iPod Touch\iPhone\iPad -- Ongoing App Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

YouTube Video Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center exchange thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Hook Worlds have landed. :) :) :)[/QUOTE]

Hell yea! Downloading BFBC2 now!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']^ Not yet they haven't.[/QUOTE]

Check again dude.

I dunno. I don't see the link online yet, but I searched on my phone. Typed in Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it was the 15th one down or so. It's downloaded and running on my phone now.

[quote name='mightymek']I dunno. I don't see the link online yet, but I searched on my phone. Typed in Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it was the 15th one down or so. It's downloaded and running on my phone now.[/QUOTE]

ya that worked for me too, thanks

[quote name='mightymek']I dunno. I don't see the link online yet, but I searched on my phone. Typed in Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it was the 15th one down or so. It's downloaded and running on my phone now.[/QUOTE]

Gracias! i did what you did above and it was there. downloading as we speak!

Hook Worlds rocks. Got the top 25 weekly leaderboard for world 1. That won't happen again and I'm already too late for worlds 2-4.

Thank you!

EA and Konami Sale

iPad only, all 99 cents

Boggle
Clue: Secrets and Spies
Command and Conquer: Red Alert
Madden 11
Mirror's Edge HD
Need for Speed: Hot Persuit
Need for Speed: Shift
Pictureka!
Scrabble
Sim City: Deluxe
SNOOD
Tetris
Yahtzee HD

iPhone

uhhh, way too many to list

Also:
Ci85f.jpg

6py6.jpg

damn... already have so many apps either unplayed or unbeat:

Mirror's Edge
Hero of Sparta 1 AND 2
BiA Global Fronts
Dexter the Game
Assassins Creed
Asphalt 4
SC Conviction
Zombie Infection
Sandstorm
GTA Chinatown Wars

do i bite the bullet and get NFS Hot Pursuit & BFBC2???? AND Infinity Blade???

Dude get BFBC2! It's only .99!! You cannot beat that price and the game is addicting! The controls are spot on and easy to get use to! I just played 3 mulitplayer matches! Awesome 5 out of 5 easily!

Dungeon Hunters 2 on IPad!!!!! WTF I didn't know about this! This plus Aralon, shit I've never spent this much in one shot on the app store ARGH!!! And what about Eternal Legacy HD as well.....must..wait......for..........sales.

[quote name='jcp42877']damn... already have so many apps either unplayed or unbeat:

Mirror's Edge
Hero of Sparta 1 AND 2
BiA Global Fronts
Dexter the Game
Assassins Creed
Asphalt 4
SC Conviction
Zombie Infection
Sandstorm
GTA Chinatown Wars

do i bite the bullet and get NFS Hot Pursuit & BFBC2???? AND Infinity Blade???[/QUOTE]

you can always wait on infinity blade (unless that is the one game that you REALLY want). there are no indications it will go up in price. If you want the sale items just as badly, go for those instead.

Also konami games have yet to hit the price reduction. I'm still awaiting the reduce prices for metal gear solid touch and krazy kart racing, both suppose to be .99 soon. Until then hopefully they are available when i wake up for work tomorrow...

Damn EA, damn my credit card, damn my iPad, well no not that.

How is battlefield bc 2 on iPad, being that it is the iPhone version?

[quote name='cgarb84']Dungeon Hunters 2 on IPad!!!!! WTF I didn't know about this! This plus Aralon, shit I've never spent this much in one shot on the app store ARGH!!! And what about Eternal Legacy HD as well.....must..wait......for..........sales.[/QUOTE]
Ah crap, sooner than I thought!
9.99 and 467 MB

Give your wallet a break and download TiKi Toss 3D, the latest OpenFeint Free Game of the Day (http://itunes.apple.com/app/tiki-toss-3d/id392357343?mt=8)

"Kick back and relax, watch the surf, enjoy the music. It's time for some Tiki Toss 3D! The gameplay is simple and fun!
Swipe to swing the ring and hook a ringer on the tiki board. Tiki Toss puts you in an immersive beachside scene complete with tons of details from perfect surf and chirping seabirds to a full tiki bar and fresh island music!"

