and weaknesses;
- Complete 15 missions with specific goals;
- Try our three intuitive control modes;
- Experience astonishing soundtracks and FX (try the voices FX !);
- Publish your accomplishments on Facebook and challenge your friends."

[quote name='darknight88']GV Mobile + is FREE! Tonight only I think.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gv-m...=10492644-1225267-u488349t2247099f9fp0c0s5814

(Sorry if old)[/QUOTE]

Correct. GV Mobile+ - One of the first and still the best Google Voice apps is free until 1 AM. Even if you don't use Google Voice you should pick this app up because you might change your mind. The developer has promised updates adding VoIP and push notifications for the future.

http://appshopper.com/productivity/gv-mobile-2

[quote name='fazfznz']Correct. GV Mobile+ - One of the first and still the best Google Voice apps is free until 1 AM. Even if you don't use Google Voice you should pick this app up because you might change your mind. The developer has promised updates adding VoIP and push notifications for the future.

http://appshopper.com/productivity/gv-mobile-2[/QUOTE]

Has anybody been able to get this for free?
When I go to iTunes it says free. When I click to download it says $2.99 and tries to charge me.

[quote name='fazfznz']Correct. GV Mobile+ - One of the first and still the best Google Voice apps is free until 1 AM. Even if you don't use Google Voice you should pick this app up because you might change your mind. The developer has promised updates adding VoIP and push notifications for the future.

http://appshopper.com/productivity/gv-mobile-2[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it's already back up to $2.99 so I missed out on it...bummer.

GV + was free for me. Give it a try.
I'm in the central time zone. Maybe that makes a difference?

Aparently not dead yet according to SD. Try this:

"Worked for me. Shows as $2.99 when you are on the app page. Free if you click on the App Publisher name and then see the list of his apps (2 of them). Just click "Free" by GV+ Mobile
"

[quote name='darknight88']Aparently not dead yet according to SD. Try this:

"Worked for me. Shows as $2.99 when you are on the app page. Free if you click on the App Publisher name and then see the list of his apps (2 of them). Just click "Free" by GV+ Mobile
"[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! :applause:

[quote name='darknight88']Aparently not dead yet according to SD. Try this:

"[/QUOTE]
super thanks.

[quote name='aaronmills']Unfortunately, it's already back up to $2.99 so I missed out on it...bummer.[/QUOTE]

Still free, just downloaded it and it was free. Its 2 am here on the east coast. If you tried earlier, try again.

[quote name='$hady']I'd be very weary off FaadVIP site now... Signed up and bought Battle Bears -1 on 9/20 submitted a review right away. My review is up but I have yet to receive any points on the site.[/QUOTE]

Became a member of Faadvip and bought Battle Bears -1 , left a review and the very next day, I received my 150 credits. Contact customer service if you haven't received credit. also be sure your username on their site is exactly the same with what you use on itunes. If not you probably wont get credit.

I have heard of several people getting credit, so I wouldnt shun the site completely just yet. I would contact their customer service first.

If you're looking for another FREE fantasy RPG and you're running iOS4 on a rather recent device, you may be interested in Forsaken (http://itunes.apple.com/app/forsaken/id381218686?mt=8).

"Inspired by the legendary arcade classics before it, Forsaken is an epic go-until-you-drop fantasy arcade adventure. Explore unique and dangerous dungeons filled with deadly monsters and the bones of those who have come before you in an attempt to reach the deepest levels and claim the ultimate high score!

How deep will the dungeon take you?

** 4 different characters to choose from: Warrior, Priest, Mage and Archer
** Randomly generated dungeons - Never the same game twice!
** Fight your way through two themed environments: Classic and Winter
** Local scoring system"

So I'm not sure if its actually a game or not but it seems the app Glee is free but only if you download the Glamour Magazine app and tap new posts then "Get free Glee app". Took me straight to the redeem page with a code. Downloading as I type this.

[quote name='Skram']So I'm not sure if its actually a game or not but it seems the app Glee is free but only if you download the Glamour Magazine app and tap new posts then "Get free Glee app". Took me straight to the redeem page with a code. Downloading as I type this.[/QUOTE]

Yikes.

Outwit your prey in Hunter and Wolves, FREE for a limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/hunter-and-wolves/id383592983?mt=8#).

"A hunter is savoring a successful capture, unknowing that a bigger pack of wolves are in camoflouge nearby viciously planning their revenge. The path home starts becoming difficult. As the hunter starts being ambushed from all directions, he realizes that his only hope of survival depends on escape through the player’s sense of balancing the phone. now it is your job to help him to avoid the wolves and save the hunter's life as long as possible. More and more wolves will come in to challenge the hunter and ...you !"

Mega Worm has great style and it is fun for 5 to 10 minutes, but unfortunately the game just goes on and on and on. The difficulty ramps up way too slow and the game progresses way too slow. I have yet to play the game without getting bored long before it's over. The main reason the game ends is because I stop caring and end up dying as a result. So I'd say it has the potential to be a great game, but it desperately needs a much faster paced mode before it gets there. They are promising a new game mode, so maybe that one will do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back