Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aznguyen316']^ what do you mean paid? it's free for now.. usually I think it's .99c[/QUOTE]

PIA or IAP, I don't remember the acronym. Any in-app purchases.

Downloaded monster mayhem last night and tried it out today. man, is that game fun! plus the illustration and the way the game is designed is top notch. thanks everyone.

[quote name='Cimpy101']Is Time Crisis Strike worth $3? I hear it's pretty short.[/QUOTE]

You should wait if you really want to play it, it was either FREE or $0.99 less than a month ago.

[quote name='DtotheP']Final Fantasy I & II are both on sale for $3.99, possibly a price drop.[/QUOTE]
It's for one week (ending Monday October 5th), according to Square Enix's press release, to commemorate the games being available in French and Chinese.

how are the final fantasy games on the iphone 4? hearing conflicting reports. a lot of complaints about virtual dpad and no retina display support. worth 3.99?

I just tried out the TRINITIgames newer game called "Doodle Truck" and its definitely worth a go :D

I just hope it doesnt end up on the All-In-One GAMEBOX because if it does that means I just spent $1 that I could have gotten for free.

[quote name='DtotheP']The supposedly "way better than iMovie" video editing app Splice is on sale for $1. It has an hd update coming soon too.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/splice-video-editor-3gs-iphone/id386894062?mt=8[/QUOTE]

thank you so very much! I was going to buy this for editing on my iPod touch but opted out due to the $2-3 for non-HD splicing. Well now at 99c it's worth it and I can wait a little for the 720p update too. Thanks again.

Warlords: Call to Arms is the latest FAAD Gold featured freebie (http://itunes.apple.com/app/warlords-call-to-arms/id363480718?mt=8).

"Do you dream of leading legions of orcs, elves, humans and trolls into battle? Bring your dreams to life on your phone with Warlords: Call To Arms. Experience the insanely addicting game-play that is based on the hugely popular flash game. See what 10s of millions of gamers are raving about!

Features include:
-9 races including elves, orcs, trolls, undead and humans
-19 different units including archers, swordsman, mages and the ferocious Giant Troll
-Multiplayer(co-op+versus) on local wifi and bluetooth(net play may come later)
-Survival mode
-4 Difficulty levels to challenge beginners and experts
-28 countries to conquer on the over-world campaign map
-Visit the shop to purchase upgrades and add new units to your army
-Open Feint integration includes a bundle of achievements to unlock and leaderboards
-Watch the detailed animations as giant armies hack and slash it out on the battlefield
-Hear the battlefield come to life with the clang of steel smashing and arrows flying"

[quote name='Fire_Thief']MYST is finally on sale at 2 bucks, down from 5. I totally bought it. Been waiting for MONTHS. 500+ MB.[/QUOTE]

when you play it PLEASE put how you think the full version is :D

thanks

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/call-duty-world-at-war-zombies/id338057689?mt=8

Call of Duty World at War Zombies on sale for $5:

Four Massive Zombie Maps. One Great New Price. Now includes the ALL-NEW fan favorite, Der Riese, the largest, most feature-rich Zombie map to date. This is the ultimate Co-op experience for the iPhone/iPod Touch!

"Der Riese" (Zombie Factory) features:
* The all-new Pack A Punch Machine allows you to upgrade ANY of your weapons: Increased Firepower, More Ammo, and a new Metal Finish.
* New Teleporters allow you and your team to zip around this enormous map and evade the oncoming Zombie Horde.
* The Bowie Knife allows to you take down higher level zombies in one quick blow.
* Favorites such as the Hell Hounds, the Wunderwaffe lightning gun, and the Perks-a-Cola Machines return.
* The online 4-player co-op action you've come to expect returns with even more intensity.

"Shi No Numa" (Zombie Swamp) features:
* Shi No Numa is a hauntingly beautiful environment filled with terrifying zombies, weapons, and zombie traps.
* New weapons featuring the Wunderwaffe DG-2. Fry hordes of zombies with a single blast from this shockingly powerful new weapon.
* Survive the Hellhounds! Ferocious and fast, the Hellhounds will test your reflexes and your team's ability to work together.
* New playable characters! Play as Tank Dempsey (US), Takeo Masaki (Japan), Nikolai Belinski (USSR), and the infamous Dr. Richtofen (Germany).
* New Zombie traps including the Flogger for massive Zombie destruction and the Zipline for quick getaways.

Call of Duty: Zombies also includes:
* "Verrückt" (Zombie Asylum): Dare to enter the insane asylum and fend off the Zombie onslaught alone or with friends. Use electric traps to keep the zombies at bay.
* "Nacht der Untoten": The original zombie map returns in all its glory. Fight to survive in the abandoned bunker that started the zombie phenomenon.

[quote name='DtotheP']The supposedly "way better than iMovie" video editing app Splice is on sale for $1. It has an hd update coming soon too.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/splice-video-editor-3gs-iphone/id386894062?mt=8[/QUOTE]

Nice, just grabbed and tried it out.

