It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
So far this is the list of people that I know would go to the meetup/swapmeet:

1. ryosnk (myself)
2. rocksolidaudio
3. dp84

If your interested, please post here or pm me. Also I think the HIP mall would be a great starter location (if not contact me or post here with recommendations).

I was just in Chicago for the first time this past weekend, visiting a friend and doing some sightseeing. Just a heads up, the Virgin store on Michigan Ave. had a Steel Battalion for XBOX for $100, I think it is normally $200. I would have considered it if I wasn't on vacation.

[quote name='ryosnk']So far this is the list of people that I know would go to the meetup/swapmeet:

1. ryosnk (myself)
2. rocksolidaudio
3. dp84

If your interested, please post here or pm me. Also I think the HIP mall would be a great starter location (if not contact me or post here with recommendations).[/QUOTE]

I would like to meet up but I really do not have anything to trade. I am really not a trader unless I see something I know someone wants and I pick it up. the only game I have that I would really consider trading right now is .hack 4. I would love to have another gaming party similar to the one Rocksolid had last year. One thing is sure the HIP kind of sucks it is way too busy now that both Best Buy and Target are in there. When are you guys planning on meeting up? How about going to Diversions on Lincoln and Kimball. Is the arcade still in business?

[quote name='flybrione']I would like to meet up but I really do not have anything to trade. I am really not a trader unless I see something I know someone wants and I pick it up. the only game I have that I would really consider trading right now is .hack 4. I would love to have another gaming party similar to the one Rocksolid had last year. One thing is sure the HIP kind of sucks it is way too busy now that both Best Buy and Target are in there. When are you guys planning on meeting up? How about going to Diversions on Lincoln and Kimball. Is the arcade still in business?[/QUOTE]

Hey flybrione, I wouldn't mine a gaming party like the one Rocksolid had, maybe we should try to convince him for one :). But hey, I would bring a few games for trade or sale so it doesn't have to be only trades. Also I dont use the car (wife using it) so I would have to take the bus to Diversions and I heard that is under new managment so who knows it they would let us hang out or trade. But if anything it would have to be late on a weekday or anything in the weekends. :)

[quote name='flybrione']I would like to meet up but I really do not have anything to trade. I am really not a trader unless I see something I know someone wants and I pick it up. the only game I have that I would really consider trading right now is .hack 4. I would love to have another gaming party similar to the one Rocksolid had last year. One thing is sure the HIP kind of sucks it is way too busy now that both Best Buy and Target are in there. When are you guys planning on meeting up? How about going to Diversions on Lincoln and Kimball. Is the arcade still in business?[/QUOTE]Yeah, I have to say that I don't have much that I'd be willing to part with, either. Still, it would be fun to meet other local gamers (of the hardcore shopping mindset) in person. As far as places to meet are concerned, the Diversions arcade is still in operation as far as I know (I'd been there only a few times over the last few years). If you really want to get out the city, though, there's always the (originally Capcom) Nickel City out in the 'burbs (out by Dundee Road, if I recall correctly). There are a number of coupons for Nickel City in SBC's latest Chicago Yellow Pages.

i'd love to host another gaming shindig, but last time was when my dad was out of town, and i'd probably be too weird for him having a bunch of "strangers" around when he's home. i'm moving out in june though, and could probably host one at my new place. until then, a meetup would be sweet, but i'd rather just get dinner with you guys than play games. cause, that's what we do every other waking hour heh.

Hey rocksolidaudio, where would you like to meet up for dinner or snack? I wouldn't mine that cause I don't play games as much as I use too because of my baby and wife, but hey I'm always hungry :).

[quote name='ryosnk']Hmmm, their chicken fajita pita / french silk pie ROCKs :). Whick baker square would you all want to go and when?[/QUOTE]

i'm probably closest to the one on western/touhy, but i know that's not ideal for everyone. so, any location i suppose. and whenever, i can do it any night i'm not working (which i usually don't find out until a week before).

so, i stopped by three more gamecrazys today, and was quite surprised at the amount of stuff still hanging around. i picked up:

SNES:

Legend of Zelda
Secret of Evermore
Kirby Super Star
Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
Final Fantasy II

PS1:

Dragon Warrior VII (disc only)
Final Fantasy 8 (non-gh, complete)
Legend of Mana (disc only)
Buster Bros. Collection (disc only)

N64:

The New Tetris
Paper Mario x2

Sure, nothing compared to the first day, but still a solid haul. The one on Harlem is pretty cleared out (of the good stuff at least), but the ones on North and Central still have quite a bit. I don't feel like listing specifics of what's left over, but if you ask me about a game I can probably tell you whether they had it or not.

