It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blackout']Since there was talk of People Play Games a few pages back, check out this article I did for my website. It's basically a profile of the store. Lots of pictures included too.

The store is great, and if you're anywhere near the city there's no excuse for you not to check the place out. There are just a ton of games there. It's a pretty awesome store.

Anyway, here's the link to my post.

Check it out, thanks! ;)[/QUOTE]

Nice writing. I'm thinking of checking it out next time I'm downtown. I'm looking for a Conker's Bad Fur Day

[quote name='chuckywang']Any Chicago area GS's doing the 50% trade in promo?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop on six corners (Milwaukee, Irving Park, Cicero intersection) is the only one I know of.

I'm throwing down an open challenge to all you lazy ass Chicago CAGs. Ribfest is right around the corner and we should do a meet up there. You don't need to bring games or swag, just yourself. It's about time we had another hang out.

[quote name='Blackout']I'm throwing down an open challenge to all you lazy ass Chicago CAGs. Ribfest is right around the corner and we should do a meet up there. You don't need to bring games or swag, just yourself. It's about time we had another hang out.[/QUOTE]

We're trying to decide which day we'll be there. Saturday and Sunday from noon to 10PM, folks.

Lincoln and Irving Park.

[quote name='Josh5890']Great fix to the thread title!!! I'm going to that parade!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I going to try and go. Dam work.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Now all we need is Lebron and the UC will be banging.[/QUOTE]

Can't we have one night of non Lebron talk? Please :whistle2:#

I have like 3 meetings scheduled at work for Friday....plus I'm going to be hot garbage tomorrow, since I have to be at work in 6 hours.

What's my best opportunity to touch the Cup and take a picture next to it? I'm keeping the beard until I can.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']What's my best opportunity to touch the Cup and take a picture next to it? I'm keeping the beard until I can.[/QUOTE]

Take a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto in the fall.;)

I will most likely be at Ribfest from 3-5PM on Saturday, if any of you dudes want to meet up and chat about gaming while feeding our faces with roasted meats.

[quote name='shieryda']Take a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto in the fall.;)

I will most likely be at Ribfest from 3-5PM on Saturday, if any of you dudes want to meet up and chat about gaming while feeding our faces with roasted meats.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there. C'mon Chicago CAGs. Get your asses over there. How can you pass up ribs? BTW, what's the prices like over there?

Usually between $6-8 for a half-slab. Like most festivals, you have to wait in line to buy tickets. Then you have to wait in line to use those tickets to buy food/drinks.

All you CAG dads can bring your young 'uns, too. They have a kids' area where they can run around like little maniacs. Or get their faces painted. Or both.

[quote name='shieryda']Usually between $6-8 for a half-slab. Like most festivals, you have to wait in line to buy tickets. Then you have to wait in line to use those tickets to buy food/drinks.

All you CAG dads can bring your young 'uns, too. They have a kids' area where they can run around like little maniacs. Or get their faces painted. Or both.[/QUOTE]

So what's a good amount of cash to bring then?

[quote name='Blackout']So what's a good amount of cash to bring then?[/QUOTE]

I usually go for some ribs, a pulled pork sandwich and maybe some cheese fries. Plus, a drink or 2. Prolly at least $30, but don't buy all your tickets to avoid having leftovers (not enough for any food item).

I've never been to ribfest but have been to the taste of chicago many times. I might go to ribfest this year but i wont be able to make it till sunday if i do.

[quote name='shieryda']I usually go for some ribs, a pulled pork sandwich and maybe some cheese fries. Plus, a drink or 2. Prolly at least $30, but don't buy all your tickets to avoid having leftovers (not enough for any food item).[/QUOTE]

OK, sounds like a good amount to bring.

So is anyone else down for the Fest?

Community Action Project:
3800 and 3900 Blocks of Mozart and Francisco.

Our 1st annual neighborhood yard/garage sale this Sunday, June 19, 9-4.

We will have 15 houses participating, which for our first attempt, we are very proud and next year hopefully be at the Ravenswood Manor/Independence Park level!!!!

Items include childrens clothes, toys, gift wrap/ribbon, collectibles, kitchen items, glassware, memorabilia, books, etc.