[quote name='jcp42877']damn... already have so many apps either unplayed or unbeat:

Mirror's Edge
Hero of Sparta 1 AND 2
BiA Global Fronts
Dexter the Game
Assassins Creed
Asphalt 4
SC Conviction
Zombie Infection
Sandstorm
GTA Chinatown Wars

do i bite the bullet and get NFS Hot Pursuit & BFBC2???? AND Infinity Blade???[/QUOTE]
Yeesh, I thought you meant GTA was on sale. I rushed to the app store. I'd gladly buy that game again.

Downloading NFS: Hot Pursuit, NBA Elite '11, and BFBC2. . .this's going to take a while. May as well use the down time to redeem another one of those WallyMart $50 iTunes gift cards. Blowin' through those faster than I had anticipated. I wish I would've picked up a couple more now . . .

NFS Hot Pursuit is 99 cents.

I bought Hot Pursuit, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Hook Worlds tonight.

$3 spent, and over 30 hours of gameplay earned. Awesome.

Added Hook Worlds to the que. Curse this sale! Must. Stop. Buying. Games. So many great deals, so little time. . .Well, at least I'll be entertained while we're at the in-laws this weekend.

App Store just amazes me, and tonight has been the biggest night for it in history. Over 20 huge new releases, with half of them surprises. We also have a huge sale by EA going on.

I got Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for 99 cents.

Got Battlefield Bad Company 2 for 99 cents.

Got Hook Worlds for 99 cents.

I LOVE IT!

http://appshopper.com/games/ultimate-mortal-kombat-3

http://appshopper.com/games/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit

http://appshopper.com/games/battlefield-bad-company-2

http://appshopper.com/games/hook-worlds

[quote name='RollingSkull']Also releasing looks like Broken Sword 2 Special Edition and NOVA 2...[/QUOTE]

Did you forget The Guardian of Light? Come on man, over 20 high profile releases tonight...

Just talking about stuff people haven't talked about.

Guardian of Light is awesome but my Iphone space is at a premium. I've already double dipped on GoL. Unless it has unique levels, I'll pass.

EA apparently ALSO dropped out Cause of Death, which you can get for free or pay $1 for an ad free version. Looks like Surviving High School style weekly episodes only instead you're a detective solving mysteries.

Are there any Diablo clones that ARE NOT virtual D-pad based? Diablo defined the the click-and-do-everything adventure, I'm really surprised there isn't a simple tap-based analog to that out. VD-pad = blah. Makes any A+ title a B- at best for me.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Downloading NFS: Hot Pursuit, NBA Elite '11, and BFBC2. . .this's going to take a while. May as well use the down time to redeem another one of those WallyMart $50 iTunes gift cards. Blowin' through those faster than I had anticipated. I wish I would've picked up a couple more now . . .[/QUOTE]

Does itune cards go regularly on sale? New to iPhone nd doing bf2bc2 as I type

[quote name='Smaxor']Are there any Diablo clones that ARE NOT virtual D-pad based? Diablo defined the the click-and-do-everything adventure, I'm really surprised there isn't a simple tap-based analog to that out. VD-pad = blah. Makes any A+ title a B- at best for me.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. The VD-pad, while a nice substitute for a real D-pad, just doesn't compare. At all. I tried to play Zenonia and deleted it after my character kept doing all the wrong movements. It's like the XBox360 D-pad, just worse. If that's even possible, which I guess it is.

Crayon Physics Deluxe has dropped to $.99 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/crayon-physics-deluxe/id300830915?mt=8) once again and I highly recommend the game, especially at that price.

"It first became a phenomenon in the beginning of 2008 in YouTube websites around the globe.
The Grand Award winner for 2D Physics PC puzzle game in "INDEPENDENT GAMES FESTIVAL" is finally here for iPhone/ iPod Touch!

Paint a picture by dragging your finger across the screen...
Presto! The picture becomes an object and drops to the bottom.

Just move the ball to the Star to clear the stage!"