If anyone here's looking for Fatal Frame 1 on the Xbox, Reckless Records on Broadway has a nice complete copy for $16.99! It usually goes for 25 and up.

I just got starcraft 64, killer instinct 64, and fatal fury mark of wolves on the gamecrazy rooselvelt store. Also theirs a bakers square by Harlem and Addison.

[quote name='ryosnk']Chicagoans where you all at?[/QUOTE]If you're asking why we aren't posting, perhaps more proactive measures need to be taken to get more Chicago CAGs in here (and subscribed to this thread). If you're asking why we aren't getting together more, I suppose a concrete place and time for eating, trading, or playing would help things along (even if everyone can't make it). Anything happen with that Baker's-Square thing?

I need a favor from a Chicago-based CAG to pick up a game at a local gamestop. I always enter an IL zip code because my cousin's there, but this store is too far from him.

If anyone's feeling generous and wants to help, please PM me. Thank you.

A question for everyone. I've been searching through a few nearby Gamecrazy stores for The New Tetris on 64. Has anyone seen copies left anywhere and if so, where?

[quote name='heffaji']A question for everyone. I've been searching through a few nearby Gamecrazy stores for The New Tetris on 64. Has anyone seen copies left anywhere and if so, where?[/QUOTE]I want to say the GC in Niles (after looking through the lists of available games there), but I can't say for certain. Your best bet is to call, regardless of location. Helpful employees may possibly be able to check the system to see which stores got the game in stock, but my memory may be muddled by calling too many Best Buys and Circuit Citys in the past. Good luck.

[quote name='dpac']If you're asking why we aren't posting, perhaps more proactive measures need to be taken to get more Chicago CAGs in here (and subscribed to this thread). If you're asking why we aren't getting together more, I suppose a concrete place and time for eating, trading, or playing would help things along (even if everyone can't make it). Anything happen with that Baker's-Square thing?[/QUOTE]

Ok, here is the meeting info:

Bakers Square on Harlem and Addison
June 10, 2005
At 7:30.

Just post that your interested in going and we can just talk and trade on the eating.

Wasup fellos. I got a ps2 i wanna sell. Everything works great.
Comes with 1 sony control, 1 mad catz control, 1 hip screen control, 1 memory card, and network adaptor.

I also got a used Disgaea and NBA live 05.

I told my friend to ebay it for me but lots of crap happened and ended up not selling it.

[quote name='dpac']I want to say the GC in Niles (after looking through the lists of available games there), but I can't say for certain. Your best bet is to call, regardless of location. Helpful employees may possibly be able to check the system to see which stores got the game in stock, but my memory may be muddled by calling too many Best Buys and Circuit Citys in the past. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I suppose it does make more sense to call. I'm always afraid that I'll get a lazy employee who will put the phone down and answer without even checking. Plus, there is always the thrill of the unknown search. Still, the remaining stores I haven't checked continue to be further and further away, so I guess it pays in gas to call ahead at this point.

[quote name='ryosnk']Ok, here is the meeting info:

June 10, 2005

Just post that your interested in going and we can just talk and trade on the eating.[/QUOTE]

i'll be there. ugh, soooooooo far though. i can't imagine that's easy to get to for most of the people going; still, i suppose we need a place, and it's easier to plan once we have one. so yeah, i'll be there. maybe we should PM everyone who's posted in this thread before and tell them about it?

Fellas, in case any of you want RE4: SE, the Gamestop on Touhy as two left. Too bad I bought mine two days before the pricedrop! Anyone know if they do retroactive PMing?

[quote name='ryosnk']Ok, here is the meeting info:

June 10, 2005

Just post that your interested in going and we can just talk and trade on the eating.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for contacting me and setting this up, but unfortunately I can't go. I watch my son on Friday nights. :(

[quote name='shieryda']Just take it back with the receipt, and threaten to "get medieval" on their asses if they don't give you sale price.[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah, I guess I could give them the ol' Chicago Stare Down--with the back of my hand.

[quote name='ryosnk']Which Meijer store is the closet to the West side of Chicago?[/QUOTE]When I looked up locations online, the closest one to the north side was the one in Rolling Meadows. (I didn't end up going, but I told a friend about the Samurai Warriors sale.) If you want to check out some of the other locations in Algonquin, Aurora, Elgin, Bolingbrook, and so on, check out the Illinois portion of Meijer's store locator. Maybe you know the area better than I do, and figure out a closer location to the West Side:

http://www.meijer.com/locations/ind...cai=&fsi=&promo=&fromspecpage=&page=&state=IL

Oh, and it looks like I have to pick up some friends from the airport on the evening of the 10th (of June), so dinner at Baker's Square might be out for me. Depending on how the evening goes, I might be able to stop by for dessert, but I wouldn't count on it. Hope you guys have fun, though.