Any Chicago CAG's that missed out on the target xbox 360 sale: I bought a couple of the arcade units during the sale. Anyone interested in a brand new arcade unit, PM me. I'm asking 140 on craigslist, but for a fellow CAG i'll do 130. Let me know!! I live on northwest side (logan square stop on blue line).

[quote name='KevinMassacre']Any Chicago CAG's that missed out on the target xbox 360 sale: I bought a couple of the arcade units during the sale. Anyone interested in a brand new arcade unit, PM me. I'm asking 140 on craigslist, but for a fellow CAG i'll do 130. Let me know!! I live on northwest side (logan square stop on blue line).[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I'll buy a console, but I'll meet up for a beer at Dunlay's sometime!

Just got back from the Target on addison. They are remodeling the store and I had to search around for the clearance games. I found them on the second floor in the back corner of the store in the toy section. The games were mixed in with the clearance toys. They had about 6 copies of the first Left 4 Dead for $4.98!! Grabbed one copy, so there are about 5 more left. They also had a copy of Spyro (xbox 360) for $4.98 and a couple of copies of G.I. Joe for PSP for $3.71. There were a few other games, i forget what they were, but every title i looked at was around the $5.00 mark. Hope this helps!!!! go hawks!!

If anyone is looking to take advantage of that $10 Blur deal, the Best Buy on Clark still has 4-5 in stock and took both coupons with no problems.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']Just got back from the Target on addison. They are remodeling the store and I had to search around for the clearance games. I found them on the second floor in the back corner of the store in the toy section. The games were mixed in with the clearance toys. They had about 6 copies of the first Left 4 Dead for $4.98!! Grabbed one copy, so there are about 5 more left. They also had a copy of Spyro (xbox 360) for $4.98 and a couple of copies of G.I. Joe for PSP for $3.71. There were a few other games, i forget what they were, but every title i looked at was around the $5.00 mark. Hope this helps!!!! go hawks!![/QUOTE]

Oh nice, I'm just down the street from there... I'll try to check that out tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='brkptr']If anyone is looking to take advantage of that $10 Blur deal, the Best Buy on Clark still has 4-5 in stock and took both coupons with no problems.[/QUOTE]

nice!:applause:

Hey fellow chicagoans - I found the Beatles Rock Band at Borders on lagarange in orland park (ps3 and 360) on clearance for $14.98.

Oh, and go sox.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']Just got back from the Target on addison. They are remodeling the store and I had to search around for the clearance games. I found them on the second floor in the back corner of the store in the toy section. The games were mixed in with the clearance toys. They had about 6 copies of the first Left 4 Dead for $4.98!! Grabbed one copy, so there are about 5 more left. They also had a copy of Spyro (xbox 360) for $4.98 and a couple of copies of G.I. Joe for PSP for $3.71. There were a few other games, i forget what they were, but every title i looked at was around the $5.00 mark. Hope this helps!!!! go hawks!![/QUOTE]

I went there yesterday and everything was gone. Only games left were 2-3 copies of some crappy PS2 game. Some sucka probably scooped them all up and traded them into the Gamestop in the shopping center.

[quote name='Blackout']I went there yesterday and everything was gone. Only games left were 2-3 copies of some crappy PS2 game. Some sucka probably scooped them all up and traded them into the Gamestop in the shopping center.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my wife was there yesterday and I asked her to check for sale stuff but she said there wasn't even a clearance section anymore (that she could find, anyway). Guess I missed my window on that.

[quote name='brkptr']Yeah, my wife was there yesterday and I asked her to check for sale stuff but she said there wasn't even a clearance section anymore (that she could find, anyway). Guess I missed my window on that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I asked about the clearance section they said it wouldnt be back for a week or so. But then in the toy section on the second floor I found an endcap that said clearance. There was crap piled everywhere, I dug through it and found the left 4 deads. The store is a mess right now with the remodeling. Im going back in a few minutes to see what else I can dig up. If I find anything I'll post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='D_Icon']Admiral will have free admission on the 28th from 9pm-12am. Supposedly free food too.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

nice.

not sure I would eat the food. LOL

[quote name='KevinMassacre']Yeah, when I asked about the clearance section they said it wouldnt be back for a week or so. But then in the toy section on the second floor I found an endcap that said clearance. There was crap piled everywhere, I dug through it and found the left 4 deads. The store is a mess right now with the remodeling. Im going back in a few minutes to see what else I can dig up. If I find anything I'll post it here.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing there. That's where I looked. It was picked clean.