Both are OK for different reasons and I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They each have different effects that are useful. Now I can use BOTH and get the results I wanted. imovie didn't even have a fade option. At least with this I can place a black blank title and cross fade it.

Thanks!

Myst on the iphone is basically Myst ... on the iPhone. It's a good, solid port ... but it's still Myst ... so it has to be your thing. Now if it were Myst 3D that would be slightly cooler ... but Myst is definitely an acquired taste and isn't for everyone. Oh and it's a relatively large download for an App ... just something to keep in mind.

Wow, a bunch of games just dropped in price. I'll try to update if more become available.

Metal Gear Solid Touch - $2.99
Driver - $2.99
Real Racing - $2.99
NFL 2011 - $2.99

Mirror's Edge - $1.99
Sonic the Hedgehog - $1.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $1.99
Doom Resurrection - $1.99
Doom Classic - $1.99
Star Wars Trench Run - $1.99
MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 - $1.99
Ace Combat Xi Skies of Incursion - $1.99
Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night - $1.99
Zenonia 2 - $1.99
Hybrid 2: Saga of Nostagia - $1.99
Phantasy Star II - $1.99
Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 - $1.99
Monopoly Here & Now The World Edition - $1.99
Risk - $1.99
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - $1.99
EA Sports NCAA Football - $1.99
Vanguard Storm - $1.99
Hills and Rivers Remain - $1.99
Command & Conquer Red Alert - $1.99

Zombie Infection - $0.99
Assassin's Creed II Discovery - $0.99
Doom II RPG - $0.99
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $0.99
Pac Man Championship Edition - $0.99
Archetype - $0.99
Spore Creatures - $0.99
Monkey Island SE - $0.99
Monkey Island II - $0.99
Zenonia - $0.99
Peggle - $0.99
Geometry Wars Touch - $0.99
Osmos - $0.99
Civilization Revolution - $0.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour - $0.99
Soccer Superstars - $0.99
9 Innings Pro Baseball 2011 - $0.99
Baseball Superstars 2010 - $0.99
Need For Speed Shift - $0.99
De Blob Revolution - $0.99
Bookworm - $0.99
NHL 2K11 - $0.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaa omg I checked my pandorabox and 7 apps are on sale for me, sorry therock88...some of these are duplicates

Mirrors Edge 1.99
Doom Classic 1.99
Tony Hawk 2 1.99
Zenonia 2 1.99
Assassins Creed 2 .99
Super Monkey Ball 2 .99
COD Zombies 4.99

[quote name='TheRock88']Wow, a bunch of games just dropped in price. I'll try to update if more become available.

Metal Gear Solid Touch - $2.99
Driver - $2.99
Mirror's Edge - $1.99
Sonic the Hedgehog - $1.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $1.99
Doom Resurrection - $1.99
Doom Classic - $1.99
Star Wars Trench Run - $1.99
MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 - $1.99
Ace Combat Xi Skies of Incursion - $1.99
Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night - $1.99
Zombie Infection - $0.99
Assassin's Creed II Discovery - $0.99
Doom II RPG - $0.99
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $0.99
Pac Man Championship Edition - $0.99
Archetype - $0.99
Spore Creatures - $0.99[/QUOTE]

Sweet! May pick up Mirror's Edge. Thanks for the heads-up!

Mirror's Edge looks awesome and had a high star rating, so I grabbed it.

The utter tool in me wants to get Sonic 2 (since I've heard the controls are much better than the first game) is 1.99 the cheapest it has been? Any other must buys from that list?

Too many deals - they'd put me in the poor house! I did decide to buy Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor. Everybody says it's great, so I had to jump on the 99 cent sale.

Good gawd, more price drops. These are all $1.99 each right now:

• COMMAND & CONQUER™ RED...
    Rating:3.50 (3056)
  • THE COLD WAR IS HOT AGAIN! Experience real-time Command & Conquer strategy with Multiplayer Mode. SKIRMISH IN 3 DIFFERENT DIFFICULTY LEVELS Now implemented for Skirmish Mode, choose from 3 three...
  • Hills and Rivers Remain
    Rating:3.50 (431)
  • Expand your empire in this epic real-time strategy for iPhone/iPod touch! Battle rivals over territory in real-time! There are only two commands you'll need to know: dispatching troops and moving...
  • VANGUARD STORM
    Rating:4.00 (832)
  • VANGUARD STORM is the newest addition to the CRYSTAL DEFENDERS series of "defensive simulation" games. Players must strategically position units within various formations in order...

damn, those are so decent price drops on games but I'm gonna resist and hold off because I already have too many games for my iphone just from reading in this thread. Thanks for the great deals guys

I saw civilization was .99c and wanted to see what regular price was and is it worth it? I know it's been free though. But if it had a solid Civ feel on gameplay I'd drop a buck on it.

Btw angry birds got an update.. Retina and gamecenter yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back