--Dan

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I found a copy of Tales of Symphonia for $9 on Saturday. I already own the game, so I left it for someone else. It is in Downer's Grove, right near the Fry's, in Finley Plaza. Finley Plaza has a TRU, a Best Buy, and a litle Further down, a store labled "Cds Music & Games" or something of that nature. The real name of the store is Disc Replay, and near the back of the store is a copy of Tales if anybody is interested. It's worth a shot, and even if it is gone by now, they have a good collection of ps2, gc, xbox, snes, genesis etc games.

[quote name='ryosnk']Chicago CAG's remember the meeting:

June 10, 2005
At 7:30.[/QUOTE]Hey, all. If I possibly get a chance to make it, either to the beginning or somewhere near the end of this meeting/meal, how will I be able to find whoever's attending? Any names for parties that this group will be under, or other personal identifiers I can use to find you all? Maybe someone can come with a PSP (or two) strapped to their wrist(s)? I just realized that I don't know most of your names or what you look like, so something like that could be pretty helpful (and maybe not just for me). PM me back if you'd rather not post these kinds of things. Thanks.

--Dan

Ok, this is the list of people that posted or emailed me that they will show up to the meet up. If you changed your mine please pm me and if you want to attend just post it here. I ask because the meet up is this week and I want to be sure we all know that.

Meet up list:
1. ryosnk (myself)
2. rocksolidaudio
3. dp84
4. flybrione
5. EdS25
6. bobo2k4
7. dpac

Also, I will be wearing a puma (peach color) hat. :)

I also live in Chicago, Lakeview area. I'm wondering what exactly will u guys be doing on the meeting? Chit chat, trading, etc?????

Also is there anyone in chicago still play soul calibur and would like to have a tournament? let me know!

[quote name='darisma']I also live in Chicago, Lakeview area. I'm wondering what exactly will u guys be doing on the meeting? Chit chat, trading, etc?????

Also is there anyone in chicago still play soul calibur and would like to have a tournament? let me know![/QUOTE]

Well, we will chit chat and trade. Also maybe plan on future meet ups like maybe a halo tournament or something like that. Are you interested in coming?

Bump.

Ok, this is the list of people that posted or emailed me that they will show up to the meet up. If you changed your mine please pm me and if you want to attend just post it here. I ask because the meet up is this week and I want to be sure we all know that.

Meet up list:
1. ryosnk (myself)
2. rocksolidaudio
3. dp84
4. flybrione
5. EdS25
6. bobo2k4
7. dpac

Also, I will be wearing a puma (peach color) hat.

So people on this list are going right?

Meet up list:
1. ryosnk (myself)
2. rocksolidaudio
3. dp84
4. flybrione
5. EdS25
6. bobo2k4
7. dpac

Sorry guys, turns out I have work tomorrow. I won't be able to go, hope it turns out all good though.

I could go, it's not that far as Harlem's only a block away.... but whenever I'm ditching someone I tell them to meet me at Baker's Square... I don't trust this. (Not even joking, thegamer4787 can confirm this)

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i guess i'm still going, but the turnout seems like it will be kinda weak :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Hey, at least the food will be crappy.

[quote name='BLarR']Hey, at least the food will be crappy.[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure what restaurant YOU'RE talking about, but you'd better watch what you say about the BS

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i guess i'm still going, but the turnout seems like it will be kinda weak :whistle2:([/QUOTE]6 or 7 is still quite a few at any sit-down restaurant; any more might make it difficult to get a table (or two). I'm still not sure what my plans are (I might have some other dinner obligations tonight), but I'll give ryosnk a call by 7:00 or 7:30 to let him know what's up. (PM him for his number if you need it.)

Still planning on going. Sounds like I might have the longest drive (coming from west suburbs), so if we're gonna cancel it please post as soon as possible (ideally by like 5:15 latest).

Ed

[quote name='BLarR']I could go, it's not that far as Harlem's only a block away.... but whenever I'm ditching someone I tell them to meet me at Baker's Square... I don't trust this. (Not even joking, thegamer4787 can confirm this)[/QUOTE]

This is true

Well I'll be in the parking lot wearing a puma hat. So if your thier meet me up. Then around 7:15 I guess we can go in.

bread's done
Back