[quote name='dejeckt']Does itune cards go regularly on sale? New to iPhone nd doing bf2bc2 as I type[/QUOTE]

There is a coinstar thread in the main deals forum. You can get $50 iTunes credit for $40 in there. iTunes cards actually do go on sale, especially right now. I was able to pick up a good bit of them for a good discount here and there. Mainly, the $25's were 20, etc.

I just bought these for iPad.
Snood
NFS: HP
Scrabble
Mirror's Edge
Pictureka
Madden 11
BFBC2

and I'm debating a few more...

Didn't see the whole list so I'm posting it, EA sale. List taken from TouchArcade.com.

** SAVE OVER 90% IN OUR BIGGEST SALE EVER! ALL-TIME LOWEST PRICES ON OVER 70 EA GAMES!! GET 'EM! GIFT 'EM! NOW! **

Phone/iPod touch Games:

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2, 99¢
  • Cause of Death: Can You Catch The Killer?, 99¢
  • Heroes Lore III, $1.99 → 99¢
  • High Caliber Hunting, $2.99 → 99¢
  • Pictureka!, $1.99 → 99¢
  • Reckless Racing, 99¢
  • Mirror's Edge, $4.99 → 99

• Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Need For Speed Shift, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Need For Speed Undercover, $4.99 → 99¢

• NBA Elite 11 By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
  • MMA By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Fifa 11 By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Fifa 10 By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Madden NFL 11 By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
  • NCAA Football By EA Sports, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour By EA Sports, 99¢

• The Sims 3, $6.99 → 99¢
  • The Sims 3 Ambitions, $4.99 → 99¢
  • The Sims 3 World Adventures, $2.99 → 99¢
  • SimCity Deluxe, $2.99 → 99¢
  • Spore Creatures, 99¢
  • Spore Origins, 99¢
  • Lemonade Tycoon, 99¢

• Monopoly, $2.99 → 99¢
  • Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition, $2.99 → 99¢
  • Risk: The Official Game, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Battleship, 99¢
  • Connect 4, 99¢
  • Boggle, 99¢
  • The Game Of Life Classic Edition, $2.99 → 99¢
  • Clue, 99¢
  • Trivial Pursuit, 99¢
  • Yahtzee Adventures, 99¢
  • Scrabble, $2.99 → 99¢

• R Type, $1.99 → 99¢
  • Star Trek, 99¢
  • Skate It, 99¢
  • The Simpsons Arcade, $2.99 → 99¢
  • Dragon's Lair, 99¢
  • Surviving High School, 99¢
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert, 99¢
  • Zombies & Me, $1.99 → 99¢
  • Mass Effect Galaxy, $1.99 → 99¢
  • Wolfenstein RPG, $1.99 → 99¢
  • Anytime Pool, $1.99 → 99¢

• Tetris, $2.99 → 99¢
  • Sudoku, 99¢
  • American Idol: The Game, $1.99 → 99¢
  • Littlest Pet Shop, $2.99 → 99¢
  • Pandemonium, 99¢
  • Snood, 99¢
  • Mystery Mania, $1.99 → 99¢
  • Jewel Quest Mysteries, 99¢

iPad Games:

• SimCity Deluxe for iPad, $6.99 → 99¢
  • Need For Speed Hot Pursuit for iPad, $9.99 → 99¢
  • Need For Speed Shift for iPad, $9.99 → 99¢
  • Madden NFL 11 By EA Sports for iPad, $12.99 → 99¢
  • Mirror's Edge for iPad, $9.99 → 99¢
  • Reckless Racing HD, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Pictureka! for iPad, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Tetris for iPad, $7.99 → 99¢
  • Yahtzee HD, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Boggle for iPad, 99¢
  • Scrabble for iPad, $9.99 → 99¢
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert for iPad, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Clue: Secrets & Spies – A Hidden Object Game, $4.99 → 99¢
  • Snood for iPad, $4.99 → 99¢

Last edited by a moderator:
How do the NFS games compare, anyone? Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, Need For Speed Shift, and Need For Speed Undercover all on sale for $1...downloading the demo for NFS Shift since its the only one i found. I normally dont play racing games like these but they're cheap lol...Real Racing 2 looks quite good but Ill definitely wait for a sale on it...no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back