Does anyone know where the target on Diehl in Warrenville moved their clearance games to? I usually swing through there on my way home to pick up groceries, but ever since the remodel I can't find anything in that store (which really sucks when you're in a rush and looking for pancake mix which has magically moved five aisles over). Used to get some decent clearance deals there but now I can't find them :)

Off Topic but relevant if someone wants to save a couple $$$ or wants a cheap 360:
If anyone is interested in taking advantage of the GS trade-in deal for a 360 Slim and wants trade fodder, I have a 360 arcade w/wireless controller, 512MB mem card and all necessary cables available. That should net $118 or more (w/ EDGE) TIV. I'm looking to get $95 for the bundle. Works great. The RROD warranty just ran out on it and I replaced it with a 360 from the Target deal last week. I'd use it to trade up for a slim but can't afford to spend the extra $$$ right now. If anyone's interested, shoot me a PM.

[quote name='dfg']Anybody check out the Taste yet? It's been years, but my daughter is old enough now to appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was there on Monday night for a little while. I've only been in Chicago for a few years now (originally from Boston) but it's been a *noticible* difference in the quality and size of the Taste just in the time I've been here. I remember a few years ago it was huge and had vendors on both sides of the street and down the middle, and there were ferris wheels and big diving pools and all this crazy crap. This year it felt super empty to me though. The crowds were still there, but there are way less vendors. There's nothing in the middle of the street anymore, and while the sides of the streets are still lined with tents, I'd say only 2/3 (or less) of those have food. Really disappointing.

If you live close by and it's an easy trip for you then your daughter might get a kick out of it, but I don't think I can recommend it if you need to come in from the burbs or something.

[quote name='brkptr']Yeah I was there on Monday night for a little while. I've only been in Chicago for a few years now (originally from Boston) but it's been a *noticible* difference in the quality and size of the Taste just in the time I've been here. I remember a few years ago it was huge and had vendors on both sides of the street and down the middle, and there were ferris wheels and big diving pools and all this crazy crap. This year it felt super empty to me though. The crowds were still there, but there are way less vendors. There's nothing in the middle of the street anymore, and while the sides of the streets are still lined with tents, I'd say only 2/3 (or less) of those have food. Really disappointing.

If you live close by and it's an easy trip for you then your daughter might get a kick out of it, but I don't think I can recommend it if you need to come in from the burbs or something.[/QUOTE]

It's actually nice to be able to walk around without having to bump into someone every 2 seconds since they don't have the vendors in the middle but there is definitely a lot less to choose from now. I believe it's because they are only allowing city restaurants in the Taste this year, no one from the burbs can get a spot now. not sure why they did that but that's Chicago for you!!!!!
I went Friday and it was packed. I'd say if you've never gone before it's a pretty good time.

Any good places to drink along the Elston strip? Kind of looking for a Bar/Restaurant type of deal. I don't want to go to the Taste yet, gonna wait for that. I'm looking for a place for tonight.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']The Green Dolphin is "good" but I think just on Monday nights. You might have to hit Division, tonight for a decent bar.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Green Dolphin close? A friend of mine was supposed to get married there this fall but a couple months ago she was told by the people she reserved it with that they got shut down/boarded up.

I can't really think of anywhere along Elston to go out for a drink. There's some super sketchy-looking bar on one of the side streets near DPW truck yard and the Home Depot on North. Oh, and Exit is right there too, that's supposed to be decent. But I guess if you're down there you can keep heading east and go to some of the places around North and Clybourn.

[quote name='brkptr']Didn't Green Dolphin close? A friend of mine was supposed to get married there this fall but a couple months ago she was told by the people she reserved it with that they got shut down/boarded up.

I can't really think of anywhere along Elston to go out for a drink. There's some super sketchy-looking bar on one of the side streets near DPW truck yard and the Home Depot on North. Oh, and Exit is right there too, that's supposed to be decent. But I guess if you're down there you can keep heading east and go to some of the places around North and Clybourn.[/QUOTE]

Oh huh, that sketchy-looking bar is the Hideout. I'd heard of it before but never knew that was it - it's supposed to be pretty cool actually. Not exactly the bar/restaurant feel you're looking for though.

bread's done
Back